View Full Version : Worldwide Geocachers Rankings

Rpapaman
04-19-2006, 05:50 AM
I am curious how I might add my username (or get it posted) to the worldwide rankings for cachers having 200 or more finds! I reached that goal last weekend, and, since being updated on the cacherstats.com yesterday, my name does not appear. Does this take some time?? Thank you if anyone can answer this question. Rpapaman of Calais, Maine

WhereRWe?
04-19-2006, 06:58 AM
I am curious how I might add my username (or get it posted) to the worldwide rankings for cachers having 200 or more finds! I reached that goal last weekend, and, since being updated on the cacherstats.com yesterday, my name does not appear. Does this take some time?? Thank you if anyone can answer this question. Rpapaman of Calais, Maine

Seems like the stats are updated from geocaching.com every couple of days.

For example, go to this site to see the top 100 cachers in Maine (same database as the site you cited). We grabbed 1 cache yesterday, but hasn't been updated yet. Once your name does show up, you can click on "Current Stats" to see what your true total is.

firefighterjake
04-19-2006, 11:17 AM
Congrats by the way Rpapaman.

brdad
04-19-2006, 03:03 PM
The ranking are updated in a weird way. They watch a select few caches that get hit often and read the numbers from there. So, sometimes it take sa few days for it to update, until someone else finds one of those select caches which you have allready found. And, congrats!