View Full Version : New Story......

lwa11
04-23-2006, 09:58 AM
Hello everyone....

I am playing around with a new story..... it is a fictional piece with many true places in it and even some true caches!!! So beware as there may be spoilers involved for some actual caches!!

I have used some of your avatars and login names. I hope you do not mind but if you do please let me know and I will adjust.

Story name is Caching for Life!!! Let meknow if interested and I will come back to either place the story thus far here or give a link to it.

LWA11

Mainiac1957
04-23-2006, 10:01 AM
Please, carry on...

WhereRWe?
04-23-2006, 10:06 AM
Go for it! :D

lwa11
04-23-2006, 11:01 AM
Here is the link.......

http://home.maine.rr.com/absolutebaseball/

Hiram357
04-23-2006, 10:31 PM
so am i a good guy or a bad guy???? can i be the inconspicuous third party that nobody suspects until its too late??? and how but a secret moutain top lair... on kathadin... with death rays and kung fu fighting ninja midgets... that'd be cool :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hiram357
04-23-2006, 11:08 PM
and how about this for a twist... the truth is, i am your father... fathers cousins, best friends nephews unlces golfing buddy... back when he used to live in arizona... DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNN..... :D:D:D

lwa11
04-24-2006, 12:00 AM
If I knew how it would turn out I wouldn't tell ya... twist and turn till the end.:D

firefighterjake
04-24-2006, 08:49 AM
so am i a good guy or a bad guy???? can i be the inconspicuous third party that nobody suspects until its too late??? and how but a secret moutain top lair... on kathadin... with death rays and kung fu fighting ninja midgets... that'd be cool :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Well I did incorporate you into a recent cache . . . along with Becket. :D Of course if you are offended by this then I'll deny that the character is based on you and say that it just happens to be another Hiram and Becket that I know. :D

Hiram357
04-24-2006, 04:58 PM
Well I did incorporate you into a recent cache . . . along with Becket. :D Of course if you are offended by this then I'll deny that the character is based on you and say that it just happens to be another Hiram and Becket that I know. :D

really???? what cache is it? is it out yet??? cmon ya gotta tell me!!! i wanna know!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

firefighterjake
04-24-2006, 08:45 PM
really???? what cache is it? is it out yet??? cmon ya gotta tell me!!! i wanna know!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Multi in a Mile . . . and a Half

Hiram357
04-24-2006, 08:50 PM
Multi in a Mile . . . and a Half

a mile and a half walk!! you expect me to walk a mile and a half!?!?!?!

firefighterjake
04-24-2006, 08:58 PM
a mile and a half walk!! you expect me to walk a mile and a half!?!?!?!

It's all level ground though.

Hiram357
04-24-2006, 09:05 PM
it wasnt 1967!!!! it was 1968!!!! wait... no it was 1967... but it was june...

RubiconJW
04-25-2006, 03:44 PM
lwa11: Great story.. just got caught up.. looking fwd to next installment!!

RJW

Hiram357
04-25-2006, 04:45 PM
lwa11: Great story.. just got caught up.. looking fwd to next installment!!

RJW

i wonder if it will be the one where Hiram meets his long lost twin cousin (hey it's possible with cloning) that is trying to take over the world with his mind controlled army of tree sloths!!!!:D:D:D

Sudonim
04-25-2006, 04:54 PM
i wonder if it will be the one where Hiram meets his long lost twin cousin (hey it's possible with cloning) that is trying to take over the world with his mind controlled army of tree sloths!!!!:D:D:D
Hiram's been breeding the sloths for years. He just can't get the mind control part to work. (Don't tell him it's because of the tin foil on his head!!!)

Hiram357
04-25-2006, 05:03 PM
Hiram's been breeding the sloths for years. He just can't get the mind control part to work. (Don't tell him it's because of the tin foil on his head!!!)

actually we worked out the glitches of the mind control (we forgot to plug the darn thing in)... we actually started the initial attack back in 1998, but due the nature of the sloths movements... they're.... uhhh **looks out the window** almost to the end of the driveway.... perhaps we should've used groundhogs or somethin... :D:D:D

