View Full Version : Geo-Jeep Rally

Hiram357
05-19-2006, 03:28 PM
Well as said in the thread about the MGA Geo-Rally, there are those of us that are considering a Jeep Geo Rally, going after off road caches. I don't think it would be a race like event though, as i think it is more fun to go off roading in groups. How many people would be interested in doing something like this??

chinacachers
05-19-2006, 03:55 PM
Count us in!!! :) ;)

tat
05-19-2006, 05:07 PM
i'll tace you on my moutain bike! :)

Seriously though, I would be interested in trying to bike the same course.

Hiram357
05-19-2006, 05:12 PM
i'll tace you on my moutain bike! :)

Seriously though, I would be interested in trying to bike the same course.

well, im getting a roof rack for my jeep, so if ya get tired we can just throw it on top... sorry no warranties if jeep rolls over...:D

becket
05-19-2006, 05:24 PM
i don't have a jeep or anything with 4 wheel drive, but i would love to do this!

Hiram357
05-19-2006, 05:33 PM
well im sure those of us with 4x4s could spare some room, I have 2 seats that would be available.

I suggest that anyone wanting to participate have something capable of doing some nasty stuff... Stock jeeps are good, Jake says his 4 runner is good, land rovers (the old style) are more than adequate (the new ones just dont have it anymore) I wouldn't try it with a suby or anything with a low clearance (don't get me wrong I love the suby's but I wanna do some fun stuff, not just dirt roads... which leads to my next question... does anyone know of good 4x4 cahes that are in a general area??? the ones ive done that were fun with 4x4 have been the "ice man" "hedgehog hill" and i think it was "blueberry hill" it was one of jakes, those were all fun for 5 minute rides to the top, but I'm lookin for somethin a bit longer more outta the way. There's gotta be some good ones up north... if not, i think we should change this to a Jeep Cache Placing Rally... we can drive out to the middle of nowhere and hide a cache... :D

The G Team
05-19-2006, 05:33 PM
The XJs will lead the way! I suppose we'll have to allow non-Jeepers too, eh?

Ideas for caches?

I haven't done any *real* hardcore ones, but Foster's solitude was a little challenging for a stock XJ (Cherokee to you non-Jeep types ;-).

Way more than a 5 minute ride, and lots of other nice country up that way and quite a few caches.

Hiram357
05-19-2006, 05:35 PM

Ideas for caches?

I haven't done any *real* hardcore ones, but Hedgehog hill and Foster's solitude were a little challenging.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

hedghog hill is short and sweet... but geeze we could probably only fit 2 jeeps up there at a time, where's fosters solitude?

Sudonim
05-19-2006, 05:39 PM
Blue Sky Golden Dreams GCKN57 fits the bill.
Depending on how wet the ground is... "The Living End" GC6438 is right near by.
You don't need 4WD, but "Chillin' with the Troll King" GCTRAR is right between them, posted on 3/6/06 and I'm the only one that's tried to find it! Might need your wading boots for it.

The G Team
05-19-2006, 05:39 PM
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=d62967c9-2825-4840-bcba-1a36339cf6c7

The G Team
05-19-2006, 05:42 PM
Foster's is off Rt. 16 in Bingham, up towards Austin Pond and the Backscatter RADAR. It is quite a ways back in there, then another 5-6 miles off the "main" dirt road--4x4 required! From there, you can go hundreds of miles on dirt--up to Rockwood is cool, stop in Greenville, hit the B-52 crash cache, go thru Kokadjo t o the Golden road, stop at Ripogenous dam, and head down to Millinocket (or take a left and end up on the Canadian border).

WhereRWe?
05-19-2006, 05:53 PM
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=d62967c9-2825-4840-bcba-1a36339cf6c7

Sheesh! Only 3 cachers been there since you were there in July 2005! LOL!

