View Full Version : Off Road Caching Thread

Hiram357
08-06-2006, 11:48 PM
Thought I would start an Off Road Caching thread, so to start it off the long awaited pic of the battle damage recieved on Harris Mt. (on the day of stef and I's 1st wedding anniversary) :D :D :D

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j201/apmcgarvey/battledamage.jpg

It's all better now though, a few beers and an hour later I had the flare fixed, and after washing it and spending another hour going around with the touch up brush, all the gashes are now filled in, it's like brand new!.... anyone wanna buy a new Jeep? lots of mods... only $12,000

The G Team
08-07-2006, 12:14 AM
Harris Mt., hmmm--guess we'll have to go have a look! How bad was it?

Haffy
08-07-2006, 12:30 AM
Not bad if you have a REAL 4wdr and a good driver......;) :eek:

vicbiker
08-07-2006, 05:54 AM
I got to see "The Jeep" yesterday.Looks like brand new!!I think when Hiram talks about off roading he's talking about off rt 201 :D:D:D

Hiram357
08-07-2006, 07:11 AM
I got to see "The Jeep" yesterday.Looks like brand new!!I think when Hiram talks about off roading he's talking about off rt 201 :D:D:D

haha, no, if you see the jeep after i'm done off roading, it's broken and beat to heck, within hours after getting home the tools are out (and so is the was bucket) what good is it if you don't take care of it? :D It's a Jeep, not a Hummer, it gets used off road. :D

Hiram357
08-07-2006, 07:11 AM
Not bad if you have a REAL 4wdr and a good driver......;) :eek:

one word... :p

Hiram357
08-07-2006, 07:12 AM
Harris Mt., hmmm--guess we'll have to go have a look! How bad was it?

word of advice... go over the rocks, not around. :D

Smitty & Co.
08-07-2006, 01:38 PM
Last week we were able to see the area of Hiram's mishap on Harris Mt. It was good for a chuckle or two. Heed his advice and hug the inside of THAT corner and go OVER the ledge not around it. Better yet.....get advice from TRF (Steve) and Haffy. They made it most of the way and would have conquered it if not for a tree across the road. It will most definately put your rig through a gauntlet of four-wheeling. Buckle-up!! :D

Haffy
08-07-2006, 02:04 PM
The easy part was where the tree was across the road and only a few hundred feet from the cache. Bummer that they tore down the tower after we were there but probably is good from a safety standpoint.

Hiram357
08-07-2006, 03:58 PM
Last week we were able to see the area of Hiram's mishap on Harris Mt. It was good for a chuckle or two. Heed his advice and hug the inside of THAT corner and go OVER the ledge not around it. Better yet.....get advice from TRF (Steve) and Haffy. They made it most of the way and would have conquered it if not for a tree across the road. It will most definately put your rig through a gauntlet of four-wheeling. Buckle-up!! :D

:p :p :p

once you get past those big rocks its smooth sailing from there, until you hit the mudholes.

Northwoods Explorer
08-11-2006, 09:12 AM
Try this log for a off road adventure.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=a5a4ba6c-8622-47b7-919d-f1a257eebe0b

Sabby
08-11-2006, 10:05 AM
came across this cache while browsing the NY forums.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=d406efbd-efc5-473b-8d0b-2ca37aeaa832

Some of you Maine 4 X 4 owners might like it :D

Gotta go to PA to find it though.

Hiram357
08-11-2006, 11:11 AM
ARG! and i'm in warren PA today too!!! someone quick! start driving down here so by the time you get here I'll be ready to be pulled out!!:D :D :D

came across this cache while browsing the NY forums.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=d406efbd-efc5-473b-8d0b-2ca37aeaa832

Some of you Maine 4 X 4 owners might like it :D

Gotta go to PA to find it though.

