View Full Version : Hello everyone!

thecyr
03-04-2006, 11:00 AM
Hi! Been meaning to signup for a while, I'm originally from The Upper Saint River Valley in New Brunswick and spent many times stomping around in Aroostook county.

Now that we're back in the Maritimes, expect to see caches from Calais to Fort Kent getting log entries from me :):)

thecyr

Smitty & Co.
03-04-2006, 11:19 AM
Welcome!!!! :D

Beach Comber
03-04-2006, 06:09 PM
Welcome!

Am hoping to get up that way this year - look forward to your caches!

noreasta
03-04-2006, 07:30 PM
welcome aboard and i hope that you have plans on caching in the mid coast area...

Team2hunt
03-04-2006, 08:25 PM
Welcome. Glad you "found us". The Team has cached in both Maine and Canada. And we enjoyed the Grand Manan Island tour we did last November. Will be geting up north this summer. We hope.

jeepingirl2
04-03-2006, 07:26 PM
Welcome and that would be great!! We have offices in Fort Kent, Caribou, and Houlton, so this would certainly give me something to do up that way on overnights.

WhereRWe?
04-03-2006, 07:28 PM
Welcome!

RULOST2? and I spent a week in the Halifax area last summer - camping at the Halifax KOA Campground. A lot of great caches in Nova Scotia. We hope to get back in a couple of years. My grandmother was from the Annapolis Royal area, s we especially want to get to that area.

firefighterjake
04-03-2006, 08:33 PM
Welcome to geocachingmaine.org thecyr.

thecyr
04-04-2006, 06:20 AM
Hard to beat the KOA in Halifax, the folks came down last year and really enjoyed it. There has been a boom in caches in the annapolis valley, lots of quality caches. I highly recommend cape split hike. 13km round trip with now 7 caches I think. N45 19.997 W64 29.686

The view at the end is worth it. The trail is well maintained and slight incline makes it a easy hike in.

J_Cyr
04-04-2006, 10:37 AM
Welcome. Great last name...

Kaching Karen
04-04-2006, 08:43 PM
Now, I have to respond to this. I am a Valley Girl (Annapolis Valley) and grew up with Cape Split in my back door. I highly recommend this hike with or without caches. Camp at Cape Blomidon Provincial Park and you may bump into my Mum and Dad who do campground hosting and are geocachers!

Dave and Gail
04-04-2006, 08:56 PM
Hi thecyr, Dave and Gail here, we are newbies and are having a great time at this hobby so far. Gail is from P.E.I and has friends in St John. There are some caches in P.E.I. I see on the GC site, 54 total, so we will be caching there this summer when we take our annual week home for Gail. Welcome from "Dave and Gail" and Shamis

Mainiac1957
04-04-2006, 09:12 PM
We went up there for a week last summer camping. It was my first time, but it won't be the last. I think I got around 40 or so caches that week. They are mostly easy ones so you can get a bunch.

brdad
04-05-2006, 05:49 AM
Welcome. Great last name...

I always heard everyone north of Millinocket was related, so it makes sense. :D

firefighterjake
04-05-2006, 08:16 AM
Hi thecyr, Dave and Gail here, we are newbies and are having a great time at this hobby so far. Gail is from P.E.I and has friends in St John. There are some caches in P.E.I. I see on the GC site, 54 total, so we will be caching there this summer when we take our annual week home for Gail. Welcome from "Dave and Gail" and Shamis

My wife and I have been to PEI three times and absolutely love it . . . we always try to avoid the busy summer months and have usually visited in September when things are winding down . . . kind of makes me think that this is what much of Maine used to be like. A very pretty island and very nice folks. I would highly recommend a trip to PEI to anyone.

WhereRWe?
04-05-2006, 08:20 AM
I would highly recommend a trip to PEI to anyone.

We like ALL the Canadian Atlantic provinces. :D :D

Some of the best caches we've seen are in the Fredericton, St John and Moncton areas of New Brunswick.

We've been to PEI twice, but not since we started caching.

We also want to get back to Newfoundland, but it takes SOOOO much time getting there and back.

firefighterjake
04-05-2006, 08:35 AM
We like ALL the Canadian Atlantic provinces. :D :D

Some of the best caches we've seen are in the Fredericton, St John and Moncton areas of New Brunswick.

We've been to PEI twice, but not since we started caching.

We also want to get back to Newfoundland, but it takes SOOOO much time getting there and back.

OK, OK . . . yes, I too love our Canadian friends to the north as well and there are some beautiful areas.

I've also visited Nova Scotia some as well and liked that province as well. Never made it as far as Newfoundland and to tell the truth I've always just passed through New Brunswick . . . even though I know there are some beautiful spots there as well.

I haven't been up north/east however since I've started geo-caching either.

thecyr
04-06-2006, 03:40 PM
We'll be off to newfoundland in august (western portion) for the first time, and can't wait to get up there.

My girlfriend is from PEI and I really like Marco Polo campgrounds in Cavendish & Mill River on the western part of the Island. The caches are good, but don't get many logs during off-season.

But the big outing this summer will be to Baxter Park in late july. I hope log a few caches along the way.:)

Hiram357
04-14-2006, 09:59 PM
Everyone going to NS should take The Cat! I guarantee the air conditioning works great!and the beer is definitely going to be cold! :D:D:D

rwdates
04-19-2006, 10:04 PM
I am from Tuscaloosa, AL and my girlfriend and I love the thought of coming to Maine one day. We also want to find a way to get a Maine geocoin. Any ideas?

Sudonim
04-19-2006, 10:58 PM
We also want to find a way to get a Maine geocoin. Any ideas?

E-mail sent....

Beach Comber
04-19-2006, 10:58 PM
Do you have a coin for AL? If so, I'd be willing to trade one of my Maine coins.

rwdates
04-20-2006, 08:05 PM
I do have one, but it is my only one. Plus I already activated it.