lwa11
04-25-2006, 07:06 PM
Frank cleaned up Tracie and did as instructed in the letter and then left making sure nobody saw him sneak out of there and keeping his head towards the ground to avoid any possible contact with the cameras. He climbed back into his Explorer and felt sad inside for the loss of Tracie’s life which was again his fault. He wanted it over but certainly not in this fashion. How did HE know that though? He was beginning to feel like maybe this guy just knew too much about him. He started the Explorer and headed home. As he pulled into the driveway he stopped so he could go check the mailbox. In it he found an envelope and a small parcel. On the outside of the envelope there was some writing, “Frank, head straight from here to these co-ordinates(N 43° 37.478 W 070° 12.712)!! When you are there look for the shipwreck rock. When there turn around and inside what is right behind you will shed light on the next adventure!! Be careful!! No need to go inside your house now Frank, it is time to move!!” Frank sighed as he just wanted to go in and take a quick break to collect himself. He held the parcel and decided to open it there to see what was in it. It was Anna’s jewelry that she had on earlier that day. He twisted hearts necklace, her sapphire stone ring, and her weddings rings. There was no note and Frank guessed this was just a reminder of the fact that this man had his wife. He would somehow get her back!! He programmed the co-ordinates into his gpsr and set out after the next clue. The gpsr was leading him back towards Tracie’s condo but as he neared it the gpsr veered off in another direction. He was headed up along the coastal roads of South Portland and going towards Cape Elizabeth. He tried to think of the shipwreck rock but was drawing a blank. Then the gpsr led him to the locked gates of Fort Williams Park in Cape Elizabeth. He needed to get in but could not leave his Explorer here so he parked it down the road near a little post office and then hustled into the pitch black park. He was headed for the co-ordinates but they were not leading him towards the shore. The lighthouse beacon caught his eye and his mind awoke with the memory of writing on the rocks near the lighthouse. He headed towards the lighthouse as quickly as he could; his heart seemed to pound hard with every step. He reached the lighthouse and tried to remember which side the writing was on and then he caught it in the light of the beacon. The Annie C. Maguire crashed here on Christmas Eve in 1886!! This was the rock for sure!! He felt excitement as if he had just found a million dollars!! Frank turned and behind him was the tower of Portland Head Light. Was he supposed to go in there? If so how? Wouldn’t it set off some alarms or something? It didn’t matter as he knew he had to do it, somehow. He walked around looking for some possible way to climb the outside of the tower but there was none he could see. He walked to the door and looked at it. The little window had a sentry alarm sticker on it. His heart sank as he knew he would only have a little time after he broke in to find the clue and then get the hell out before some cop showed up. So Frank took his jacket and wrapped his hand in it and then punched through the glass on the door. Then withdrew his hand and sliced jacket from the hole he just created. He reached back in and unlocked the door. He hurried inside and even though he did not hear and alarm he had to assume that one was activated and someone would be there soon. He ran up the stairs of the lighthouse tower and open the small door above his head to enter the top of the tower. The beacon was very bright and made it hard for Frank to see but he was able to see the envelope on the floor just out of his reach. He adjusted till he could reach it and then quickly departed the tower. He wanted to read the clue now but was so afraid of getting caught despite the fact only the sound of waves crashing filled the air. He loved the smell of the sea but now was no time to savoir it. He kept moving and finally heard a siren in the distance. He went the long way towards the outer parts of the park. He heard footsteps as the officers passed on the other side of the hill and then he turned to see a flashlight just behind him. “Hold it right there!!! Do not take another step!!!” came from the darkness behind the light.

lwa11
04-25-2006, 07:07 PM
I think Hiram needs the mile and a 1/2 walk to be down hill both ways. You know opposite of the old snow storms in his younger days.... they uphill both ways!!!!

Hiram357
04-25-2006, 07:15 PM
you broke the window of a historical landmark for a geocache!! holy crap man... that's hardcore....:cool:

lwa11
04-25-2006, 08:27 PM
Yeah, you know the things you will do to try and save a life!!! lol

Hiram357
04-25-2006, 09:17 PM
Yeah, you know the things you will do to try and save a life!!! lol

ohhhh, sorry i got the whole life/geocache confused... it happens... :D

lwa11
04-25-2006, 10:01 PM
Frank froze in place and his muscles tightened with fear from the words he had just heard. He lurched forward and smashed the light to the ground!!! And he continued through to the body of the man behind the light. The two of them went crashing hard to the ground with a thud. Frank grabbed and punched at anything that was moving underneath him. He had control of the situation and searched for the man’s flashlight. He found it and put the light on his face, laying still with his face covered the man did not move but Frank knew it was not a cop and it was not a security guard that lay trapped beneath him. There was no fluid reaction from the man to defend himself from the attack which came as a surprise. A trained officer would have been ready or at least reacted to defend and not just to protect himself in the fashion of a turtle as this man had done. Frank swatted the hands from the mans’ face. He knew this face, he knew this man. It was Mike, aka Hiram357!!!! “What are you doing here!?!?” Frank asked. Hiram looked up but could not seem to speak or find the words. He appeared to still be in shock at the events that just happened so quickly. Frank glared at him as he continued to hold Hiram on the ground. “I was doing the same thing you were Frank!! Mission Impossible 2!!! The geocache!! Feels more like a mission at night!!” Hiram357 sputtered. Frank now was the one caught off guard as he did not expect that answer from Hiram, he didn’t know what he expected but a cache at night in the park was not it. The cops at the lighthouse were now beginning to fan out on the grounds of the park. Frank got off of Hiram and said they had to get out of there. Frank knew now that Hiram357 could bring him down by telling the cops he was here in the park. So he told Hiram they needed to get out of there and he would bring him to his car later. That they could continue the Mission after the officers left. It was the only thing Frank could think of at the moment. Hiram’s eyes lit up with the news. He knew Frank and he were just meant to be caching partners. Now he had the chance to prove his worth to Frank as he told him of a short cut out of the park. They hurried out of the park. Hiram did know a shorter and safer way out. They made it to Frank’s Explorer and he offered Hiram a ride as he had been nice enough to help him get out of the park. Plus he still needed to keep him quiet so the cops did not get hold of his name and start asking questions as now was not the time. He asked Hiram if he wanted to go to the donut shop down the road a few miles in the Millcreek area of South Portland. He agreed and off they went leaving Hiram’s vehicle behind. On the ride there Frank tried to figure out what exactly to do with Hiram357. Did he just go back and do “Mission Impossible” with him? Did he hurt him and get him out of the way? Did he tell him and try to get him to understand why he had to keep quiet? Frank was sorting all this out as they drove in silence away from the lighthouse. Mike looked at Frank and then began to speak, “LWA11, Frank, I know you were not there doing the cache hunt. Atleast not “Mission Impossible 2”, so why were the cops after you? You can trust me, I promise.” Frank started to press on the brakes of the Explorer as he turned towards Mike. “What are you talking about? I was their doing the same thing you were Hiram!!” Frank said. “No Frank you were not as I saw someone walking through the park and decided to follow them. It was you, I saw you break the window to get into the lighthouse. So don’t play games with me. I may not be strong but I am not weak of the mind LWA11!!” Mike was speaking with more confidence now than before. Frank pulled the Explorer off the road. “Mike look here is the deal. My wife has been taken. I am trying to get her back.” Mike looked at him stunned and shocked. He started to say something and then held back. Frank wanted to ask him what as he could see there was something Mike was keeping from him but right now it did not matter. “Mike, I need to get her back. The guy who took her has me doing cache hunts to get clues to that lead to her like a multi-cache. If I don’t do them exactly then he says he will kill her. Can you please promise to keep this quiet? Atleast till I find here? Please Hiram!!” Frank asked with a shaking voice. Mike didn’t say anything but just looked at Frank. Then Mike told Frank that he needed to help him and that should work together. He needed to help him get Anna back. He was good at these things, caches. He could be useful. Frank shook his head no but Mike persisted as he knew he needed to gain Frank’s trust. He wanted to be part of this as this would be the greatest cache hunt in history. He had to have apiece of it and it would be greater than nay first to find he had ever found. Frank looked at him and asked why he wanted to help and what he would be getting out of it. Mike debated on letting Frank in on a little secret that he had thus far kept from him. How would Frank react? He was just about ready to speak when Frank spoke first, “Hiram fine lets do this but you have to stay hidden and out of sight. Does that work for you?” “Yes, Frank it does. Now let’s go get our girl” Mike said. Frank looked at him but decided it was probably just Hiram being excited. He pulled out the envelope and opened it. Hiram smiled and he knew Frank had no idea why he was really smiling.