RULOST2? and I made it in Aug 2004 in the old GOCACHE Explorer. Rough ride, though. Can't imagine what the road is like now... :eek: :eek:

WhereRWe?
05-19-2006, 05:55 PM
Foster's is off Rt. 16 in Bingham, up towards Austin Pond and the Backscatter RADAR. It is quite a ways back in there, then another 5-6 miles off the "main" dirt road--4x4 required! From there, you can go hundreds of miles on dirt--up to Rockwood is cool, stop in Greenville, hit the B-52 crash cache, go thru Kokadjo t o the Golden road, stop at Ripogenous dam, and head down to Millinocket (or take a left and end up on the Canadian border).

The back road from Shirley Mills to Greenville Junction is a great trip, too. Don't think there are any caches on that stretch, though. (Hint, hint...) :D

firefighterjake
05-19-2006, 06:54 PM
I'd be interested as long as things aren't too intense . . . i.e. up to the floorboards in mud. Rutted up backroads would be OK though.

Hiram . . . talk to me sometime. I have a couple of possible caches (ones that I want to do) that would be perfect for what you're thinking about doing. One doesn't bother me at all . . . the other is one where I think I wouldn't mind having someone else along with a tow rope/winch . . . just in case things get too hairy.

Hiram . . . as mentioned by Found my Thrill cache and Book-nobile are short and sweet 4WD-able caches. Maybe if we could combine a few others in the area???

firefighterjake
05-19-2006, 06:58 PM
Just adding to some thoughts . . . this sounds kind of fun . . . especially if it's more of a group effort rally sort of thing with the idea being "the journey is as exciting as the end."

Sudonim also has a cache on Mt. Waldo . . . but I must admit that I was a bit too timid to take the 4Runner up . . . especially since it was a wet day and the rocks were slick.

WhereRWe?
05-19-2006, 07:04 PM
Hiram . . . as mentioned by Found my Thrill cache and Book-nobile are short and sweet 4WD-able caches. Maybe if we could combine a few others in the area???

We checked out the Book-nobile cache a few weeks ago (March?) and decided that the road was too nasty. Is it navigable now? :) :)

Hiram357
05-19-2006, 07:18 PM
We checked out the Book-nobile cache a few weeks ago (March?) and decided that the road was too nasty. Is it navigable now? :) :) march?? jeeze i think i did that one back in february after the snow storm... the ice on the brook was wicked cool, theres pics of it posted in my gallery.

Hiram357
05-19-2006, 07:21 PM
how many would still be interested if we turned this into an overnight event?? play around by the fosters solitude cache, hit a few in the area, head up to greenville, camp out at lilly bay, then hit a few more the next day???

Hiram357
05-19-2006, 07:24 PM
I'd be interested as long as things aren't too intense . . . i.e. up to the floorboards in mud. Rutted up backroads would be OK though.

Hiram . . . talk to me sometime. I have a couple of possible caches (ones that I want to do) that would be perfect for what you're thinking about doing. One doesn't bother me at all . . . the other is one where I think I wouldn't mind having someone else along with a tow rope/winch . . . just in case things get too hairy.

dont worry, i get nervous in really deep mud, i hate the thought of not being able to get out, especially since i dont have a winch yet, im lookin more for the back loggin road and hill climb stuff (i love the hill climb stuff)

The G Team
05-19-2006, 09:38 PM
I'd be in for an overnighter! BTW, Hiram, there was a nice looking white late model XJ with an ARB bumper at the JFK mall this afternoon--wasn't yours was it?

LaughingTerry
05-20-2006, 12:32 AM
HEY!!!
Can I bring my Subaru?????
Just ask Shewolf, It really goes about anywhere. The only problem I have is ground clearance.

LaughingTerry
05-20-2006, 12:47 AM
I wouldn't try it with a suby or anything with a low clearance (don't get me wrong I love the suby's but I wanna do some fun stuff, not just dirt roads... :D

OK go drive up to Parrot Siding Cache (GCQDH6 (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=a63b9591-c39c-4290-a035-73de6a447c6f&log=y&decrypt=)) and then tell me what my Suby can't do. LOL I drove to within 200 feet of that cache and have the pictures in my log to prove it. LOL

firefighterjake
05-20-2006, 06:17 AM
We checked out the Book-nobile cache a few weeks ago (March?) and decided that the road was too nasty. Is it navigable now? :) :)

If I remember correctly you have a 4WD SUV . . . and if so, you should have no problem. Of course I usually do this on my ATV.:D

firefighterjake
05-20-2006, 06:19 AM
how many would still be interested if we turned this into an overnight event?? play around by the fosters solitude cache, hit a few in the area, head up to greenville, camp out at lilly bay, then hit a few more the next day???