Hiram357
08-20-2006, 11:32 AM
OK, so I know this is short notice... but the 26/27th I had reserved Omaha Beach (up in millinocket) for a geocaching, 4wd, camping, adventure... but things have come up... and we have room for about 3 more vehicles (4x4 is a must) if anyone is interested let me know...

attroll
08-20-2006, 11:33 AM
OK, so I know this is short notice... but the 26/27th I had reserved Omaha Beach (up in millinocket) for a geocaching, 4wd, camping, adventure... but things have come up... and we have room for about 3 more vehicles (4x4 is a must) if anyone is interested let me know...
I am in and I hope my name is on the list as we discussed earlier.

Hiram357
08-20-2006, 12:32 PM
I am in and I hope my name is on the list as we discussed earlier.

Don't worry, You're still on the list :D
Jake is half on and half off... he needs to get his priorities straight...:rolleyes:

attroll
08-20-2006, 07:49 PM
Jake is half on and half off... he needs to get his priorities straight...:rolleyes:
Cool. The only question is whether Donna is coming with me or not. I may bring the kayaks and just camp and kayak if Donna comes because she is not into the 4 wheeling part of it. We'll see. But I am coming, I just need to have Donna make up her mind if she is coming too.

Hiram357
08-20-2006, 09:11 PM
Cool. The only question is whether Donna is coming with me or not. I may bring the kayaks and just camp and kayak if Donna comes because she is not into the 4 wheeling part of it. We'll see. But I am coming, I just need to have Donna make up her mind if she is coming too.

that would be fine with me (because there's not going to be too many nice weekends left...) and i dont think theres a whole lot of wheelin caches (except the one thats at the beach) jake knows of a few, if it turns out to be that maybe well bring a canoe or somethin with us...

firefighterjake
08-21-2006, 08:25 AM

I think we have to write off Jake as he is now 99.9% off . . . he had his priorities straightened when his wife mentioned something about spending a day or so working on the house since the master bedroom, downstairs bathroom and a quarter of the living room is gutted and the cedar shingles on the front of the house are all stripped off now with only a layer of tarpaper stapled on to it (on the flip side, my house now looks like many of the other homes in Waldo County ;) :D ). Besides, I can't really complain since I went on a mega-three day camping/caching trip two weekends ago and my wife never complained.

Keep me in mind for the future.

firefighterjake
08-21-2006, 08:26 AM
that would be fine with me (because there's not going to be too many nice weekends left...) and i dont think theres a whole lot of wheelin caches (except the one thats at the beach) jake knows of a few, if it turns out to be that maybe well bring a canoe or somethin with us...

Do a search around Millinocket . . . there's a number of caches (some virtuals) off the Golden Road and in the general area. I think a few of them would be off-road-able.

Hiram357
08-21-2006, 04:39 PM
*post edited* I messed it up

Hiram357
08-21-2006, 04:39 PM
Hear YE Hear YE, This will also be a good oppourtunity for those of you that kayak and canoe (since we'll be on a beach and all) :D and I'll supply the smore's too! :D

attroll
08-22-2006, 12:18 AM
Tink and me are going and brining our kayaks along. Hopefuly more will come if not we then we will have fun anyways.

firefighterjake
08-22-2006, 10:56 AM
Hear YE Hear YE, This will also be a good oppourtunity for those of you that kayak and canoe (since we'll be on a beach and all) :D and I'll supply the smore's too! :D

Well since you're making the S'mores . . . I may have to reconsider. ;)

Actually, I have some incredibly great news . . . in fact I'm practically leaping out of my seat as I write this.

I'M GOING!!!!!!!!!!!

It may only be for the day or I may stay overnight and then skedaddle home bright and early, but I'm in. Shoot me a PM about where I should meet you guys and when . . . I'm always partial to breakfast at Governor's . . . but I am ready to go and I am so stoked.

So how did this occur you might be asking yourself . . . and my answer is -- I have the best wife in the world (I know, I know . . . Dave says that Gail is the best, but I can only say that Gail must be the best wife in the world for him since clearly my wife is the best in the world ;) :D ). She called me today at work to let me know that she was working Wed-Friday, but her supervisor called her up asking her if she would work Thursday-Saturday and be paid extra for having her schedule messed up (on top of the extra pay for working a weekend.) This in itself is great news . . . but Heidi's first thought was to call me to let me know that if I wanted to make any plans for the day I would be free to do so which means I can do this event . . . see, I told you she is the best wife in the world.

