View Full Version : Slipping into summer cache 2006(pig roast)

attroll
03-14-2006, 12:41 PM
http://www.geocaching.com/images/WptTypes/6.gif (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=deb276d1-6c1f-4b1d-8148-58b9c1b09343) Slipping into summer cache 2006(pig roast) (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=deb276d1-6c1f-4b1d-8148-58b9c1b09343)
by Blazing Trolls [profile (http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=2c34e207-9c0d-41de-8128-5031e72dc43d)]

<!--StartFragment -->In United States
Hidden: 6/17/2006
Use waypoint: GCTRM1 (what's this? (http://www.geocaching.com/about/glossary.aspx#waypoint))

(ratings out of 5 stars. 1 is easiest, 5 is hardest)
Difficulty: http://www.geocaching.com/images/stars/stars1.gif Terrain: http://www.geocaching.com/images/stars/stars1.gif
Easy to find. Just follow the GPS until you get within about 75 feet and you should be in front of the house.

<CENTER>http://www.geocachingmaine.org/images/Pig_roast.gif</CENTER>
Come between noon and 1 pm and stay as long as you like.

This caching event will be to try and get Maine geocachers together.
We know it is hard for the Maine cachers in southern Maine area to make it to the cache events in the Bangor area. So we are making an effort to help them make this event. We are trying something different this year. We are making this a pig roast. So come hungry. We will be roasting a whole pig on a rotisserie through out the morning for the afternoon event. We have a grill for those that would like to bring there own food to cook.

We have a fairly large back yard. We can set up a slip and slide on the small hill in the back yard for the children or adults. We have done this for family events and it was very successful. We will have a canopy tent ready to set up in case of rain. If the weather does look back we can also set up a large covered tarp area. But we don’t not want to think about the four letter word “rain”. We will add at least two new close caches in the area so they can be found before or after this event and left for future caching.

If you want to get here earlier and head out for some local caching then you can stop off here first and leave what you don’t want to carry around in your car. We can also set up an area if someone wants to tent here for the night.

If we get some tenters we can have a fire in the fire pit at night if it is not too windy. If you want to you can tent for the night and use our home as home base if you want to do some more caching the next day. If anyone is interested in bringing a tent and making this an overnighter event just let us know we have plenty of room. We would just like to have a head count for those wanting to spend the night. We will be having some type of breakfast the following morning so a head count would help.

We are also only one mile away from a bunch of lakes. There is a bridge just down the road that the local kids and adults use to jump from. It is only about 10 feet off the water.

For those that are interested I have a wireless router that can be turned on if they want to bring there laptops. I have moved the router so that the wireless connection will work better then what it did the last event.

We are very opened minded on what to have and do at this cache event.

Goals for this event include:
1. Sharing and showing others how to use a GPS.
2. Passing on helpful information for finding caches.
3. Demonstrating geocaching software and the pros and cons of different software.
4. Emphasizing LNT.
5. Discussing the procedures of hiding a cache.
6. Exchanging travel bus to move along.

And anything else that may come up.

Things to bring:
1. You and anyone interested in attending.
2. The food that you want to eat.
3. Chairs to sit in.
4. A good attitude.
5. Tent and sleeping gear if you plan on spending the night.
6. If you have an extra grill it might help.
7. Travel bugs to pass along. For anyone camping out for the night we will have a breakfast I in the morning. Consisting of pancakes and eggs and Orange Juice. We can make instant coffee. If someone brings a coffee maker then we can make real coffee. A head count for those spending the night would be nice. Please leave me email or post it here.

The wife has asked me to make recomandations for things that would be good to bring:

Any side dish you like to share.
Salads ie patatoe, macaroni, toss, pasta.
Chips.
Fruit.
Cookies.

Sudonim
03-14-2006, 05:20 PM
You can count me in Rick. I'll bring a "real" coffee maker and some Starbucks to load it with. I'll be bringing a tent and (hopefully) Pedalchick will be joining us too.

Hiram357
03-14-2006, 05:48 PM
I didn't feel like reading that big long description so instead i'll just get to the point... what about beer??

Mainiac1957
03-14-2006, 05:51 PM
I didn't feel like reading that big long description so instead i'll just get to the point... what about beer??
I will be bringing some ale, as I much prefer it to plain old beer.;)

FuddsGirls
03-14-2006, 05:59 PM
We are hoping to and planning on making this our first event. That'll be me, Mom and 2 "littler " girls. We will bring some kind of dessert to share and more I'm sure.

d’76
03-14-2006, 06:08 PM

Plain old beer he says, I thought that there was hope for him.

WhereRWe?
03-14-2006, 07:06 PM

ALE??? Now you're talking MY language! :D :D :D

Maybe if RULOST2? can get 2 days off, we'll bring the pop-up camper.