Hiram357
04-25-2006, 10:26 PM
ohhhh cmon now! weak but strong minded! geeeeze i get no respect... and 1) i wouldnt have gotten plowed over that easy 2) a donut shop??? cmon man, if where in portland why not j's oyster bar? or sarahs, or grittys!! geeeze... 3) i wouldnt leave my jeep behind! especially in south portland at night (those cape elizibeth kids are always kickin around lookin for trouble) cmon man, the realism is fading away here... unlesss.... ah ha!! thats it! that's not the real Hiram! that's the evil clone hiram!! the real hiram is down in his jamacian battle fortress surrounded by piles of cash and beautiful that bring him Guinness whenever he wants!! yeah... that's it... this story rocks!! :D:D:D

lwa11
04-25-2006, 11:11 PM
What can I say Hiram....? I am a new at writing and caching!! lol

Soon to be a newbie at hiding a cache too. Might as well start with a micro or maybe a pico!!!

But where will dear Hiram in the story end up....what is he hiding? Oh time will tell...... I love the power of that.... I decide.... good or bad or mysterious. lol

Hiram357
04-25-2006, 11:17 PM
What can I say Hiram....? I am a new at writing and caching!! lol

Soon to be a newbie at hiding a cache too. Might as well start with a micro or maybe a pico!!!

But where will dear Hiram in the story end up....what is he hiding? Oh time will tell...... I love the power of that.... I decide.... good or bad or mysterious. lol

well it better be good, because if not i have an army of a million tree sloths at my disposal (as mentioned in a previous thread) ok would you believe a thousand tree sloths? would you beleive a hundred? how bout i throw chewd bubble gum at you???

i've got some clever micro ideas if ya need em... they're top secret though... http://www.hiramstopsecretmicrocachessodontclickonthis.co m

:D:D:D

lwa11
04-28-2006, 10:35 PM
Part 17 is on the web site now.

lwa11
04-29-2006, 11:42 PM
Part 18
The Explorer pulled into the small parking lot at the head of the trail and Frank knew Hiram was a blessing as he would have still been looking for this with no time to be doing so. The sun was starting to rise and he needed to get out on that trail. They exited Explorer and Frank followed Hiram towards the trail and then down a steep set of wood and earthen stairs that seemed to take them down forever. Once they reached the bottom they turned on a flashlight and Hiram pointed out how close they were to the river. They would need to be careful as a wrong turn could lead to a very wet step!! They moved slowly down the trail as the sounds of the birds slowly started to increase with the rising of the sun. Ahead on the trail they saw something hanging in a tree. Frank took the lead now shoving past Hiram to get there and walked fast without the flashlight towards the tree. He could tell as he got close that it was a pair of jeans and they had something written on them, down each pant leg. He was right under them now but could not easily reach them. He looked around on the ground and found a stick; he hooked the pants and pulled them down. Hiram stood near but did not say anything as his heart began to race as he also read what was one the pants and knew who they belonged too. Frank grabbed the pants, held them up, and began to read. Down one leg it said “Why me?” and down the other “FRANK!!!” in capital letters. He looked closer and it was written in what appeared to be blood. He turned towards Hiram and showed him the pair of pants. They exchanged looks but not words and then Frank turned back towards the trail, slowly walking forward. He did not know what to make of the pants but knew he had to go forward. Did Anna think he was involved in this or did she even write that? Was it her blood? He was worried and just wanted to get on with it. They stumbled along in silence as the birds became louder and the World began to wake up. Hiram grabbed Frank’s shoulder and spun him around violently. Frank jumped and almost swung but saw Hiram was not even looking at him but looking up above them. Frank slowly looked up fearing what he would see next. It was Anna’s shirt and it was in tatters. Frank searched for another stick while Hiram just stared at the shirt as if it still had Anna within it. Frank grabbed a stick and swung at the shirt but could not get it. He decided to just leave it and move on but as he started to move down the path Hiram spoke softly to him, “Frank we can’t leave this here, uhm, you shouldn’t leave this here. Someone will wonder what it is and if there is blood or something on it then they will call the police. I am sure you do not want that. “Frank shook his head in agreement and looked for a longer stick. He was finally able to get the shirt down after about five minutes of effort. He picked it up and didn’t take the time to look at it but just moved on. Not more than 100 yards form the shirt was another object and this one was at eye level so it would not be missed!!! It was a bra, a Victoria Secret lace bra, the kind Anna loved and Frank just about fell to his knees as he was horrified at the thought of her nude somewhere and maybe even being hurt. He needed to find her, he had to find her, he was beginning to lose his focus, and just wanted to get to her. He snatched the bra and moved on a few steps before pausing. He turned towards Hiram who looked as white as a ghost and was wobbling. He fell to his knees and began to sob. Frank did not understand but did not have time for this kind of behavior. He told Hiram to get up and stop crying!! “Let’s go find this damn clue and go get Anna!!!” Those were the words Hiram was looking for apparently as he made his way back to his feet and urged Frank onward. Hiram knew he was gaining more and more of Frank’s trust and he needed every bit of it he could get. He wasn’t even sure it would be enough in the end. Frank was moving quickly now as you could see better with the sun becoming brighter. He noticed an object in the trees just off of the trail and moved towards it, closer and closer with each step. As he neared it his heart pounded and his anger rose as he recognized this piece of clothing as Anna’s panties, a silk thong also from Victoria’s Secrets. They were up in a tree that would have to be climbed in order to retrieve them. Frank did not stop and went to the lowest branch and tried to get up the tree. He tried to push with his legs to get more leverage but his knee gave out and he fell to the ground landing with a solid thud. Hiram checked on Frank and then walked to the tree and started to climb. He knew the way up this tree or so it seemed to Frank as Hiram was to the panties in seconds without much effort. Hiram tossed the panties down to Frank. And then pulled out an object, Frank could not see what it was as Hiram was still mostly turned away from him. He could tell it was dark and small but not much else. Hiram smiled as he slowly turned towards Frank who was still on the ground rubbing his knee with the panties a few feet away.