Now I have to admit I did check the American Folk Festival to see if there were any must-see performers, but nothing really stood out to me this year (unlike a year or so ago when Karan Casey performed -- one of THE BEST Celtic singers/bands) so I thought I would make it up for at least the day.

And it just gets better and better since Heidi mentioned about taking time on Sunday to go on a boat ride (I won two boat rides at an on-line auction) as a way of taking a break from working on the house. Is this woman great or what? Man, I have to be the luckiest guy?

OK, enough ranting . . . so what are the details of this trip Hiram? I've got some caches in mind that need doing and some off-roading impulses to work out of my system . . . as long as they don't entail anything like what happened to you on Harris Mountain. ;) :D

attroll
08-22-2006, 11:15 AM
Awesome Jake. Glad you can make it now. I don't know if I will be 4 wheeling with you and Arron, but I am bringing our kayaks with the wife and we will be kayaking from the camping area.

firefighterjake
08-22-2006, 11:21 AM
Awesome Jake. Glad you can make it now. I don't know if I will be 4 wheeling with you and Arron, but I am bringing our kayaks with the wife and we will be kayaking from the camping area.

Have you ever camped at Omaha? It's probably one of the best places I have ever camped at . . . well actually I camped at Little Omaha Beach. It is an incredible place . . . woke up one morning to watch a moose and her calf eating calmly eating breakfast across the river from us. Nice flat water . . . well mostly unless you go upstream (or is it downstream) and then it can get interesting.

attroll
08-22-2006, 12:12 PM
Have you ever camped at Omaha? It's probably one of the best places I have ever camped at . . . well actually I camped at Little Omaha Beach. It is an incredible place . . . woke up one morning to watch a moose and her calf eating calmly eating breakfast across the river from us. Nice flat water . . . well mostly unless you go upstream (or is it downstream) and then it can get interesting.
No I have never been there but Arron sent me the cache coordinates and if that is the place it look pretty nice. We are looking forward to it.

tat
08-22-2006, 12:39 PM
Is there a put in other than the beach? It looks like there are some rapids between there and River Pond and falls between there and Sencer Cove.

firefighterjake
08-22-2006, 03:30 PM
Is there a put in other than the beach? It looks like there are some rapids between there and River Pond and falls between there and Sencer Cove.

I'm not sure since I'm not really much of a kayaker and I've only rafted the upper portion of the Penobscot. Dave/Gail know this area pretty well as does Maniac1957 and Dave1976 I believe.

attroll
08-25-2006, 02:25 AM
I may have a problem. I don't know if I am going to have to work Saturday or not. My machine I work on broke down Tuesday for about three hours and we have been trying to play catch up all week. I know someone is going to work Saturday, but I do not know which shift they are going to make work. I think they are going to make first shift work. I should be alright, but if they make second shift work then I will not be able to make it. I will know at 3 pm when I go in today. Hiram I have your home phone number. I will call you the minute I find out if you want me too?

Hiram357
08-25-2006, 07:36 AM
I may have a problem. I don't know if I am going to have to work Saturday or not. My machine I work on broke down Tuesday for about three hours and we have been trying to play catch up all week. I know someone is going to work Saturday, but I do not know which shift they are going to make work. I think they are going to make first shift work. I should be alright, but if they make second shift work then I will not be able to make it. I will know at 3 pm when I go in today. Hiram I have your home phone number. I will call you the minute I find out if you want me too?

