View Full Version : Personal Best Record!!

Hiram357
05-14-2006, 10:31 PM
Mrs. Hiram and I just did 20 caches in one day! This is a new record for us, we drove down to lewiston today and just about "Micro Cached" ourselves to death. I was just curious as to what other people had for personal best records... :D

Haffy
05-14-2006, 11:37 PM
Brad (Mainiac1957) and myself did 21 up in the county last fall. Thats our personal best for finds with no DNF's. :D

LaughingTerry
05-15-2006, 12:02 AM
I think the most I did in one day was 19. Like you I was all micro-ed out. The Nebraska town I was in seemed to have had a micro frenzy going on.

brdad
05-15-2006, 05:44 AM
My best for one day in Maine is still only 11, which I have tied several times. I did get more doing some D.C. virts, but that's doesn't count for me. But, you have to figure I had the state nearly cached out before there was a micro under every lamp post. :D

Mainiac1957
05-15-2006, 06:04 AM
was also 21. That was starting at 6AM and finishing at 6PM. There were 2 DNF's in the bunch, as well as some long hikes. I started in Dexter. Went through Skowhegan(picking up my 200 find). Into Waterville, down towards Unity, Thorndike, Brooks and a few other place down that way. Needless to say it was a long day. No grab and go micros that day at all. No one had started putting those out up here yet. I can't even remember how many miles I put on, but it was a bunch.

parmachenee
05-15-2006, 06:27 AM
I think our personal best was 17 in one day...but that also was before the micro frenzy. If I remember correctly, we started in Bangor and drove to Portland picking up caches along the way. The last one we did that day was a micro at a guy's camp outside of Auburn...can't remember the cache name. We did five yesterday...at a cost of about $10 a cache on a Mother's Day trip to Greenville and over to Millinocket via the Golden Rd. No micros. Great day!! :D

WhereRWe?
05-15-2006, 06:29 AM
We did five yesterday...at a cost of about $10 a cache on a Mother's Day trip to Greenville and over to Millinocket via the Golden Rd. No micros. Great day!! :D

Now that's an even MORE interesting statistic to consider - what is the most you've paid to bag a cache! LOL!

I'd have to say that ours was the trip we made to Sherbrooke, Quebec a couple of weeks ago. Took us 2 1/2 hours each way, $20 for lunch, about $70 for gas, and we got ONE cache! LOL! :p :p

becket
05-15-2006, 06:34 AM
Now that's an even MORE interesting statistic to consider - what is the most you've paid to bag a cache! LOL!

I'd have to say that ours was the trip we made to Sherbrooke, Quebec a couple of weeks ago. Took us 2 1/2 hours each way, $20 for lunch, about $70 for gas, and we got ONE cache! LOL! :p :p

wow, i don't feel so bad now! i have to drive at least an hour to get to the closest unfound cache. after that, there are plenty! my best is 14 in a day. a lot of driving and a lot of hours.

Slate
05-15-2006, 09:01 AM
My best is only 8 and we could have grabbed some more, but my wife was tired of tromping around in the woods, so we called it a day. My longest day of caching was way back in the spring of 2002. With careful planning and lots of driving I managed to find 7 and came up short on #8 because the park was closing at sunset just as I get there. In that same area now I'm sure I could grab 20-30 with a lot less effort.

Team2hunt
05-15-2006, 09:02 AM
10 seems to be the number. We have reached that number on several occasions. A couple of times with KK, and just yesterday with kayakerinme and Ordinary Shark. We tend to enjoy the caches we find, and the best ones are on top of mountains. That takes some time for me to get to the top. Our trip to Phippsburg last October was one of my favorite areas to cache in. I've also been taught to stop and read everything. Or take a picture and read it later. :rolleyes:

The excursion that we took last February to Quebec for 3 days, and 6 caches, was probally the most expensive. Even more if the Tahoe were STILL in the underground parking garage. :p Lots of fun and worth every Canadian penny.

