View Full Version : Gc.com change

Cache Maine
04-25-2006, 06:46 AM
I just read about the username lockdown on geocaching.com. This will become effective on May 15. So if you are thinking of changing your username (the one you use to sign on to www.geocaching.com (http://www.geocaching.com) and the geocaching.com forums), you might want to look into it sooner rather than later. More information is available here. Username Lockdown (http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=130149&st=0&#entry2162267)

we3beans
04-25-2006, 09:40 AM
This seals the deal....there won't be we4beans!
:-)

Hiram357
04-25-2006, 04:54 PM

what!?!?! you just did away with wudeater! and youre already planning on doing away with we3beans!?!?! is nothing sacred anymore?!!? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

WhereRWe?
04-25-2006, 05:04 PM
what!?!?! you just did away with wudeater! and youre already planning on doing away with we3beans!?!?! is nothing sacred anymore?!!? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hiram, I think maybe she was hinting at another "bean" being added to the team...

Hiram357
04-25-2006, 05:12 PM
Hiram, I think maybe she was hinting at another "bean" being added to the team... beans beans the magical fruit... the names are too hard to keep up with, im just going to call everyone frank from now, is that ok with you frank???:D:D:D

WhereRWe?
04-25-2006, 06:21 PM
beans beans the magical fruit...

Speaking of which, here is some GOOD news for lovers of the traditional Maine Saturday night meal:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060425/sc_nm/beans_dc_3

Beach Comber
04-25-2006, 06:56 PM

Does GC.com know what an effective means of birth control they are? hehehe

Hiram357
04-25-2006, 07:04 PM
Speaking of which, here is some GOOD news for lovers of the traditional Maine Saturday night meal:

well im not buying those beans... whats the point!?!?!

Smitty & Co.
04-25-2006, 07:11 PM

Wow....sounds pretty scientific! I've found that if I just eat beans as a regular part of my diet, my body eventually just got used to it. Take it from a guy who grew up in the Maine tradition of Saturday night beans & brown bread (speaking of which...Hillman's bakery in Fairfield makes the best brown bread every Friday) ;) Sunday mornings were also a treat.....fried biscuts with reheated beans. :D

firefighterjake
04-26-2006, 08:52 AM
beans beans the magical fruit... the names are too hard to keep up with, im just going to call everyone frank from now, is that ok with you frank???:D:D:D

I think "Bob" would be a better choice since there are lots and lots of Bobs out there . . . or even better, just call everyone Dave. ;) :D

firefighterjake
04-26-2006, 08:54 AM
well im not buying those beans... whats the point!?!?!

Seems a bit "unnatural" to not eat baked beans and have "issues" later on . . . I can't see this catching on here in Maine. Besides, there's always those guys who insist on eating a large batch of beans and then digging out their lighter and. . . . (well, use your imagination). :D

firefighterjake
04-26-2006, 08:55 AM
Wow....sounds pretty scientific! I've found that if I just eat beans as a regular part of my diet, my body eventually just got used to it. Take it from a guy who grew up in the Maine tradition of Saturday night beans & brown bread (speaking of which...Hillman's bakery in Fairfield makes the best brown bread every Friday) ;) Sunday mornings were also a treat.....fried biscuts with reheated beans. :D

I love the beans, but I could never get used to eating brown bread . . . maybe because the brown bread I always had was from a can and bread in a can cannot be tasty.

Hiram357
04-26-2006, 05:14 PM
I love the beans, but I could never get used to eating brown bread . . . maybe because the brown bread I always had was from a can and bread in a can cannot be tasty. well ya know what they say about the brown bread dave.... it fits back into can and still looks the same... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Haffy
04-26-2006, 05:33 PM
I love the beans, but I could never get used to eating brown bread . . . maybe because the brown bread I always had was from a can and bread in a can cannot be tasty.

On the contrary,the brown bread that Hillman's makes is made in a can it is sooooo tasty. You gotta try it sometime.

Trezurs*-R-*Fun
04-26-2006, 05:39 PM
On the contrary,the brown bread that Hillman's makes is made in a can it is sooooo tasty. You gotta try it sometime.

We used to have a guy at the station with his homemade double-boiler made out of 2 coffee cans; (1 was the 2 1/2 pound can the other a 1 pound can), make his own brownbread and baked beans. Every Saturday we were scheduled to work that was his only job, to get supper ready. Man I miss that guy, he retired 3 years ago and now we don't do beans on Saturday no more --sniffle, sniffle.

Hiram357
04-26-2006, 05:47 PM
brown bread, baked beans, and brown ale.... i think we've got the makings of a cache event here!

WhereRWe?
04-26-2006, 06:18 PM
brown bread, baked beans, and brown ale.... i think we've got the makings of a cache event here!

Well, if it develops, I make a wicked brown bread... :D :D

Hiram357
04-26-2006, 06:54 PM
Well, if it develops, I make a wicked brown bread... :D :D

ummm... we need someone with a large garage to have it in... :D

Sudonim
04-26-2006, 08:58 PM
ummm... we need someone with a large garage to have it in... :D

...a well ventilated large garage...:p

Hiram357
04-26-2006, 09:19 PM
...a well ventilated large garage...:p yeah, at least a 3 bay garge... with floor drains....

firefighterjake
04-27-2006, 10:22 AM

I suppose I'll have to try it sometime.

Hiram357
04-27-2006, 04:41 PM
gc.com change to brown bread....

Kacky
04-29-2006, 10:25 PM
I changed my name, and John's, because I was concerned it was too negative, and that I shouldn't brag about being a brat in an environment where kids are. I don't want to look like I'm glorifying bad behavior, even though that's not where the name came from. I wonder if there is a way to change the username here, as well, without starting over and losing paid-member status maybe?

Hiram357
04-29-2006, 10:31 PM
I changed my name, and John's, because I was concerned it was too negative, and that I shouldn't brag about being a brat in an environment where kids are. I don't want to look like I'm glorifying bad behavior, even though that's not where the name came from. I wonder if there is a way to change the username here, as well, without starting over and losing paid-member status maybe?

rick is the go to guy about that stuff, attroll (member.php?u=1)

attroll
04-29-2006, 11:32 PM

There sure is a way to change your name here. But I have to do it. Give me about one minute and it will be done.

Kacky
04-30-2006, 09:01 AM
Thank you!

Hiram357
04-30-2006, 09:09 AM
Hi kacky! welcome to geocachingmaine!;)

Haffy
04-30-2006, 10:16 AM
Hey Rick while you're at it how about taking the 6 off from mine......

attroll
04-30-2006, 12:14 PM
[quote=Haffy]Hey Rick while you're at it how about taking the 6 off from mine......[/I quote]
Done

attroll
[quote=Haffy]Hey Rick while you're at it how about taking the 6 off from mine......[/I just quote]
Done

attroll
Hey Rick while you're at it how about taking the 6 off from mine......
I just did it for you Haffy6, I mean Haffy.