I'll be home probably after 5... so you can either call and leave a message or send me a PM, stupid works gets in the way of everything, We were thinkin about meetin at the Big Stop in Newport at 6:00am and heading up caching along the way, what are your thoughts on the situation? :confused:

attroll
08-25-2006, 11:45 AM
I'll be home probably after 5... so you can either call and leave a message or send me a PM, stupid works gets in the way of everything, We were thinkin about meetin at the Big Stop in Newport at 6:00am and heading up caching along the way, what are your thoughts on the situation? :confused:
How about 7:00am. That way I can get a little sleep. I am going to try and call work here in a little bit and see if they know at noon if I am going to have to work tomorrow. I will keep you posted.

attroll
08-25-2006, 12:00 PM
I was looking at the map and caches I have not done and if we head up from Newport using route 7 and picking up route 16 in Dover-Foxcroft to Milo and getting on route 11 to Millinocket there are a whole bunch of caches I have not done. This is the way I have always taken to get to Baxter. I am game for what ever route everyone wants to take though.

firefighterjake
08-25-2006, 12:14 PM
I was looking at the map and caches I have not done and if we head up from Newport using route 7 and picking up route 16 in Dover-Foxcroft to Milo and getting on route 11 to Millinocket there are a whole bunch of caches I have not done. This is the way I have always taken to get to Baxter. I am game for what ever route everyone wants to take though.

You must have been reading my PMs to Hiram. This is something I shot to him as some possible caches to catch along a route . . . a bit different than your route I think. ;) :D

----

I'll definitely be coming up for the day . . . Sunday is devoted to a sailboat -- uh, I mean schooner -- ride with my wife and then some work around the house . . . you should see it, I'm living in a house that is completely open to the outside other than a thin layer of plastic (a would be cat burglar need only bring an Exacto knife and they can be inside!)

I don't know if you have nailed down any times, meeting places, etc. but I have a few suggestions . . . or I can try to meet up with you guys at some point.

If you're interested in breakfast the Irving's Truck Stop/Big Stop or whatever it's called in Newport offers some half decent chow.

I was then thinking of heading up Rt. 7 through Dexter and taking Rt. 6 near Dover-Foxcroft with the intention of hitting the following caches on Rt. 16.

Sebec River Cache GCQC84
Brownville Slate Quarry GCQ5J8
Whetstone Bridge Rest Area GCQVTP
Junction Function GC45AA

And possibly these caches which are a little ways off the beaten path, but kind of, sort of on the way.

Demonstration Forest Cache CCQV3B
KI Find GC45AB
Short Jaunt to the Gaunt GCA22B
Bubbling Spring Cache GCWAJN

Hitting this in-town cache . . .

Dancing Dave Memorial Cache GCQHJK

And then there are a bunch of caches near the camping area on the Golden Road.

Omaha Beach GCQ50C (unless they've improved the road in you'll like the drive in with your Jeep)

Postcard From the Mt GCFAC
Sticks and Stones GCRV3T
Havin' Abol GC505E
Pitman Mt GC7ADD (this is a 4WD cache and was one of the proposed caches for the Tread Lightly 2006 event which we didn't get to)

At this point if you elect to continue on a bit further you can drive a bit out of the way for this cache.

Ten Forty Pond GCVJY9 (another possible 4WD cache)

And then there are a series of virtual Northern Maine Woods caches . . . and the Cardinale Family Geocache GCQ5VH (another 4WD cache according to the description)

Let me know what your thoughts are.

I'll be concentrating more on the geocaching/off-roading rather than camping/relaxing/boating so if the group doesn't want to focus on caches I can just wander off and do some myself and check in with you guys to say hi.

FFJake

attroll
08-25-2006, 12:43 PM
Sounds like a plan then Jake. I just called work and they said I am not scheduled to work tomorrow. So we should be all set. If something changes when I get to work I will call Hiram at home tonight and let him know. So we should set a meeting time for the Big Stop or should we just meet in New Port at the Mac Donald's instead? The later the better for me.

The G Team
08-25-2006, 12:54 PM
You're killing me, guys--I'll be there in spirit at least (darned work!). Have fun!

attroll
08-25-2006, 01:00 PM
You're killing me, guys--I'll be there in spirit at least (darned work!). Have fun!
I really wish you could make it Mike. I understand though. Family is more important.

Heck I just logged the caches we did on 22 and 23 July for the Tread Lightly event today. I hope I got them all. If not, no big deal the main thing was that I had fun and I did.

