View Full Version : Blazing Trolls coin

attroll
03-31-2006, 03:12 AM
We have our coin all done and now we are waiting for our first real sample to get done and sent to us for approval before we place our order. I thought I would share the front with everyone.

WhereRWe?
03-31-2006, 07:20 AM
We have our coin all done and now we are waiting for our first real sample to get done and sent to us for approval before we place our order. I thought I would share the front with everyone.

Cool! The likeness of Tink is GREAT, but who's the guy she's with?

attroll
03-31-2006, 12:28 PM
Cool! The likeness of Tink is GREAT, but who's the guy she's with?
I don't know but I will have to find out. :)

Sudonim
03-31-2006, 02:42 PM
Rick, will you have any coins for sale? (Maybe at the pig roast, hint...hint :) )

attroll
03-31-2006, 02:58 PM
Rick, will you have any coins for sale? (Maybe at the pig roast, hint...hint :) )
Yes I will be putting them up for sale as soon as I get my sample sent to me and approve it for production. I am concerned how the back is going to turn out. That is why I am holding off until I get the sample. It is going to be 3D but I did not want it to turn out like the back of our Maine coin and wanted a little more detail. So we are doing something different.

attroll
04-16-2006, 03:31 PM
wbdent Just an update on our coins. We have the artwork all done and are having samples sent to us to decide on what style coin we want to go with. The samples will include 1 of each antique bronze, antique copper, antique gold, polished gold, polished copper, polished nickel, satin gold, and satin nickel. We should receive these within two weeks. I will post pictures of the one that we decide on and start taking orders then.

Mainiac1957
04-16-2006, 03:52 PM
I'd like the #57 coin if they a numbered, and there are that many ordered.:D

attroll
04-16-2006, 06:08 PM
I'd like the #57 coin if they a numbered, and there are that many ordered.:D
We are planning on having them tracked through geocaching.com and assigning them there own icon. So GC will be assigning the number. So I am sorry to say there will be no number #57.

Team2hunt
04-16-2006, 07:43 PM
Count me in!! They gotta be good for something. LOL :rolleyes:

Hiram357
04-16-2006, 09:01 PM
Just an update on our coins. We have the artwork all done and are having samples sent to us to decide on what style coin we want to go with. The samples will include 1 of each antique bronze, antique copper, antique gold, polished gold, polished copper, polished nickel, satin gold, and satin nickel. We should receive these within two weeks. I will post pictures of the one that we decide on and start taking orders then.

Will it cost extra for autographed coins????

attroll
04-16-2006, 10:24 PM
Will it cost extra for autographed coins????
Well for you I might charge.

http://www.geocachingmaine.org/signatures/signature.jpg

Hiker Twins
04-17-2006, 08:44 AM
Hi Rick:
Count me in to buy a couple coins!

attroll
05-08-2006, 01:31 AM
I just put our coins up for sale tonight on the web. You can purchase them here:
http://cointracking.com/view_series.php?sid=243

Trezurs*-R-*Fun
05-08-2006, 08:37 AM
I just put our coins up for sale tonight on the web. You can purchase them here:
http://cointracking.com/view_series.php?sid=243

Can I purchase one or two of these coins WITHOUT creating an account with these people. I get enough junk email without them soliciting me for my personal information. I would have bought them but I can't without creating an account....:confused:

attroll
05-08-2006, 11:46 AM
Can I purchase one or two of these coins WITHOUT creating an account with these people. I get enough junk email without them soliciting me for my personal information. I would have bought them but I can't without creating an account....:confused:

I will work on something in the next day or two for those that do not wish to create and account on www.cointracking.com (http://www.cointracking.com) in order to buy one on.

attroll
05-13-2006, 10:59 PM
I have created a page to order out coins now. I have not tested it out and spent the money but I have gone as far as just prior to typing in my password in paypal and it all seems to be working. So if we have any guinea pigs it is all set to place your order now.