(No, Hiram, I will NOT bring the kegerator!!!) :p :p

The G Team
03-14-2006, 10:14 PM
You can count me in Rick. I'll bring a "real" coffee maker and some Starbucks to load it with. I'll be bringing a tent and (hopefully) Pedalchick will be joining us too.

What do you have for a coffee maker? I'm still saving my pennies for a Technivorm. I will bring along some of my home roasted coffee--some may find it more palatable than Charbucks ;-)

Hiram357
03-14-2006, 10:19 PM
:( no kegerator??? fine, then maybe i'll just make a batch of home brew....:p

ALE??? Now you're talking MY language! :D :D :D

Maybe if RULOST2? can get 2 days off, we'll bring the pop-up camper.

(No, Hiram, I will NOT bring the kegerator!!!) :p :p

Hiram357
03-14-2006, 10:21 PM

well when it comes to ales, i like white wheat ales, "allagash white" is one of my favorites, as well as just about all other ales on the shelf at Joka's :)

Sudonim
03-14-2006, 11:52 PM
What do you have for a coffee maker? I'm still saving my pennies for a Technivorm. I will bring along some of my home roasted coffee--some may find it more palatable than Charbucks ;-)

I Googled Technivorm, since I'd never heard of it. Pretty impressive machine, gets good reviews (it should get a good review for around $200!)
I just have my plain old Krups, makes a good cuppa, not great. Tends to burn on the hotplate if you leave it.

I think we have duelling discussions here, beer and coffee:D
Both good, but you can brew a serving of coffee a heck of a lot faster than you can brew a serving of beer (I've tried both)

Hiram357
03-15-2006, 01:06 AM
I Googled Technivorm, since I'd never heard of it. Pretty impressive machine, gets good reviews (it should get a good review for around $200!)
I just have my plain old Krups, makes a good cuppa, not great. Tends to burn on the hotplate if you leave it.

Both good, but you can brew a serving of coffee a heck of a lot faster than you can brew a serving of beer (I've tried both)

Duling beverages huh??? Well I bet I can drink more beers (and faster too) than you can drink coffee!!! :cool:

attroll
03-15-2006, 02:05 AM
Well if someone wants to buy a keg and bring it you are more then welcome. For Tink and I the pig, rotisserie and other odds and ends will clean us out on expenses. I will say this though. This is not an adult party to sit around and get drunk at. Later on after all the kids have gone to bed we can sit around the fire and have some brews. We can even do that with the kids up. You can drink moderatly and have fun with out getting drunk. But no one will drive away from here if they have had to much to drink.

The G Team
03-15-2006, 06:36 AM

True, even if you add in the time to roast your own greens. Right now I can only roast around 3oz. at a time, which takes around 15 minutes--my spring project is to build a roaster that can do at least 5lbs at a time.

The problem with most coffee makers is that they do not brew at the correct temperature (195 to 205 F, per the SCAA). Boiling water will overextract, resulting in a bitter brew, while cooler water will underextract the coffee's flavor components and result in a flat cup.

Perhaps I'll roast up a pound of Kona for the BBQ--yum!

WhereRWe?
03-15-2006, 07:24 AM

I can carry on a pretty good discussion about tea, if anyone is interested! :D

Hiram357
03-15-2006, 07:39 AM
WOW!! Just when I thought coffee couldn't get any more interesting!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

firefighterjake
03-15-2006, 09:32 AM
I'm more of a Moxie man myself, although I have been known to drink a Woodchuck apple cider once in a blue moon as well . . . there's not a whole lot you need to know with either of these drinks other than serve chilled and how to open the cap. :)

Sudonim
03-15-2006, 01:43 PM
Perhaps I'll roast up a pound of Kona for the BBQ--yum!

Mmmmmmmm, he said Kona:p

Hiram357
03-15-2006, 08:07 PM
Well if someone wants to buy a keg and bring it you are more then welcome. For Tink and I the pig, rotisserie and other odds and ends will clean us out on expenses. I will say this though. This is not an adult party to sit around and get drunk at. Later on after all the kids have gone to bed we can sit around the fire and have some brews. We can even do that with the kids up. You can drink moderatly and have fun with out getting drunk. But no one will drive away from here if they have had to much to drink.

