View Full Version : Mt. Agamenticus Caching event

attroll
03-31-2006, 02:55 AM
http://www.geocaching.com/images/WptTypes/6.gif (http://www.geocaching.com/about/cache_types.aspx) Mt. Agamenticus Caching event (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=61543b4b-45b4-4cbb-8daa-1ed236561246)
(http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=61543b4b-45b4-4cbb-8daa-1ed236561246)by Cohosted by TAT and BeachComber [profile (http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=3873be0c-5b02-42f6-ac15-2bcede83d4c2)]

In Maine, United States [view map (http://www.geocaching.com/map/getmap.aspx?lat=43.225&lon=-70.69)]
Hidden: 4/29/2006
Use waypoint: GCV2XC (what's this? (http://www.geocaching.com/about/glossary.aspx#waypoint))

(ratings out of 5 stars. 1 is easiest, 5 is hardest)
Difficulty: http://www.geocaching.com/images/stars/stars1.gif Terrain: http://www.geocaching.com/images/stars/stars1.gif

The Mt. Agamenticus event is on again this year!

Date: Sat. April 29, 2006 Time: 12:00pm - 3:00pm

Place: The summit of Mt. Agamenticus in Maine

Who: Young and old, Newbie and veterans alike (media is also welcome)

Why: To put some faces with those screen names and to get to meet some new people

What to bring: Yourself, family, friends and a lunch.

**RAIN or SHINE**
The 2006 Mt Agamenticus Cache event will also feature a one day only cache and poker run. There will also be a few other activities still in development.

FuddsGirls
03-31-2006, 07:35 AM
Can someone please explain a Poker run for us newbies:confused:

The G Team
03-31-2006, 11:31 AM
A poker run, as it relates to Geocaching is when there are (generally) five caches hidden, each of which contains playing cards. The participants find each cache, and remove one card. At the end of the day, all the participants compare their poker hands, with the best hand(s) winning a prize of some sort.

tat
03-31-2006, 02:11 PM
A poker run, as it relates to Geocaching is when there are (generally) five caches hidden, each of which contains playing cards. The participants find each cache, and remove one card. At the end of the day, all the participants compare their poker hands, with the best hand(s) winning a prize of some sort.

That's exactly correct! Thanks.

Hiram357
03-31-2006, 11:27 PM
what's to keep someone from going through the decks and picking out the cards they want??

Beach Comber
04-01-2006, 12:00 AM
Each card will be in a sealed envelope - you won't know what it is that you are taking.

attroll
04-01-2006, 12:59 AM
To add what Beach Comber said. The sealed envelopes can not be open until everyone is back to the event.

tat
04-01-2006, 07:33 AM
Thanks to Attroll for putting this on the front page! We hope to have some more details on the activies releaed sson.

firefighterjake
04-01-2006, 08:59 AM
what's to keep someone from going through the decks and picking out the cards they want??

I was thinking the same thing . . . when we've done ATV poker runs we've never had to worry about this since we had marked decks and everyone's card was written down as they drew (obviously this would not be possible to do with a cache poker run.)

Hiram357
04-01-2006, 10:00 AM
i wonder if it would be possible to do a cache/pub crawl.... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

tat
04-04-2006, 09:52 PM
Important Announcement

This is the first of three important announcements regarding the upcoming Mt. Agamenticus Event, GCV2XC. Please check back at 19:00 hours on 10 April 2006 for the next important update!

Who wrote that?
This year’s event will include an activity specifically designed to help us all get to know each other. At every event, cachers gather and swap stories about their travels. Our activity will allow you to pick one of your stories to tell. Now don’t worry, this is not an essay contest. In fact, no writing is required! We are asking each participant (even those who cannot attend the event) to think back on their geocaching experiences. Find a log that you have posted at a cache which best defines you or one that you would like to share. Submit your log to BeachComber via email or pm. She will post the logs anonymously on the event page. Your mission will be to match the log with the cacher who wrote it.

Here is an example log:

“I've been by here and but didn't notice the sign. Perhaps it's because the Whites are so beautiful from that ridge. Anyway, I really enjoyed the hike up. The snowmobiles have made the trail as hard as a rock. No need for snowshoes. The cache is in great shape, and I liked the hiding spot. The coordinates are right on.