The G Team
08-25-2006, 01:50 PM
Rick, do you have a list of what we did--I haven't logged any of 'em, and have probably forgotten half of them :rolleyes: Thanks!

Michael

attroll
08-25-2006, 02:15 PM
Rick, do you have a list of what we did--I haven't logged any of 'em, and have probably forgotten half of them :rolleyes: Thanks!

Michael
Mike you should be able to look at my GC page and it is the last 14 I logged. I know there were some that I had already done that you might not have though. You might have to get with Hiram or someone that went that weekend and get a complete list. What I did was look at Hiram's and Jakes GC page and logged that ones that I did with them. I might have missed some. If you get a complete list post it for me. Don't forget the two DNF's. LOL

Hiram357
08-25-2006, 05:28 PM
I really wish you could make it Mike. I understand though. Family is more important.

Thats why I consider my Jeep part of the family :D

Dave and Gail
08-25-2006, 06:03 PM
Man,,I wish I was going up with you guy's , but Gail really wants to hit the folk festival. I guess there are a couple of bands from Cape Breton and the stubborn canadian just has to see them. RATS!!!:( I'll be thinking of you guys, up in my old stomping grounds, and one of my favorite beaches. Hey Jake,,don't forget to take them to our cache "Dibs on the cribs" while you are up that way. Just because you got FTF on it does'nt mean you can't stop in again. LOL By the way, if you are hitting the micro in Millinocket, I suggest you also swing up and do "Mike and Tims first Millinocket Cache"GCQHPQ,, it is one of the best views of Katahdin around and a really nice spot at the dam at the foot of Millinocket lake. All offroad driiving to get to it also, but 4wd not needed. Have a GREAT time guy's. Happy caching and kayaking,,,"Dave"

firefighterjake
08-25-2006, 08:14 PM
Man,,I wish I was going up with you guy's , but Gail really wants to hit the folk festival. I guess there are a couple of bands from Cape Breton and the stubborn canadian just has to see them. RATS!!!:( I'll be thinking of you guys, up in my old stomping grounds, and one of my favorite beaches. Hey Jake,,don't forget to take them to our cache "Dibs on the cribs" while you are up that way. Just because you got FTF on it does'nt mean you can't stop in again. LOL By the way, if you are hitting the micro in Millinocket, I suggest you also swing up and do "Mike and Tims first Millinocket Cache"GCQHPQ,, it is one of the best views of Katahdin around and a really nice spot at the dam at the foot of Millinocket lake. All offroad driiving to get to it also, but 4wd not needed. Have a GREAT time guy's. Happy caching and kayaking,,,"Dave"

Beolach is very good . . . I didn't stay as long as I could of or should of though . . . you guys should like them . . . something about Celtic music just makes you want to dance a jig, stomp your foot and let out a whoop now and again.

If Gail likes Celtic music have her listen to Solas -- a very good Celtic band or Old Blind Dog (a band of Scots that play Celtic.)

Thanks for the tip on Mike and Tim -- originally I was thinking that was way out of our way . . . but now it sounds promising . . . and I kind of figured Hiram would want to do Dibs -- I meant no slight -- I just did it already and kind of forgot about adding it to the list.

------

See you guys at 8 a.m. at Newport's BS . . . looks like Newport will be THE PLACE to gas up.

attroll
08-25-2006, 08:56 PM
Folk festival or camping and geocaching, hmm. I don't see where there is any question there. Camping rules and geocaching just adds to it!.

We went to the the folk festival last year and I did have fun with the friends that we were there with. The only music that I really enjoyed there was the celtic music there. We had a great time though.

Dave and Gail
08-25-2006, 09:25 PM
Yup,,I agree Rick, no comparison there for me either. The only good point is that we are going to the festival with Dave 76 and Girlmate, and Mainiac. Truly enjoy their company, and have made some awesome new friends and aquaintances since we have started this hobby. Have not met a cacher yet that I did'nt like, it's too bad some of us live so far apart and can't get together more often. Just have to make the best of times when we do. Enjoy your weekend guy's, I'll be thinking of ya.:D "Dave"

attroll
08-25-2006, 09:40 PM
Yup,,I agree Rick, no comparison there for me either. The only good point is that we are going to the festival with Dave 76 and Girlmate, and Mainiac. Truly enjoy their company, and have made some awesome new friends and aquaintances since we have started this hobby. Have not met a cacher yet that I did'nt like, it's too bad some of us live so far apart and can't get together more often. Just have to make the best of times when we do. Enjoy your weekend guy's, I'll be thinking of ya.:D "Dave"
I understand I was just giving you a hard time. Have fun and enjoy yourself. You will be with good company.