Don't worry Rick!! Bruce is responsible!! :D:D:D

WhereRWe?
03-15-2006, 08:23 PM
Don't worry Rick!! Bruce is responsible!! :D:D:D

Yeah, but I was REAL disappointed when Rick said it's not an "adult party to sit around and get drunk at". Sheesh! Too bad you won't be able to attend, Hiram... :p :p

d’76
03-15-2006, 08:27 PM
Yeah, but I was REAL disappointed when Rick said it's not an "adult party to sit around and get drunk at". Sheesh! Too bad you won't be able to attend, Hiram... :p :p

I'm all for "adult" parties. I went to one in college and wow let me tell you, I saw things that I didnt even know where possible:D

Sudonim
03-15-2006, 08:50 PM
I'm all for "adult" parties. I went to one in college and wow let me tell you, I saw things that I didnt even know where possible:D

Are there any adults in this group???:D

Hiram357
03-15-2006, 09:04 PM

No big deal, I'll just handle this the way I did when I couldn't get into bars when I was in high school.... $50 to whoever opens the back door for me!

d’76
03-15-2006, 09:09 PM
No big deal, I'll just handle this the way I did when I couldn't get into bars when I was in high school.... $50 to whoever opens the back door for me!

I made that same proposition to a girl once. It didnt go over well

Cache Maine
03-16-2006, 08:09 AM
$50 to whoever opens the back door for me!

Can Hiram357 come through the good green door?!?!?!

The G Team
03-16-2006, 09:16 AM
Can Hiram357 come through the good green door?!?!?!

No, but his beer can. :D

SewN2Cachin'
03-16-2006, 12:01 PM
Thank you for planning this!! I intend to be there, this will be my first event cache....I can't wait to start associating some faces with names!!
I think I will bring some potato salad & maybe some other stuff, too.....
and I'll let you know with plenty of time, if I intend to camp out. I haven't decided as of yet.

firefighterjake
03-16-2006, 01:34 PM
Thank you for planning this!! I intend to be there, this will be my first event cache....I can't wait to start associating some faces with names!!
I think I will bring some potato salad & maybe some other stuff, too.....
and I'll let you know with plenty of time, if I intend to camp out. I haven't decided as of yet.

Welcome to geocachingmaine.org by the way . . . and long live the Brown Coats! :) (And if for some reason that last part made no sense to you please disregard it and chaulk it up to someone who simply watches way too much TV.)

FuddsGirls
03-16-2006, 06:35 PM
I feel better now, someone else will be new to an event(Serendipidity128). By the way, with all this talk of coffee and beer, how about some homemade Kahlua. I might be able to get a batch made for then.:D

WhereRWe?
03-16-2006, 06:52 PM
I feel better now, someone else will be new to an event(Serendipidity128). By the way, with all this talk of coffee and beer, how about some homemade Kahlua. I might be able to get a batch made for then.:D

Sounds like a plan! There was some homemade beer at ATTroll's last event, and although I didn't have a chance to sample it - I had to leave early - I understand some was pretty good. :D :D

Team2hunt
03-16-2006, 07:48 PM
The Team will be comin, and staying overnight. That's right!! Camping out, overnight in a tent. Just because you, Rick, think I won't. :p

shewolf7153
03-17-2006, 08:33 PM
I will mark this on my calendar. Sounds like a great time to me.

pjpreb
03-17-2006, 09:17 PM
Hey - this sounds like a blast! Never been to a pig roast before I'm not sure about beer though - it gets in your mouth and stuff...:D

Hiram357
03-18-2006, 12:10 AM
Hey - this sounds like a blast! Never been to a pig roast before I'm not sure about beer though - it gets in your mouth and stuff...:D

are you sure you're Irish??? cuz I don't know about your family, but in mine the beer totally skips the whole consumption through the mouth process and is fed into the blood stream by an IV...

MAD-MUFFIN
03-19-2006, 07:34 AM

IF YOU WANT I WILL TRY TO BREW UP A BATCH OF BEER FOR THE EVENT. JUST LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU WOULD BE INTERESTED IN. LIGHT, DARK, PORTER, STOUT. LET ME KNOW. BYO IS ALWAYS THE BEST!!!

WhereRWe?
03-19-2006, 08:07 AM
IF YOU WANT I WILL TRY TO BREW UP A BATCH OF BEER FOR THE EVENT. JUST LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU WOULD BE INTERESTED IN. LIGHT, DARK, PORTER, STOUT. LET ME KNOW. BYO IS ALWAYS THE BEST!!!

Um... One batch of EACH? LOL! (Just kidding - but for some reason I didn't get a chance to try one of your brews at the last event. I'll try and rectify that this time). :D :D

LaughingTerry
03-19-2006, 01:28 PM
As much as I would love to be there I doubt I can make it. Wrong time of year for me.:(

Hiram357
03-19-2006, 07:16 PM

Well, why don't you make a batch of each and we'll sample 1 or 6 of each, and we'll let you know what we like best. :D

firefighterjake
03-20-2006, 09:33 AM
Welcome to geocachingmaine.org by the way . . . and long live the Brown Coats! :) (And if for some reason that last part made no sense to you please disregard it and chaulk it up to someone who simply watches way too much TV.)