Sign me up . . . providing the date works.

Trezurs*-R-*Fun
05-20-2006, 07:39 AM
OK go drive up to Parrot Siding Cache (GCQDH6 (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=a63b9591-c39c-4290-a035-73de6a447c6f&log=y&decrypt=)) and then tell me what my Suby can't do. LOL I drove to within 200 feet of that cache and have the pictures in my log to prove it. LOL

Haffy drove his Geo in there, what does that say about the old geo!!??? LOL

Hiram357
05-20-2006, 03:38 PM
I'd be in for an overnighter! BTW, Hiram, there was a nice looking white late model XJ with an ARB bumper at the JFK mall this afternoon--wasn't yours was it?

that probably was mine :D

Hiram357
05-20-2006, 03:39 PM
Haffy drove his Geo in there, what does that say about the old geo!!??? LOL

hehe, it doesnt say much for the terrain thats for sure... :rolleyes: :p :D

Hiram357
05-20-2006, 03:40 PM
soooo now we need to set a date, possibly start on a saturday end on a sunday...

brdad
05-20-2006, 03:46 PM
I miss my Jeep. Reguardless, will anyone pay me $100 not to go?:D :D

Hiram357
05-20-2006, 03:47 PM
I miss my Jeep. Reguardless, will anyone pay me $100 not to go?:D :D why would you need to be paid to not go??

Hiram357
05-20-2006, 03:50 PM
How are these dates?? June 17/18 June 24/25 July 15/16 July 22/23

brdad
05-20-2006, 03:59 PM
why would you need to be paid to not go??

You'd be surprised how often I am paid not to be somewhere!

It was just a continuation of my joke for the other rally thread...

Hiram357
05-20-2006, 04:02 PM
You'd be surprised how often I am paid not to be somewhere!

It was just a continuation of my joke for the other rally thread...

Ahhhh.... how bout you just give me $100 and I'll let you not be there :D

The G Team
05-20-2006, 04:08 PM
How are these dates?? June 17/18 June 24/25 July 15/16 July 22/23

June 17/18 is Ricks BBQ. I vote for one of the dates in July--doesn't matter winch ;-)

Hiram357
05-20-2006, 04:13 PM
June 17/18 is Ricks BBQ. I vote for one of the dates in July--doesn't matter winch ;-)

ahhh good point scratch that one

so then July 15/16 or July 22/23

The G Team
05-20-2006, 05:34 PM
Either date is great with us. I am psyched! I will advise that you put a heavy coat of wax on your nice paint or you might end up with some Pine Tree Pinstriping on Fosters! There are so many ways to go--Indian Pond is a nice ride, as is Moxie Pond. Are we thinking about putting out a new cache or two for the event? It's too bad the old Road Kill Cafe in Greenville is gone--that was a favorite destination--Bambi on a bun, a side of Cattails and a yard of ale--yum!

Cache Maine
05-20-2006, 05:54 PM
It's too bad the old Road Kill Cafe in Greenville is gone--that was a favorite destination--Bambi on a bun, a side of Cattails and a yard of ale--yum!

Those owners now operate another restaurant in Greenville called The Black Frog (http://www.theblackfrog.com/). (Last I knew anyway.) Same type of menu, the Moose Balls, the Chicken that didn't make it across the road, Moosehead Mis-Steak.

Here's a little preview of their "Top 10:" :)

THE TOP TEN
Answers To The Most Frequently Asked Questions:

1. A deer becomes a moose at age 4.
2. Yes, there are lobsters in Moosehead Lake but they are very small.
3. We know all about the Road Kill Cafe but we're tired of talking about it. If you insist, the bartender can give you the details.
4. 38 below zero.
5. No.
6. A little over 6"
7. 32 miles long, 300 islands and 518 miles of shoreline.
8. It burned - get over it.
9. Yes, you can get there from here but you won't like it.
10. That's not how you pronounce Kokadjo.

