View Full Version : Wide screen Monitor

d’76
04-15-2006, 12:32 PM
I recently purchased a widescreen 19 inche monitoe I like it ok but I am having trouble figuring out where the feature that shuts the streach off. For example when I look at the pics that I take with my camera they are all distorted. Any suggestions:confused:

team teebow
04-15-2006, 12:48 PM
I'd say it's broken why don't you let me have it and go get another one?

d’76
04-15-2006, 12:58 PM
I'd say it's broken why don't you let me have it and go get another one?

HEHEHE

Right now that dont sound so bad

brdad
04-15-2006, 03:03 PM
At my age, I am having trouble shutting the stretch off, too.

In most normal applications, at would be called "aspect" or "aspect ratio" or at least in a menu section that included it.

Haffy
04-15-2006, 04:17 PM
When in doubt read the manual that came with it.......:)

GeoMaine
04-15-2006, 04:57 PM
About your monitor? You should simply set it in it's native resolution, whichever that may be. 1440 X 900 would be my guess...

In Windows XP you should find it as a listed and available display option. If you don't, now you need to turn to your graphics card and see if there is an updated driver for it for XP. If not, then it's time for a new card; nothing major, any new one off the shelf should be able to display widescreen. You should easily be able to pick one up for under a hundred dollars.

Once the computer is correctly displaying the widesreen resolution, no longer will you have any issues with pictures (including those on websites) or having your computer try to match a standard format (1280x1024) to a monitor that doesn't even know what that resolution is.

Good luck!

d’76
04-15-2006, 05:45 PM
About your monitor? You should simply set it in it's native resolution, whichever that may be. 1440 X 900 would be my guess...

In Windows XP you should find it as a listed and available display option. If you don't, now you need to turn to your graphics card and see if there is an updated driver for it for XP. If not, then it's time for a new card; nothing major, any new one off the shelf should be able to display widescreen. You should easily be able to pick one up for under a hundred dollars.

Once the computer is correctly displaying the widesreen resolution, no longer will you have any issues with pictures (including those on websites) or having your computer try to match a standard format (1280x1024) to a monitor that doesn't even know what that resolution is.

Good luck!

Thanks abunch.

That worked great. I used the 1440x900 and It worked like a charm. THats what I love about this web site. There is such a variety of help here. Have a great holiday everyone thanks so much:)

team teebow
04-15-2006, 06:34 PM
I guess after reading GeoMaine's post the monitor will not be ending up at my door anytime soon...... Darn!:D:D

Hiram357
04-15-2006, 09:15 PM
At my age, I am having trouble shutting the stretch off, too.

In most normal applications, at would be called "aspect" or "aspect ratio" or at least in a menu section that included it.

dont you mean at your age turning the stretch on????? :p:p:p

Beach Comber
04-15-2006, 11:35 PM
dont you mean at your age turning the stretch on????? :p:p:p

uh oh - them's fightin' words :eek: