View Full Version : Sign up for the 2nd Annual Northern Maine Overnight Event

J_Cyr
08-08-2006, 04:40 PM
Time to sign up... time is ticking!

I know Limestone is far north for most of you, but carpool! We're going to have a great time and would like to see as many faces possible.

There is PLENTY of room at this park and we have it all to ourselves that weekend. Bring your family pets, bring your friends & family.

Small campers and tents are just fine! We're going to have a good time, just ask the people who attended last year.

In a few more weeks I am going to make an itinerary on gcmaine on who can bring what for the BBQ sat night.

There is a whole lot of caches to do here in the county, so come early and stay long! Hope to see you all there.

Team2hunt
08-08-2006, 05:37 PM
I'll be there, and bringing 1manteam, and KK I believe. Camping out for the weekend. All of us.

J_Cyr
08-08-2006, 07:41 PM
Ok --- the only thing is, right now they are opening the park to us only on the 23-24. There is locking gates there, so I will look into seeing if they will allow another night of camping (I assume you mean friday night too)

The G Team
08-08-2006, 09:03 PM
Ok --- the only thing is, right now they are opening the park to us only on the 23-24. There is locking gates there, so I will look into seeing if they will allow another night of camping (I assume you mean friday night too)

We'd do Friday as well if possible--hope to have the entire G Team attend this year with our new pop-up. Please advise--will still come if it's only Saturday night, of course.

J_Cyr
08-08-2006, 09:26 PM
Ok. Well I am going to talk with the town office again shortly and I will ask. If they approve, you may have some local company join you if that's ok. I haven't camped much all year, so the more the better for me! I will let you know. I hope you all come as well.

Hiram357
08-08-2006, 09:56 PM
unless somethin comes up, I'm there. :D

J_Cyr
08-08-2006, 10:10 PM
unless somethin comes up, I'm there. :D

Like finding out about a new mud hole? :D

Hiram357
08-08-2006, 10:20 PM
Like finding out about a new mud hole? :D

well sometimes work gets in the way of geoaching, and I start a new job on the 21st, I'm hoping it won't change things too much. :D (and no mudholes yet... i'm still saving for a winch and i hafta extend the breather tube on the tranny before i can sink the jeep) :D

attroll
08-09-2006, 12:01 AM
I am in, you know that unless work screws me over at the last minute. People need to know that Saturday night is an all night event. If you going to camp with us we site around the fire and have a good time until 2 in the morning at least. I am sure that Jordan will also have some more midnight caches going on for us too.

Mainiac1957
08-09-2006, 06:15 AM
I had something come up and I can't do the 23rd. I do plan on coming up the weekend before and spending Sat night someplace.

J_Cyr
08-09-2006, 11:13 AM
That's too bad. Looking for a campground? I can give you some #'s if you want

firefighterjake
08-09-2006, 09:05 PM
I'll be going to the County . . . but it may be a bit earlier than this event. ;)

Incidentally, does the Chinese place in PI have the buffet every night or just select nights? And Bonanza is still open, right?

Mainiac1957
08-09-2006, 09:22 PM
I'll be going to the County . . . but it may be a bit earlier than this event. ;)

Incidentally, does the Chinese place in PI have the buffet every night or just select nights? And Bonanza is still open, right?
Jake We may need to talk depending on your plans

firefighterjake
08-09-2006, 09:54 PM
Jake We may need to talk depending on your plans

Uh, well unless your plan to go up North is tomorrow then I'm afraid we may be out of luck . . . I want to beat the crowds since you know how shy I am! ;) :D

J_Cyr
08-09-2006, 10:08 PM
Yes, buffett every night. I like Bonanza, personally. There are 3-4 chinese places around here.

Hiram357
08-10-2006, 02:03 AM
and they've got taco bell!!!!!! :D :D :D

and Jordan, I was very dissapointed about how few grab and goes are up that way, there's too many friggen multis and puzzle caches up there! I can't spend all day at work tryin to solve puzzles and tromp around town, when do you expect me to sleep and eat lunch(all 3 of em)??

Haffy
08-10-2006, 08:04 AM
Personally I liked "Slopes" the best.

J_Cyr
08-10-2006, 10:09 AM
Personally I liked "Slopes" the best.

If you have time to sit down and wait for a few hours.

Hiram -- there are plenty grab and goes now. But -- us northern geocachers work for our caches up here, we don't mess around!!!