The G Team
05-20-2006, 06:23 PM
So, lunch at The Black Frog it is!

WhereRWe?
05-20-2006, 06:27 PM
Those owners now operate another restaurant in Greenville called The Black Frog (http://www.theblackfrog.com/). (Last I knew anyway.) Same type of menu, the Moose Balls, the Chicken that didn't make it across the road, Moosehead Mis-Steak.

Here's a little preview of their "Top 10:" :)

THE TOP TEN
Answers To The Most Frequently Asked Questions:

1. A deer becomes a moose at age 4.
2. Yes, there are lobsters in Moosehead Lake but they are very small.
3. We know all about the Road Kill Cafe but we're tired of talking about it. If you insist, the bartender can give you the details.
4. 38 below zero.
5. No.
6. A little over 6"
7. 32 miles long, 300 islands and 518 miles of shoreline.
8. It burned - get over it.
9. Yes, you can get there from here but you won't like it.
10. That's not how you pronounce Kokadjo.

LOL! We loved the Road Kill Cafe - I remember the Chicken that Didn't Cross the Road! We're planning on a caching trip to this area on Monday to try out our new Garmin GPSMap 60csx, so we'll have lunch here.

Team2hunt
05-20-2006, 08:54 PM

If we're headed to 4 wheel heaven......I mean Greenville area. How about taking the kayaks and doing Indian Pond? FFFramers Underwater Railroad.
Hiram, I'm startin to warm up to you now. The Team Tahoe has plenty of room too. Both inside and under it.:rolleyes:

Team2hunt
05-20-2006, 08:58 PM
ahhh good point scratch that one

so then July 15/16 or July 22/23

Either is ok with the Team. I have all my weekends off this summer.

Hiram357
05-20-2006, 09:58 PM
So how bout we agree on the 22/23rd of July... Is this ok with everyone?? if yes... then we need to start planning a route... like I said Lilly Bay St Park up on Moosehead is a great place, nice accomodations, plenty of outta the way tent sites (and sad to say but this may be one of the last summers that we can enjoy the undeveloped area)

Hiram357
05-20-2006, 10:01 PM
If we're headed to 4 wheel heaven......I mean Greenville area. How about taking the kayaks and doing Indian Pond? FFFramers Underwater Railroad.
Hiram, I'm startin to warm up to you now. The Team Tahoe has plenty of room too. Both inside and under it.:rolleyes:

well I dont own watercraft, so that puts me outta the game for those ones, but we could split up into teams geo-land and geo-amphibious and then meet up later at the campsite... those that want to do water can do water, and those that want to find ways to spend money on vehicle repairs can go do the land caches... and then party later...:D :D :D

firefighterjake
05-20-2006, 10:11 PM

I'm not much of a kayaker, but this definitely sounds appealing to me since the Underwater RR looks pretty neat.

firefighterjake
05-20-2006, 10:14 PM
So how bout we agree on the 22/23rd of July... Is this ok with everyone?? if yes... then we need to start planning a route... like I said Lilly Bay St Park up on Moosehead is a great place, nice accomodations, plenty of outta the way tent sites (and sad to say but this may be one of the last summers that we can enjoy the undeveloped area)

Someone needs to remind me a week or two before this date . . . I'll know better when the date is closer if this is a go for me or not.

firefighterjake
05-20-2006, 10:17 PM
well I dont own watercraft, so that puts me outta the game for those ones, but we could split up into teams geo-land and geo-amphibious and then meet up later at the campsite... those that want to do water can do water, and those that want to find ways to spend money on vehicle repairs can go do the land caches... and then party later...:D :D :D

If you need a canoe I could lend you one . . . I need to get some paddles and lifevests though since the ones I had are probably halfway to Portugal by now (i.e. I believe I posted about my fiddleheading misadventure from last Spring. I lost that canoe, but I won another one when McCormicks opened up the "supermarket" in town.)

The G Team
05-20-2006, 10:30 PM

Sounds good! We've already got many of the caches in that area, but don't mind visiting them again. I guess we should list the "must visits" and go from there. Do we need reservations for Lily bay? Fire permits?

Hiram357
05-20-2006, 10:48 PM
Sounds good! We've already got many of the caches in that area, but don't mind visiting them again. I guess we should list the "must visits" and go from there. Do we need reservations for Lily bay? Fire permits?

fire permits no, they have concrete fire pits at each tent site (this is one of the nicest parks ive ever camped at, if it wasnt for the little woodland creatures scratchin at the tent in the middle of the night and the loons goin at it... and i mean really going at it until 2 in the morning! then stopping for 5 minutes and going until 530 in the morning!! this place could easily be mistaken for an outdoor hotel...) theres places to launch your boat, go fishin, take a shower, the roads are nice gravel, the place is very well kept, and the sites are spread out far enough you dont feel like youre in a trailer park. but i think we should take a head count on everyone that will need a site and someone should call ahead and make reservations to make sure we have enough sites.

The G Team
05-21-2006, 01:10 PM
Lily Bay is filling up fast!

Here's the link to on-line reservations:

http://www.state.me.us/doc/parks/reservations/availability/lily.html

We'll need to book soon! :eek:

Hiram357
05-21-2006, 04:45 PM
Lily Bay is filling up fast!

Here's the link to on-line reservations:

http://www.state.me.us/doc/parks/reservations/availability/lily.html

We'll need to book soon! :eek:

Ok so we need to find out how many tents well have, I'll have one, we can probably fit two tents to a site

should we reserve a bunch at once or have everyone responsible for their own? i think it would be best if we reserved a few at one time.

Hiram357
05-21-2006, 04:47 PM
anyone have any other suggestions for places to camp out if lilly bay isnt available??

Hiram357
05-21-2006, 04:51 PM
it also says this about the # of people allowed at one site....

Campsite occupancy will be limited to one camping party defined as:

a family consisting of parent(s) and/or guardian(s) and any number of their unmarried children, or a maximum of six (6) individuals, including children;

one (1) R.V., trailer, camper van or slide-in camper allowed per per campsite;

not more than two motor vehicles, including the visitor's vehicle.

The G Team
05-21-2006, 06:21 PM
Hmmm...they also say no beer. Perhaps we should reconsider this venue? :D

Hiram357
05-21-2006, 06:28 PM
Hmmm...they also say no beer. Perhaps we should reconsider this venue? :D

i look past the beverage ban just for the fact that the place is so nice... but i do agree, and seeing that schedule of reservations they have.... i think we need to find a new geo-base location as well.

also something that would be useful... how many people have 2way radios??

Hiram357
05-21-2006, 06:29 PM
I'm in the chat room now... so if anyone wants to come in and discuss the venture...

MAD-MUFFIN
05-21-2006, 06:42 PM
Bronco 2's can go more places than Jeep Cherokee's ever thought of. You should get a good look of my B2 at the Pig Roast in June. If not my new TB will be there.

The G Team
05-21-2006, 06:47 PM
Bronco 2's can go more places than Jeep Cherokee's ever thought of. You should get a good look of my B2 at the Pig Roast in June. If not my new TB will be there.

What!!!!

I've had to B2s, an '85 and an '86--just resurrected the '86 for my plow truck this winter. We'll have to see what it will do!

Now, I could bring my FSB with Skyjacker lift, 35" BFG muds, 4.56 gears, Detriot locker/front LS, and a built 425 ci Stroker. That will go places! :D

Hiram357
05-21-2006, 06:55 PM
I'm not gunna pull a ford around all day....

WhereRWe?
05-21-2006, 06:56 PM
anyone have any other suggestions for places to camp out if lilly bay isnt available??

