View Full Version : RE: Good example of an off-set cache needed

firefighterjake
04-04-2006, 12:39 PM
I'm working on a powerpoint presentation for tonight and wanted to show a good example of an off-set puzzle cache where you find the coords at one location . . . anyone have any good suggestions . . . especially one that someone may have taken a photo at?

Haffy
04-04-2006, 12:55 PM
Not really sure if you would call it an offset cache or multi cache,they are both close to the same. In my cache I send you to coordinates where you will find a container with coordinates to the next stage. Is that what you mean? Anyway here is my Yankee Woodlot Nature Trail cache and there is a couple of photos to go along with it. I worked closely with the cooperative extension agency there and they have been extremely helpful and when you go during the week when they are open you can go inside for a trail map but it is not needed to find the cache.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=a5f5b47d-4636-4236-9012-139da005928a

firefighterjake
04-04-2006, 02:07 PM
I think I'll just skip over off-set caches and talk about multi-caches . . . no sense getting them confused and like you said, they're pretty similar. Thanks again Haffy for helping me out. The presentation looks pretty decent . . . of course I am a bit biased.

Mainiac1957
04-04-2006, 02:27 PM
That would be an offset cache. You go to different locations to gather information in order to get coordinates for the actual cache location.

brdad
04-04-2006, 03:38 PM
That would be an offset cache. You go to different locations to gather information in order to get coordinates for the actual cache location.

Ya, as I remmeber it had me offset about a mile from where the cache was. :D Another consequence of trying to be FTF...

we3beans
04-05-2006, 12:40 PM
That's ok Brdad...I sent Maniac into the Penobscot River to get Bucksport...who knew? and into the ocean for parking coords for Flat Rock Ridge.
:o

Sabby
04-05-2006, 02:23 PM
I think that an offset cache is one where you go to the posted coordinates and find information there for a new point which you get to by projecting a waypoint at a given bearing and distance.

Just a thought