View Full Version : RE: Funny to read, but not if it happened to you

firefighterjake
07-31-2006, 09:16 AM
I was checking the log entries for my caches when I found this log entry from a rather familiar GCmaine.org character . . . definitely made my day as it was rather amusing to read . . . but I imagine not so funny for the folks affected. I hope you're able to get the White Jeep back in order soon without a whole lot of expense.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=b9d07179-408c-42b6-8aa5-18d9d5cfd6a2

So what date exactly was your anniversary? Please tell me that you didn't spend your anniversary attempting this cache.

Hiram357
07-31-2006, 09:36 AM
I was checking the log entries for my caches when I found this log entry from a rather familiar GCmaine.org character . . . definitely made my day as it was rather amusing to read . . . but I imagine not so funny for the folks affected. I hope you're able to get the White Jeep back in order soon without a whole lot of expense.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=b9d07179-408c-42b6-8aa5-18d9d5cfd6a2

So what date exactly was your anniversary? Please tell me that you didn't spend your anniversary attempting this cache.

...Jake, our anniversary was yesterday, and yes the majority of the day was spent at your cache. :D definitely one we will never forget. :rolleyes: :D

firefighterjake
07-31-2006, 09:46 AM
...Jake, our anniversary was yesterday, and yes the majority of the day was spent at your cache. :D definitely one we will never forget. :rolleyes: :D

Well if Steph doesn't divorce you after what you guys went through yesterday I would say you should have a long (but maybe not always so happy) marriage! :D

we3beans
07-31-2006, 10:17 AM
Well, it is supposed to be all about the stories and not the numbers, right?
I can't belive you don't have Jake's #, even I've got Jake's #....Don't feel too awful, I did pretty much the same thing in Portland doing a geocache and had to use my sil AAA card for a tow truck. The Scooby Doo feel into the ditch and John said "huh". then after I got out he had to sit on the hood of the car to keep it from rolling over, all this in the rain.
:-)

Beach Comber
07-31-2006, 11:22 AM
ohhhhhhh, the stories!! Thanks for sharing : )

dragonflys
07-31-2006, 12:08 PM
thanks for the story, I see someone has similar tales to me. :D

dragonflys

Cache'n Jacksons
07-31-2006, 06:23 PM
Wow!! Would have loved to see pics of that "adventure"!! Glad you made it out OK. :)

d’76
07-31-2006, 07:04 PM
Hiram if you are interested I have the waypoint to Jakes house.:D :p

Hiram357
07-31-2006, 08:00 PM
Well if Steph doesn't divorce you after what you guys went through yesterday I would say you should have a long (but maybe not always so happy) marriage! :D

Through the good times and the bad... :rolleyes:

Like I said, we'll never forget this one. It was definitely an adventure, (and one of the few times I actually attempted hitch hiking in my life) :D

Hiram357
07-31-2006, 08:02 PM
Well, it is supposed to be all about the stories and not the numbers, right?
I can't belive you don't have Jake's #, even I've got Jake's #....Don't feel too awful, I did pretty much the same thing in Portland doing a geocache and had to use my sil AAA card for a tow truck. The Scooby Doo feel into the ditch and John said "huh". then after I got out he had to sit on the hood of the car to keep it from rolling over, all this in the rain.
:-)

heh, well I have Jakes numbers... but they were at home, and I wasn't there... and there was no phone around (and we don't have a cell phone) So we kicked it old school and depended on the kindness of others... ( I find as the years go by it gets harder and harder to do such a thing. :( )

Hiram357
07-31-2006, 08:03 PM

I'll drive, you get the TP and plastic forks! :D

firefighterjake
08-01-2006, 06:53 AM
I'll drive, you get the TP and plastic forks! :D

What are the forks for?:confused:

firefighterjake
08-01-2006, 06:55 AM
Through the good times and the bad... :rolleyes:

Like I said, we'll never forget this one. It was definitely an adventure, (and one of the few times I actually attempted hitch hiking in my life) :D

