View Full Version : Maine's DeLorme Challenge GCW8N6

team teebow
07-11-2006, 10:52 PM
We have a first to complete the "Maine's DeLorme Challenge"!!!!!

Guess who.....

Gob-ler!!!!!!

Gob-ler completed the challenge on July 1st and right on his tail feathers was guess who...

Sudonim!!!!

Congratulations guys!!!! I hope you had fun doing this challenge because it has been fun for me to see everyone working so hard on it. When we finally meet to sign the logbook I have a plaque and certificate for you. For everyone else who is working on it keep going!!!

Again, congratulations to you!!! Everyone please give these guys a hand for completing this challenge so fast....

GeoMaine
07-12-2006, 01:28 AM
Congrats, Gob-ler!

Oh, and I should warn you my friend; I called up Webster and they have agreed to move your picture from 'crazy' on over to 'insane' since it seems that you have one-upped even YOURSELF.

Sudonim, you deserve a serious congratulations as well... I suspect that only a handful of people will EVER complete this challenge and you are one of those few...

Perhaps the two of you should have a personal race with a BET of $1.00 to see who can do the same for New Hampshire, official cache or NOT. Think about it... When the cache did come out... You'd already be done with it and (heh) one of you would be holding a dollar bill.

Again, good work guys!!

: )

dragonflys
07-12-2006, 08:16 AM
great accomplishment

Beach Comber
07-12-2006, 10:28 AM
That is tremendous!! Congrats to you both. I hope that somewhere along the way I will have been able to complete it as well, but I am sure it will take some time!

Team2hunt
07-12-2006, 05:27 PM
Congrats, Gob-ler!

Sudonim, you deserve a serious congratulations as well... I suspect that only a handful of people will EVER complete this challenge and you are one of those few...

Again, good work guys!!

: )

I have little interest in racing to finish the challenge. But I will finish it, and sooner than I thought. I had some time today, so I pulled out the DeLorme map and lo and behold, there aren't too many I haven't done. Only problem is.......their pretty far apart. I bet quite a few of us will complete it this summer. KK I guess we have cached quite a bit of Maine on our trips.

Congrats to both Gob-ler and Sudonim for finishing it...and so fast!!

hollora
07-12-2006, 07:05 PM
Congrats - this is a super accomplishment. Our state has so much to offer and this is a great incentive to see many parts of it. Great job!

tat
07-12-2006, 07:29 PM
Congrats to both of you. I know how much effort that took because I only have a few more maps!