View Full Version : Attention All Maine Cachers!!!

Hiram357
03-11-2006, 10:12 PM
This is a warning to all maine cachers. On SATURDAY THE 18TH OF MARCH 2006 there will be a series of events that will change the way you look at caching forever! Be warned that there will be caches published on SATURDAY THE 18TH OF MARCH 2006. I will not tell you where these caches are, I will not tell you how many caches there are. But there is more than one cache, and there is more than one cacher involved in my geocaching conspiracy!! IF YOU HAVE NEVER GOTTEN A FTF (FIRST TIME FIND) THIS COULD BE YOUR LUCKY DAY! On SATURDAY THE 18TH OF MARCH 2006 KEEP ONE EYE ON YOUR COMPUTER AND THE OTHER EYE ON THE ROAD! This is all the infomation I will give out about this unorthodox event. Not even under torture or threats of death will I divulge any more information than this.... you have been warned. :eek: :eek: :eek:

robt
03-12-2006, 08:26 AM
hmm, so you will not tell.... What if we threaten your beer?????? Ok if that does not work what if we offer Beer as a bribe??? :)

Hiram357
03-12-2006, 11:47 AM
hmm, so you will not tell.... What if we threaten your beer?????? Ok if that does not work what if we offer Beer as a bribe??? :)

Ya know, I used to worry about all the beer I drink. I would say to myself, "what if I run out!?!?!:eek: " But then as I grew older about the age of 15 I came to the realization that THEY MAKE MORE EVERY DAY!!! SO DRINK UP!! :D :D :D and so for the beer as a brib, I can not. I am sworn to secrecy by an oath of the inner circle of cachers involved. We've got a secret handshake and everything. But just keep in mind, SATURDAY MARCH 18TH 2006!!!! Will be the day that everyone has a chance... MUHWAHAHAHA!!!! :cool:

Haffy
03-12-2006, 11:57 AM
Awww, what a bummer,as I am not going to be in the area for that whole weekend. So Steve and Terry and all the other FTF addicts, go for it!!!!!:(

Hiram357
03-12-2006, 01:03 PM
Awww, what a bummer,as I am not going to be in the area for that whole weekend. So Steve and Terry and all the other FTF addicts, go for it!!!!!:(

WHAT!?!?!!??!!?! WELL THEN YOU NEED TO CANCEL YOUR PLANS!! :D

FuddsGirls
03-12-2006, 01:46 PM
We were going to hide our first cache next weekend, maybe we'll wait and enjoy the fun of a possible FTF.:confused:

robt
03-12-2006, 02:18 PM
Ya know, I used to worry about all the beer I drink. I would say to myself, "what if I run out!?!?!:eek: " But then as I grew older about the age of 15 I came to the realization that THEY MAKE MORE EVERY DAY!!! SO DRINK UP!! :D :D :D and so for the beer as a brib, I can not. I am sworn to secrecy by an oath of the inner circle of cachers involved. We've got a secret handshake and everything. But just keep in mind, SATURDAY MARCH 18TH 2006!!!! Will be the day that everyone has a chance... MUHWAHAHAHA!!!! :cool:

ok :( I am just bummed cause I have to do that work thing and will not be able to go for the race. That and if I could start on friday my day off I might find it with my magellan before the end of the year :D :D :D

BUt ok, well I guess i will loose another bunch of FTF's and never know the joy of being the first :( :(

Mainiac1957
03-12-2006, 04:26 PM
I too will be elsewhere. With Haffy as a matter of fact! Not close enough to run for FTF's for sure.

Hiram357
03-12-2006, 04:35 PM
so the big cheese FTF hound wont' be around????? this might make it interesting then, let some greenhorns get the taste of blood and fight it out :D

Haffy
03-12-2006, 06:01 PM
What's this, I hear that a cacher from the southern part of the state will be setting up shop with his laptop and all the other needed items so when the caches are published he will be using all his endeavers to make sure that he is indeed the state FTF champion and compulsive addict that he is :eek: . With GPS in hand and nightlight nothing will stop this individual from the goal at hand. All I can say is, all you cachers out there better be prepared to do some night caching cause nothing will stop this cacher. Sure wish I was going to be around this coming weekend cause I would give this cacher a run for his money. :D :D :D

Hiram357
03-12-2006, 06:15 PM
What's this, I hear that a cacher from the southern part of the state will be setting up shop with his laptop and all the other needed items so when the caches are published he will be using all his endeavers to make sure that he is indeed the state FTF champion and compulsive addict that he is :eek: . With GPS in hand and nightlight nothing will stop this individual from the goal at hand. All I can say is, all you cachers out there better be prepared to do some night caching cause nothing will stop this cacher. Sure wish I was going to be around this coming weekend cause I would give this cacher a run for his money. :D :D :D

And who might this mystery cacher be?

