View Full Version : Why have posts or threads been removed?

Gob-ler
07-27-2006, 03:23 AM
I was looking for something that was posted over here just a while back and cannot find it. Is there a reason it has been removed?

brdad
07-27-2006, 05:33 AM
Do you know the subject or any of the posts on the thread?

I know all posts and threads started by the MGA were removed by the original poster, including the entire "Message from the MGA" thread, but I assume you were aware of that. I believe that's what prompted Rick to stop letting people delete their posts and threads.

If it's a different post, maybe it's been moved and maybe someone will remember where it is if we knew what it concerned. I can't remember where I posted stuff half the time.

Cache Maine
07-27-2006, 06:40 AM
I was looking for something that was posted over here just a while back and cannot find it. Is there a reason it has been removed?

If your post is no longer where you posted it, then it's either been moved to the correct forum category or it's been removed. It's a rare occurance that a thread gets removed. If you have a specific question regarding a particular post or thread, feel free to contact Rick, Haffy or myself.

Gob-ler
07-27-2006, 07:39 AM
It was something I posted and when I did a search I could not find it. I know it was in the last week or two.

Just surporsed it's gone missing.

Haffy
07-27-2006, 07:54 AM
I don't believe it was something I deleted. I have only on a couple of occasions deleted a post and that just because of it being off topic or a duplicate post. I noticed also that I have had all of my posts deleted on the MGA site and not sure why that is either. I have not deleted any of your posts Dick. I can assure that we are not in the habit of deleting anyones posts without giving the poster a good reason for doing so.

Gob-ler
07-27-2006, 10:07 AM
John I found what I was looking for only elsewhere. It may have been a part of the Message from post, not sure. At any rate it is all squared.

I do not know about the MGA thing. What I do know is that there is a pretty strict guideline being followed concerning tone of posts and content. The way things are asked etc.

I have no particulars concerning any of your posts. I have not seen them.

Dick

attroll
07-27-2006, 12:12 PM
John I found what I was looking for only elsewhere. It may have been a part of the Message from post, not sure. At any rate it is all squared.

I do not know about the MGA thing. What I do know is that there is a pretty strict guideline being followed concerning tone of posts and content. The way things are asked etc.

Dick
I don't know exactly what thread or post you were looking for Dick. The only threads or post that I have removed or deleted have been ones that started or had the possibility of turning into a grudge match between The MGA and this web site. I am trying to curb that from happening the best I can.

Team2hunt
07-27-2006, 01:24 PM

Dick

Isn't that censorship. Isn't this America.

Hiram357
07-27-2006, 03:26 PM
Isn't that censorship. Isn't this America.

watch it gary, those 1st ammendment rights only apply to people with lots and lots of money... so far I haven't met any geocachers that fit those guidelines. :D

Team2hunt
07-27-2006, 04:51 PM
watch it gary, those 1st ammendment rights only apply to people with lots and lots of money... so far I haven't met any geocachers that fit those guidelines. :D

Hiram we cached together yesterday. :rolleyes: Oh..sorry....you didn't tell Steph. Oops!! :p Did you tell her the one about going to Western Mass. again.

Hiram357
07-27-2006, 05:00 PM
Hiram we cached together yesterday. :rolleyes: Oh..sorry....you didn't tell Steph. Oops!! :p Did you tell her the one about going to Western Mass. again.

haha, yeah, I told her some big cuddly guy picked me up at a park and ride and that we went to ogunquit to get some puppies :D

btw I told my boss about the bumper and he laughed at it! :confused: does this mean it's okay to crash company vehicles?