We've visited the site a couple of time visiting friends, and although we've never personally camped there, I've heard very good reports about Casey's Spencer Bay Camps (http://www.caseysspencerbaycamps.com/)

:D :D

Hiram357
05-21-2006, 07:11 PM
Ok, We need a head count of how many people, vehicles, and tents were gunna have. So if you're gunna join us, Let us know yesterday. :)

The G Team
05-22-2006, 06:13 PM
We've visited the site a couple of time visiting friends, and although we've never personally camped there, I've heard very good reports about Casey's Spencer Bay Camps (http://www.caseysspencerbaycamps.com/)

Well, I don't think the lady at Spencer Bay sounded too thrilled about having a bunch of Geocachers for the night. She did caution me that "Paper Companies" might not like us using their dirt roads to drive around on :eek: She was very quick, though, to give me phone numbers of competing campgrounds, which was nice.

WhereRWe?
05-22-2006, 06:26 PM
Well, I don't think the lady at Spencer Bay sounded too thrilled about having a bunch of Geocachers for the night. She did caution me that "Paper Companies" might not like us using their dirt roads to drive around on :eek: She was very quick, though, to give me phone numbers of competing campgrounds, which was nice.

Sheesh! What an attitude! The paper companies don't give a rat's behind who uses their roads - as long as they don't damage them and respect GATED roads.

Well, I gues I'm sorry I recommended them... :o :o

Hiram357
05-22-2006, 06:50 PM

maybe we should treat it delicately like the allagash and drive skiddahs... :D

d’76
05-22-2006, 06:51 PM
maybe we should treat it delicately like the allagash and drive skiddahs... :D

:D :D :D :D

Pooh and friends
05-22-2006, 07:30 PM

Yup, someone has to pull/push the jeeps when they get in over their heads!!:p

Hiram357
05-22-2006, 07:36 PM
Yup, someone has to pull/push the jeeps when they get in over their heads!!:p

as long as it's not too thick and ya got a snorkel on the jeep, goin in over your head for a few seconds wouldnt hurt... much... :D :D :D

The G Team
05-22-2006, 09:01 PM
Sheesh! What an attitude! The paper companies don't give a rat's behind who uses their roads - as long as they don't damage them and respect GATED roads.

Well, I gues I'm sorry I recommended them... :o :o

Well, I said we'd need 4 to 8 sites for the night--I didn't offer up what we were doing, but she wanted to know. Made sure she knew we were from heah, but that didn't seem to matter. I'm sure it's a nice place, but I think we'll have to look elsewhere.

firefighterjake
05-23-2006, 06:07 AM
Well, I said we'd need 4 to 8 sites for the night--I didn't offer up what we were doing, but she wanted to know. Made sure she knew we were from heah, but that didn't seem to matter. I'm sure it's a nice place, but I think we'll have to look elsewhere.

You should've told her you were bringing in your old "frat" brothers for a reunion party and you each were bringing in 10 cases of Budweiser and by the way, would it be a problem if there was a live rock band playing until 11 p.m. at campsite #7. :D Then it may have been OK.;)

The G Team
05-23-2006, 08:06 AM
You should've told her you were bringing in your old "frat" brothers for a reunion party and you each were bringing in 10 cases of Budweiser and by the way, would it be a problem if there was a live rock band playing until 11 p.m. at campsite #7. :D Then it may have been OK.;)

Ha ha--perhaps I should have booked us as the Kennedy party. :D

Disclaimer: That was probably insensitive and not politically correct--if the above statement offends you, please erase it from your memory. Thank you and have a nice day.

Hiram357
05-23-2006, 03:30 PM
Ha ha--perhaps I should have booked us as the Kennedy party. :D

Disclaimer: That was probably insensitive and not politically correct--if the above statement offends you, please erase it from your memory. Thank you and have a nice day.

geeze man... all i can say about that comment is... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Hiram357
05-23-2006, 04:12 PM
Ok, so GPSFUN denied the 4x4 Geo Rally as a cache event. But that won't stop us from having it (I think that I and the G-Team are pretty set on that) Sooo... If you would like to join us the requirements will be...

1. An off road capable 4x4 vehicle
2. Overnight camping supplies (it looks like were staying at a campsite off of 201)
3. Your neccesary supplies for surviving 2 days away from home (and the computer! :eek: )

We're still working out the details of the trip, but a head count would be extremely helpful! If you plan on joining us please let us know before the end of May.