Ye Olde Prospector
03-12-2006, 07:25 PM
Hey maybe someone will beat my FOUR FTF in one day if a bunch come up at once. I've been slacking lately, after reaching my goal of sixty FTF's in Maine, allways between sunrise and sunset. The strangest one was Hasta La Vista,Maybe. That was placed 29th July 03 and I was still FTF on 18 Oct 03, guess that one slipped through the cracks. Good Luck, have fun and keep on caching.

Cliff (YOP)

Haffy
03-12-2006, 07:37 PM
And who might this mystery cacher be?

Well let's see,what sound does a Turkey make? :p

Hoamdezinahs
03-12-2006, 08:16 PM
I hear the mystery cacher is actually going to be out of state that weekend on business, but don't take my word for it.:) :) :)

Haffy
03-12-2006, 08:25 PM
Shhhhhhh, don't spoil the fun I am having.:D

Cache'n Jacksons
03-13-2006, 07:13 AM
Hey maybe someone will beat my FOUR FTF in one day if a bunch come up at once.

Already been beat... our record is six FTF's in one busy caching day between Rochester, NH and Durham on July 6, 2003. I don't expect that to happen again, we got very lucky!

LaughingTerry
03-13-2006, 10:27 PM
I can tell you a couple that will be published Saturday. A new Puzzle cache and a new "Right in Plain Sight" cache. Oh, and a couple lame micros.

LET THE FUN BEGIN!!!!!!!

Ye Olde Prospector
03-13-2006, 11:45 PM
Already been beat... our record is six FTF's in one busy caching day between Rochester, NH and Durham on July 6, 2003. I don't expect that to happen again, we got very lucky!

Hi Cach'n Jacksons,

Congrats on your 6 FTF's in one day. Noticed all were NH, in same area,released on same day by same cacher. Looks like the right day and right place to be.The mere 4 FTF I got were all Maine 15 Jun 2004 (S.Portland,Portland,Augusta and Washington) released on different dates by different cachers. The last one already had DNF's due to wrong Co-ords but I found it anyway. Keep on cachin.

Cliff

robt
03-14-2006, 09:00 AM
I can tell you a couple that will be published Saturday. A new Puzzle cache and a new "Right in Plain Sight" cache. Oh, and a couple lame micros.

LET THE FUN BEGIN!!!!!!!

But Terry, where are they going to be placed????? You could give us all a head start and then you can get FTF before it is posted :)

firefighterjake
03-14-2006, 11:17 AM
Geesh Hiram . . . not even a hint as to where these caches may be placeed . . . Central Maine, Southern Maine, Northern Maine, etc.

becket
03-14-2006, 11:56 AM
Geesh Hiram . . . not even a hint as to where these caches may be placeed . . . Central Maine, Southern Maine, Northern Maine, etc.

what about downeast maine? i bet that's where he's putting them!

Hiram357
03-14-2006, 05:37 PM
yeah, great idea!! I'll tell you guys all the places im hiding them and ruin the fun for everyone!! geeeeze cmon people!! i bet all of you are the kind of kids that snuck downstairs on Christmas Eve after you parents went to be too!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

WhereRWe?
03-14-2006, 07:09 PM
yeah, great idea!! I'll tell you guys all the places im hiding them and ruin the fun for everyone!! geeeeze cmon people!! i bet all of you are the kind of kids that snuck downstairs on Christmas Eve after you parents went to be too!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

LOL! And you DIDN'T sneak downstairs on Christmas Eve? ;) ;)

Hiram357
03-14-2006, 10:30 PM
LOL! And you DIDN'T sneak downstairs on Christmas Eve? ;) ;)

NO I DID NOT SNEAK DOWNSTAIRS.... I was actually quite up front and very audible about it :D:D:D

LaughingTerry
03-15-2006, 12:16 AM
But Terry, where are they going to be placed????? You could give us all a head start and then you can get FTF before it is posted :)

But I can't log FTF when I am the owner. So they are all yours. Have fun, I did thinking them up and placing them(except for the lame micros). The lame Micros I had fun writing up though. Good Luck :p

team teebow
03-15-2006, 12:39 PM
Are all of those TB's that are showing up in not approved yet caches a possible indication for the 18th????? :D:D

LaughingTerry
03-15-2006, 04:44 PM
You are quite the slueth huh? Figured that out quick. LOL I put a TB in one of mine that isn't published yet. Of course it is in the puzzle cache called "SPLAT!!" LOL I tried to upload a preview but It doesn't seem to be working for me.

Hiram357
03-15-2006, 08:02 PM
Are all of those TB's that are showing up in not approved yet caches a possible indication for the 18th????? :D:D

actually ya missed it! the whole rapture thing just happened and people took there TB's along with them!! so sorry.... :rolleyes: