View Full Version : Another chat night

Team2hunt
04-02-2006, 06:55 PM
I would like to start another, ( not new ) chat for newbies, and anyone else who wishes to join us. The chat would be Monday night at 8:00 pm. The chat would be about Geocaching, and ONLY geocaching. I enjoy our Wednesday night chat, but we very rarely talk about the subject matter of our website. This chat would help anyone new to our sport, answer those big questions to help you when on the hunt. I encourage everyone interested in chatting about geocaching to join me, newbies and seasoned veterans alike.

tat
04-02-2006, 07:27 PM
Great idea! I'll try to get there.

Haffy
04-02-2006, 07:31 PM
Great idea Gary. I know on occasion I have asked geocaching questions on Wed night without much luck.......:D I love to help out newbies whenever I can and am always inviting new people to this site all the time.

Team2hunt
04-02-2006, 07:37 PM
You guys are the best. Now we have our experts. I hope this open invitation encourages more people to join us.

d’76
04-02-2006, 07:45 PM
Can I talk about my thong on Mondays if I was wearing it when i was caching?:D

jeepingirl2
04-02-2006, 07:48 PM
I'm a newbie, so I'll try to be here. I'll put an appointment in my pocket pc, so I do not forget. I've got some homework to do, but I'll gladly give it up for this:rolleyes:

Team2hunt
04-03-2006, 05:50 PM
Can I talk about my thong on Mondays if I was wearing it when i was caching?:D

Sorry Dave, keep those stories for Wed night. The topics we might cover would include: different makes of GPSr's, how to use mine, where to get swag for caching, how to place a cache, GREAT places to cache, software I might need to cache, paperless caching, mapping software, and other geocaching ideas. Hope to see you there, Dave.

d’76
04-03-2006, 06:08 PM
Sorry Dave, keep those stories for Wed night. The topics we might cover would include: different makes of GPSr's, how to use mine, where to get swag for caching, how to place a cache, GREAT places to cache, software I might need to cache, paperless caching, mapping software, and other geocaching ideas. Hope to see you there, Dave.

I'll be there with bells on... sorry I couldnt resist. I'll be there tonight and I will play nice.

Great idea Gary

Sudonim
04-03-2006, 06:13 PM

...and Dave, your thong does NOT count as swag :p

d’76
04-03-2006, 06:15 PM
...and Dave, your thong does NOT count as swag :p

While I am sure that I could get a great price on Ebay thats just wrong and Gross:D

steverph
04-03-2006, 07:04 PM
This is a great idea. Last Wed's chat was definately not about caching!! As I recall it was about how many guys named Dave were on a certain DVD found near the Messalonskee cache...or something like that.:D

FuddsGirls
04-03-2006, 07:06 PM
I'm fairl new and have lots of questions. I have planned the 2 up comming events but get frustrated now, especially when I read your experienced logs and don't understand them. A stick to the topic night would be great. I'll be a fly on the wall if possible for the beer and underware stories on Wed. You are an Elite group it seems.

Trezurs*-R-*Fun
04-03-2006, 07:13 PM
I'm fairl new and have lots of questions. I have planned the 2 up comming events but get frustrated now, especially when I read your experienced logs and don't understand them. A stick to the topic night would be great. I'll be a fly on the wall if possible for the beer and underware stories on Wed. You are an Elite group it seems.

Oh no!!! Who's an Elite group??? Everyone is welcome Wednesday night. I hope you really don't think Wednesday night is for a select/elitist group. If you asked a geocaching question they would for sure have answered it to the best they knew how....

Haffy
04-03-2006, 07:20 PM
Sheesh!!! Hope we don't get started on this elitist thing again.:eek: Yeah it will be a pleasant change from the usual banter of our Wednesday evening get togethers. We might even learn something for a change....:D

FuddsGirls
04-03-2006, 07:21 PM
I really didn't mean that to sound like everyone isn't welcome, I know that isn't true. Its just hard for new people to understand some of the humor or to feel comfortable asking a question when people are in joking moods. I have had a great experience with geocaching and this websight and that's why we are planning the Mt Agamenacuc and Pig Roast events.:D

Team2hunt
04-03-2006, 09:10 PM
Thanks to all who participated and we'll definitely make this a weekly event. Keep the questions coming and we'll supply the answers. Thanks to all the newcomers and those who havent been on the chat for awhile. And to all the experienced cachers who helped supply the answers. I learned a few thing tonight too. See yah next Monday night at 8PM.

firefighterjake
04-03-2006, 09:12 PM
Just wanted to say that I was on line for the first time at the chat room and it was wicked fun. Someone has got to remind me to do this on Wednesday and Mondays from here on in.

Sudonim
04-03-2006, 09:16 PM
Just wanted to say that I was on line for the first time at the chat room and it was wicked fun. Someone has got to remind me to do this on Wednesday and Mondays from here on in.

Hey Jake, remember to attend chat on Mondays and Wednesdays.

There, that was easy.:D :D :D

Haffy
04-03-2006, 09:30 PM
looks like it was a resounding success and hope it will continue as it was great to have so many new faces show up.

firefighterjake
04-03-2006, 09:34 PM
Hey Jake, remember to attend chat on Mondays and Wednesdays.

There, that was easy.:D :D :D

Thanks wise guy. :) How about a reminder sometime on Wednesday before I leave work? That would be more helpful.

SewN2Cachin'
04-05-2006, 04:04 AM
Remember to get onto chat tonight......LOL......You DID say you wanted a reminder on Wed. AM, or am I wrong? {sorry attempt at being a smart-aleck} Wish I could be there, but I'll be snoozin' before work at midnight, Wed-Thurs.....:(

brdad
04-05-2006, 05:39 AM
I still wish Rick could find a way to go back to the IRC chat format we used to use. It was a lot more convinient for those of us using IRC clients or Trillian. I was usually logged in if I was home, and people popped in at all different times. The current chat program is slow on my computer and drags the rest of my system down a little so I only use it on official days.

firefighterjake
04-05-2006, 08:11 AM
Remember to get onto chat tonight......LOL......You DID say you wanted a reminder on Wed. AM, or am I wrong? {sorry attempt at being a smart-aleck} Wish I could be there, but I'll be snoozin' before work at midnight, Wed-Thurs.....:(

Thank you . . . and I actually remembered it all by myself. Even wrote myself a note to remember to log on tonight since it was so much fun on Monday . . . even though my wife was wondering why I was typing like a man hopped up on way too much Moxie.

pjpreb
04-08-2006, 08:38 PM
I'm with brdad and preferred the irc chat. I'd enjoy the Monday chats too. See you there :)