It's about time I took the time to hike up the mountain that's named after me!

Took the geocoin, but the slipper did not fit me or my foot. Besides, I'd hate to see my carriage turn into a pumpkin.

Thanks for the cache.”

If you guessed the cacher is TAT, you’re right! (The cache was Mt. Tom).

Important:
We can’t go into the details now, but we will need 25 quotes. Everyone will want very much to figure out at least 5 of them. The game will be much more fun if all 25 are solved. So, don’t make your log too hard. If you notice that people are having a hard time figuring it out, you may need to suggest a hint. Please use this discussion thread and the one at gc.com and do your best to help everyone get 5 matches.

There are prizes. Matching the logs to the cacher is important, but trust me, there will be no advantage to making it too hard for people to match you to your log.

Keep in mind: This is a family game. This is a kid friendly game.

That’s it for now, more next week!

brdad
04-05-2006, 05:47 AM
Please use this discussion thread and the one at gc.com and do your best to help everyone get 5 matches.

I don't get it. Are we solving the quotes online before the event? If we're using this thread to help everyone get 5 matches it seems it would be.

tat
04-05-2006, 07:42 AM
Yes, we will solve the quotes before the event. This is only one part of the activitiy.

brdad
04-05-2006, 04:09 PM
Ok, another question. I understand we should not make it too hard, but too easy? if the log mentions a signature item, should we/could we edit it to say [signature item]? It's kind of obvious if a log says, " Nice cache. left a photo marble." I guess the question could also concern the mention of a caching partner...

Oh, the hardships of being a famous cacher ;-)

WhereRWe?
04-05-2006, 04:32 PM

Sheesh! Next thing you'll be running around complaining about the papparazzi!

:D :D :D

Smitty & Co.
04-05-2006, 04:53 PM

There's a famous cacher amoung us......where?? :confused: Maybe you should mark yourself as a waypoint so we can find you. :D

Cache Maine
04-05-2006, 07:20 PM
PM sent...when does the guessing start?

tat
04-05-2006, 09:46 PM
Ok, another question. I understand we should not make it too hard, but too easy? if the log mentions a signature item, should we/could we edit it to say [signature item]? It's kind of obvious if a log says, " Nice cache. left a photo marble." I guess the question could also concern the mention of a caching partner...

That is entirely up to you. The game will not suffer it is too easy. The important thing is: When we're all together rembering caches we've enjoyed and good times we've had, will this quote be among them. My qote probably should have been from Drum and Bass Arena!

tat
04-05-2006, 09:48 PM
PM sent...when does the guessing start?

As soon as we can get them posted. Please be patient as I've been called out of town unexpectedly. I'm in Toledo, Iowa right now!

Beach Comber
04-06-2006, 10:06 PM
I'll be posting quotes on the event page over the weekend :D Stay tuned............

tat
04-08-2006, 08:06 AM
The first few quotes are now posted in the logs section of the event page. If you haven't sent your's, don't wait! Only 21 more to go!

Beach Comber
04-08-2006, 10:05 AM
Just added more quotes - have fun!!

tat
04-10-2006, 08:06 PM
With 1/3 of the quotes in, I hope you are not finding it too difficult to match the logs to the cachers. If you haven't submitted a log, please don't wait!

The Battleship Game rules are now posted.

Stay tuned for more information on the poker run and the prizes!

Hiram357
04-10-2006, 09:17 PM
There's a famous cacher amoung us......where?? :confused: Maybe you should mark yourself as a waypoint so we can find you. :D

Mark it with a garmin though so we can find you if you were standing alone in a desolate mowed down hay field. just tryin to make it easy on the magellan users... :D:D:D

Beach Comber
04-14-2006, 08:13 PM
We have received some great logs to use in the activity and are still looking for more. As a reminder/review, here is the initial request..........

"This is the first of three important announcements regarding the upcoming Mt. Agamenticus Event, GCV2XC. Please check back at 19:00 hours on 10 April 2006 for the next important update!

Who wrote that?
This year’s event will include an activity specifically designed to help us all get to know each other. At every event, cachers gather and swap stories about their travels. Our activity will allow you to pick one of your stories to tell. Now don’t worry, this is not an essay contest. In fact, no writing is required! We are asking each participant (even those who cannot attend the event) to think back on their geocaching experiences. Find a log that you have posted at a cache which best defines you or one that you would like to share. Submit your log to BeachComber via email or pm. She will post the logs anonymously on the event page. Your mission will be to match the log with the cacher who wrote it.