Hmmm . . . for some reason I can picture Hiram making Steph stand out beside the road with her thumb out while he hides in the bushes . . . because I can't imagine too many people wanting to pick him up . . . at least not near this cache site (although I can think of at least one where he could get picked up.) ;) :D :eek:

firefighterjake
08-01-2006, 07:00 AM

You actually "waypointed" my house???:eek:

d’76
08-01-2006, 07:21 AM
You actually "waypointed" my house???:eek:

I figured this would be handy at another time. I was right:p

Hiram357
08-01-2006, 02:33 PM
What are the forks for?:confused:

You've never had your lawn forked!!!! Or done the forking yourself!?!?!?! Geeeeze I guess we're gunna hafta school ya then! :rolleyes: :D :p

Hiram357
08-01-2006, 02:35 PM
Hmmm . . . for some reason I can picture Hiram making Steph stand out beside the road with her thumb out while he hides in the bushes . . . because I can't imagine too many people wanting to pick him up . . . at least not near this cache site (although I can think of at least one where he could get picked up.) ;) :D :eek:

haha, we finally did get a ride back, but we mustve looked pretty creepy because I was even holding out a $20 and no one was stopping! what's the world comin too.... :(

Hiram357
08-01-2006, 02:36 PM
I figured this would be handy at another time. I was right:p When's a good night for you dave? we'll go get some pizza, get tanked up, and go fork jake's lawn!! :D :D :D

firefighterjake
08-01-2006, 03:57 PM
You've never had your lawn forked!!!! Or done the forking yourself!?!?!?! Geeeeze I guess we're gunna hafta school ya then! :rolleyes: :D :p

I'm being serious . . . I still have no clue as to what you are talking about . . . must be an "Ohio thing." Anyone else know what in Hades Hiram is talking about here or am I just a clueless Maine hick?

firefighterjake
08-01-2006, 03:58 PM
haha, we finally did get a ride back, but we mustve looked pretty creepy because I was even holding out a $20 and no one was stopping! what's the world comin too.... :(

Suppressing urge to mention Fitz cache and Hiram in same sentence . . . fighting urge . . . must behave myself . . . must not say anything. :eek: :D :rolleyes:

firefighterjake
08-01-2006, 04:02 PM
When's a good night for you dave? we'll go get some pizza, get tanked up, and go fork jake's lawn!! :D :D :D

I don't know about the last two items, but I'm game for the pizza.

True story: Last night the UHOP owners were at the fire house since they raised money for us in a raffle/food sale last Friday -- they ended up presenting us with a check for over $1,400. One guy even gave them a $400 donation for a slice of pizza -- see, I told you guys it's good!!! Afterwards we took the family around the block in the fire engine as a small goodwill gesture of thanks. The bad news: I didn't win the free pizza for a year second-place prize. The good news: Heidi won the first place prize in the raffle which was $100 . . . thereby dispelling her belief that she is unlucky and never wins anything.

Another true story: Heidi just called me and said Rita at UHOP wanted me to call her . . . which is convenient since we figured we would order dinner there tonight and thereby kill the proverbial two birds with one stone.

d’76
08-01-2006, 04:51 PM

Hiram hiram hiram (sighhhh) . You werent using your resources. Wasnt Steph with you. You should thrown her in some daisy shorts and you would have been all set:D

Hiram357
08-01-2006, 05:08 PM
Hiram hiram hiram (sighhhh) . You werent using your resources. Wasnt Steph with you. You should thrown her in some daisy shorts and you would have been all set:D

no, because then I would've still been stuck walking... :(

Beach Comber
08-01-2006, 07:59 PM
I'm being serious . . . I still have no clue as to what you are talking about . . . must be an "Ohio thing." Anyone else know what in Hades Hiram is talking about here or am I just a clueless Maine hick?

