View Full Version : help! GPS only holding 45 waypoints

Starzz
04-20-2006, 07:59 PM
any idea why? :confused::eek::confused::eek: i have a garmin etrex vista c

Sue

firefighterjake
04-20-2006, 09:32 PM
Wait a minute you didn't get the Canadian version of the Garmin Etrex Vista C did you? ;)

OK, sorry. Had to throw that one out there. I'm afraid I don't know the answer to your question . . . otherwise I would have offered a more meaningful and helpful answer.

Hiram357
04-20-2006, 09:42 PM
Wait a minute you didn't get the Canadian version of the Garmin Etrex Vista C did you? ;)

OK, sorry. Had to throw that one out there. I'm afraid I don't know the answer to your question . . . otherwise I would have offered a more meaningful and helpful answer.

No J, if it was a Canadian version of a Garmin, it would be called a Magellan....:D:D:D

Hiram357
04-20-2006, 09:43 PM
and on a more serious note.... do you read the manual?? perhaps there is a section about storing waypoints??

tat
04-20-2006, 09:46 PM
you may have more waypoints in there than you realize. Try pressing Find, then Waypoints, then press menu, then Delete, then Alll Symbols. This should delete all of your waypoints and allow you to reload.

firefighterjake
04-20-2006, 09:46 PM
No J, if it was a Canadian version of a Garmin, it would be called a Magellan....:D:D:D

You know I was going to try to beat you guys to the punch by making a Magellan joke, but I didn't want to deprive you of the great joy you derive from picking on me and my poor Magellan. ;) :D

Hiram357
04-20-2006, 09:51 PM
You know I was going to try to beat you guys to the punch by making a Magellan joke, but I didn't want to deprive you of the great joy you derive from picking on me and my poor Magellan. ;) :D

there you go again... always thinking of others first... :D

becket
04-20-2006, 09:56 PM

well, there you go, ffjake; i always thought he was picking on me and my poor magellan.

firefighterjake
04-20-2006, 09:59 PM
well, there you go, ffjake; i always thought he was picking on me and my poor magellan.

I'm afraid we're in this together Becket.

Magellan users: The Few, The Proud, The ________ (here's where Hiram can inject some more humor.) :D

kayakerinme
04-20-2006, 10:05 PM

Sue

Those may be just the nearest points. When you find waypoints or geocaches, you can find by name or find nearest. My suggestion: try the find option again then hit the menu key. See if Find By Name is at the top and if it is, choose that. You'll see an alphabetic list of all the waypoints.

Starzz
04-20-2006, 10:11 PM

YES, I have the Canadian version, and its waaaay better than the USA one! haha ;)

Starzz
04-20-2006, 10:14 PM
Those may be just the nearest points. When you find waypoints or geocaches, you can find by name or find nearest. My suggestion: try the find option again then hit the menu key. See if Find By Name is at the top and if it is, choose that. You'll see an alphabetic list of all the waypoints.

I did what tat said to do first, and deleted all the waypoints. Then I loaded the waypoints again, but still got only 50!

Then I did what bhansenme said to do and there is a big list!!! :D

Thanks! :)

Sue

kayakerinme
04-20-2006, 10:42 PM
I did what tat said to do first, and deleted all the waypoints. Then I loaded the waypoints again, but still got only 50!

Then I did what bhansenme said to do and there is a big list!!! :D

Thanks! :)

Sue

:p :p :p :p :p :p

(I'd have put 10 smiles on but with the exchange rate, I only did 6!)

tat
04-21-2006, 06:04 AM
Great! :) My old GPSIII+ actually listed the total number of waypoints used, sure wish the new models did!

WhereRWe?
04-21-2006, 07:39 AM

Sue

(Disregard...)