lwa11
05-01-2006, 06:56 PM
Frank stared at Hiram as he turned and then smiled when he saw the ammo container. He knew it held another clue and would get him closer to saving Anna. He struggled to his feet and stood under the tree as Hiram opened the container. He waited below anxiously and then Hiram dropped the envelope down to him. As Hiram replaced the cache container and began to climb back down Frank opened the letter and read it.

“Frank, do you have some new clothing to wear now? Hurry up my friend as Anna’s looks quite cold but mmmmm quite delicious too!!! So now it is time my friend for this to near its end. So Frank are you up to the task as you have been so many other times in your life or will you fail to someone you thought of as a lesser man? Time will soon tell!! So to get to this place you need to go back in time my friend. This is where we used to hang out and play sports in the day. Oh what a time it was Frank. Then you got to be the big man on campus and I didn’t matter anymore. DO you remember the place you lost your virginity Frank? You trusted me with that and that is where you may lose Anna!! We wait for you in this place…..will you get here in time? Who wins this game? My long lost friend!!! You will never forget me again as long as you live Frank. We are waiting. Hurry she is cold.”

Frank’s hands were trembling and he stood up without saying a word to the approaching Hiram. He turned, dropped the letter, and then began to run towards the Explorer at the end of the trail. His knee hurt and his heart pounded but he ignored it and kept going. Hiram grabbed the letter and ran after Frank calling to him to slow down but knew that was not going to happen. Frank fell ahead of Hiram as he tripped over a stump on the side of the trail. Hiram slowed as he saw Frank fall and tumble but surprisingly spring back to his feet as if it were a planned maneuver. Hiram noted the quickness and determination with which Frank was running. The light made it much easier to get out then it was to get in and the added adrenaline certainly helped Frank. They reached the Explorer and Frank was climbing in and started it up. Hiram reached the door an opened it and started to get in. Frank turned to him, “Hiram, thanks but you need to stay behind on this as I do not know what is going to happen next. I appreciate your help and we can hook up to do some real caching soon.” Hiram settled into the seat and closed the door ignoring Frank’s words. He turned to Frank and shrugged his shoulders as he said “I am in this LWA11, let us finish this together. Let’s go save her shall we!!”
Frank decided arguing would only waste time. He started the Explorer and drove towards town as his mind raced over what he had read in the letter. He knew where he used to play those games and ofcourse he knew where he lost his virginity but he could not figure out who HE was and he wanted to know. He knew he needed to go back to his old neighborhood in the West End of Portland to the house he grew up in on the small side street off of Danforth Street. He knew exactly where to get but still tried to figure out what to expect. He only minutes away and he just did not know what to try and prepare for when he arrived. They neared the street and Frank parked at the top of it to not give away his arrival. He could see the house which was now even more dilapidated then when he lived in it, in fact it appeared to be boarded up from what he could tell. Frank had always been kind of embarrassed by the apartment building as a child. He never had friends come over or stay over as they would see too much for comfort. It dawned on him then that whoever this was that had Anna had to be someone from the neighborhood and the only one he trusted here was Eric. It couldn’t be him though as he just would never be able to do something like this and he hadn’t seen him in so many years. Why would Eric be so upset? Sure they drifted apart but that stuff happens. Frank decided to focus on how to get inside and soon enough he hoped he would have Anna safe and then they could worry about who had done this to them. Frank told Hiram that he thought it best that they go around back and sneak through the back yard to get in the house without being seen. Hiram agreed and they walked down Danforth Street the short distance to State Street and then headed down an alley towards the back of the apartment house on Tyng Street. The hole in the fence was still the same as it had been when Frank was a kid but just seemed a little smaller to him as he squeezed through it. As they neared the house Frank whispered to Hiram,”you really do not need to come in here. I can take it form here and you can go call the police.” Hiram shook his head in disapproval and motioned with his hand for them to go forward and then put his finger to his mouth to let Frank know he thought they should be quiet. In reality though Hiram just wanted to get inside before someone saw them outside sneaking around the apartment building and wondered what they were up too. It was a small neighborhood and likely had a bunch of nosey people. There would be enough attention soon enough but now was too soon. Frank neared the back door and had a feeling that he was being watched but did not see anyone in the windows as he scanned them and just decided that he was feeling paranoid. He reached the back door and found it to be slightly ajar and the boards that blocked the other entrances were laying on the ground by this one. He felt uneasy as he slowly opened the door with Hiram a step behind.

