View Full Version : Are you trying to get more people?

Kacky
04-26-2006, 10:32 AM
When I mentioned that you can drop TB's off to me at the MPBN auction, someone wrote that we should talk about Geocaching Maine on the air as a way to get more members. If that is truly a goal, then you guys should consider a donation for next year! In about 2 weeks Sandy Dunlap will start to look for items for next year. It has to be an item worth $60.00 or a group of identical items with a total value of $60.00. You can write your own 45-second copy if you want. Some things to donate might be a daypack with caching necessities; a new GPS-r; 6 1-year premium memberships to this site; or geocoins. The rest of us could chip in a little toward the cause, or have a fundraiser to do get money for it. The next auction is a year away so there is plenty of time!

I have introduced my boss at the radio station to geocaching. He found two micros (and screamed his head off both times, so we will be working on THAT!:rolleyes: ) Anyway, does the Boothbay register TB qualify for radio as well as print?

Trezurs*-R-*Fun
04-26-2006, 10:41 AM
When I mentioned that you can drop TB's off to me at the MPBN auction, someone wrote that we should talk about Geocaching Maine on the air as a way to get more members. If that is truly a goal, then you guys should consider a donation for next year! In about 2 weeks Sandy Dunlap will start to look for items for next year. It has to be an item worth $60.00 or a group of identical items with a total value of $60.00. You can write your own 45-second copy if you want. Some things to donate might be a daypack with caching necessities; a new GPS-r; 6 1-year premium memberships to this site; or geocoins. The rest of us could chip in a little toward the cause, or have a fundraiser to do get money for it. The next auction is a year away so there is plenty of time!

I have introduced my boss at the radio station to geocaching. He found two micros (and screamed his head off both times, so we will be working on THAT!:rolleyes: ) Anyway, does the Boothbay register TB qualify for radio as well as print?

We always encourage new geocachers!!!! The more the merrier!!! GeocachingMaine is an informal organization but I would help promote it by helping anyway I can.

Happy Caching!!!!!

Smitty & Co.
04-26-2006, 10:48 AM
Anyway, does the Boothbay register TB qualify for radio as well as print?

I'm not the "owner" of this bug but I'll step out on a limb here and say probably......yes!! :D

WhereRWe?
04-26-2006, 01:19 PM
Anyway, does the Boothbay register TB qualify for radio as well as print?

Not sure what you mean... :confused: :confused:

Smitty & Co.
04-26-2006, 01:41 PM
Not sure what you mean... :confused: :confused:

I'm guessing she means media coverage for the bug.

Kacky
04-27-2006, 02:10 AM
I emailed them to make sure. The instructions say to travel anywhere and especially to meet newspaper reporters, but I bet a radio reporter would be ok too, in a pinch. Only one problem - my child is grown and I don't got grandkids! So I need a family with one or more kids to go caching with, within 30 miles of Lewiston-Auburn. I'd bring a cassette deck and tape the hunt, then maybe sit around and ask a few questions. Does anyone know anyone????

WhereRWe?
04-27-2006, 07:06 AM
I emailed them to make sure. The instructions say to travel anywhere and especially to meet newspaper reporters, but I bet a radio reporter would be ok too, in a pinch.

I responded in the affirmative. :D :D

firefighterjake
04-27-2006, 10:21 AM
. . . Only one problem - my child is grown and I don't got grandkids! So I need a family with one or more kids to go caching with, within 30 miles of Lewiston-Auburn. I'd bring a cassette deck and tape the hunt, then maybe sit around and ask a few questions. Does anyone know anyone????

You could always bring Hiram and his inner child along for an interview . . . it may be a bit like interviewing Robin Williams and Sybil though. :D

Kacky
04-27-2006, 03:40 PM
Well, the TB is once again MIA. :( We'll do the story anyway!

Smitty & Co.
04-27-2006, 03:49 PM
Well, the TB is once again MIA.

:mad: :( :mad:

Hiram357
04-27-2006, 04:40 PM
You could always bring Hiram and his inner child along for an interview . . . it may be a bit like interviewing Robin Williams and Sybil though. :D

i wouldn't mind doing an interview!! i'll have to discuss it with the rest of us first... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Kacky
04-27-2006, 06:02 PM
LOL it needs to be a Lewiston-Auburn person, but thank you Hiram, ALL of you!

Hiram357
04-27-2006, 09:34 PM
LOL it needs to be a Lewiston-Auburn person, but thank you Hiram, ALL of you!

i see how it is... go ahead... discriminate, just cuz i live in waterville :(:rolleyes:

Kacky
04-28-2006, 01:41 AM
Oh, no, it is my fault. I retired from full time radio and now I only want to work from home as a freelancer, so I have to settle for a station with a small signal that doesn't reach Waterville. An unfortunate chain of events that leaves Hiram out. I blame myself.