We will be meeting at the Big Stop resturaunt in Fairfield Saturday July 22nd at 6:00AM (that's in the morning) The coords for the resturaunt are,

N 44° 37.145 W 069° 35.449

d’76
05-23-2006, 04:15 PM
Ok, so GPSFUN denied the 4x4 Geo Rally as a cache event. But that won't stop us from having it (I think that I and the G-Team are pretty set on that) Sooo... If you would like to join us the requirements will be...

1. An off road capable 4x4 vehicle
2. Overnight camping supplies (it looks like were staying at a campsite off of 201)
3. Your neccesary supplies for surviving 2 days away from home (and the computer! :eek: )

We're still working out the details of the trip, but a head count would be extremely helpful! If you plan on joining us please let us know before the end of May.

We will be meeting at the Big Stop resturaunt in Fairfield Saturday July 22nd at 6:00AM (that's in the morning) The coords for the resturaunt are,

N 44° 37.145 W 069° 35.449

It was really denied as a cache event???

Mainiac1957
05-23-2006, 04:40 PM
I may possibly be interested in this event, but I won't be taking my Vue on the Jeep trails. So I guess I'd be having to be a rider during the off road parts of the trip. Still to early for me to commit. My summer plans are way to up in the air right now. I am interested however.

The G Team
05-23-2006, 05:47 PM
It was really denied as a cache event???

We just didn't put quite the right spin on it--I think we'll try it again (GPSFUN was very helpful with hints).

The G Team
05-23-2006, 05:50 PM
I may possibly be interested in this event, but I won't be taking my Vue on the Jeep trails. So I guess I'd be having to be a rider during the off road parts of the trip. Still to early for me to commit. My summer plans are way to up in the air right now. I am interested however.

Brad, it will be deja vu all over again--same camping spot as our last Rt. 201 excursion (let's not re-enact the "fire starting" incident), though this time we'll be heading East from there.

Hiram357
05-23-2006, 06:06 PM
yeah... I don't think GPSFUN likes me

Trezurs*-R-*Fun
05-23-2006, 06:09 PM

Who does????? LOL :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

WhereRWe?
05-23-2006, 06:10 PM

LOL! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

d’76
05-23-2006, 06:20 PM

:D :D :p:p :p

becket
05-23-2006, 06:40 PM

:D :D :D LOL

The G Team
05-23-2006, 06:48 PM
LOL! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Bruce, did you guys check out The Black Frog? Thinking that would be a good place to meet for lunch.

WhereRWe?
05-23-2006, 07:22 PM
Bruce, did you guys check out The Black Frog? Thinking that would be a good place to meet for lunch.

I saw what Cameoooooo said, and if it's basically the same as the old "Road Kill Cafe", it should be good. I clicked on the link she provided, but nothing came up. Here's a link (http://www.theblackfrog.com/bf_home.html) that worked for me.

We're probably going to be in that area on Friday, so we'll stop by for lunch and give you an update.

I note that one of the menu items is "Chicken Toes". Kinda makes you wonder, but if you've lived in the south, you'll know that you can get REAL chicken feet in most supermarkets!

(Sheesh - with all the complaining about the crowding at the last WWWWWW event maybe we shopuld have the next winter event here.) ;) ;)

firefighterjake
05-24-2006, 08:22 AM

Sounds like Hiram needs a little cheering up and a little loving . . . I know a lovely little cache on Rt. 1 between Bucksport and Ellsworth that I can recommend. . . .;) :D :eek:

d’76
05-24-2006, 08:27 AM
Sounds like Hiram needs a little cheering up and a little loving . . . I know a lovely little cache on Rt. 1 between Bucksport and Ellsworth that I can recommend. . . .;) :D :eek:

UGHHHH...

Dont encourage him. I think that the little woman might frown on that.:D

Sudonim
05-24-2006, 12:26 PM
UGHHHH...