Oops . . . I read the name wrong . . . Serendipity is quite different from Serenity . . . my mistake.

Incidentally, thanks for the heads up on my cache clue for "Before Lizzie Borden" . . . I'll have to see if I can fix this so it can at least be read by geocachers.

MAD-MUFFIN
03-22-2006, 08:52 PM
Are there any adults in this group???:D

I HOPE NOT!!! No really kids are to be kept on short leash.....

MAD-MUFFIN
03-25-2006, 03:26 PM

I DID TRY MAKING A COFFEE BEER ONCE....... JUST DON'T TRY TO ADD CREAM AND SUGAR.

Hiram357
05-22-2006, 11:03 PM
6. Exchanging travel bus to move along.

wheels on the bus go round and round...

attroll
05-29-2006, 05:38 PM
Tink and I went out today in the ponds below the house. We have found 4 places to place caches for kayak and canoe caching only. The whole trip is 4.15 miles round trip if you just go in and out. We did it in 1 1/2 hours and we went real slow and were looking around. You can take more time or go for a longer trip at your leisure. We are going to place these caches out next weekend if all goes well so that they will be ready for our event.

What we are hoping is that everyone will bring a kayak/canoe that is spending the night and on Sunday morning we will all head out and paddle to these caches. For those that do not spend the night you can always come back the next morning and meet us for the trip.

Do we have any takers.

kayakerinme
05-29-2006, 05:46 PM
Tink and I went out today in the ponds below the house. We have found 4 places to place caches for kayak and canoe caching only. The whole trip is 4.15 miles round trip if you just go in and out. We did it in 1 1/2 hours and we went real slow and were looking around. You can take more time or go for a longer trip at your leisure. We are going to place these caches out next weekend if all goes well so that they will be ready for our event.

What we are hoping is that everyone will bring a kayak/canoe that is spending the night and on Sunday morning we will all head out and paddle to these caches. For those that do not spend the night you can always come back the next morning and meet us for the trip.

Do we have any takers.

Absolutely! I can bring my extra kayak if someone is interested.

Team2hunt
05-29-2006, 07:18 PM
Lets see now......pig...camping out.......good friends.......drinks :rolleyes: and now Sunday morning kayak caching. Rick you are the best. :cool: Can I move in?

Kaching Karen
05-29-2006, 09:08 PM
If I make it to the event, I'll bring my extra kayak. Sorry I'm so flaky about this, but need to get my ducks in a row. :p:p:p:p

robt
05-29-2006, 09:36 PM

Do we have any takers.

Rick now I am really bummed that I can not take that weekend off. :( would have been fun.

Mainiac1957
05-29-2006, 10:18 PM
My kayak is on the car all summer long. Never know when ya gotta paddle something.:rolleyes:

Beach Comber
05-29-2006, 10:48 PM
Wow! This will be an awesome event!

team teebow
05-30-2006, 06:52 AM
This sounds like a BLAST!!! We are the owners (ROOKIES) of 4 new funyaks and hope you professionals will let us come along (LOL!!!).

Team Teebow 1

attroll
05-30-2006, 11:55 AM
This sounds like a BLAST!!! We are the owners (ROOKIES) of 4 new funyaks and hope you professionals will let us come along (LOL!!!).

Team Teebow 1

I was hoping you would have your new kayaks by the event so you could come.

The more people that come the merrier it will be.

There is no boat launch where we put in at. But there is a hole in the guardrail that was made for kayaks and canoes ti fit through. We will only be able to unload one vehicle at a time there and then go park the vehicle. It is tricky but it will not be a problem.

team teebow
05-30-2006, 12:30 PM
I know the spot you are talking about...we used it a couple of weeks ago when we went paddling there.

Team Teebow
(Tom)

attroll
06-01-2006, 01:10 AM
I know the spot you are talking about...we used it a couple of weeks ago when we went paddling there.

Team Teebow
(Tom)

I am going to look this weekend for a better spot for a group to put there kyaks in at. I will try and make some connections with people down on hte lakes. I know of other spots that we can put in but it would be further away from the caches. It would be an extra 3 to four miles. I don't know if everyone is up for that. I will do some research this weekend and see what I can come up with.

attroll
06-09-2006, 11:21 AM
This is just an update. With the weather being nothing but rain I have not been able to go out and place these caches for the kayakers and canoers for the event weekend. I am hoping it will clear up this weekend sometime so I can do this. I am also researching the land where I am putting them to make sure it is not private land. I know one spot is OK, but I need to verify the other two. If they do not get done this does not mean that we still can not get a group out to paddle around though.

