View Full Version : The Ticks are Back!

WhereRWe?
03-28-2006, 08:05 AM
I was caching in southern Maine yesterday and, in the car after returning from one cache, found 2 deer ticks crawling on my arm.

So, THEY'RE BACK! :( :( :(

Deer ticks and the possibility of contracting Lyme disease has been discussed extensively in these forums, so there is plenty of information available. But take precautions, because THEY'RE BACK!!! :( :(

d’76
03-28-2006, 08:11 AM
I was caching in southern Maine yesterday and, in the car after returning from one cache, found 2 deer ticks crawling on my arm.

So, THEY'RE BACK! :( :( :(

Deer ticks and the possibility of contracting Lyme disease has been discussed extensively in these forums, so there is plenty of information available. But take precautions, because THEY'RE BACK!!! :( :(

And people wonder why I carry a gun:D I'll get'em

we3beans
03-28-2006, 12:01 PM
Which reminds me Judy, how is your tick bite? Everything ok?

Beach Comber
03-28-2006, 08:30 PM
Deer ticks? The tiny ones? eek!!

I prefer not to go through that experience again this year! My tick bit resolved and I have had no symptoms since that amazing bulls eye on my leg. Well, does being crabby count? hehehehe I would like to blame that on something!

I actually think I run more risk for falling and breaking my neck than contracting Lyme disease since I trip and fall fairly regularly while out caching - lol

Kidding aside, I hope that everyone has a Lyme disease free caching season!

Hiram357
03-29-2006, 07:40 PM
I just stop bathing so that they die when they get within smelling range of me! :D

Ekidokai
05-24-2012, 11:54 AM
Have not seen one tick yet.

UMainah
05-24-2012, 01:38 PM
Found the first tick of the season on me yesterday after doing a bit of caching in Bangor City Forest.

surfacewarrior
05-27-2012, 02:10 AM
I have found more ticks on Geopooch this year so far (6) than I have since we have had him. they have either been dead and fallen off of him or not bitten him yet, both things I believe is due to the frontline we treat him with. Now to figure out how to keep from FEELING them crawling all over me for the next several hours after finding one on him, that is the question.

Ekidokai
05-27-2012, 06:49 PM
Pets have frontline, people have Valium.

WhereRWe?
05-28-2012, 07:22 PM
I've never seen a tick in my area, but I'm quite sure they're one their way...