Eric watched from one of his many little cameras throughout the apartments. He knew this place very well from his childhood but now that he owned it he was sure he knew things even Frank would not know about it. The building was cheap since it was going to be torn down but he could not let those memories just go like that. He had to have a say in how they were destroyed and would not just let them be taken away, he would not let them be shattered like he had been so many years ago. And when he saw Frank at the store and Frank did not recognize him the pain resurfaced and an idea for the apartment building came to him. He thought maybe they could fix it up together but he didn’t even recognize him. He would pay for that now!! Mike coming to the store and looking at GPS units and complaining about a newbie using the name LWA11 helped form the plan currently unfolding. Mike, aka Hiram357, knew Anna from growing up just like he knew Frank. Anna and he had dated but she left for the bigger city and he stayed behind in the small town. He liked the life but could never get her out of his head. She was the love of his life. So when he saw the newest geocacher and looked closer at the name, he knew who it was and wanted to get closer. So they could be together forever, just like they had said back in high school. It could be true now. Eric and Mike talked for hours before the plan was hatched but here it was and they were about to finish it off. The web cams broadcast from each room gave him an edge on Frank!! He saw Frank slowly entering the rear of the building and smiled as he saw Hiram only a step behind. Thus far everything was going as planned. He swore he could hear Frank’s heart beating above him.

lwa11
05-02-2006, 12:08 AM
Frank took the first few steps cautiously as he looked around the hallway. He wasn’t sure where to look but then decided he would try the bedroom up stairs where he had lost his virginity. Slowly he walked up the stairs with Hiram only a few stairs below. His heart was beating fast and he was beginning to sweat from being anxious. He reached the landing of the second floor. He started to open the door. A sick feeling came to his stomach before he even entered the room. The door now open he could smell something odd but was unsure of what it was that was in the air. He took a few steps and saw that the floor was covered by something and it was obviously fresh as it was very wet. He turned to Hiram and shrugged his shoulders. Hiram said, “it smells like paint thinner to me but it doesn’t look like someone is going to be repainting these walls.” Frank recognized the smell after Hiram said what he thought it was and then looked around the room. The room was in bad shape with the walls torn apart and the floor had holes in the wood. The place was falling apart. They moved down the hallway slowly but not as slow as before as the thinner was strong and only get stronger as they pushed down the hall. Frank pushed open the door that used to be for his parents bedroom, the room was empty. He then came to the spare room which was also empty. He came to a closed door that led to his old room. He was feeling a little woozy from the paint fumes and he turned to let Hiram know this was his room but Hiram was gone. He wondered where he had gone but dismissed it quickly, too quickly, as Hiram had likely just needed fresh air. Frank slowly turned the handle and entered the room. As he pushed the door open he quickly realized this was different than the other rooms. This was part of where he was supposed to be and his heart sunk as he saw a bed and a large lump under a white sheet, as he neared the sheet tears welled in his eyes. The sheet was stained with blood, fresh blood. It was the size of a woman’s body. He knew it was her and fell to his knees shaking. He saw a knife on the floor that was covered in blood. He thought about picking it up but didn’t want to get his prints on it and implicate himself. He made his way back to his feet as anger started to take over. He had to find who killed his wife but he had to see her first. He had to give her one last kiss. To touch her skin one last time and then, then he could go get this bastard!!! He pulled the sheet back and froze as he saw her. He could not believe his eyes and shook his head to try and get the image to register, to make sure he was seeing what was really there and not some flashback to earlier in this sick game. The image remained the same as Frank was staring at Tracie. She lay before him naked and dead just as she was before. How did she get here and why? Frank heard a whoosh behind him as the room suddenly became filled with light!!! The thinner had been ignited and was traveling towards the room he was in!! He ran for the door and crashed through it. The flames shot out the doorway but did not follow him as he tumbled down the stairs. He landed down at the bottom with a thud and felt pain everywhere. Above he could see the fire reaching out of the room he was just in and the smoke was filling the hall slowly. He could feel the heat growing as well. He tried to get up but his foot was caught in a hole at the bottom of the stairs. He struggled to try and get it out. Where the hell was Hiram!!?? He could use his help now. He freed his leg and then heard screams coming from below him. He knew it was Anna!! She was alive and here!! Frank was hurting but he had to move as the heat was growing and he knew it was likely the fire was spreading. He stood and went around the corner to the door that led to the cellar. The screams were coming from down those stairs.