Going to go check on the pig today to make sure everything is all set up so we do not get any surprises at the last minute. I think there was someone that volunteered to help put on some kids events at the event. I can not remember who that person was though. We have not had time to even think about this. I don't know how many kids will be coming. If anyone wants to have some things prepared for the kids that would help out a lot. If the weather is good we will break out the 100 foot slip and slide. Even the adults might want to bring swim suites for this. So lets pray for good weather.

Thinks to keep in mind of what to bring.
Bring some side dishes if you want we will need deserts and salads ie patatoe, macaroni, toss, pasta.
Drinks whether it be soda and juice or adult beverages.
Some chips would be nice.
Chairs to sit in. We have some but not a lot.
A good attitude.
Kayak or canoe if you want to go out on Sunday.
Tent and sleeping gear if you plan on spending the night.

It would also been nice to have a head count for those spending the night in tents. We have plenty of room but would jsut like an idea. Here is who we know about so far tenting out.

Maniac1957
Team2Hunt
Sudonim
Dave and Gail
TAT?

The G Team
06-09-2006, 11:41 AM
Rick, we plan to bring our tent--can't guarantee if we'll be one, two or three. If it's just me, there may be some extra tent space (if snoring isn't a problem :D ).

Michael

tat
06-09-2006, 12:03 PM
TAT?

I just got my rides lined up last night and everyting is set! I plan on camping and can't wait!!!

Thanks for putting on such a great event.

parmachenee
06-09-2006, 12:08 PM
We plan to attend but still don't know to what extent...would love to do the kayaking part but don't know about an overnight. Sounds like fun.:D

Kacky
06-09-2006, 03:59 PM
I thought I would not be available that weekend but now it looks like I can come for the day after all. I have a Palm Tungsten and I have been using Mobipocket for caching, if you would like to have them for demo purposes.

ETA I will not be able to come until afternoon because I have something at the Masonic Hall in Auburn til 3. I wonder if Terry will trade me a chicken for a Kacky Jr.?

robt
06-11-2006, 09:13 PM
I am planning on going up in the evening but I an not stay over cause I have to work both days and this is a very long commute. :)

LaughingTerry
06-12-2006, 07:00 PM
I just may make it after all. If I do it will be a last minute thing. I'm trying to line someone up to cover for me so I will have to drive up from southern Mass and won't be able to stay all day. I will however have some cool stuff for the kids again. I'll have my newest rubber chickens too. #3 of the rubber chicken sig items. If anyone has an extra kayak I'm game. LOL

Hiram357
06-12-2006, 08:15 PM
I just may make it after all. If I do it will be a last minute thing. I'm trying to line someone up to cover for me so I will have to drive up from southern Mass and won't be able to stay all day. I will however have some cool stuff for the kids again. I'll have my newest rubber chickens too. #3 of the rubber chicken sig items. If anyone has an extra kayak I'm game. LOL

wooo hooo!! i need some more rubber chickens! it's getting hard explaining geocaching to the cops without rubber chicken! ;) :D

Sudonim
06-12-2006, 08:21 PM
PedalChick and I will be there, and stay for the overnight, but will get there late (I wrote myself out for the day, but she still has to work until 3pm)
We'll be there with a coffeepot and good attitudes :D

The G Team
06-12-2006, 08:41 PM
PedalChick and I will be there, and stay for the overnight, but will get there late (I wrote myself out for the day, but she still has to work until 3pm)
We'll be there with a coffeepot and good attitudes :D

Awesome! I've got a pound of high-altitude grown Kona coming in ($16.50 a pound, green) that I'll roast up--should be perfect Saturday.

d’76
06-12-2006, 08:44 PM
Awesome! I've got a pound of high-altitude grown Kona coming in ($16.50 a pound, green) that I'll roast up--should be perfect Saturday.

In College if some one said that I would have to say is that legal:D :D :D

Kaching Karen
06-12-2006, 08:51 PM
I confess.... I volunteered to help with the kiddos.

Okay, I'll bring a parachute and I'm thinking of a cooperative cache for the kids. Might even do a night time one if a couple kids stay behind. I teach Phys. Ed. and have a few games up my sleeve.

Haffy
06-12-2006, 09:15 PM

I would have said roll it up...lol :D

Beach Comber
06-12-2006, 10:52 PM

Then again, one is less particular when in college - LOL

attroll
06-13-2006, 12:37 AM
I have an alternative kayak trip would could do if we did not want to paddle around the ponds below our house on Sunday. I wanted to just throw this out there so people could think about it. Tink and I have done this before a couple of years ago and she had no problem with it. It is only about 6 miles from the house. It is called the “Cobbosseecontee Stream”. It is listed in the Maine Atlas and Gazetteer under the canoe trips section. Here is the write up:

Stream meanders through several small ponds; class I-II rapids. Portage one dam; shallow spots at low water.