Here is an example log:

“I've been by here and but didn't notice the sign. Perhaps it's because the Whites are so beautiful from that ridge. Anyway, I really enjoyed the hike up. The snowmobiles have made the trail as hard as a rock. No need for snowshoes. The cache is in great shape, and I liked the hiding spot. The coordinates are right on.

It's about time I took the time to hike up the mountain that's named after me!

Took the geocoin, but the slipper did not fit me or my foot. Besides, I'd hate to see my carriage turn into a pumpkin.

Thanks for the cache.”

If you guessed the cacher is TAT, you’re right! (The cache was Mt. Tom).

Important:
We can’t go into the details now, but we will need 25 quotes. Everyone will want very much to figure out at least 5 of them. The game will be much more fun if all 25 are solved. So, don’t make your log too hard. If you notice that people are having a hard time figuring it out, you may need to suggest a hint. Please use this discussion thread and the one at gc.com and do your best to help everyone get 5 matches.

There are prizes. Matching the logs to the cacher is important, but trust me, there will be no advantage to making it too hard for people to match you to your log.

Keep in mind: This is a family game. This is a kid friendly game."

Beach Comber
04-15-2006, 03:38 PM
Here's the Southern Maine event everyone has been asking for - hoping to see more logs soon saying that people will be attending. :)
Will be great to see everyone and meet new people too!!
Hope you can all make it :D

attroll
04-15-2006, 11:39 PM
Tom

Is there a campground there or can we camp at the event?

Beach Comber
04-16-2006, 09:40 PM
No camping available per TAT. Perhaps there are other locations in the general area that coud work though.

tat
04-16-2006, 09:41 PM
Camping is strictly prohibited. I can put a list of commercial cg, if you want. Or, you're welcome to camp in my backyard!

Hiram357
04-16-2006, 09:49 PM
Camping is strictly prohibited. I can put a list of commercial cg, if you want. Or, you're welcome to camp in my backyard!

hmmm, no camping, can I sleep in the parking lot in my Jeep and pretend to be a troubadour with my monkey comrade pokeymoonshine who escaped from the prisons of russia to play a ukulele in my traveling one man band??

Beach Comber
04-16-2006, 09:51 PM
hmmm, no camping, can I sleep in the parking lot in my Jeep and pretend to be a troubadour with my monkey comrade pokeymoonshine who escaped from the prisons of russia to play a ukulele in my traveling one man band??

I'm guessing the park might not appreciate it, but TAT would perhaps welcome it at his house - LOL!

Are you planning on making the trip to the event?

Hiram357
04-16-2006, 09:54 PM
I'm guessing the park might not appreciate it, but TAT would perhaps welcome it at his house - LOL!

Are you planning on making the trip to the event?

I'm hoping to, I have to drop the wife off at the airport that morning, so i was thinking about packing up all my camping stuff, and do the cache event, then head over towards NH.

Hiram357
04-16-2006, 09:58 PM
scratch that... i've been corrected, she leaves 5/29 not 4/29 geeeze all the dates are too confusing... brain hurt... ugggg... need beer

Beach Comber
04-16-2006, 10:01 PM
well, now you can pack her along with the camping gear and she can come to the event too!

Hiram357
04-16-2006, 10:04 PM
well, now you can pack her along with the camping gear and she can come to the event too!
we'll have to find a nice campground around there, she doesn't do the roughin to well....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: any suggestions?

attroll
04-16-2006, 10:15 PM
That's OK. I was thinking about pitching my hammock and spending the night there. Are there hiking trails there and is there overnight parking there?

tat
04-16-2006, 10:24 PM

Yes, this is a little know loop hole!

tat
04-16-2006, 10:31 PM
That's OK. I was thinking about pitching my hammock and spending the night there. Are there hiking trails there and is there overnight parking there?

There's probably 40 to 75 miles of trails. But, most of the land is part of the water supply for Kittery and York. The land is mostly privately owned but left open for public use by the generosity of the owners. The management is a complicated system including The York Land Trust, Town of York, York Water District, Kittery Water district and who knows who else.