When I did that cache, I didn't see any women. :eek:

d’76
05-24-2006, 12:41 PM

One of them has to be the woman:D :p

firefighterjake
05-24-2006, 01:12 PM

Nope all men . . . only men . . . men with inquiring minds.

OK, we are getting sidetracked again.

Hiram . . . when it gets closer to the date let me know . . . I can't commit to anything right now, but this sounds like fun . . . even though you know I'm not much into group events.

d’76
05-24-2006, 01:38 PM
Nope all men . . . only men . . . men with inquiring minds.

OK, we are getting sidetracked again.

Hiram . . . when it gets closer to the date let me know . . . I can't commit to anything right now, but this sounds like fun . . . even though you know I'm not much into group events.

Could you be more specific on exactly what we are talking about. The whole Ellsworth thing and now group events and all men stuff has got me thinking this is not a good place to hang out any more.:p

The G Team
05-24-2006, 01:57 PM
Could you be more specific on exactly what we are talking about. The whole Ellsworth thing and now group events and all men stuff has got me thinking this is not a good place to hang out any more.:p

Our First (and possibly last) Annual Northern Maine 4x4 Geo Ralley will take place on July 22-23. Deluxe accomadations will cost $6 per person--the camping area is located near miles of scenic wilderness and close to the majestic Kennebec River (also, about 20 yards from Rt. 201--but don't tell anyone).

I am reworking Hirams's event cache description to (in case GPSFUN is reading) better detail the educational and caching safety training aspects of this event.

More details to follow shortly, but it will be a fun time!

WhereRWe?
05-24-2006, 03:44 PM
Our First (and possibly last) Annual Northern Maine 4x4 Geo Ralley will take place on July 22-23. Deluxe accomadations will cost $6 per person--the camping area is located near miles of scenic wilderness and close to the majestic Kennebec River (also, about 20 yards from Rt. 201--but don't tell anyone).

Hmmm... What camping area is this? :) :)

The G Team
05-24-2006, 03:56 PM
Hmmm... What camping area is this? :) :)

Notice I said "area", not "campground". We have parking space, tent space, restroom facilities, a fire pit and no rules against adult beverages (in moderation). We have stayed here before and it worked out well. The erie howl of the wild Canadian pulp trucks Jake brake will lull even the lightest of sleepers quickly into dreamland. Not bad for 6 smackers--eh? :D

Hiram357
05-24-2006, 06:12 PM

UGHHHH...

Wow.... who needs enemies with friends like you guys... HEY! Who wants to throw hand gernades at me while I run around in a chicken suit with my feet tied together! ***SIGH*** :(

Hiram357
05-24-2006, 06:13 PM
Notice I said "area", not "campground". We have parking space, tent space, restroom facilities, a fire pit and no rules against adult beverages (in moderation). We have stayed here before and it worked out well. The erie howl of the wild Canadian pulp trucks Jake brake will lull even the lightest of sleepers quickly into dreamland. Not bad for 6 smackers--eh? :D

**sniff** you had me at adult beverages.... :D It's a real outdoor backwooks no sally folk allowed kinda campground... it's manly yes, and I like it too... :rolleyes: :eek:

Sudonim
05-24-2006, 07:21 PM
Wow.... who needs enemies with friends like you guys... HEY! Who wants to throw hand gernades at me while I run around in a chicken suit with my feet tied together! ***SIGH*** :(

This chicken suit...if we squeeze you, will an egg pop out? I seem to have seen some of those chickens lately:p

d’76
05-24-2006, 07:48 PM

Oh man, Your not going to go all super sensitve and over reactive on us are you, cause man that would just blow. Although throwing hand gernades at you in a chicken suit does sound well kinda cool. Now that would be an interesting event.:D :D :D :D :D :D :p :p :p :p :p :p

pjpreb
05-24-2006, 07:51 PM
Let me know when there is a Mustang rally ;)

d’76
05-24-2006, 07:54 PM

Who wants to rally with horses?:D

The G Team
05-24-2006, 07:56 PM

Mustangs are welcome--don't know about the ground clearance, though. Bring it on up--the General Lee always did pretty well on dirt roads. :D