View Full Version : Think about it

Haffy
03-30-2006, 05:12 PM
Here is one for you:
3 men stay at a motel. The front desk charges them $30.00 for a room. They split the cost $10 each. Later the manager tells the desk man that he overcharged them, the cost should have been $25. The manager gives the bellboy $5 and tells him to give it to the men. The bellboy cheats the men and pockets $2, giving each of them only one dollar. Now each man has paid $9 to stay in the room. 3 x $9 = $27. The bellboy pocketed $2. $27 + $2 = $29 - so where is the missing dollar?

Heck I can't even hardly figure out Laughing Terry's puzzles what makes you think I can figure this one out. :eek:

brdad
03-30-2006, 05:29 PM
Heck I can't even hardly figure out Laughing Terry's puzzles what makes you think I can figure this one out. :eek:

Speaking of which, isn't it about time you figured EaglEyeStash out? I need to make a trip up there, I'll go with you if you hurry up.

Sudonim
03-30-2006, 05:51 PM
Haffy, you're still trying to crack that one? I bet if Dave takes the log book out and puts a new one in, you'd be FTF in 3 hours:D :D :D

Hiram357
03-30-2006, 05:52 PM
look at it this way... the manager gives back $5... $25 + $5 = $30 - the $2 the crooked bell boy took = $28 that $28 divided equally among the 3 men and you get about $9 and some odd change!!! So the answer haffy is.... SPACE ALIENS TOOK THE EXTRA DOLLAR!!:D:D:D

WhereRWe?
03-30-2006, 05:58 PM
So the answer haffy is.... SPACE ALIENS TOOK THE EXTRA DOLLAR!!:D:D:D

LOL!

I was going to respond to Haffy's message, but I said No - I'll wait to see what Hiram has to say. I'm glad I did! :D :D :D

Hiram357
03-30-2006, 06:04 PM
ok, so i had to think about it... it's not about the final addition, it's about adding to an amount that doesnt exist, each man already paid $10 each. The $30 was then in the managers register. the manager then gave back $5 which was evenly distributed courtesy of the bellboy. So if you want to reach the original sum you have to rearrange your problem.... but i'm not going to give it away just yet and ruin the fun for everyone else... but i'll just say that i had to count out 30 dimes on the floor to get the concept of how the problem formed!! :D:D:D

Hiram357
03-30-2006, 06:05 PM
LOL!

I was going to respond to Haffy's message, but I said No - I'll wait to see what Hiram has to say. I'm glad I did! :D :D :D

I feel so special knowing that the life decisions of other people revolve around what i'm going to say... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

WhereRWe?
03-30-2006, 07:10 PM
I feel so special knowing that the life decisions of other people revolve around what i'm going to say... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I wouldn't go so far as to say that, but I did figure that what you'd have to say would be a lot more entertaining that what I said. LOL!

Hiram357
03-30-2006, 07:17 PM
I wouldn't go so far as to say that, but I did figure that what you'd have to say would be a lot more entertaining that what I said. LOL!

well then, i feel special knowing that what i say is entertaining to others... like im some kinda clown... huh? like a funny man? is that it? am i a funny clown that makes you laugh!?!?! huh!?!?! LIKE I WAS PUT ON THIS EARTH TO MAKE YOU LAUGH????? Well if that's the case... I heard that Fort Kent is starting it's own water ski team!!! yeah! seriously! they've been looking for weeks to find a hill with a lake on it!!!!! HAHA!!! :D:D:D

dí76
03-30-2006, 07:38 PM
well then, i feel special knowing that what i say is entertaining to others... like im some kinda clown... huh? like a funny man? is that it? am i a funny clown that makes you laugh!?!?! huh!?!?! LIKE I WAS PUT ON THIS EARTH TO MAKE YOU LAUGH????? Well if that's the case... I heard that Fort Kent is starting it's own water ski team!!! yeah! seriously! they've been looking for weeks to find a hill with a lake on it!!!!! HAHA!!! :D:D:D

Speaking of clowns....

2 canibals were eating a clown, one looked at the other and asked does this taste funny?:D

Hiram357
03-30-2006, 07:52 PM
Speaking of clowns....

2 canibals were eating a clown, one looked at the other and asked does this taste funny?:D

yeah, well a skeleton walked into a bar... he ordered a beer and a mop!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

WhereRWe?
03-30-2006, 07:54 PM
yeah, well a skeleton walked into a bar... he ordered a beer and a mop!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hiram - do you have Sirius satellite radio? This joke has been broadcast CONSTANTLY on Sirius! LOL!

dí76
03-30-2006, 07:56 PM

Speaking of bars...

A jumper cable walks into a bar. The bartender says, "I'll serve you, but don't start anything."

Sudonim
03-30-2006, 07:56 PM
Two old ladies went for a tramp in the woods...but he got away!!!

dí76
03-30-2006, 07:57 PM
An invisible man marries an invisible woman. The kids were nothing to look at either

Sudonim
03-30-2006, 07:58 PM
Did you hear about the two antennas that got married? The wedding was so-so, but the reception was AWESOME

team teebow
03-30-2006, 07:58 PM
I'm o.k. thank you for asking, I'll probably only have the bruse for a week or two. You guys are killing me, I was laughing so hard I fell right out of the chair!!!!! Your just to much................

Keep going!!!

Team Teebow :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D :D

Sudonim
03-30-2006, 07:59 PM
A salesmans car breaks down. He knocks on a farmers door and asks if he can stay the night. The farmer says "OK, but you'll have to share the bed with my son" The salesman says "Oops, I think I'm in the wrong joke!"

Sudonim
03-30-2006, 08:01 PM
What's the difference between roast beef and pea soup? Most people can roast beef :D

Cache'n Jacksons
03-30-2006, 08:02 PM
The Missing Dollar Paradox (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missing_dollar_paradox)

There's a very nice solution to the "problem" at the bottom of the page. :)

Hiram357
03-30-2006, 08:06 PM
Hiram - do you have Sirius satellite radio? This joke has been broadcast CONSTANTLY on Sirius! LOL!
it'll be a cold day in hell by the time i start paying money for a radio station (either that or i just picked up their refrigeration account... :D )

Hiram357
03-30-2006, 08:08 PM
Did you hear that Fort Kent has just had a technological breakthrough!! A team of scientists(farmers) found a new use for sheep!!! seriously... WOOL!!! :D:D:D

dí76
03-30-2006, 08:09 PM
A man woke up in a hospital after a serious accident. He shouted, Doctor, doctor, I can't feel my legs!" The doctor replied, "I know you can't - I've cut off your arms!"

dí76
03-30-2006, 08:10 PM
Did you hear that Fort Kent has just had a technological breakthrough!! A team of scientists(farmers) found a new use for sheep!!! seriously... WOOL!!! :D:D:D

you heard that in chat last night:o

Hiram357
03-30-2006, 08:11 PM
The Missing Dollar Paradox (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missing_dollar_paradox)

There's a very nice solution to the "problem" at the bottom of the page. :)

nooooo delete it quick!!! it's more fun to see people rack their brains over it! :D:D:D

Hiram357
03-30-2006, 08:12 PM
you heard that in chat last night:o

noooo, im the one that said that in chat last night.... :p

dí76
03-30-2006, 08:13 PM
noooo, im the one that said that in chat last night.... :p

Same thing:p

I went to a seafood disco last week...and pulled a mussel.

Hiram357
03-30-2006, 08:15 PM
A man woke up in a hospital after a serious accident. He shouted, Doctor, doctor, I can't feel my legs!" The doctor replied, "I know you can't - I've cut off your arms!"

a man who had just had his arms sewn back on after a terrible medical error awoke to find his arms sewn up and shouted to the doctor in the room "doctor! doctor! will i be able to play the piano???" and the doctor said sure the stiches are fine, you can play immediately the man said that's wonderful!! i never could before!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

dí76
03-30-2006, 08:15 PM
A dyslexic man walks into a bra

dí76
03-30-2006, 08:16 PM
I went to buy some camouflage trousers the other day but I couldn't find any

Hiram357
03-30-2006, 08:17 PM
here's a good one... how many magellan users does it take to find a cache....

dí76
03-30-2006, 08:17 PM
As an airplane is about to crash, a female passenger jumps up frantically and announces, "If I'm going to die, I want to die feeling like a woman."
She removes all her clothing and asks, "Is there someone on this plane who is man enough to make me feel like a woman?"
A man stands up, removes his shirt and says, "Here, iron this!".

dí76
03-30-2006, 08:18 PM
here's a good one... how many magellan users does it take to find a cache....

All of them plus a garmin user:D

Hiram357
03-30-2006, 08:19 PM
a man driving his car pulled over to the curb to ask a man walking on the sidewalk... "Does this hill ever end??" the pedestrian replied... hill? there's no hill... your back tires are missing!!

dí76
03-30-2006, 08:21 PM
There was an elderly man who wanted to make his younger wife pregnant. So, he went to the doctor to have a sperm count done. The doctor told him to take a specimen cup home, fill it, and bring it back the next day. The elderly man came back the next day and the specimen cup was empty and the lid was on it. Doctor: What was the problem? Elderly man: Well, you I tried with my right hand...nothing. So, I tried with my left hand...nothing. My wife tried with her right hand...nothing. Her left hand...nothing. Her mouth...nothing. Then my wife's friend tried. Right hand, left hand, mouth....still nothing. Doctor: Wait a minute. You mean your wife's friend too?! Elderly man: Yeah, and we still couldn't get the lid off of the specimen cup.

Hiram357
03-30-2006, 08:39 PM
A recently divorced man goes out and buys a brand new sports car... wanting to see what the car can really do the man pushes the gas pedal to the floor and flies down the highway... well soon enough a state trooper pulls him over and says "it's been a long day and I want to get home in time to see my kids school play, if you can give me one good reason why you were speeding I'll let you go..." so the man replied " Well officer my wife ran off with a state trooper, and i thought you were that trooper trying to return my wife" so the cop let the guy go without a ticket.... :D:D:D

becket
03-30-2006, 08:59 PM
after the day i had, this was priceless. i laughed so hard the tears were running down my face. thank you (and i had only heard one of all those jokes before) sudonim, my friend shay-shay and i particularly liked the "two old women who went for a tramp..." joke. geez! thanks, guys

Hiram357
03-30-2006, 09:17 PM
after the day i had, this was priceless. i laughed so hard the tears were running down my face. thank you (and i had only heard one of all those jokes before) sudonim, my friend shay-shay and i particularly liked the "two old women who went for a tramp..." joke. geez! thanks, guys

well i'm glad to know my day wasn't totally wasted!! :D:D:D

Sudonim
03-30-2006, 10:23 PM
My job here is done:p

Haffy
03-30-2006, 10:25 PM
And to think when I left no one had posted anything to this thread and when I come back, holy crap!!!!!:D