View Full Version : Posting Photos

Haffy
06-13-2006, 09:11 AM
We have noticed lately that some photos that are being posted have little or nothing to do with geocaching and we ask that all who submit photos make sure that they do indeed have a geocaching reason behind them. Nature photos and flowers etc are nice to look at and all but they must have been taken while going to or from or at a geocache to be eligible for posting.

This site is not mean't to be a free photo gallery for all personal photos as there are many free websites out there that are just that. The storage capacity that we have for this site in not unlimited so please in the future just post photos that have at least some relationship to geocaching. And also while posting your photos it would be nice to add a short description as to where the photo was taken so we all can know. Thanks

brdad
06-13-2006, 10:16 AM
Did I miss the vote for the Photo Police? :D

Just kidding, haffy, I agree with you. But, I was wrong on thinking all the jokes should be geocaching related as well. :eek:

WhereRWe?
06-13-2006, 06:00 PM
Did I miss the vote for the Photo Police? :D

Just kidding, haffy, I agree with you. But, I was wrong on thinking all the jokes should be geocaching related as well. :eek:

How about making sure the photo is similar to the ones you had to submit for a locationless cache: your GPSr had to be in the photo! :p :p

brdad
06-13-2006, 06:11 PM
How about making sure the photo is similar to the ones you had to submit for a locationless cache: your GPSr had to be in the photo! :p :p

That's why the Doot-it-Yourself Locationless Cache Generator (http://www.parkrrrr.com/hand/hand.html) was invented! :eek:

Haffy
06-13-2006, 07:12 PM
Hey, that's funny Dave but I have the Vista and not the Legend........:D

WhereRWe?
06-13-2006, 07:23 PM
That's why the Doot-it-Yourself Locationless Cache Generator (http://www.parkrrrr.com/hand/hand.html) was invented! :eek:

Sheesh! :eek: :eek:

Hiram357
06-13-2006, 08:16 PM
wow, i wonder how many people have used that to claim caches they didn't do??

brdad
06-13-2006, 08:25 PM
Actually, that app was made by someone as a joke. But, it was inspired by a real event. There was a certian cacher, who I won't mention, who photoshopped his hand and GPS on many locationless caches. I think it was probably done in fun, but you know how these things can get out of hand. Anyway, eventually some cachers noticed that a few of the pics looked like pictures you could find elsewhere on the web and it caused quite a stir in the gc.com forums for a while.

WhereRWe?
06-14-2006, 10:11 AM
Actually, that app was made by someone as a joke. But, it was inspired by a real event. There was a certian cacher, who I won't mention, who photoshopped his hand and GPS on many locationless caches. .

I've wondered many times how some people got so many locationless caches.

From reading logs, I see that many people ignored the rules about logging previously found sites, of of using the same photo for more than one cache.

:( :(

firefighterjake
06-14-2006, 12:01 PM
Personally I never liked the locationless caches . . . namely because of the many stipulations that once a certain location was used it could no longer be used . . . there are only so many steam locomotives still around, suspension bridges, etc. Didn't quite seem fair to new folks.

WhereRWe?
06-14-2006, 12:14 PM
Personally I never liked the locationless caches . . . namely because of the many stipulations that once a certain location was used it could no longer be used . . . there are only so many steam locomotives still around, suspension bridges, etc. Didn't quite seem fair to new folks.

And this was probably a consideration when they decided to do away with the "locationless cache" designation. ;) ;)

Haffy
06-14-2006, 12:21 PM
Thats's why there is now www.waymarking.com

WhereRWe?
06-14-2006, 04:33 PM
Thats's why there is now www.waymarking.com

No, I don't think that's WHY there is now waymarking - just another nail in the coffin, so to speak. :D :D

Hiram357
07-11-2006, 07:41 PM
I have questions about posting phots...

1. How do you edit the pic description after the pic has been uploaded? I don't see any buttons or icons that allow such actions

2. Is there any way to set up an instant notify when someone comments on a picture?

d’76
07-20-2006, 05:54 PM
[quote=Hiram357]I have questions about posting phots...

1. How do you edit the pic description after the pic has been uploaded? I don't see any buttons or icons that allow such actions
quote]

Nobody answered Hirams Question. Can you edit the photo and add details about them after they have been posted? I cant figure it out either.:confused:

pjpreb
07-20-2006, 05:57 PM
Nobody answered Hirams Question. Can you edit the photo and ass details about them after they have been posted? I cant figure it out either.:confused:

ass details??:confused: :p

d’76
07-20-2006, 05:59 PM
ass details??:confused: :p

What are you talking about. I think old age is catching up:p :D

attroll
07-20-2006, 08:41 PM
[quote=Hiram357]I have questions about posting phots...

quote]

Nobody answered Hirams Question. Can you edit the photo and add details about them after they have been posted? I cant figure it out either.:confused:

Yes you can edit the photo's that you uploaded after you have uploaded them at any time. You should see a place that says ADDITIONAL INFO and under that there should be something that says EDIT PHOTO.

d’76
07-20-2006, 08:57 PM
Yah ha!!!!!!
Thanks Rick It was under Admin Options. Thanks

Hiram357
07-20-2006, 10:33 PM
Dave, Thanks for making me feel better not letting me be the only one here that can't figure this stuff out ;)

Rick, Thanks for the instructions :D

Jo, Thanks for the details, but I don't think this is the place to discuss them! :p