firefighterjake
05-15-2006, 09:43 AM
Hmmmmm . . . never thought about it so I went back into my past logs to find out the answer to Hiram's question. 15. Went on a cache-frenzy in the Dover area on 4-29 of this year. One micro and one virtual were included in the batch . . . along with one very pesky DNF at Barrows Falls since I was there for a long time (but the falls were absolutely beautiful . . . so not finding the cache was not so bad since it means I'll be going back there some day.)

we3beans
05-15-2006, 11:42 AM
We've done 14 in one day 2ce. And to answer Bruce's question....well, if we'd done the overnight the most expensive time would have been the time we had to be towed out of a ditch. (A Subaru will go alot of places, but a 3foot ditch is NOT one of them).

misha
05-16-2006, 10:39 AM
KoolKats nabbed 75 in Moncton, NB on easter friday, incepit nabbed 76 in Halifax, NS May 2 - 2006

as for me my best was 38

:)

Misha

Hiram357
05-16-2006, 05:19 PM
KoolKats nabbed 75 in Moncton, NB on easter friday, incepit nabbed 76 in Halifax, NS May 2 - 2006

as for me my best was 38

:)

Misha

im sorry... did you say 76!?!?!? like 76 total caches??? :confused: :eek:

Sudonim
05-16-2006, 06:18 PM
I read about a guy that got over 120 in one day in "cacheville" Tennessee

Hiram357
05-16-2006, 06:22 PM
that's nuts, that's like a cache every 10ft!

Sudonim
05-16-2006, 06:25 PM
that's nuts, that's like a cache every 10ft!

Where do you think Nashville got its nickname:rolleyes:

WhereRWe?
05-16-2006, 06:32 PM
Where do you think Nashville got its nickname:rolleyes:

(My comment deleted - didn't read the whole thread.)

Haffy
05-16-2006, 07:43 PM
Just for the record it is 246 in a 24 hour period set by Team Rebellion in Jacksonville Florida I believe at Geowoodstock

Sudonim
05-16-2006, 08:49 PM
Just for the record it is 246 in a 24 hour period set by Team Rebellion in Jacksonville Florida I believe at Geowoodstock

That's slightly better than one successful find every 6 minutes for 24 hours! I'm thinking they aren't hiking any mountains that day:rolleyes:

Hiram357
05-16-2006, 10:18 PM
how much of it do you think they remember? i bet they didnt come across anything but micros in guard rails all day

WhereRWe?
05-17-2006, 06:23 AM
That's slightly better than one successful find every 6 minutes for 24 hours! I'm thinking they aren't hiking any mountains that day:rolleyes:

And I question the validity of this many finds. Unless there's a micro under EVERY lightpost, this seems impossible.

d’76
05-17-2006, 07:15 AM
how much of it do you think they remember? i bet they didnt come across anything but micros in guard rails all day

Hey some micros in gaurd rail are tough, I can think of one up in this next of the woods that you wouldnt find right away:D

Haffy
05-17-2006, 10:19 AM
Here is link to Today's Cacher describing a previous 24 hour record that has been broken since then and I'll try and find the link to the new record holders
article.
http://www.todayscacher.com/2004/nov/people3.asp

Haffy
05-17-2006, 10:38 AM
Couldn't find the correct article but the record was set at Geowoodstock 111 in a 24 hour periond it was 263 caches by these cachers. They were hoping for 275.

http://www.nefga.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=20708&

firefighterjake
05-17-2006, 12:05 PM
As mentioned by others I can't imagine doing that many caches would be much fun . . . I'm guessing that there were not very many scenic caches or long walks (shoot, sounds like there were not many short walks either).

Personally, I would rather do a handful and remember each and every one then do a blitz like this and not be able to remember #5 from #112. When I cache (even on my geocaching blitz-days -- every third weekend since that's when I have a whole day to myself since Heidi works) I'm able to remember each and every cache and to me that's what makes geocaching great. But then again, this is just me.