Blazing Troll Coins (http://www.geocachingmaine.org/index.php?page=bt)

I would post this on the front page but I don't want to get any special treatment so I will just leave it here.

tat
05-14-2006, 06:46 AM
Do I get an FTB? (First to buy)

Beach Comber
05-14-2006, 07:48 AM
Cool! Mine is ordered - can't wait to get it!

attroll
05-28-2006, 08:12 PM
I am sorry for those that can not order our coin it seems that people with credit cards can not order our coin. So those that would like our coin and are having trouble ordering it please let me know.

The G Team
05-28-2006, 08:38 PM
I am sorry for those that can not order our coin it seems that people with credit cards can not order our coin. So those that would like our coin and are having trouble ordering it please let me know.

Rick, my payment got kicked back again (as we knew it might)--can I just give you cash at the BBQ?

attroll
05-28-2006, 08:42 PM
Rick, my payment got kicked back again (as we knew it might)--can I just give you cash at the BBQ?
Sounds good to me.

Beach Comber
05-28-2006, 09:43 PM

Rick - I know we already made a plan, but just wanted to say that I used paypal and it got kicked back. Ultimately, I guess that is a creidt card, but just thought I'd shared the details. Can't wait for the pig roast!!

Trezurs*-R-*Fun
05-29-2006, 08:07 AM
Hi Rick,

My payment came back as "unaccepted". I guess the money is still in limbo:(

The G Team
05-29-2006, 09:16 AM
Hi Rick,

My payment came back as "unaccepted". I guess the money is still in limbo:(

Steve, you just need to login to your Paypal account and cancel the payment--it will never go through. Unless you have a business account (which is a hassle and expense), Paypal will not let you accept payments from accounts funded with a credit card (because there is no way from them to charge you the percentage). You will need to make other payment arrangements.

Trezurs*-R-*Fun
05-29-2006, 09:52 AM
Steve, you just need to login to your Paypal account and cancel the payment--it will never go through. Unless you have a business account (which is a hassle and expense), Paypal will not let you accept payments from accounts funded with a credit card (because there is no way from them to charge you the percentage). You will need to make other payment arrangements.

I will cancel the payment, although the funding was from a balance in the account, not a credit card. Thanks for the help!!!

The G Team
05-29-2006, 09:57 AM
I will cancel the payment, although the funding was from a balance in the account, not a credit card. Thanks for the help!!!

Hmmm--that is odd, I was under the impression a "personal" account could accept payment from PP balance--it might have to be upgraded to a "Premiere" account, which links to a bank account, but is still a hassle, though less so than setting up a "Business" account.

In any event, a payment should never stay "unclaimed" unless there is a problem. If things are set up properly, the payments go through to the recipient's account automatically.

Trezurs*-R-*Fun
05-29-2006, 10:03 AM
Hmmm--that is odd, I was under the impression a "personal" account could accept payment from PP balance--it might have to be upgraded to a "Premiere" account, which links to a bank account, but is still a hassle, though less so than setting up a "Business" account.

In any event, a payment should never stay "unclaimed" unless there is a problem. If things are set up properly, the payments go through to the recipient's account automatically.

I have a business account,, I'm not really sure what happened accept the money was "unclaimed". I will make other arrangements to get one of Ricks great coins. Thanks for the help and the mysteries like these are what make life so great!!;) ;) Thanks again!! Happy Caching!!

Hey Rick,
I still want to order a coin of yours though and will try again through Paypal!!

The G Team
05-29-2006, 10:31 AM
Steve, the problem in not your account, it is that Rick does not (yet) have a business account, just a personal account. I tried paying twice and it went "unclaimed" so have made arrangements to just pay cash at the BBQ.

attroll
05-29-2006, 12:51 PM
Steve, the problem in not your account, it is that Rick does not (yet) have a business account, just a personal account. I tried paying twice and it went "unclaimed" so have made arrangements to just pay cash at the BBQ.
I can not create a business account because it requires you to have a credit card. I have one but it is already being used on my WhiteBlaze paypal account and you can not use the same card for two accounts. I am not going to get a credit card just for this geocoin.

