View Full Version : Reason #42.5 why I like geocaching...

Hiram357
04-23-2006, 10:19 PM
Today the wife and I were caching in Augusta... ran out of caches in Augusta... decided to pick up a few in Gardiner... went to the Milkyway cache, and ran into a bunch of people with Kyaks and GPS's... hah, we ran into Kaching karen, sudonim, tat, pedalchick, kyakerinme, and team2hunt. Afterwards we joined them for a couple hunts. It was great meeting all of you, and I enjoy meeting other cachers, hope to meet more of you at the upcoming cache events.

*snif* ok, just thought i'd share the moment... :D:D:D

Sudonim
04-23-2006, 10:29 PM
Hiram's got a group hug going!
It was nice to see you again today.:p

Hiram357
04-23-2006, 10:32 PM
my next thread will be on the topic of caching with your inner child... :p:D

WhereRWe?
04-24-2006, 07:42 AM
Today the wife and I were caching in Augusta... ran out of caches in Augusta... decided to pick up a few in Gardiner... went to the Milkyway cache, and ran into a bunch of people with Kyaks and GPS's... hah, we ran into Kaching karen, sudonim, tat, pedalchick, kyakerinme, and team2hunt.

Well, I hope you'all found the Milky Way cache! It's a tough one, but I think everyone goes there and looks in the wrong place.

I got a hint from the cache owner, so we're going to try it (3d time) today.

:D :D

Haffy
04-24-2006, 03:00 PM
Tough one!!!! You got to be kidding , I found it in a snowstorm without my GPS......:)

kayakerinme
04-24-2006, 03:14 PM
my next thread will be on the topic of caching with your inner child... :p:D

I thought we were caching with your inner child ;)

It was great to meet you both... makes that mile go real fast! I'm looking forward to seeing you again at an event or even on another trail :p :p

Smitty & Co.
04-24-2006, 03:41 PM
Tough one!!!! You got to be kidding , I found it in a snowstorm without my GPS......:)

I'm with Bruce on this one....:( ..... It was tough! We spent about 1/2 hour maybe a bit more in the rain searching this one and came up empty-handed. Counted from both ends and still nothing. I emailed the owner, just to make sure it was still there and not buried. They assured me it was indeed there and also gave me a hint. Then I see this weekend that the kayakers hit it and all found it......and Hiram too, lol Sudonim also had an earlier DNF. I'm a bit more encouraged to search it out again next time I'm down that way.

Hiram357
04-24-2006, 05:00 PM
Well, I hope you'all found the Milky Way cache! It's a tough one, but I think everyone goes there and looks in the wrong place.

I got a hint from the cache owner, so we're going to try it (3d time) today.

:D :D

actually it only took me a few minutes to find.... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hiram357
04-24-2006, 05:03 PM
I thought we were caching with your inner child ;)

It was great to meet you both... makes that mile go real fast! I'm looking forward to seeing you again at an event or even on another trail :p :p

umm... i guess it depends on your point of view... but the voices in my head are still telling me that my inner child is tied up at the bottom of the spiritual porta-pot (those inner big brothers are a pain in backside sometimes) so it may be sometime before my inner child gets to go caching. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

we3beans
04-25-2006, 09:48 AM
We found it fairly easily...I think y'all are overthinkin' it.

Sudonim
04-25-2006, 10:53 AM
umm... i guess it depends on your point of view... but the voices in my head are still telling me that my inner child is tied up at the bottom of the spiritual porta-pot (those inner big brothers are a pain in backside sometimes) so it may be sometime before my inner child gets to go caching. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hiram cheated, his inner child helped him find it! That extra set of eyes did the trick.:p

Hiram357
04-25-2006, 04:51 PM
Hiram cheated, his inner child helped him find it! That extra set of eyes did the trick.:p was it my walking down the sidewalk yelling at my inner child that gave it away??? :D

Sudonim
04-25-2006, 04:56 PM
was it my walking down the sidewalk yelling at my inner child that gave it away??? :D

...no, but it did keep the muggles away:D

Hiram357
04-25-2006, 04:59 PM
...no, but it did keep the muggles away:D

yeah, it keep a lot of people away... and family too...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: