View Full Version : Re: FTF A Thon . . . what are your thoughts

firefighterjake
03-17-2006, 03:31 PM
I can't speak for everyone else, but I'm kind of excited about Hiram's FTF A Thon . . . if nohing else it's a neat concept. Maybe it will give some newbies and even veteran cachers a chance to nab a FTF . . . if nothing else I may be able to get another FTF to add to the pitiful low number that I have currently.

Trezurs*-R-*Fun
03-17-2006, 04:03 PM
What does FTF stand for???:D

Hiram357
03-17-2006, 05:13 PM
FTF's are pretty boring, I'm only doing the FTF-A-Thon because the real cache hider doesn't want his identity known until the caches are published. Other than that they're pretty lame, It's just like finding the cache on any other day.... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Beach Comber
03-17-2006, 05:15 PM
FTF's are pretty boring, I'm only doing the FTF-A-Thon because the real cache hider doesn't want his identity known until the caches are published. Other than that they're pretty lame, It's just like finding the cache on any other day.... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Surrrrrrrrrre - LOL

Beach Comber
03-17-2006, 05:16 PM
What does FTF stand for???:D

I'm not sure either - but if you were to say that there is a DNF-a-thon, I would know exactly what THAT is! I do them regularly :eek:

Hiram357
03-17-2006, 05:20 PM
I'm not sure either - but if you were to say that there is a DNF-a-thon, I would know exactly what THAT is! I do them regularly :eek:

A DNF-A-Thon would be trying to do more than 1 laughing terry puzzle cache in a day!!!:D

team teebow
03-17-2006, 05:29 PM
What am I doing wrong? I can't add my vote....:confused:

Pooh and friends
03-17-2006, 07:41 PM
:confused: I cant vote either!

brdad
03-17-2006, 08:01 PM

And the good thing with DNFs are - multiple ones by the same cacher is fun each time! Well, at least as a cache hider it is. :D

Beach Comber
03-17-2006, 09:00 PM
I wonder if those who can't vote are not able to do so because it is restricted to donating members only. I remember back when the donation option was first discussed there were a few things that would be available to donating members only. It seems that voting was on the list, but I may be wrong - it was a bit ago.

LaughingTerry
03-17-2006, 09:31 PM
A DNF-A-Thon would be trying to do more than 1 laughing terry puzzle cache in a day!!!:D

C'mon now, My puzzles are designed to be easy. To be simple. Of course so many people seem to overthink my simple easy puzzles.

Hiram357
03-17-2006, 10:13 PM
C'mon now, My puzzles are designed to be easy. To be simple. Of course so many people seem to overthink my simple easy puzzles.

that's my problem, my world is surrounded by technical puzzles every day. My brain is fried beyond repair, I can't underthink things. I get home and have to strategize opening a bottle of ketchup!!

Beach Comber
03-17-2006, 10:14 PM
Ohmigod! I know just what you are talking about - lol :o Thank goodness I am not the only one - hehehehe

firefighterjake
03-18-2006, 07:33 AM

You have to remember that I'm a Municipal Employee . . . and a requirement for being hired by the city, state or federal government is that you not have a brain and not be able to think . . . which explains why I struggle with your puzzles. :)

firefighterjake
03-18-2006, 07:34 AM
I wonder if those who can't vote are not able to do so because it is restricted to donating members only. I remember back when the donation option was first discussed there were a few things that would be available to donating members only. It seems that voting was on the list, but I may be wrong - it was a bit ago.

If this is the case I apologize to those who are not able to vote . . . it was never my intention to alienate anyone by doing the poll.

WhereRWe?
03-18-2006, 07:36 AM
You have to remember that I'm a Municipal Employee . . . and a requirement for being hired by the city, state or federal government is that you not have a brain and not be able to think . . . which explains why I struggle with your puzzles. :)

No, no... I had 22 years of Federal service and 6 years of municipal service, and know for a fact that you may have a brain and still be employed by the government, but you are NOT allowed to USE it! ;) ;)

Hiram357
03-18-2006, 08:36 AM
I drink to kill the weak brain cells...