Hiram357
08-25-2006, 09:47 PM

man... and I even bought the canadian beer for the weekend... :D

Mainiac1957
08-25-2006, 10:40 PM
I too love caching and camping, but the Folk Festival is only one weekend a year. We went over and caught the Cape Bretton band tonight as well as a kick ***** Zydeco band. The weather tomorrow looks to be awesome for whatever activity you're into. Hope to see you all on the 9th at the Bashe:rolleyes: (Shameless Plug):D

attroll
08-25-2006, 10:46 PM
I too love caching and camping, but the Folk Festival is only one weekend a year. We went over and caught the Cape Bretton band tonight as well as a kick ***** Zydeco band. The weather tomorrow looks to be awesome for whatever activity you're into. Hope to see you all on the 9th at the Bashe:rolleyes: (Shameless Plug):D
You will see me at the event on the 9th Brad and I have a present for you.

Mainiac1957
08-25-2006, 10:49 PM
I just love getting presents:p :D :rolleyes:

firefighterjake
08-26-2006, 06:45 AM

That's funny . . . I was there with Becket and Hollora listening to Beolach for awhile and I never saw you.:D Of course there were a few hundred people there listening to them.

brdad
08-26-2006, 07:05 AM
That's funny . . . I was there with Becket and Hollora listening to Beolach for awhile and I never saw you.:D Of course there were a few hundred people there listening to them.

We were there for that whole performance, too! I was the big guy on the left. I think we're heading back today when it starts, maybe we'll run into each other then.

Mainiac1957
08-26-2006, 07:29 AM
I'll be there today with a few other again. Give us a ring if you'd like to hook up.

brdad
08-26-2006, 07:41 AM
I'll be there today with a few other again. Give us a ring if you'd like to hook up.

I don't think Lee has your number anymore. PM it or you'll have to call us. Everyone should have worked out a place to meet every 3 hours if they wanted to. I actually assumed all cachers would be at the beer tent, anyway, but it's not PC to profile anyone.

WhereRWe?
08-26-2006, 08:00 AM
I actually assumed all cachers would be at the beer tent, anyway, but it's not PC to profile anyone.

Sheesh! They had a beer tent? LOL!

RULOST2? and I were at BIA watching the excitement there. We actually saw the diverted plane land, and knew that something was up when we saw Air Force types outside watching the plane with binoculars. Then the jet fighter flew over the airliner and we knew something was up.

Then we heard about it on CNN on the Sirius radio. We could also see the TV van across the runway, but the camers were obviously pointed in the wrong direction to catch us on TV. :( :(

Cache Maine
08-26-2006, 08:49 AM
RULOST2? and I were at BIA watching the excitement there.

I heard a report that they removed people from the fence that were taking pictures. Was that you? :eek:

WhereRWe?
08-26-2006, 09:18 AM
I heard a report that they removed people from the fence that were taking pictures. Was that you? :eek:

No - no pictures - we just watched. That was probably after we left - which was shortly after CNN made their first announcement. By then, most of the passengers had been taken off, and the bomb squad was already on the scene - not much to see then.

Hiram357
08-27-2006, 08:22 PM
Sooooo anyways... back to the Off Road caching thread...

for those of you that didn't go, ya missed out :p we had everything from loons to moose at an extremely secluded little campsite next to a gentle set of rapids on the upper penobscot. :D We hid the cache near the spot where we camped that should be posted within the next week. (4x4 and good clearance is required) Well post pics soon.

attroll
08-27-2006, 11:06 PM
Yes those that did not go missed one heck of a time. As Hiram said we had moose new the campsite, loons, good company, games, and even hid our first caches as a group (ORCA). Look for a new event coming hopefully on on 7,8,9 October. Yes this will be a three day overnight event if we can work everything out. We will hopefully post something by the end of the week.