Sudonim
05-29-2006, 07:55 PM
Rick, I had the same problem with your coin ordering. I don't think its because you have a personal PP account either because that's what I set up last year for the Maine coin. I didn't want to give PP a credit card number so I got a personal account and AFAIK never had a payment bounce.

FuddsGirls
05-29-2006, 08:11 PM
Hey Rick, I ordered mine weeks ago and it went through fine although I can't remember if it was a straight visa or a debit visa that I used. I set up an account and then just didn't activate it when I got the e-mail. I think I'm the only Mainer listed as paid. Do I get number 1 or 2?:rolleyes:

attroll
06-29-2006, 12:15 AM
We placed the order for our coins today. We were not able to get a icon for the coins because you have to have a minimum of 500 coins to get an icon and we only ordered 250 coins.

We have all the tracking numbers and activation codes now but the coins will not be here for about 2 to 3 weeks.

lexmano
11-18-2008, 08:56 PM
Rick, I had the pleasure of retrieving one of your coins from P59 a Hipointer & Capiti cache in North Conway, NH. This is one beautifully designed coin!! Thanks for making these available to the community.

I was taken by the Appalachian Trail theme and pleasantly surprised when I flipped it over and saw it was yours. Very nice. Glad to have seen it.

Ed

attroll
11-19-2008, 03:55 AM
Rick, I had the pleasure of retrieving one of your coins from P59 a Hipointer & Capiti cache in North Conway, NH. This is one beautifully designed coin!! Thanks for making these available to the community.

I was taken by the Appalachian Trail theme and pleasantly surprised when I flipped it over and saw it was yours. Very nice. Glad to have seen it.

Ed
Thank you very much. My intent was to do one for every state on the Appalachian Trail but the price right now has kept me from doing this.

EvilHomer
11-25-2008, 12:38 PM
You should have two trolls on fire on the back.....EHHEH EHHE FIRE FIRE! EHEHEHEHH! FIRE!

Ekidokai
11-26-2008, 03:11 PM
Oh, oh. I should have read all the way to the end first.

I just ordered two coins.

Are you still sending them out?

We placed the order for our coins today. We were not able to get a icon for the coins because you have to have a minimum of 500 coins to get an icon and we only ordered 250 coins.

We have all the tracking numbers and activation codes now but the coins will not be here for about 2 to 3 weeks.

Haffy
11-26-2008, 06:45 PM
Yep make sure you check the date of the posts. Sometimes people will open up a post that is a couple of years old.....:eek::D

attroll
11-27-2008, 02:23 AM
Oh, oh. I should have read all the way to the end first.

I just ordered two coins.

Are you still sending them out?
I saw the order just a minute ago. I hope you can hold off until after the weekend because my desktop computer crashed and I am waiting for a new power supply for it. It should be in tomorrow. I have not been able to organize my email properly because I am using a IMAP system. Once I get my desktop computer back on line I will sort though all the emails and get them out to you. If you in dire want of them right now send me a PM and I will get them right out to you.

Ekidokai
11-27-2008, 08:06 PM
Hell no, I'm not in a hurry. I'm just glad you are still selling them. I thought by now they would be long gone.

I saw the order just a minute ago. I hope you can hold off until after the weekend because my desktop computer crashed and I am waiting for a new power supply for it. It should be in tomorrow. I have not been able to organize my email properly because I am using a IMAP system. Once I get my desktop computer back on line I will sort though all the emails and get them out to you. If you in dire want of them right now send me a PM and I will get them right out to you.

attroll
11-27-2008, 09:19 PM
No, there not all gone. It was not a money making venture for us when we did it. It was something we did for fun and we have mostly been placing them in a few caches and handing them out once and a while for door prizes at event.