lwa11
05-02-2006, 05:40 PM
Frank rushed down the stairs knowing that there was another way out if this one became blocked. He could still get Anna out through the cellar door that led to the yard. He rushed down the stairs and the screams became louder and he also heard others voices yelling. He was halfway down the stairs when the stairs were suddenly gone. He plummeted to the cement floor below landing on his feet which quickly gave out as they tried to absorb the punishing of the concrete from such a height. He banged his head solidly on the concrete floor and immediately everything went spinning. Blood was oozing from a fresh wound, his knee was throbbing even more now. He looked in the direction of the screams and could see three figures. He was trying hard to focus but the blow was a heavy one and he knew he was lucky to still be conscious at all. One of the figures started to move in his direction and slowly came into focus as he neared. Frank’s heart sank as he saw Eric coming towards him, it was his childhood friend. How could he be responsible for all of this? Why? He was starting to be able to focus now, slowly. He still though could not make out the two distant figures just yet though. Eric now stood before him, “Frank my friend, welcome home. Do you like what I have done with the place? Your friend Tracie just moved in upstairs and complained about the cold, so I turned on the heat. Pretty nice of me eh. I just wanted everyone to be here and be happy Frank. I wanted it to be the way it should have been!!! I bought this place so we, yes we, could fix it up together Frank. No, you had to ruin everything though. Wasn’t it enough to ruin things back when we were kids? Why now as an adult?” Eric was waving his hands and stopped talking when he was interrupted by a scream from Anna. He turned and yelled, “Hiram!!! You got what you wanted, now take her and get out of here. Be long gone!!!” Frank’s heart sank as he learned of Hiram357 betraying him and he struggled to try and get up as he focused and saw Hiram pulling Anna with him out of the cellar. He could tell she was fighting him but was just too small to be able to get away. Soon they were gone from sight and all that could be heard was the roar and crackling of the fire which was coming closer. Pieces of the building began to fall. Eric leaned closer to Frank, “It should have been us against the World Frank. You changed that and only made it worse. Tracie was my girl you ass and then you messed that up. Didn’t recognize me in the store either did you Frank!!” Sirens were approaching from the outside… Eric stood and kicked Frank repeatedly. Frank knew he had to do something or he would die here in this house. Anna would be gone forever, he would have failed her. He lunged for Eric just as he had turned to leave the cellar, pulling him down to the floor. Eric seemed surprised and this allowed Frank a brief advantage as he threw blow after blow down on Eric but Eric suddenly bucked and flipped Frank to the floor. He jumped on him and began to throw his own flurry of punches!!! Frank was no match for Eric’s furry and was slowly fading from this battle.

Outside Anna was struggling with Hiram as he tried to put her in his car which had been left here before Eric dropped him off at Fort Williams to wait for Frank to arrive. He knew he needed to get her in the car and get out of there. He was going to take her away and they would be together forever. That was the price, the price for making sure that ass of a man named Frank lost this wonderful woman. He had helped lure him here and keep him ahead in the game. Keep him from the cops. Anna kicked for all she was worth and wiggled free from Hiram as she knocked the wind out of him. She ran with her hands tied towards the oncoming rescue vehicles!! Hiram began to give chase but quickly changed his mind as blue lights were right behind the red ones. He turned to get himself out of there as quickly as possible. He jumped in and started his car and threw it in reverse to get out of the driveway. He backed straight into the path of the fire truck arriving in front of the house right at that moment. The fireman never saw the car backing out as he was looking at the building which was fully engulfed and starting to fall apart. He hit the little car in front of him squarely in the drivers’ side door. Hiram never saw it coming and was knocked unconscious by the snap of his head by the impact. He lay motionless across the front seat of his car.

Anna made it to the fire truck, “Help me!! Help there are still people in the cellar!! Hel….” As she collapsed beside the truck into the arms of one of the firemen. He radioed that there were still people in the cellar even though he doubted anyone could still be alive in that place. There were fighters and now police officers tending to Hiram in the car.
Firefighters were battling the blaze and trying to get into the cellar. Two firefighters ignored their Lieutenants orders and went into the cellar to search. Inside they fought the heat, smoke, falling parts of building, and were able to find a body which they brought out. It was a man and he was barely alive. They gave him oxygen and rushed him to the ambulance. Anna was already on her way to the hospital as well. Hiram was still stuck in the car but soon would be on the way as well. The firemen withdrew from the building and fought it from a distance, mostly to just keep it off of the other buildings. Soon it collapsed and all that was left was for them to drown the flames which they did slowly.
The ambulances arrived at the hospital and Anna was awake and alert as they wheeled in the other stretcher, she leaned to get a view. Her jaw dropped as she watched them roll the stretcher by her and into a room of waiting doctors.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

lwa11
05-02-2006, 09:37 PM
The firefighters were finally able to free Mike from his car and place him in an ambulance. An officer rode with him because of the City’s truck being involved in the accident. They also had some questions for Mike about the things they found in his car that did not make much sense such as ripped clothes with what looked like blood on them. He would have to answer some question as they wondered if he had anything to do with this fire that appeared suspicious since the building was condemned and just recently purchased. They wanted to know why he was there. Hiram looked up from the stretcher and saw the officer sitting on the small bench next to the EMT. He did not like the looks of the situation. His mind raced on ways to clear himself. He did not know what Anna would say though and that was the card he could not predict. He felt like he needed to get out in front of this crazy situation. So he looked at the officer and began to tell him the story as he knew it. The Officer nodded as Mike talked and talked about this crazy plan and what his involvement was in it. He left out that Anna was supposed to be his prize and hoped she would leave that out as well. The Officer was not sure what to make of all this and decided he would see what the doctors had to say about the condition of this man first before he went anywhere with it. The ambulance pulled into the lot and backed to the emergency doors. They slid the stretcher out and made their way towards a room. As they passed the first room, a woman was crying just outside the doors, and then she spoke softly with her voice sounding as beautiful as ever to Mike. “Mike, Mike is that you? Are you okay?” asked Anna. Mike nodded but did not say anything as he was unsure what to make of her apparent kindness. She walked beside the stretcher and moved closer to it. Their eyes met and he knew she was not going to let it go so easily. She swung hitting him in the face and the other fist was following but the Officer grabbed her before it could land. “You are a jerk Mike!!! What you did was wrong….just wrong!!! How could you do that Mike? How? Why?” yelled Anna. Mike lifted his head so he could see her, “Because I love you.” Then disappeared into the emergency room where the doctors were waiting for him. Anna had turned and headed back towards the doors to the other room where they were working on Frank. He was alive and breathing but badly beaten. He had some burns and smoke inhalation as well but was expected to be fine. Then were just checking him for breaks and stitching up the cuts that needed it. She felt an arm on her shoulder and it sent chills through her instantly. She turned quickly only to see the Officer standing beside her. He asked if they could talk about the fire and what she knew pertaining to it. Anna looked straight in at her man as she told what she knew but started from the beginning. Suddenly the Officer began to feel like this might be much bigger than anything he had ever imagined and maybe the man who was hit by the fire truck was actually telling the truth for the most part. He thanked Anna and told her he would need to talk to Frank as well when he was able to be seen. He asked if she knew where the other man she said held her was or if he made it out of the fire or if he was still trapped inside. She told him she did not know and did not care as he was gone.