Hiram357
08-10-2006, 12:36 PM
Personally I liked "Slopes" the best. Hey, I just fixed their ice machine yesterday... boy does that place look expensive. but their beer vats looked inviting!

Hiram357
08-10-2006, 12:37 PM
If you have time to sit down and wait for a few hours.

Hiram -- there are plenty grab and goes now. But -- us northern geocachers work for our caches up here, we don't mess around!!!

really? I only saw a couple that looked like they would be grab and goes, the rest looked like all multis and puzzles. and i just updated my gpx files on monday.

Northwoods Explorer
08-11-2006, 08:42 AM
Nordic Heritage is a hot spot around the lodge and wax building. No password needed if you are interested.:D

Northwoods Explorer
08-11-2006, 08:53 AM
It all depends on how you define a grab-n-go, the day before yesterday I spend two hours looking for a grab-n-go. Finally found it but not quickly. There are many Grab-N-Go Caches but you never know until you find them. I spent an hour in Sullivan because I had never seen a Nano container but finally realize what it way by counting. First bolt cache was a grab-n-go but having never seen them before it took a bit. You will find a number of nano containers up here now. One I can think of you can do from your car if you can find it. There are also several 5 gallon buckets. Looking forward to seeing you guys come up for a visit. Try looking at route 11 for a trip up and route 1 for the return.

Northwoods Explorer
08-11-2006, 09:16 AM
If you look within 75 miles of PI you will find a number of FTF still waiting for someone. Guess what it is not due to a lack of effort on our part, some are just hard. I found one yesterday on my third try and from the evidence and logs lots of other people had tried without luck. Just removed one the other day due to construction but there were lots of DNF with a few found.

firefighterjake
08-13-2006, 09:05 AM
and they've got taco bell!!!!!! :D :D :D

and Jordan, I was very dissapointed about how few grab and goes are up that way, there's too many friggen multis and puzzle caches up there! I can't spend all day at work tryin to solve puzzles and tromp around town, when do you expect me to sleep and eat lunch(all 3 of em)??

I don't know . . . I found plenty of micros, multis, puzzles and, yes, lots of grab and go caches as well.

firefighterjake
08-13-2006, 09:08 AM
. . . Try looking at route 11 for a trip up and route 1 for the return.

That's exactly what I did on my recent three day marathon caching/camping trip . . . I-95 to Rt. 11 north and then Rt. 1 south followed by a short jaunt down Rt. 2 to nab a few on the way down.

J_Cyr
08-13-2006, 09:55 AM
That's exactly what I did on my recent three day marathon caching/camping trip . . . I-95 to Rt. 11 north and then Rt. 1 south followed by a short jaunt down Rt. 2 to nab a few on the way down.

I see you logged in some caches today. You still up here?

The G Team
08-13-2006, 10:21 AM
Jordan, any news on the campground possibly being available Friday evening as well as Saturday? Just trying to plan ahead. Thanks!

J_Cyr
08-13-2006, 06:37 PM
I know.. I am actually waiting to hear back from her... she was suppose to call me back when I last talked to her on Wed... I will try again tomorrow.

firefighterjake
08-13-2006, 11:13 PM
I see you logged in some caches today. You still up here?

Nope . . . just up for three days of wild debauchery . . . well caching, camping and eating lots of junk food. ;) :D I see that I missed seeing you guys at a few caches.

Incidentally, I'm still logging them here . . . I had a very good time geocaching there. Like most folks I had a few DNFs (keeps a guy humble) and I can honestly say there were a ton of caches that I throughly enjoyed (especially the ones where I learn something -- and especially the ones with a history lesson.)

Keep up the great work County geocachers!

J_Cyr
08-13-2006, 11:22 PM
Thanks Jake!

If you want some help with your DNF's let me know... I should be around here somewhere, PM me if you want my cell#.

Take my advice --- stay in the county-- there is nothing for you in the grand falls area!! :)

firefighterjake
08-14-2006, 09:41 AM
Thanks Jake!

If you want some help with your DNF's let me know... I should be around here somewhere, PM me if you want my cell#.

Take my advice --- stay in the county-- there is nothing for you in the grand falls area!! :)

Thanks, but I probably won't get back up your way until next summer (or this winter if we have a winter like last year . . . and then it will be for sledding and not geocaching.)

Re: Grand Falls Area . . . Not much fun doing those caches . . . or so I've read. ;) :D