View Full Version : Northern Maine Event -- vote on dates

J_Cyr
04-17-2006, 02:29 PM
It's time for a vote on dates when it works best for people who are planning on attending the overnight camping event in August for Northern Maine. I am not looking for actual numbers of who will be attending for sure, but a likely guess that you will be planning or making the attempt to come… (carpool!)
I have decided it is going to be at the same place last year, the back side of the mountian at Aroostook State Park in Presque Isle, ME for those of you who went, I heard some comments that why people liked this area and that why people didn't. It is in an area that is remote; we're away from others, so we don’t have to worry about being loud or other inconveniences. It was also cheap to stay at and we were in the woods; being a practical campground for us geocachers…am I wrong? There is no indoor plumping, electrical means or an Internet hookup, but there is live entertainment and we will have a good time!

As soon as we can decide on what date fits better for most then I will book it. Remember the later in the summer, the fewer annoying insects.
If there is anything else, being advice, questions or maybe some sarcastic remarks… please feel free to reply, or email me.

Please vote on:

August 12 & 13
August 19 & 20
August 26 & 27

You can just reply to this message and I will be taking a count later this week.
Thanks! Look forward to seeing you this fall.

tat
04-17-2006, 04:03 PM
Please, Please, 19 & 20!! I'm going to Montana in 12th and 13th

Hiker Twins
04-17-2006, 05:40 PM
Please, please the 12 &13, I have to work the 19th and 20th!

Beach Comber
04-17-2006, 09:22 PM
Either works for me - how about starting a poll thread - might be an easy way to keep track of preferences.

attroll
04-18-2006, 01:10 AM
Personally I would like to see it held in the same place as last year. We had the whole field to ourselves and no one around that we had to worry about bothering. We could have a midnight cache again and stay up late and play games like we did last year. We could not do that in any other campground with neighbors. There was water and a outhouse. What more do you need to have fun?

I say lets stick to the same place and the people that can not deal with a tent can spend there $100 on a hotel room again. Hopefully they will stay out late enough to have fun and not miss out on all of it like they did last year. We sure had a ball. I just wish more people had stay out later with us.

J_Cyr
04-18-2006, 01:23 AM
Please make a mental note on the edited first main post. Before a new reply or message, please read the post again. Thanks.

Beach Comber
04-18-2006, 07:09 AM
Just an FYI - the American Folk Festival in Bangor is the weekend of the 26 and 27.

attroll
04-18-2006, 01:45 PM
Just an FYI - the American Folk Festival in Bangor is the weekend of the 26 and 27.
If I have a choice between the Folk Festival and this event. I would take the event. But that is me. I had a lot more fun at this event then I did at the Folk Festival. I think everyone that stuck around for the eventing activities at the event would agree.

The G Team
04-18-2006, 03:48 PM
If I have a choice between the Folk Festival and this event. I would take the event. But that is me. I had a lot more fun at this event then I did at the Folk Festival. I think everyone that stuck around for the eventing activities at the event would agree.

As a "stickee" last year, I must agree--it was a great time--looking forward to doing it again. :D

Team2hunt
04-18-2006, 09:36 PM
Would be the best for me. I'm on vacation the next week and can use it to recover. I can also bring my navigator that weekend too. Missed last year's event. Won't make the same mistake this year.

Beach Comber
04-18-2006, 10:50 PM

awwwwww

My hope is that I get to do both this year :eek: I can't speak to the event since I didn't go, but I can certainly say I heard lots of great stories about it. On the other hand, I did get to go to the Folk Festival and enjoyed it tremendously!

SewN2Cachin'
04-19-2006, 02:11 AM
Hey-- I re-read your message, had read it quickly and realized all the info I was ASKING for was there...... Sheesh.

=)

firefighterjake
04-19-2006, 11:36 AM
Not to get sidetracked too much here, but I sincerely hope they bring back Karan Kasey to the Folk Festival . . . one of my all-time favorite Irish folk singers. I also like Old Blind Dogs for some good Scottish folk music.

J_Cyr
05-15-2006, 11:32 AM
I just went to Trafton this morning. I am going to plan on the 23rd of September for the event. I am going to finalize it this weekend and book it unless someone has a major concern about this date and they wanted to come up here, reply or email me/pm.