I don't konw of any overnight parking. The whole area is patrolled by mountain bike and ATV.

attroll
04-16-2006, 11:20 PM
Hiram357 bring your camping gear. If you have a small tent that would be better. This way we can do some stealth camping. I will bring my hammock. We will find something. We could invade TAT's back yard if we have to. Worst case scenario would we have to drive home, which is not a big deal either.

WhereRWe?
04-17-2006, 08:35 AM
we'll have to find a nice campground around there, she doesn't do the roughin to well....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: any suggestions?

Well, we have reservations at the Days Inn in Dover, New Hampshire...
(NO- you can't share the room, but they probably have other vacancies. :D )

Hiram357
04-17-2006, 05:37 PM
As soon as my Jeep gets home with the wife I'll get out the Maine Atlas and check to see if there's any campgrounds nearby... unless someone else has already looked and found one???....

Hiram357
04-17-2006, 05:41 PM
Well, we have reservations at the Days Inn in Dover, New Hampshire...
(NO- you can't share the room, but they probably have other vacancies. :D )

what about the mini fridge?? can we share the mini fridge???

Hiram357
04-17-2006, 05:43 PM
Hiram357 bring your camping gear. If you have a small tent that would be better. This way we can do some stealth camping. I will bring my hammock. We will find something. We could invade TAT's back yard if we have to. Worst case scenario would we have to drive home, which is not a big deal either.

I'll bring the cammo face paint and the claymores... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hiram357
04-17-2006, 05:44 PM
Yes, this is a little know loop hole! Yeah, clever people like me figure these things out.:D

Mainiac1957
04-17-2006, 06:01 PM
You may find April 29th a little to early for most campgrounds to be open. But that's just my experiance in the past. Most don't open much before Mother's Day weekend.

Hiram357
04-17-2006, 06:07 PM
You may find April 29th a little to early for most campgrounds to be open. But that's just my experiance in the past. Most don't open much before Mother's Day weekend.

who said they had to be open??? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

tat
04-17-2006, 09:27 PM
I just added the poker run description. I don't want to spoil the suprise, but Kittery Trading Post just donated some nice prizes, in addition to the ones we already had!!

We only need a few more quotes!

MAD-MUFFIN
04-27-2006, 05:12 PM
scratch that... i've been corrected, she leaves 5/29 not 4/29 geeeze all the dates are too confusing... brain hurt... ugggg... need beer
Don't forget the event in June. You will get beer.
By the way. If there is any body in the Farmingdale or Richmond area, I work just off exit 43 (m, w-f 8-4). I could use some beer bottles....... I need around 50, prefer non screw top but can use them. Just make sure any bottles are rinsed out first. thank you.

Sudonim
04-27-2006, 05:46 PM
Don't forget the event in June. You will get beer.
By the way. If there is any body in the Farmingdale or Richmond area, I work just off exit 43 (m, w-f 8-4). I could use some beer bottles....... I need around 50, prefer non screw top but can use them. Just make sure any bottles are rinsed out first. thank you.
When I used to make beer, I used Corona bottles. They are bar bottles, clear glass, no paper label, work good. The only thing is that if you buy a case of empties, it's hard to get the old furry lime wedges out before you clean them.:eek:

d’76
04-27-2006, 05:48 PM
When I used to make beer, I used Corona bottles. They are bar bottles, clear glass, no paper label, work good. The only thing is that if you buy a case of empties, it's hard to get the old furry lime wedges out before you clean them.:eek:

use lime juice. DUHH thats what I do so that I dont have fruit flies in the house during the summer:D

Beach Comber
04-27-2006, 07:52 PM
Well, I hate to interrupt this important and interesting conversation to talk about the event, but will just the same :eek:

There are now 25 quotes entered on the website - yippeeeeeeeee - I just finished posting them all. Have fun!!!

Feel free to contact me with questions, etc.

OK - back to you boys - happy beer chat!

Hiram357
04-27-2006, 08:44 PM
what are we supposed to do with the quotes???

Beach Comber
04-27-2006, 09:13 PM
You want to try to guess which cacher posted the log/quote. Get as many as you can - you will use the information for an activity at the event on Saturday. You will need to use the log/quote and the cacher name to figure out coordinates for hidden caches.