Cache Maine
08-28-2006, 06:47 AM
Glad you guys (and girls?) had a good time. Can't wait to see the pictures!

attroll
08-28-2006, 11:35 AM
Glad you guys (and girls?) had a good time. Can't wait to see the pictures!
Oh No, pictures. I hope Hiram got some pictures or Jake because I the ones I got were only for our group hide for hints. I know Jake will pull through for us.

firefighterjake
08-28-2006, 12:03 PM
Oh No, pictures. I hope Hiram got some pictures or Jake because I the ones I got were only for our group hide for hints. I know Jake will pull through for us.

I left my camera home for the day . . . I do have some nice shots of some lighthouses from my Sunday cruise on the ketch A Morning In Maine as well as my house front wrapped in plastic. :D

Cache Maine
08-28-2006, 12:23 PM
first caches as a group (ORCA)

Could this be the Off Road Caching Association??!?!?!

attroll
08-28-2006, 12:30 PM
Could this be the Off Road Caching Association??!?!?!

No we are not an Association. We are Adventures.

Hiram357
08-28-2006, 04:09 PM

Speaking of... you need to send those to me so I can make up the cache page. :D

tat
08-28-2006, 08:10 PM
Look for a new event coming hopefully on on 7,8,9 October. Yes this will be a three day overnight event if we can work everything out. We will hopefully post something by the end of the week.

I wonder if I can convince my boss I need to telecomute until the end of October!

attroll
08-29-2006, 12:39 AM
Sorry to inform everyone but the October 7, 8, 9 event can not happen. Maybe we will look at other weekends.

firefighterjake
08-29-2006, 08:04 AM
Sorry to inform everyone but the October 7, 8, 9 event can not happen. Maybe we will look at other weekends.

Actually another date would probably work better for me since I'm doing an ATV Club Ride in Greenville on the 7th . . . so don't be sorry at all!

The G Team
08-29-2006, 09:26 AM
Any ideas for other dates? I am ready for a trail ride or three, having somewhat gotten caught up on projects.

attroll
08-29-2006, 10:11 AM
The next available dates for me so far are as follows:
30 Sept 01 Oct
Any weekend in Oct

firefighterjake
08-29-2006, 11:45 AM
The next available dates for me so far are as follows:
30 Sept 01 Oct
Any weekend in Oct

It's hit-or-miss with me . . . it all depends on my wife's work schedule, how the house is coming, the weather, work schedule (Fall generall picks up for me and I actually end up having to work) and the ATV Club events and meetings.

attroll
08-29-2006, 11:57 AM
I just look at things going on in Maine in the weekends in October and there are two more new events that were just posted. So those dates are probably out now too unless we decide not to go to those events and just go have fun.

21 October Crown of Maine -- Dash for the Cache (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=505ac80c-3922-4372-a8a1-da5d771a47d7)
15 October Mt. Agamenticus Work Day event (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=3311ac77-f7c5-4ac2-9442-bf00b37d3dcf)

So it looks like the only free weekends would be:
7 & 8 Oct
21 & 22 Oct
28 & 29 Oct

attroll
08-30-2006, 12:54 AM
We added a new forum to the web site quite some time ago and I have been playing with if for some time. I finally released it to the public. It is a subscription forum. So only those that subscribe to it can go to it and read and post in it. Everyone has the ability to subscribe to it.

I am letting the people know that have been following this thread because you may have an interest in this subscription forum. The forum is for Maine geocachers that enjoy 4 wheeling and caching together. Those that have not interest in off road geocaching do not have to subscribe to this forum.

The forums can be subscribed to by going to your USERCP and then clicking on GROUP MEMBERSHIPS. From there it should be self explanatory. Once you have subscribed to the group you should see the forum called "Off Road Caching Adventurers". If you have any problems please let me know.