We can still stick to the original plan and go below the house. But I wanted to throw this option out there because this is also a very fun and easy trip and Tink and I would like to do it again some day. It says it is an 8 mile trip but you can shorten it to make it a 3 mile or a 4.5 mile trip if you stop at the first bridge or second bridge.

For those familiar with our caches the put in to start this trip would be at our “I’ll be damned” cache and the first bridge would be the one you park at for our “Cobby’s Cache”. This is what Tink and I have done when we did our trip. It was a short and easy 3 mile trip.

Just food for thought.

The G Team
06-13-2006, 05:41 AM

LOL--I've also got a few keys of nice Columbian in my stash, as well as some Ethiopian Long Bean Harar Horse. :eek:

WhereRWe?
06-13-2006, 06:37 AM
LOL--I've also got a few keys of nice Columbian in my stash, as well as some Ethiopian Long Bean Harar Horse. :eek:

Sheesh! I think we need to establish a "G Team Coffee" thread! LOL!

(Now, if you want ot talk about tea, let me know! :D :D )

team teebow
06-13-2006, 07:42 AM
I vote for the ponds behind your house for kayaking. :)

Team Teebow 2

d’76
06-13-2006, 03:52 PM
Hey Rick,

Do you want anyone to bring food or non alcholic drinks.

If so maybe we should start an online menu somewhere so we dont all bring coleslaw. Just a thought:D

Cache Maine
06-13-2006, 06:16 PM
If so maybe we should start an online menu somewhere so we dont all bring coleslaw. Just a thought:D

Is Tink making brownies? If she is, then I'll be there. :) :D

Hiram357
06-13-2006, 06:35 PM
Looks like the wife and I will be able to make it. What can we bring???? :)

attroll
06-14-2006, 12:34 AM
Hey Rick,

Do you want anyone to bring food or non alcholic drinks.

We are only supplying the pig and the brownies and some cookies. So anything else you all need to bring. I think I posted that on the event and in this thread.

I know Mad Muff is brining some of his homemade brew for adults to sample if they want to. But that is all I know. Maybe starting a menu might now be a bad idea.

Yes Cameo Tink is making the brownies she just told me that she has not decided if she if going to make them half and half with chocolate ships cookies on top of them are is just doing regular brownies. So it looks like you will be coming.

tat
06-14-2006, 05:18 AM
Maybe starting a menu might now be a bad idea..

Did you mean: Maybe starting a menu might not be a dad idea

brdad
06-14-2006, 05:42 AM
Did you mean: Maybe starting a menu might not be a dad idea

Hey now it's almost Father's Day, be nice to your Pa.

This event is going to be a last second decision for us.

Trezurs*-R-*Fun
06-14-2006, 07:29 AM
Like brdad, we won't know until the last second if we can attend.

tat
06-14-2006, 12:42 PM
[QUOTE=brdad]Hey now it's almost Father's Day, be nice to your Pa.QUOTE]

That's too funny! :) Not now, bad dad.

Cache Maine
06-14-2006, 09:51 PM
Attroll-pig, brownies, cookies
Sudonim-coffee maker, starbucks
Mainiac1957-ale
Fuddsgirls-dessert
The G Team-coffee
SewN2Cachin-potato salad, etc.
Mad Muffin-home brew
carouselcheesecakes-desserts
Beach comber-rice and black bean salad, tomato/basil/fresh mozz salad
hoys-side dish
Dave and Gail-side dish
funmamas-many side dishes
Cache N Jacksons-cookies, spinach feta cheese salad
tat-potato chips, dip, assorted munchies

tat
06-14-2006, 10:25 PM
I won't be able to cook anything, so potato chips, dip, and assorted munchies.

Anything but Trek Food!!!

attroll
06-14-2006, 11:51 PM
I don't want to jinks us but the weather report is looking good this year.

So don't forget to bring swim suits or shorts for your kids for the giant slip and slid and maybe some for you adults. The kids will sure be mad if they see others playing on it and they forgot there suits or mom and dad did not tell them.

firefighterjake
06-15-2006, 07:44 AM
I don't want to jinks us but the weather report is looking good this year.

So don't forget to bring swim suits or shorts for your kids for the giant slip and slid and maybe some for you adults. The kids will sure be mad if they see others playing on it and they forgot there suits or mom and dad did not tell them.

Ah, the old Slip, Slide and Impale Yourself . . . a true summer classic.:D

team teebow
06-15-2006, 08:45 AM
Team Teebow will bring a three bean salad, and a dessert of some sort and maybe some chips.

Can't wait to see you all slipping and sliding on the slip N slide! OUCH!!!:D

Team Teebow 2 (Cheryl)

Kacky
06-15-2006, 09:26 AM
I'm not coming til after three but I'll bring some corn on the cob to help replenish the food supply for suppertime.