Hiram357
04-27-2006, 09:28 PM
You want to try to guess which cacher posted the log/quote. Get as many as you can - you will use the information for an activity at the event on Saturday. You will need to use the log/quote and the cacher name to figure out coordinates for hidden caches.

what!?!? we gotta do all that for coords??? will there be a handicap like golf?? where we can just pay $5 and get the coords?

Beach Comber
04-27-2006, 10:24 PM
welllllll - that's the fun! getting to know your fellow cachers along the way. If you can figure out some and not all you'll be in good shape!

Hiram357
04-27-2006, 10:33 PM
welllllll - that's the fun! getting to know your fellow cachers along the way. If you can figure out some and not all you'll be in good shape!

what if ya can't figure out any???

WhereRWe?
04-28-2006, 06:38 AM
what!?!? we gotta do all that for coords??? will there be a handicap like golf?? where we can just pay $5 and get the coords?

Don't worry, Hiram. You and I can hold down the fort while the others are running around. I mean - someone has to keep an accurate inventory of the beer cooler! ;) ;)

tat
04-28-2006, 07:29 AM
Stagegy Hint:

It's very important to find all of the caches. The only way to do this in the time allowed is to work as a TEAM! It would be a good idea to give some hints to anyone having a hard time matching the logs. This way, there will be a much better chance of finding all of the caches and ensuring that all of the PT boats are sunk and the location of the final cache is determined.

Give out some hints!!!!

Hiram357
04-28-2006, 01:14 PM
Don't worry, Hiram. You and I can hold down the fort while the others are running around. I mean - someone has to keep an accurate inventory of the beer cooler! ;) ;)

im not allowed to do that anymore, every time i get that job i have non-accounted for beers that always end up missing... :o

attroll
04-28-2006, 02:10 PM
I am thinking about attending the event tomorrow. Is there anyone in the Lewiston Auburn area that would like to car pool? I am off to work in a few minutes and will not get back online until after I get off work at about midnight to see if there are any replies. If there is anyone that may be interested send me a PM with you phone number and let me know if you don't mind me calling at midnight to confirm carpooling or let me know here.

I received my sample signature coins in the mail today. I think I will bring them along to see what people think.

WhereRWe?
04-28-2006, 06:04 PM
im not allowed to do that anymore, every time i get that job i have non-accounted for beers that always end up missing... :o

Well, RULOST2? will be with me. She's learned NEVER to count the beers I drink, but I bet she'd be willing to keep an eye on you. :p :p

Beach Comber
04-28-2006, 06:07 PM
As Tom said - if you are having a tough time with the quotes and need some assistance feel free ask for help - I'll gladly assist. Or you can team up with others at the event who have figured some out.

Beach Comber
04-28-2006, 06:08 PM
Or you can read the posts in the other Mt A thread - lol - here is one that Tom posted earlier........

"If you submitted a quote, that one should be easy. The others may be a bit hard especially for those of you that have not met many other cachers. Here is a list of the authors of the 25 quotes:

Cameo, Team2Hunt, Haffy, FireFighterJake, Brdad, G Team, Cache’n Jacksons, Msteelee, Mainiac1957, Hiram357, Kaching Karen, Robt, Rick of Two Reprobates, We3beans, Noreasta, YOP, Team Moxiepup, FuddsGirls, Parmachenee, Sudonim, Gob-ler, Hoamdezinahs, Mscrep, PaxEtBonum, and GeoMaine

Try googling mispelled words!"

WhereRWe?
04-28-2006, 06:17 PM
O Here is a list of the authors of the 25 quotes:

Cameo, Team2Hunt, Haffy, FireFighterJake, Brdad, G Team, Cache’n Jacksons, Msteelee, Mainiac1957, Hiram357, Kaching Karen, Robt, Rick of Two Reprobates, We3beans, Noreasta, YOP, Team Moxiepup, FuddsGirls, Parmachenee, Sudonim, Gob-ler, Hoamdezinahs, Mscrep, PaxEtBonum, and GeoMaine

