View Full Version : Mapsource BETA download

FuddsGirls
04-09-2006, 06:51 AM
I have a Garmin GPS map7CS. It is a brand new replacement to one that kept shutting down. The last one worked great as far as navigation but this one is not. Has anyone else tried the 4.06 Beta . That is the only thing I did differently and I am still waiting for a reply from Garmin. Its been a week now.

team teebow
04-09-2006, 07:07 AM
Fuddgirls,

I have the Beta software on both the 60CS and the 60CSx and have had no problems.

Team Teebow 1

tat
04-09-2006, 07:31 AM
I have a Garmin GPS map7CS. It is a brand new replacement to one that kept shutting down. The last one worked great as far as navigation but this one is not. Has anyone else tried the 4.06 Beta . That is the only thing I did differently and I am still waiting for a reply from Garmin. Its been a week now.
What is it doing/not doing?

FuddsGirls
04-09-2006, 08:03 AM
It must be the unit. It just won't settle down and a lot of the time the location arrow shows me facing or walking in the complete opposite direction. I thought it was power lines, the BNAS, trees, but it was even worse in Connecticut this past weekend in the open with 5 satelites.

LaughingTerry
04-09-2006, 08:21 AM
My 60csX does the same thing until I recalibrate the electronic compass. Then it settles down and works fine. I have started recalibrating it every time I get out of the car. It's easy enough, just do the hokey pokey. LOL Twice around and it's calibrated.

Haffy
04-09-2006, 09:36 AM
Not to go off topic but Clyde has just released a new Beta for the "X" series of Garmins as well for GSAK if anyone is interested. Here is the link to that thread in his support forum:

http://www.gsak.net/board/index.php?showtopic=1739&st=0&#entry10386

Smitty & Co.
04-09-2006, 11:10 AM
My 60csX does the same thing until I recalibrate the electronic compass. Then it settles down and works fine. I have started recalibrating it every time I get out of the car. It's easy enough, just do the hokey pokey. LOL Twice around and it's calibrated.

I too had to do this with my Garmin RINO 130, I do it as a matter of habit now and it settles right down .

Also......my theory about the Hokey Pokey might be right. :D

FuddsGirls
04-09-2006, 12:34 PM
Thanks Laughing Terry. I'll try it. Hope I don't look too foolish "Put your whole self in....":D

team teebow
04-09-2006, 12:57 PM
We already know your silly!!!! Quote from another post;

"Its gotten so that every morning I put the computer on when he leaves for work at 5 to see where the new caches are "

Team Teebow