WhereRWe?
05-17-2006, 06:16 PM
Not sure what our personal best is (Sheesh! Who worries about the numbers? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ), but we grabbed 15 today in southern Masachusetts and Rhode Island, and only ONE was an "urban micro". :D :D

(Hey! There are some BEAUTIFUL parks in southern Rhode Island. We're glad we came.)

LaughingTerry
05-18-2006, 12:54 AM
I did 19 today and not a one was a micro. In fact most were in the woods. I must have walked 6 or 8 miles throughout the day. A lot of fun though, especially with all the flooding around Concord.

brdad
05-28-2006, 05:35 AM
Msteelee and me beat our old record onf 11 Maine caches in a day and jumped up to 24, most of them got in the micro capital of Maine (Lewiston). We didn';t push real hard, even hit a few yard sales in the process. Why isn't there a yard sale locationless? :D I must admit, I'm not as proud of those 24 as I am of my first record of 11 in a day, which was in the Boothbay area. Some micros may be hard to find, but some are very predictable, and not having to walk even a quarter mile to a cache sure cuts down on the time it takes to do them.

d’76
07-16-2006, 02:17 AM
Mrs. Hiram and I just did 20 caches in one day! This is a new record for us, we drove down to lewiston today and just about "Micro Cached" ourselves to death. I was just curious as to what other people had for personal best records... :D

Girlmate and I picked up Mainiac1957 today in Rumsford and cached our way to the MGA event and on the way there and home we picked up 27 my new record. THat was alot. At one point it was so hot that we decided to just sit in the car and enjoy the ac

Hiram357
07-16-2006, 10:14 AM
Girlmate and I picked up Mainiac1957 today in Rumsford and cached our way to the MGA event and on the way there and home we picked up 27 my new record. THat was alot. At one point it was so hot that we decided to just sit in the car and enjoy the ac

27!!! AT ONE TIME!!!! :eek: :eek:

hahaha... *cough*

uhhh heh sorry I couldn't resist...

Congrats on that impressive venture! :D

WhereRWe?
07-16-2006, 12:10 PM
27!!! AT ONE TIME!!!! :eek: :eek:

Sheesh! That must have been SOME parking lot! LOL!

Beach Comber
07-16-2006, 03:59 PM
My personal best was the day I went caching and had an awesome time!!

WhereRWe?
07-16-2006, 05:25 PM
My personal best was the day I went caching and had an awesome time!!

You mean there were times you went caching and DIDN'T have an awesome time? LOL! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Beach Comber
07-16-2006, 06:03 PM
Good point - I should have said personal bests and days - definitely make that plural!! It includes them all!!

Quoddy
07-16-2006, 06:17 PM
Reading all this makes me feel like a slacker this weekend. The REAL Quoddy and I did 10 yesterday before the thunderstorms rolled through and 7 today in 95 degree heat (I think he was game to go on, but I wasn't). Although not near our record days, it was a fairly typical weekend.

Hiram357
07-16-2006, 07:40 PM
Reading all this makes me feel like a slacker this weekend. The REAL Quoddy and I did 10 yesterday before the thunderstorms rolled through and 7 today in 95 degree heat (I think he was game to go on, but I wasn't). Although not near our record days, it was a fairly typical weekend.

just remember that every find is another find, and ya know what that means... more numbers! for uhh... those that might care about numbers... :D :rolleyes:

Northwoods Explorer
07-17-2006, 12:53 PM
We did 25 the other day that included 5 FTF's and had one DNF due to lightening. We did it on a 45 km bike ride around Fredericton in a loop. 7 were historical, two interesting caves/tunnels. There were 4 micros and we managed to pickup 4 new icons from Geocoins. Found several great containers, a bolt in a guardrail, lipstick container, fake stone in a rockwall and a light switch. Gives me some great ideas for containers. While the day was long we did have a good time. We can do twice as many on bike as in a car and take more time at them.