Well, I figured nothing I wrote was repeatable! LOL! :o :o

Beach Comber
04-28-2006, 08:12 PM
Awwwwwwwwww - sheesh :p

Hiram357
04-28-2006, 08:14 PM
:( i dunno, it's lookin like it gunna be tough, the jeep is still in the shop 815pm, and theyrestillworking on it, and ive hit the brew already to ease the tension, if its done before 10am were going ot the event... but if not,... :( i guess well just be doin local caches :(

d’76
04-28-2006, 08:15 PM
:( i dunno, it's lookin like it gunna be tough, the jeep is still in the shop 815pm, and theyrestillworking on it, and ive hit the brew already to ease the tension, if its done before 10am were going ot the event... but if not,... :( i guess well just be doin local caches :(

What!!!!,... put the smack down and tell them to get there fingers out of there BEEEEEEEP and get crackin, you have caching to do.:D

Hiram357
04-28-2006, 08:21 PM
What!!!!,... put the smack down and tell them to get there fingers out of there BEEEEEEEP and get crackin, you have caching to do.:D

hey i already brought a sixer over for em cuz i felt bad that they were workin late... only time will tell... :(

tat
04-28-2006, 08:36 PM
hey i already brought a sixer over for em cuz i felt bad that they were workin late... only time will tell... :(

Hope yiou get to make it down here. The weather is going to be perfect!!

firefighterjake
04-28-2006, 09:40 PM

Ha . . . I owned a Jeep once (a Wrangler) . . . never again. Better get used to it being in the shop Hiram. I loved that Jeep . . . and hated it at the same time. It was fun to drive in the summer when it was hot out, but at night you would nearly succomb to hypothermia. It was a blast to drive in the woods, but it was always breaking down. In all honesty it spent a lot of time in the shop and I really wasn't that hard on it. I finally sold it and got a Toyota 4Runner . . . more room and very dependable.

firefighterjake
04-28-2006, 09:44 PM
Ha . . . I owned a Jeep once (a Wrangler) . . . never again. Better get used to it being in the shop Hiram. I loved that Jeep . . . and hated it at the same time. It was fun to drive in the summer when it was hot out, but at night you would nearly succomb to hypothermia. It was a blast to drive in the woods, but it was always breaking down. In all honesty it spent a lot of time in the shop and I really wasn't that hard on it. I finally sold it and got a Toyota 4Runner . . . more room and very dependable.

This said . . . I sincerely hope they get your Jeep up and running so you can make the event.

attroll
04-28-2006, 09:57 PM
Well. I got out of work early tonight and it looks like I have no takers to ride with me to the event tomorrow. Come on, I promise I will shower when I get up before I leave.

firefighterjake
04-28-2006, 10:12 PM
Well. I got out of work early tonight and it looks like I have no takers to ride with me to the event tomorrow. Come on, I promise I will shower when I get up before I leave.

There you go Hiram . . . all you have to do is thumb your way down to Rick's place and you'll be all set. :D Yes, we all do have our crosses to bear . . . I use a Magellan instead of a Garmin and you have a Jeep instead of a . . . well, instead of anything more reliable. ;)

Hiram357
04-29-2006, 08:51 AM

it has actually been a very dependable (and durable) vehicle for me, it's in the shop for voluntary modifications... heh, i'll post some pics when it's done, but i love my jeep, it's great, and i'll probably never buy anything other than a jeep (except a car for the wife maybe):D:D:D

Hiram357
04-29-2006, 08:52 AM
There you go Hiram . . . all you have to do is thumb your way down to Rick's place and you'll be all set. :D Yes, we all do have our crosses to bear . . . I use a Magellan instead of a Garmin and you have a Jeep instead of a . . . well, instead of anything more reliable. ;)

all i have to say to that is... :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

WhereRWe?
04-29-2006, 06:57 PM
We missed you today, Hiram! :confused: :confused:

tat
04-29-2006, 08:03 PM
We found your cache, sure wish you and your wife could have made it.

Hiram357
04-29-2006, 09:42 PM
We missed you today, Hiram! :confused: :confused:

:(:(:(
i'm sorry, i didn't get my jeep back until 2:00

:D:D:D
but it looks wicked cool

:(:(:(
but i really wanted to go to the event

:D:D:D
but it looks wicked cool

there will be more events im sure... but there's only one Jeep... :D

Hiram357
04-29-2006, 09:44 PM
We found your cache, sure wish you and your wife could have made it.

you found my cache? which one?

