View Full Version : A Geocaching Maine.org First!!!

Hiram357
06-04-2006, 09:23 PM
WhereRWe is about to hit 2,000 posts!! (I wanted to be the first to post it so I'm posting it before he hits 2,000 which will probably be some time tonight unless he wants to make me look like a fool and creat a new screen name for GCM so that he would never hit 2000 which seems like something he would do just to do it... :p )

SOOOOO ANYWAYS.... that's all I had to say.

Thanks for listening....

uhhh.. reading....

:D :D :D

You're still reading?? the post is over... I'm done now.... :)

attroll
06-04-2006, 11:25 PM
WhereRWe is about to hit 2,000 posts!! (I wanted to be the first to post it so I'm posting it before he hits 2,000 which will probably be some time tonight unless he wants to make me look like a fool and creat a new screen name for GCM so that he would never hit 2000 which seems like something he would do just to do it... :p )

SOOOOO ANYWAYS.... that's all I had to say.

Thanks for listening....

uhhh.. reading....

:D :D :D

You're still reading?? the post is over... I'm done now.... :)

We can tell that, that bums you out that he has more post then you. It is not the most post that count but the quality of the post.

brdad
06-05-2006, 05:27 AM
We can tell that, that bums you out that he has more post then you. It is not the most post that count but the quality of the post.

That's right! And Maine does have some quality lamp posts. In fact, I'd like to propose a new change on the new coin - let's have it say "Maine - The Way Lamp Post Caching Should Be"

Mainiac1957
06-05-2006, 07:02 AM
That's right! And Maine does have some quality lamp posts. In fact, I'd like to propose a new change on the new coin - let's have it say "Maine - The Way Lamp Post Caching Should Be"
you're disturbed...:p :p :p

but funny:D

parmachenee
06-05-2006, 08:28 AM

I think Nashville already has that!!:) But we could try guardrail posts??:D

The G Team
06-05-2006, 09:57 AM
I think Nashville already has that!!:) But we could try guardrail posts??:D

Let's see, at 10 guadrail micros per mile....

kayakerinme
06-05-2006, 10:31 AM
Unfortunately I did not get a chance to get there but there was a bridge near the GeoWoodstock event (Ft. Worth TX, I think) that was quite popular. About 2 miles long, there is a cache at every minimum distance. You can do the whole bridge and get 24 caches. Most people do it on a bicycle in the earloy morning or evening when the heat is less. It'll take less than an hour to get them all. Do we have any places like that in Maine?

WhereRWe?
06-05-2006, 11:52 AM
You can do the whole bridge and get 24 caches. Most people do it on a bicycle in the earloy morning or evening when the heat is less. It'll take less than an hour to get them all. Do we have any places like that in Maine?

No, but I hate to say that you've probably given certain Maine geocachers an idea... :( :(

brdad
06-05-2006, 02:34 PM
No, but I hate to say that you've probably given certain Maine geocachers an idea... :( :(

I've heard through the grapevine Hiram is trying to submit his 999 bottles of beer on the wall cache series. :rolleyes:

team teebow
06-05-2006, 02:45 PM
Unfortunately I did not get a chance to get there but there was a bridge near the GeoWoodstock event (Ft. Worth TX, I think) that was quite popular. About 2 miles long, there is a cache at every minimum distance. You can do the whole bridge and get 24 caches. Most people do it on a bicycle in the earloy morning or evening when the heat is less. It'll take less than an hour to get them all. Do we have any places like that in Maine?

Please nooooooooooooooo...........................not in Maine.......:eek:

Team Teebow 2

kayakerinme
06-05-2006, 03:00 PM
I've heard through the grapevine Hiram is trying to submit his 999 bottles of beer on the wall cache series. :rolleyes:

There is already a series in Chicago, Illinois for 99 Bottles of Beer...
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=15eed041-7389-4574-a53f-6c5c64c504fc
and for the complete list...
http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.aspx?guid=8692ea13-1bac-4f38-a3b2-1495339c5e12

It seems one can do them all in a day.

Hiram357
06-05-2006, 03:28 PM

hahaha.... no, but bruce and i are gunna get together and have a 999 bottles of empty beers on the floor cache! :D

Hiram357
06-05-2006, 03:31 PM

owww geeeze take a stab at a guy in the back why dont ya?? :rolleyes:

i try to show a guy a little encouragement and congrats and i just get shot down.... :(

hey if i split those comments up i can have two more posts!! :p :D

WhereRWe?
06-05-2006, 05:42 PM
Please nooooooooooooooo...........................not in Maine.......:eek:

Team Teebow 2
What? "101 Dalmations" are OK but not "100 Beers on the Wall"? :confused: :confused:

WhereRWe?
06-05-2006, 05:47 PM
owww geeeze take a stab at a guy in the back why dont ya?? :rolleyes:

i try to show a guy a little encouragement and congrats and i just get shot down.... :(

Yeah. We all congratulate the cachers who get 100, 500, 1000 caches - WITHOUT examining how many "urban microcaches" they have. And then complain that "it's not about the quantity, but the quality" of forum postings.

:confused: :confused:

Kacky
06-05-2006, 08:22 PM
Let's see, at 10 guadrail micros per mile....

Can we just sign the guardrails?

brdad
06-05-2006, 08:24 PM
Can we just sign the guardrails?

There are number hounds who will, in order to speed up cache finds, initial the outside of the cache container so they don't have to waste time opening them.