Honestly, I was afraid to ask - lol

firefighterjake
08-01-2006, 08:20 PM
Honestly, I was afraid to ask - lol

Well I feel better -- at least someone else has no idea what Hiram is talking about and . . . WHAT, Hey . . . got to go . . . I think Hiram is out front with Dave1976 right now sticking Kentucky Fried Chicken Sporks into my flowerbed! :D

firefighterjake
08-01-2006, 08:21 PM
Well I feel better -- at least someone else has no idea what Hiram is talking about and . . . WHAT, Hey . . . got to go . . . I think Hiram is out front with Dave1976 right now sticking Kentucky Fried Chicken Sporks into my flowerbed! :D

Nope . . . I was wrong. It was some local amorous cat . . . and so the question about forking the lawn remains.:confused:

becket
08-01-2006, 08:39 PM
and so the question about forking the lawn remains.:confused:

i don't get it either! :confused: :confused:

Sabby
08-01-2006, 08:47 PM
After you have forked the lawn would you take a picture and post it for all of us to see??

Hiram357
08-01-2006, 09:32 PM

don't worry Jake... one morning you'll wake up and you'll know what it's all about! :D it's one of my top 10 favorite pranks, right up there with taking a house for sale sign from someones lawn and puttin it on someone elses lawn.... :rolleyes: :p :D

Hiram357
08-01-2006, 09:33 PM
anyone interested in forking Jakes lawn... send me a PM... :D

Smitty & Co.
08-02-2006, 04:10 PM
A simple google search and I found this explanation:

http://www.rotteneggs.com/r3/show/se/11253.html

firefighterjake
08-02-2006, 04:22 PM
A simple google search and I found this explanation:

http://www.rotteneggs.com/r3/show/se/11253.html

I did the same thing this morning . . . although I have to tell you that I still don't get what all the fuss is about . . . so you have some plastic cutlery sticking out of your front lawn. I tell ya it must be one of those wild and crazy Ohio-things.:D

Hiram357
08-02-2006, 10:30 PM
those guys are amatuers! they only bought one box! :rolleyes:

firefighterjake
08-03-2006, 08:06 AM
. . . and so now every morning the first thing I find myself doing is opening the shades to look out on my front lawn to see if I've been forked.:D

I still don't get it though . . . what's the point . . . I mean other than giving me something to aim at while mowing the lawn with the riding mower. :D

Hiram357
08-03-2006, 02:12 PM
. . . and so now every morning the first thing I find myself doing is opening the shades to look out on my front lawn to see if I've been forked.:D

I still don't get it though . . . what's the point . . . I mean other than giving me something to aim at while mowing the lawn with the riding mower. :D

it's like toilet papering or egging... there's no point to it. that's the beauty of it, pointless and (mostly) harmless vandelism. :D

in Ohio it's also pretty common to corn someones front porch.

becket
08-03-2006, 02:54 PM
in Ohio it's also pretty common to corn someones front porch. i wish someone would "lobster" mine!

Hiram357
08-03-2006, 02:56 PM
i wish someone would "lobster" mine!

oooh, you should make an event for that! I would be FTF and LTL (Last to Leave)!! :D :D :D

firefighterjake
08-03-2006, 03:04 PM
it's like toilet papering or egging... there's no point to it. that's the beauty of it, pointless and (mostly) harmless vandelism. :D

in Ohio it's also pretty common to corn someones front porch.

And to think all we have here in Maine are the lame "cow tippers" -- sounds like it doesn't get any more exciting than to live in wild and crazy Ohio! ;) :D

Hiram357
08-03-2006, 03:06 PM
And to think all we have here in Maine are the lame "cow tippers" -- sounds like it doesn't get any more exciting than to live in wild and crazy Ohio! ;) :D

that's right, and maybe if you're lucky I'll teach ya'll about refridgerator golf! :D

RanMan22
08-03-2006, 05:31 PM
i wish someone would "lobster" mine!

I want someone to $100 bill my yard! :D

-RanMan22

Sudonim
08-03-2006, 05:33 PM
What do you tip a cow around here anyway? And does it depend on the service, or is it a flat percentage???

pjpreb
08-03-2006, 06:48 PM
What do you tip a cow around here anyway? And does it depend on the service, or is it a flat percentage???

I think the cow is actually tipped "over" (not "over-tipped") :D :eek: :D