Beach Comber
04-29-2006, 09:49 PM
It was the one with the beer tap coming out of the top. Too bad you didn't get any! WhereRWe was keeping an eye on it for you :p

Team2hunt
04-30-2006, 09:21 AM
A huge thanks go out to Beachcomber and Tat for a truley wonderful event. It was so nice to see everyone, espicially the kids. The Team had a really nice time and told stories all the way home. Have lots of pictures, new friendships, and a few more stories to tell. :) :D :)

( the poking fun part )

Tat the final poker run cache, that was a really bad idea. I liked it and it was tricky, but I hate to get beat by KK. :rolleyes:
I won't be telling THAT story.

Haffy
04-30-2006, 10:21 AM
Hey it was just a LITTLE frisking, you jealous?..........;)

attroll
04-30-2006, 12:23 PM
What a great time and a great day to have an event hosted by two great people.

I had a great time meeting new people an putting faces to names. Then to top it off doing the caches as a group after the event is over is the best part of the whole day. I will defiantly try and make this one next year when Beach Comber and TAT host it again.

I hope our event in June is as successful as this one.

Thank for such as great time Beach Comber and TAT you guys did a great job.

tat
04-30-2006, 12:59 PM
Tat the final poker run cache, that was a really bad idea. I liked it and it was tricky, but I hate to get beat by KK. :rolleyes:
I won't be telling THAT story.

I liked that part! Still, I won't reuse a hiding technique. I have all year to learn of some new and clever way to stump y'all.

Thanks to everyone for comming. A special thanks to BeachComber for all her great ideas (they really made the game special!) and for all the help posting and organizing logs, making magnets, getting prizes, making the kids cache and all the other things you did!! :)

Thanks to PaxEtBonum for timing the three new caches for the event!

This was by far the most fun Mt. Agamenticus Event yet. I already have some ideas for next year!

tat
04-30-2006, 01:02 PM
you found my cache? which one?

Your cache was under the main picnic table, where elese would a keg go?! :)

Team2hunt
04-30-2006, 02:21 PM
Hey it was just a LITTLE frisking, you jealous?..........;)

After 46 years, it hasn't happened yet. ;)

Beach Comber
04-30-2006, 04:09 PM
I agree - what a fantastic time! Not so much because TAT and I pulled it together, but because of everyone who came!! Glad everyone had a good time - it would have been hard not to with all the sunshine and cheery faces. It was great to have so many kids around - though I clearly have to hone my kids cache hiding skills!! Next time perhaps we can have more kids activities - we didn't expect very many at all so it was a treat to see them all there.

Thanks to everyone for sharing their time! And thanks to TAT for letting me co-host and participate in that aspect. I learned al lot and have some ideas for next time : )

Happy caching - enjoy the sunshine!

WhereRWe?
04-30-2006, 05:03 PM
It was great to have so many kids around - though I clearly have to hone my kids cache hiding skills!! Next time perhaps we can have more kids activities - we didn't expect very many at all so it was a treat to see them all there.

Yeah - the number of kids surprised me too - far more than we've ever had at an event before. And ther certainly seem to know how to use a GPSr! LOL!

:D :D :D

FuddsGirls
04-30-2006, 07:09 PM
We had a nice time, thanks to all of you who put the event together, and to the friend who talked me in to attending events. My kids enjoyed themselves, especially my little one who placed in the poker run. And that kids cache, I tried to help my girls and there were kids who found it before we even got near the area.:o Guess my kids have a lot to learn to they can teach me.. Thanks again an hopefully all four of us we be at the June event, at least 3 of us will.:D

Hiram357
04-30-2006, 10:14 PM
Your cache was under the main picnic table, where elese would a keg go?! :)

are you serious!?!?!?!?! THERE WAS A KEG!?!?!!?!?!? :eek::eek::eek:

tat
05-01-2006, 06:25 AM
are you serious!?!?!?!?! THERE WAS A KEG!?!?!!?!?!? :eek::eek::eek:

We were counting on YOU to bring the keg! :)

Just kidding, no alcohol is allowed in the park.

parmachenee
05-01-2006, 11:16 AM
What everyone said!!:) We enjoyed the weather, friends, and the caching. Thanks TAT and Beachcomber. Great job!!:D