FuddsGirls
06-15-2006, 12:04 PM
FuddsGirls will be bringing a german potato salad(no mayo) and either molasses cookies or rat turd cookies;)

brdad
06-15-2006, 12:49 PM
FuddsGirls will be bringing a german potato salad(no mayo) and either molasses cookies or rat turd cookies;)

I'm voting for molasses. But, that depends on whether the rats are German or not. :D

team teebow
06-15-2006, 12:58 PM
rat turd cookies??????? What the????? How about rat turd stuck in the molasses?Team Teebow 2

Kaching Karen
06-15-2006, 06:01 PM
Instead of food, which I'm sure there will plenty of, I am bringing stuff for a kid's cache. Not going to tell my secret or how I have it planned.

Rick, I haven't heard back from you. I've got some things for the kids to do. Adults can join if they wish.

team teebow
06-15-2006, 06:49 PM
Kaching Karen - Target in Topsham had some really cool $1.00 items for kids. (adults too) They were all a camping hiking kind of theme. It was locaated in all of there dollar stuff. Just in case you need anything for the cache or whatever. Thought I would share. Oh, would you be interested in a water balloon sling shot thingy? It is fun for the kids and adults. The thing shoots those water balloons at least 200 feet in the air!! It is fun watching my son try to catch them in his hat.:eek:

Bringing a fruit salad along with the 3 bean salad.

Team Teebow 2 (Cheryl)

Team2hunt
06-15-2006, 07:46 PM
The Team will be bringing those now famous Chocolate chip cookies. Veggies and some dip too!! And do not forget the beverages. :rolleyes:

attroll
06-16-2006, 12:08 AM
Oh, would you be interested in a water balloon sling shot thingy? It is fun for the kids and adults. The thing shoots those water balloons at least 200 feet in the air!! It is fun watching my son try to catch them in his hat.:eek:
That sling shot sounds like it may be fun. I don't have any ballons though. So if you bring some bring plenty of ballons.

attroll
06-16-2006, 10:38 AM
I just counted 50 people who posted on the the event that are planning on coming. That is a very good turnout so far. Some people may not have posted either because they wait until the last minute or the day off. So either way it looks like an awesome turnout.

I look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow. If it looks like I am hung over it is not because I have been drinking it will be because of lack of sleep probably.

Update 16 June 2006:
It looks like a very good turnout here. Don't forget to bring shorts or a swim suite for the kids and the adults. The kids will be mad if that can not play on the 100 foot slip and slide.

team teebow
06-16-2006, 11:16 AM
Can I use that as my excuse too?

Team Teebow 1:D

Kaching Karen
06-16-2006, 06:43 PM
I have a kid's cache (looking for buried treasure) and water balloons. TeamTeebo has saved the day! Bring that sling shot along!

Got some other stuff too along with some bubbles. Just need to keep the kids away from the tents with the soap!\

I'm staying over night.

d’76
06-16-2006, 08:06 PM
Girlmate and I are bringing ballons to fill also. This will be so fun:D

team teebow
06-16-2006, 08:32 PM
Al I have to say to everyone is......

INCOMING!!!!!!!!!

or maybe..........

DUCK!!!!!!

:D :p :D :p :D :p :D :p :D :p :D :p
Team Teebow 2 (Cheryl)

attroll
06-16-2006, 08:46 PM
If some one has a hose splitter please bring it. I am referring to one you can screw into the end of the hose and have two hoses coming off from it.

Kaching Karen
06-16-2006, 09:00 PM
I have a hose splitter. Will put it on my list.

Sudonim
06-16-2006, 09:35 PM
I picked up some loaves of bread. I'll bring them as well as the coffee/maker.
mmmm, BBQ pork sandwiches

team teebow
06-16-2006, 09:43 PM

That sounds sooooooo yummy! Can I have one now?? Please oh please??????:D

Team Teebow 2 (Cheryl)

d’76
06-16-2006, 10:00 PM

Hmmmmm, Pork:p

Haffy
06-16-2006, 10:43 PM
Hmmmmm, Pork:p

Ummmmm BBQ'd textured protein bits......:D :p ;)

attroll
06-17-2006, 06:45 AM
The pig got started at 06:35. So were looking at it being done at 12:35 to 13:05 if all goes well.

d’76
06-17-2006, 07:11 AM
What an awesome day outside!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. We are leaving shortly to pickup a few caches on the way:D :D

team teebow
06-17-2006, 09:40 PM
Rick and Donna - We had a great time. Thank you so much. The pig was tasty and the food was great. :D

The water balloons went up high, went down low, hit tents, hit nothing and hit many people. Very fun!:D

The slip and slide was way cool. It was fun watching the kids and the few adults slide down. Should make for some awesome pictures.:eek:

Thanks again and we are VERY looking forward to next years event!!

