View Full Version : Mars Hill Blades

Cache Maine
04-26-2006, 10:20 AM
I just saw another chain of wind blades go around the corner near where I work. I'm still listening on my scanner as they make their way across Bangor. I've heard that there are 42 that came in by boat to Searsport in route, two at a time by tractor trailer (125 feet long) to Mars Hill. Boy, those are huge! I can't wait to see that in operation when it's done. Does anyone have any more information or links that I can find out more?

WhereRWe?
04-26-2006, 10:27 AM
How about these:

http://www.bangornews.com/news/templates/?a=132464
http://www.bangornews.com/news/templates/?a=131302

We visited a big wind farm on Gaspe Peninsula, Quebec - where they have 133 turbines - and can attest to the fact that they are an impressive sight!

attroll
04-26-2006, 01:26 PM
I just saw another chain of wind blades go around the corner near where I work. I'm still listening on my scanner as they make their way across Bangor. I've heard that there are 42 that came in by boat to Searsport in route, two at a time by tractor trailer (125 feet long) to Mars Hill. Boy, those are huge! I can't wait to see that in operation when it's done. Does anyone have any more information or links that I can find out more?

I think you going to wish when it is all done that they never came. These things are humongous. They will ruin the scenery and the views of what Maine once was. They sound neat and everything like that. But I have seen them, up close in CA and they are not a pretty site.

Trezurs*-R-*Fun
04-26-2006, 02:11 PM
I think you going to wish when it is all done that they never came. These things are humongous. They will ruin the scenery and the views of what Maine once was. They sound neat and everything like that. But I have seen them, up close in CA and they are not a pretty site.

Rick you are so right! Unfortunately, as I spend more of my day working just to pay for a gallon of gas so I can go back to work the following day it makes me realize that life is full of compromises. Wind generators may not be the answer but it's at least its a step in diminishing our use of pricely oil.

Speaking of unsightly, there is now a cell phone toward in the middle of Palermo. I now have great cell phone coverage that was non-existent a month ago but we did give up the view. After all, this was one of Gov. Baldacci's promises, too improve cell phone coverage for the state of Maine. Gov. Bacdacci, a man with a mandate..;) Progress without impact, a fantasy that I have too.:):o

J_Cyr
04-26-2006, 02:41 PM
Yes, they are HUGE. http://www.wagmtv.com/news/story.php?id=1969

WhereRWe?
04-26-2006, 04:23 PM
Yes, they are HUGE. http://www.wagmtv.com/news/story.php?id=1969

Sheesh! The blades were made in BRAZIL??? :confused: :confused:

firefighterjake
04-26-2006, 04:31 PM
Gotta agree with Steve on this one Rick . . . and beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Personally I think we'll be seeing more folks giving a long hard look at windpower, solar and wave power in the near future if oil prices continue to be at the record high levels that they are now.

J_Cyr
04-26-2006, 04:38 PM
Sheesh! The blades were made in BRAZIL??? :confused: :confused:
Yes, manufactured in Brazil.

Hiram357
04-26-2006, 04:49 PM
Rick you are so right! Unfortunately, as I spend more of my day working just to pay for a gallon of gas so I can go back to work the following day it makes me realize that life is full of compromises. Wind generators may not be the answer but it's at least its a step in diminishing our use of pricely oil.

Speaking of unsightly, there is now a cell phone toward in the middle of Palermo. I now have great cell phone coverage that was non-existent a month ago but we did give up the view. After all, this was one of Gov. Baldacci's promises, too improve cell phone coverage for the state of Maine. Gov. Bacdacci, a man with a mandate..;) Progress without impact, a fantasy that I have too.:):o

hey i got a great idea! lets build condos up around mooshead lake and well take the profits and put them towards protecting the natural habitats of maine!!!:rolleyes::(

Trezurs*-R-*Fun
04-26-2006, 04:58 PM
hey i got a great idea! lets build condos up around mooshead lake and well take the profits and put them towards protecting the natural habitats of maine!!!:rolleyes::(

Great idea,,,not only that lets increase taxes for the residence of Maine so we can create a 6 lane road going up there so the folks from out of state can enjoy those condos.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to rent a condo 'cause I'm gonna have to get a third job to pay taxes AND gas. :confused: :( :( :(

Hiram357
04-26-2006, 05:08 PM
Great idea,,,not only that lets increase taxes for the residence of Maine so we can create a 6 lane road going up there so the folks from out of state can enjoy those condos.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to rent a condo 'cause I'm gonna have to get a third job to pay taxes AND gas. :confused: :( :( :(

i like the way you think!!! but look at it this way, when all the condos go up, there will be plenty of jobs!! you could work for the town picking up all the litter off of the roads and out of the lakes and streams. You can get a job cleaning the houses for the people from mass during the winter (because theyll all be down in florida and will need someone to take care of their homes for them) so with all this extra work, we can actually double the tax increase!:rolleyes: :(:mad: