View Full Version : GeocachingMaine.Org

Haffy
08-06-2006, 04:59 PM
I just would like to thank all that attended todays meeting. I think we got a lot accomplished and I think we are well on our way to meeting all the needs of all Maine geocachers. Well maybe not all ;) but at least now we have some structure and cohesiveness that will now allow us to continue to work on our mission statement and not be boggled down with the many issues that have presented themselves to us in the past. Now it is time to move on and make this the best organization that Maine can be proud of.

I won't go into any of the details that were discussed as they will be presented here shortly. Let's hope that we all can work together now and into the foreseeable future. I think we had a pretty good representation of cachers from the whole state maybe not in numbers but in knowledge and passion for this great activity that we call geocaching.

Geocaching Maine
"The way caching should be"

WhereRWe?
08-06-2006, 05:34 PM
Sheesh! Were you there today Haffy? I don't remember seeing you...

;) ;)

Hiram357
08-06-2006, 06:06 PM
Sheesh! Were you there today Haffy? I don't remember seeing you...

;) ;)

Haffy was there???? :confused: :rolleyes:

I was glad to see that it was productive and got going in a positive direction. :D

Beach Comber
08-06-2006, 06:11 PM
Indeed!! Great feedback from those who attended. It was nice to make new friends, see old friends, and put names to faces! Thanks for sharing your time, energy, and ideas.

Fun!

RanMan22
08-06-2006, 06:14 PM
Fun times!

Thanks for all the work that everyone has done so far, and for all the work that is forthcoming. :D

It was also nice to put some faces to names, as well.

-RanMan22

FuddsGirls
08-06-2006, 06:31 PM
We enjoyed seeing some familar faces today and meeting a couple of new ones. We were glad to attend, being the babies of the group. Thanks for making us welcome. The little one is out swimming so her head is fine and the other one asked about the woman in the hat.... Was that Mr Haffy?:rolleyes:

Beach Comber
08-06-2006, 06:48 PM
That is so funny! Your kids are so awesome - great girls! I'm glad the little one's head is ok - that was one heck of a bang on the railing and quite a bump on the back of her head.

Hiram357
08-06-2006, 06:55 PM
the other one asked about the woman in the hat.... Was that Mr Haffy?:rolleyes:

hahaha.... so many ways to take this thread, but I'm going to be good. (I'm not going to be the one to derail it.) :D :D :D

brdad
08-06-2006, 07:08 PM
I think all went well, a good start anyway. But I forgot to sign the logbook, can I still log it as a find? :D

parmachenee
08-21-2006, 06:11 PM
Another reason why we will need an organization. Geocaching in Colorado http://www.denverpostbloghouse.com/washington/2006/08/21/cache-or-trash-geocaching-hits-public-lands/

WhereRWe?
08-21-2006, 06:26 PM
Another reason why we will need an organization. Geocaching in Colorado http://www.denverpostbloghouse.com/washington/2006/08/21/cache-or-trash-geocaching-hits-public-lands/

EXACTLY!!! :D :D

ribnag
08-21-2006, 09:03 PM
WhereRWe? : EXACTLY!!!

FTA: "Check with local land managers for restrictions before placing or seeking a cache".

Riiiiiiiight - Okay, everyone raise your hands that gets permission to look for a cache on public (or public-access) land... C'mon, don't hold back... Anyone? YOU! There in the back! Oh, muscle spasm? Sorry. :D

brdad
08-22-2006, 06:32 AM
WhereRWe? : EXACTLY!!!

FTA: "Check with local land managers for restrictions before placing or seeking a cache".

Riiiiiiiight - Okay, everyone raise your hands that gets permission to look for a cache on public (or public-access) land... C'mon, don't hold back... Anyone? YOU! There in the back! Oh, muscle spasm? Sorry. :D

Asking for permission before searching does seem a little beyond anyone's expectations. But I guess for one that could loosely mean paying attention to any newly posted restrictions at the site.

And I do know a few cachers who have verified with a landowner before searching since the landowner was right at that location. But it is an unreal (and usually unneeded) expectation to expect them to do it on every hunt. Personally, I have never asked to hunt a cache, but I have only found 879 out of 303482 caches in the world, so it could still happen.

Sudonim
08-22-2006, 10:17 AM
but I have only found 879 out of 303482 caches in the world, so it could still happen.

Slacker :p :p :p

WhereRWe?
08-22-2006, 05:37 PM
Asking for permission before searching does seem a little beyond anyone's expectations. But I guess for one that could loosely mean paying attention to any newly posted restrictions at the site.

And I do know a few cachers who have verified with a landowner before searching since the landowner was right at that location. But it is an unreal (and usually unneeded) expectation to expect them to do it on every hunt. Personally, I have never asked to hunt a cache, but I have only found 879 out of 303482 caches in the world, so it could still happen.

I'm not worried about asking a landowner for permission to SEEK a cache on his property - I assume the cache owner has obtained permission to place a cache for anyone to access. But having cached in MANY states, I guarantee that many cachers do not feel a need to ask a landowner's permission before HIDING a cache - most "urban microcaches" fit this description. :( :(