View Full Version : Inmans cave info?

Rabbit&Turtle
03-19-2006, 05:19 PM
We are heading to the Camden area this coming weekend for some hiking and caching. I'd like to check out inmans cave and megunticook cave while there. Does anyone have any info on the best way to get to these caves? I've got some basic coordinates, but I don't know the best approach. Thanks for any info...

Haffy
03-19-2006, 05:35 PM
Not really sure and didn't know about either of them but you might want to check out this site if you havent already.: http://www.bostongrotto.org/Grotto/hendrickson/maine.html

attroll
03-19-2006, 07:02 PM
Not really sure and didn't know about either of them but you might want to check out this site if you havent already.: http://www.bostongrotto.org/Grotto/hendrickson/maine.html

That was a pretty cool link John. I did some searching on the web and could not find any information on any of these caves in Maine. I would like to read more about the ones in the north and off the coast. So if anyone knows any information I can find on them on the web please let me know.

WhereRWe?
03-20-2006, 07:16 AM
That was a pretty cool link John. I did some searching on the web and could not find any information on any of these caves in Maine. I would like to read more about the ones in the north and off the coast. So if anyone knows any information I can find on them on the web please let me know.

It figures - "The Blazing Trolls" getting excited about a bunch of caves...

;) ;) ;)

attroll
03-20-2006, 01:23 PM
It figures - "The Blazing Trolls" getting excited about a bunch of caves...

;) ;) ;)

Well we are Trolls. What did you expect. Actually though. I have been caving before which I think is called spelunking and I am not to fond of it. It is a very scary feeling for me. I don't know if I would ever do it again. I just find them interesting and finding entrances are fun.

WhereRWe?
03-20-2006, 06:39 PM
Well we are Trolls. What did you expect. Actually though. I have been caving before which I think is called spelunking and I am not to fond of it. It is a very scary feeling for me. I don't know if I would ever do it again. I just find them interesting and finding entrances are fun.

We've been into several of the BIG caves - Mammoth Cave in Kentucky for one - but could you see ME "spelunking"? LOL!

Sudonim
03-20-2006, 07:43 PM
We've been into several of the BIG caves - Mammoth Cave in Kentucky for one - but could you see ME "spelunking"? LOL!
Knowing my luck, if I went spekunking, I'd probably slip and go kerplunking:p

firefighterjake
03-21-2006, 08:39 AM
I think I must be part troll or hobbit or something since I really like caves and being underground . . . unfortunately by less-than-svelte body isn't exactly made for navigating through tight crevices and cracks.

Hiram357
03-21-2006, 08:11 PM
I think I must be part troll or hobbit or something since I really like caves and being underground . . . unfortunately by less-than-svelte body isn't exactly made for navigating through tight crevices and cracks.

wow jake, you get the dictionary.com prize of the day! I actually had to look up svelte...

svelte Audio pronunciation of "svelte" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (svlt)
adj. svelt·er, svelt·est

Slender or graceful in figure or outline; slim.

:D

d’76
03-21-2006, 08:13 PM
wow jake, you get the dictionary.com prize of the day! I actually had to look up svelte...

adj. svelt·er, svelt·est

That describes me to a tee

firefighterjake
03-21-2006, 08:23 PM

adj. svelt·er, svelt·est

If it's any consolation . . . while I knew what it meant (darn Wordly Wise tests that Miss Gillulli made us take in 11th grade English composition class!) I couldn't remember how to spell it and had to look it up in the dictionary.