View Full Version : Tb Needs To Head South

Hiram357
03-17-2006, 03:00 PM
I've got "Ellie the Elephant" who desperately needs to head back to Florida where there is a sad little girl that misses her elephant. I was wondering if there was anyone planning on going southbound that would be able to take this TB off my hands. If not I'll probably just drop it off in the southernmost cache I find (which would probably be Augusta)

we3beans
03-17-2006, 03:26 PM
I'm headed southbound (to MA) for Easter, unless she can't wait that long...

firefighterjake
03-17-2006, 03:29 PM
Hiram . . . if it needs to go sooner I can take it and drop it off at the BIA Travel Bug Hote Cache . . . that seems to be pretty active and there are still a lot of folks heading to Florida from there.

Hiram357
03-17-2006, 03:31 PM
I'm headed southbound (to MA) for Easter, unless she can't wait that long...

well she's been tryin to get home for almost 2 years, I think any advancement south would be positive. I'll put you on the list for taking her south, if nobody contacts me before easter with a more southern destination I'll pass her off to you. :D

Slate
03-17-2006, 03:45 PM
I'm headed to Florida at the end of April and could take here there then unless someone else can move her along sooner.

Hiram357
03-17-2006, 05:10 PM
I'm headed to Florida at the end of April and could take here there then unless someone else can move her along sooner.

If your going to florida I think I'll pass it on to you, I would much rather see it go straight there as opposed to seeing it bounce around the states for another year.

WhereRWe?
03-17-2006, 06:57 PM
I've got "Ellie the Elephant" who desperately needs to head back to Florida where there is a sad little girl that misses her elephant. I was wondering if there was anyone planning on going southbound that would be able to take this TB off my hands. If not I'll probably just drop it off in the southernmost cache I find (which would probably be Augusta)

Wait a minute, Hiram! I put "Ellie" in the BIA Airport cache - good place for moving a bug SOUTH! What the heck did you pick it up for? LOL! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

But I also note that "Ellie" has already been back to Florida. In my opinion, once a TB has reached it's goal, the next goal is to put as many miles on it as possible. IMHO...

:D :D

Hiram357
03-17-2006, 10:04 PM
Wait a minute, Hiram! I put "Ellie" in the BIA Airport cache - good place for moving a bug SOUTH! What the heck did you pick it up for? LOL! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

But I also note that "Ellie" has already been back to Florida. In my opinion, once a TB has reached it's goal, the next goal is to put as many miles on it as possible. IMHO...

Well since there was no note with the TB indicating it's goals I picked it up not knowing what it wanted to do. And it does say in the TB description that it wants to go back to florida.

firefighterjake
03-18-2006, 07:16 AM

Part of the problem when TBs fail to have a description attached to them indicating their goal . . . or when they have accomplished their goal and then are just left going back and forth in TB purgatory. I had a TB that had reached its goal so I e-mailed the owner about their wishes (it was one of the TB Where's Waldos that were originally in a race to get to Waldo County, Maine) and after a few days the owner got back to me with a new goal . . . I did make a mistake though . . . I should have attached a description to the TB listing its new goal before sending it along since it had no description on it at all.

WhereRWe?
03-18-2006, 07:33 AM
Well since there was no note with the TB indicating it's goals I picked it up not knowing what it wanted to do. And it does say in the TB description that it wants to go back to florida.

And then again, since this TB has been traveling since 2002, so who knows how many tags it's lost! LOL! :p :p

Hiram357
03-18-2006, 08:50 AM
And then again, since this TB has been traveling since 2002, so who knows how many tags it's lost! LOL! :p :p How about I email the owner, and then we'll get a direct answer on if it wants to go to florida or not??

WhereRWe?
03-18-2006, 09:33 AM
How about I email the owner, and then we'll get a direct answer on if it wants to go to florida or not??

Sheesh, Hiram! I don't care where it goes! LOL!

I did my best to help it along.

Hiram357
03-18-2006, 10:41 AM
WELLL HERE"S WHAT THE OWNER SAID.... :p:p:p

"if Ellie could come back to Florida that would be fine. Yes Ellie made it
home for awhile but was released again at Woodstock last year. If it is not
too much problem to return her to Florida that would be good.
'Greg"

Slate
03-20-2006, 10:13 AM
I'm probably going to be in the Waterville area Easter weekend and I could grab the TB from you then if you want to send it to Florida with me.

Hiram357
03-20-2006, 07:01 PM
Ok, I may not be in the area that weekend, not sure yet, even if I'm not I'll stash it somewhere for you. I'll let you know when it comes closer, remind me if ya don't hear from me (i tend to forget things)

firefighterjake
03-21-2006, 08:34 AM
Ok, I may not be in the area that weekend, not sure yet, even if I'm not I'll stash it somewhere for you. I'll let you know when it comes closer, remind me if ya don't hear from me (i tend to forget things)

Somewhere here there is a joke about beer and brain cells . . . but I won't be the one to say anything since those that live in glass shacks should never cast the first stone, right? :) (Not that I drink very often . . . it's just that I have a terrible memory.)

Forest_Nymph
03-21-2006, 01:21 PM
Is Alabama close enough for the TB? Will be there the first of april....have another TB taking the trip there by air so one more shouldn't be a problem.

Hiram357
03-21-2006, 05:02 PM
Somewhere here there is a joke about beer and brain cells . . . but I won't be the one to say anything since those that live in glass shacks should never cast the first stone, right? :) (Not that I drink very often . . . it's just that I have a terrible memory.)

what was the question??:confused::confused::confused:

Hiram357
05-05-2006, 04:05 PM
Thanks for taking it to Florida Slate!!!! :)

Slate
05-05-2006, 04:17 PM
Not a problem, it worked out pretty easy. Hopefully it can make its way to Gainsville now. When we were dropping off the TB we actually ran into a family which was dropping off another TB which had just come from Maine and also wanted to go to Florida. Very odd coincide.

hollora
05-07-2006, 10:46 PM
Reading this I see no info about TB Passports. I just found a TB which had one and it is great. Has anyone else seen them? My new bugs will be going out with them.

firefighterjake
05-08-2006, 06:13 AM
Reading this I see no info about TB Passports. I just found a TB which had one and it is great. Has anyone else seen them? My new bugs will be going out with them.

Never seen or heard of . . . more details please.

Hiram357
05-08-2006, 07:51 PM
great now the TB's have to have passports too!!??