The Officer radioed back to the station and filled in a supervisor who patched him to a detective. The story was making its way to the people that needed to know and they were headed to the fire scene to look for another body. Another detective was also headed to the hospital to get these stories first hand.

Mike was checked out quickly and put in a soft collar to treat him for a muscle strain in his neck but other than that he was okay. They still had to wait for the scans to come back before he would be released, released into police custody most likely the nurse told him as an Officer was outside the door waiting for him. Hiram knew he could not getaway and only wanted to get out of this without a lot of jail time. He knew he had been wrong but he did love her but it was obvious that she did not love him so he would move on. Tell the truth and just move on, got back to the small town life. He closed his eyes as he dreamt one last time of how everything should have been in his perfect World. Another nurse entered the room and walked towards Hiram. The nurse had a pillow in his hand and when he reached Mike the pillow was put over his face instead of under his head. Hiram tried to fight but had little strength and soon was gone from consciousness and then not long after he was gone from life. The nurse put the pillow under Mike’s feet and left with his head down so the Officer standing guard would not see the face did not match the tag on his white coat. A man came around the corner yelling he had been mugged, that his ID badge was taken too and then pointed straight at Eric who shoved the Officer hard and ran for the exit. He was gone before the Officer could recover his balance and he had not even a clue as to what the man looked like either. Eric ran back to his truck and quickly drove off. The Officer went in to check on Mike and saw him sleeping. So he went back out and talk with the nurse to find out what had happened.

Inside Anna had seen Eric running and ducked into the room with Frank. She went to his side and he smiled as he grabbed her hand. She bent and kissed him gently on the lesser of the bruised cheeks. She decided to not tell him about Eric being alive just yet. He needed to get more strength first.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++

lwa11
05-02-2006, 10:58 PM
Frank was all bandaged but very sore and now even had crutches to deal with for his knee which was swollen. He had no idea what happened in the cellar as al he could remember was Eric flipping him and then beating on his face. After he went black he had no ideas about how he had gotten out or where anyone was at all. He was excited to see Anna but also felt ashamed as he was not the one to save her, she did that her self. He had failed her and yet here she was right here with him. Loving him as she always did and for the first time he truly knew how lucky he was to have her and not the other way around. He had loved her and cherished her but now he understood she was a gift. He was truly a lucky man. A Detective met them as they were leaving and offered to drive them home as long as Frank would answer his questions. Frank agreed and said he would answer anything and so would Anna. They went to the detective’s car and headed off for their home. Frank and Anna answered the questions and the detective was satisfied with the answers and said it was likely he would need to ask more soon. That there were still questions that needed to be looked at and then probably re-asked of them to make sense. He dropped them off at the bottom of their driveway and Frank steadied by Anna hobbled up the driveway to their home. Inside Anna made Frank lay on the spare bed in the room on the first floor. It was meant for their aging parents to use form time to time but it would work great until Frank could get back and forth from the upstairs bedroom. Frank lay on the bed and Anna sat next to him. They talked and talked about the events of the day and tried to piece things together but they were just too tired for that now. So they decided to talk about the surprise of the baby that Anna had told him about earlier. It was refreshing to both of them to think about that future.

Outside a pair of eyes watched from a distance as the car pulled up and dropped the pair off. He saw Frank was hobbled and smiled as he knew that he had done a solid number on him in the cellar. The firefighters’ saving Frank was just pure luck and nothing else. Anna getting away from Hiram, well that was out of his control but now Hiram was taken care of for good. He could not have him talking and now he would not. This could all still work out and he would be free from all of the accusations that were sure to be flying and pointing towards him. Frank would still get the wrap for this and he would make sure that Frank was not done paying yet!! NOT YET!!!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++

lwa11
05-03-2006, 04:50 PM
Back at the hospital, A doctor had just discovered that Hiram was dead and told the Officer standing guard. The test results revealed no injuries to cause the death and the Officer looked over the scene and remembered that the man who had stolen the nurse ID badge had come from this room. He looked for any obvious evidence and the only thing he remembered was that the nurse had carried in a pillow. He called for the Detectives to come to the hospital for this possible murder. The Detectives at the fire scene were going over Hiram’s car when they received the call from dispatch. The pieces to the puzzle just seemed to be slowly coming clearer but something was still missing. The Arson investigator called them over as he had found a body in the ruins of the building. It appeared to be a female but was badly burned and only tests would confirm for sure. The detectives had been expecting to find a body but not that of a female. This threw them off a little and added to the list of questions they where needing to find answers to in this complex case. The arson investigator told them there were no other bodies in the building and this one had likely been on the 2nd floor where it appeared the fire had started. The Medical examiner was going to do an autopsy as soon as the body was picked up. The detectives decided to pay Frank and Anna another visit to see what they had to say about these new developments in the case. What answers would they have and would they make sense or implicate Frank? The Detectives headed for the car.