See all you kayakers in the morning.

Team Teebow

Kacky
06-17-2006, 10:31 PM
That was fun! Thanks so much for hosting! -signed, Effen Terrible (Thanks Haffy!)

Beach Comber
06-18-2006, 01:05 AM
Fantastic indeed!!!

Dave and Gail
06-18-2006, 11:58 AM
Had a fantastic time guys!! Thanks so much, all your hard work was very much appreciated. A great bunch of people, very nice meeting you all finally. The food was awesome also!! Hope to make more Geocaching events in the future. Thanks again , and Happy Caching!! "Dave and Gail" and Shamis:D

SewN2Cachin'
06-18-2006, 12:56 PM
Thanks again SOOOOOOO much for the great day. I'm so glad the weather improved so much and that there was such a great crowd! This is an event that I would love to continue to attend in the future. What a cool experience, meeting all of you! :D

Imlost33
06-18-2006, 01:48 PM
Enjoyed the event! It was great meeting everyone! It inspired me to sign up in GeoMaine...Geocachers are such great people! Thanks!:)

Hiram357
06-18-2006, 02:20 PM
This was definitely a GREAT event, the camping was great, it was a great time to be had by all. The food was great, thanks for the great time. (and thanks for your hospitality Rick and Donna!) :D :D :D

did i mention it was great? :D

attroll
06-18-2006, 05:19 PM
I would truly like to thank everyone that made it to your event this weekend. I say “your” because we did this for you. We don’t consider it our event. We did it for our friends so it was your event.

I am glad to see everyone had a great time and the weather probably had a lot to do with it. Thank you:

Kayaking Karen for putting together the kid’s cache event. It went over very well. You helped pull this event off for us all. Thank you

Tom of Teem Teebow for helping out with the pig and the carving.

I know I am probably forgetting someone but I am not doing it on purpose. I am just tired and running on very little sleep right now. So if I forgot you I am sorry.

This will be a very memorial event for Tink and I. We love seeing people having a good time and being able to put this together and have it all fall into place was TOTALLY AWESOME. All the time and effort it took to get things ready for this was well worth it seeing everyone mingle and have fun and all the shared stories made it worth it.

We made some new friends and look forward to hooking up and seeing them on the trail and at other events.

At this time we have tallied up the count of people at the event and we came up with 126 people. I am sure there are more that we don’t know about there are always some that come and get away without signing the log book. Even that number of people is shocking. We are hoping to do this again next year if all goes well and we will pray for the same type of weather.

The kayak/canoe trip on Sunday was great. Ordinary Shark drove up for this one also Hirem and his better half, Kayaking Karen, Team2Hunt, 1manTeam, Mainiac1957, Team Teebow all showed up. Ordinary Shark put on a show for us by tipping over his kayak.
No matter what he tells everyone we all witnessed it and it was not on purpose.

Thanks to all for making this an event truly worth remembering!!!!!

tat
06-18-2006, 07:56 PM
Had a wonderfull time! I wish I could have gone out in the boats. Rick, I forgot to sign the log, so you delete my find if you want to :)

Lots of good jokes, the slip and slide, the weather, but most of all: The people. Hope to see y'all at the next event!

attroll
06-18-2006, 08:54 PM
Had a wonderfull time! I wish I could have gone out in the boats. Rick, I forgot to sign the log, so you delete my find if you want to :)

Lots of good jokes, the slip and slide, the weather, but most of all: The people. Hope to see y'all at the next event!
We realized that you forgot the to sign the logbook and Brad added you. So far I also noticed 9 other teams that forgot to sign the logbook and they will be all set when they log there visit.

becket
06-18-2006, 09:04 PM
We realized that you forgot the to sign the logbook and Brad added you. So far I also noticed 9 other teams that forgot to sign the logbook and they will be all set when they log there visit.

i didn't even see the log - but i signed my name tag. does that count?

attroll
06-18-2006, 09:51 PM
i didn't even see the log - but i signed my name tag. does that count?
Yes Becket you were one of the others one and Haffy was another. I will not list them all but I mentioned Haffy because he is easy to pick on. LOL

brdad
06-18-2006, 10:00 PM
Bruce told me if I had to lean over to sign the log and it might hurt my back, don't bother to sign it, log it as a find anyway...:D

Cache'n Jacksons
06-19-2006, 06:57 AM
This is a late post here but I just wanted to say that we all had a fantastic time at this event. Everything about it was excellent! I'm glad there was a lot of time for socializing and getting to know the other cachers. Rick and Donna, you guys are the best for putting this shindig together! Sorry we won't be able to go down the Saco with you all next weekend, but I'm sure we'll be seeing some of you guys again soon! :D