He decided that now was the time to pay his visit and headed from the shadows towards the rear of the house. Eric wanted to settle this and get away before something else could go wrong. He would make it look like Frank had killed Anna and let the police fill in the pieces to fit in whatever way worked for them. He approached the back porch and slowly walked up it. Not fearing being seen as Frank couldn’t go anywhere and he doubted Anna would leave him alone. As he reached the door he peered inside and saw her sitting at the table with the TV on. Her head was on the table in her hands. He thought she may be sleeping but did not know for sure. He slowly turned the knob to the door and found it unlocked. He smiled as he thought luck may be on his side now. He opened the door and eased inside as Anna never moved. She must have been asleep and he was thankful for that as he did not want to struggle with her and with Frank. He inched towards her and withdrew a knife from his coat. It was just a small knife but it would do the trick as he planned to slice her throat and then place the knife in Frank’s hands before he took off. He was reaching for Anna when he saw something move out of the corner of his eye. It was too late to move though as the crutch came slamming across his head with a hollow thud. He stumbled sideways and grasped at consciousness. Sparkles emerged before his eyes as he struggled to stay on his feet. Another blow as Frank hobbled closer and swung harder. Anna was awake now and grabbed whatever she could find and began throwing it at Eric. Frank swung again but this time Eric managed to grab the crutch and hold onto it. He pulled hard and the crutch was now his and he tossed it aside. He looked at Anna and laughed as she continued to throw things at him. He stepped towards her and swung the crutch catching her in the upper torso. She stumbled and then fell to the floor knocking over a tray cart as well. Frank moved as quickly as he could to get between Eric and Anna as another blow from the crutch just missed her. Eric saw Frank nearing and swung the crutch in his direction hard and fierce. Frank blocked it with his forearms but felt the pain from the blow. He struggled forward hoping to get too close for the blows to have as much force behind them. Eric sensed this and dropped the crutch and lunged at Frank. They collided with violence and force throwing them both into a tumble to the ground. Frank was at a huge disadvantage from his previous wounds and Eric began to pummel him yet again but Frank was okay as long as it was him and not Anna. He deflected as many blows as he could with his arms. He yelled for Anna to get out of there and go to the neighbors, she started to head for the knife rack as the doorbell rang. She changed directions to go to the door and as she did Eric grabbed her by the arm and began to pull her towards him. He creamed as loud as she could and was heard by the detectives who stood at the front door. They pounded on the door but did not get a response….. They began to try and get inside. Frank began to throw punches at Eric to try and get him to release Anna but it seemed to be in vain as Frank just did not have the strength. Anna swung her foot into Eric’s groin and he crumbled. She was free and began to move towards the door but Eric somehow grabbed her foot and pulled hard. Anna fell hard to the floor and smacked her head solidly knocking her form consciousness. One detective tried to get in the front but the door was not giving so he smashed to the window to be able to begin unlocking the door. The other detective ran around to the back and was slowly coming up the stairs to the back door that he saw wide open. Frank was still trying to somehow get Eric to focus on him and not her. He grabbed Eric by the balls and squeezed as hard a she could and did not let go. Eric yelled and turned his attention back to Frank. He pummeled him and then remembered his knife. He jabbed it into Frank’s stomach and then withdrew it. He raised it again and as he started down he heard the detective yell to him to freeze or he would shoot. Eric did not listen and stabbed Frank again. He did not get a chance to withdraw the knife as the detective shot him in the chest. Eric’s body shuddered from the bullets power. He wobbled and fell forward onto Frank and the detective called for his partner who finally had been able to get inside to call for rescue. He moved over to Frank and Eric…. Moving Eric off of Frank. They both still had a pulse and then he checked on Anna who was now trying to get up.

The ambulances arrived and ferried everyone to the hospital. Frank underwent emergency surgery to repair the damage from his new wounds. He would make it but would be in for a lengthy recovery. Anna was treated for a concussion and now waits for Frank but she was not alone as the detectives were getting the other pieces tot his puzzle. Eric was still alive as the shots had missed anything major and he would live. He in fact was already out of surgery and in a room that was being guarded by two officers. Anna asked about Mike and the detective told her what had happened to him. She had tears come to hear eyes as she did not want that to happen to him. She didn’t feel the same as he did anymore but the history was still there. He had a place as a friend in her heart still and she was sad he was now gone. The detectives left Anna to wait for Frank as they headed back to the station to put the finishing touches on their report and then place charges against Eric.

Frank was brought from recovery to his room and Anna was there with him. As they rolled down the hall they passed two officers standing outside of a room. Frank was in and out of consciousness from the pain killers they had provided for him. Anna had slipped out and into a room down the hall.

Eric looked up and saw the nurse before him. He had asked for more pain medication and he assumed that is what she was putting in his IV. The nurse looked up and their eyes met. Anna stood silently as she watched Eric fade from this life and into the hell that awaited him. She stood up for her man and she would have his baby. She slipped back by the two officers who were busy checking out her legs and shake of her ass. On the way in all they could focus on was her blouse which had a button missing in just the right place. Anna knew they would not be looking at what they should be and used it to her advantage. Guys were after all predictable. She then went back to Frank and slipped back into her own clothing. She pulled up a chair right next to Frank’s bed and finally laid her head down to sleep. She and her baby needed it.

Eric’s was found to be deceased and the cause was an overdose of pain killers. The investigation was extensive but the nurse was never found and the Officers could not identify Anna as the nurse. She had never shaken her ass like that, ok once before, that was how she got Frank after all. Now she would have him forever.