View Full Version : RE: An open invitation

firefighterjake
08-24-2006, 08:45 AM
Becket and I are planning on attempting BrDad's Eagle Eye Stash Cache tomorrow afternoon around 1 p.m. or so. Our plan is to meet at the corner of Rt. 9 and 46 near a church and head out . . . anyone is more than welcome to join us as we attempt to find this cache -- I still have nightmares about Ol' 470 and only found Battleship as easily as I did since a geocacher happened to mention a cache -- not by name -- and how it was hidden when I interviewed him in my early geocaching days.

Afterwards we're thinking about heading to the Folk Festival to catch a bite to eat and listen to some music . . . and once again anyone is more than welcome to hook up with us if they're interested.

Any takers?

Sudonim
08-24-2006, 08:52 AM
Eagle eye is a very pretty spot. Enjoy the trip!

Cache Maine
08-24-2006, 09:03 AM
Afterwards we're thinking about heading to the Folk Festival to catch a bite to eat and listen to some music . . . and once again anyone is more than welcome to hook up with us if they're interested.

Any takers?

I'm out of work at 5 pm....maybe I can catch up with you guys at the festival. I've never been so maybe this is the year! :)

WhereRWe?
08-24-2006, 09:55 AM
Becket and I are planning on attempting BrDad's Eagle Eye Stash Cache tomorrow afternoon around 1 p.m. or so. Our plan is to meet at the corner of Rt. 9 and 46 near a church and head out . . . anyone is more than welcome to join us as we attempt to find this cache -- I still have nightmares about Ol' 470 and only found Battleship as easily as I did since a geocacher happened to mention a cache -- not by name -- and how it was hidden when I interviewed him in my early geocaching days.

RULOST2? and I were planning on being in the Bangor area tomorrow, but not sure if we want to try this hike. :confused: :confused:

firefighterjake
08-24-2006, 11:23 AM
I'm out of work at 5 pm....maybe I can catch up with you guys at the festival. I've never been so maybe this is the year! :)

It's a lot of fun Cameooooooo . . . for folks who have never gone it's not like everyone is sitting around strumming the zitar and singing about magical dragons . . . there's a real blend of music from around the country and the world.

In addition there are folk artists who have some unbelievable works of art -- braided rugs, quilts, wood carvings, etc.

And then on top of that, there's the chance to sample some "world cuisine" from India, Korea, etc. . . . or you can "play it safe" and eat something at the Governor's booth (as for me I like the chance to try something new and different.)

That said, I'm sad to say that my Irish Celtic idol Karan Casey won't be performing there this year as she did two years ago so I can't vouch for how good the Celtic performers will be! ;) :D

firefighterjake
08-24-2006, 12:56 PM
In case anyone is interested:

www.americanfolkfestival.com (http://www.americanfolkfestival.com)

hollora
08-24-2006, 01:05 PM
Jake - have talked with Becket and am planning on joining you tomorrow for the hunt. Looking forward to it. Thank you.

firefighterjake
08-24-2006, 02:16 PM
Jake - have talked with Becket and am planning on joining you tomorrow for the hunt. Looking forward to it. Thank you.

Becke said you might be coming along . . . it will be nice to catch up on old times . . . you don't mind hanging out with a couple of Magellan users do you? ;) :D

Are you thinking of grabbing something to eat at the AFF afterwards?

firefighterjake
08-24-2006, 02:17 PM

I assume Becke has your cell phone number so we can all figure out a time to meet if you are interested.

firefighterjake
08-24-2006, 02:18 PM
RULOST2? and I were planning on being in the Bangor area tomorrow, but not sure if we want to try this hike. :confused: :confused:

If you're planning on catching a few of the new caches in the "downtown" area you'll have to be pretty stealthy unless you get there early since the Festival brings a notable increase in the number of people and cars starting around noon-time or so.

If you're still in town you guys are more than welcome to join our little impromptu get-together for some international cuisine and music.

Mainiac1957
08-24-2006, 03:42 PM
I have enjoyed the Folk Festivals since they started 4 years ago. I can usually be found there from kickoff on Friday night until they throw me out on Sunday afternoon. I believe Dave and Girlmate will be coming over tomorrow night with me. And I will be meeting up with a few others on Saturday as well. Yes, the variety of foods is one of my favorite parts to be sure. Hit my cell and we can get together sometime during the festivities.

firefighterjake
08-24-2006, 03:55 PM
I have enjoyed the Folk Festivals since they started 4 years ago. I can usually be found there from kickoff on Friday night until they throw me out on Sunday afternoon. I believe Dave and Girlmate will be coming over tomorrow night with me. And I will be meeting up with a few others on Saturday as well. Yes, the variety of foods is one of my favorite parts to be sure. Hit my cell and we can get together sometime during the festivities.

Does Becke or anyone have your cell phone number?

I'm still in the dark ages and don't have a cell phone.

Cache Maine
08-24-2006, 04:07 PM
Does Becke or anyone have your cell phone number?

Bucket (he he he) has my number, I have Brads, Brad has Dave's, Dave has mine, I have Becke's, ummmm....I think we are good. :D

Mainiac1957
08-24-2006, 04:42 PM
No but you DO have a GPS. No wait it's a magellan, I guess you are still in the dark ages:D :p

Yes Jason, us that have cells do have numbers for other with cells. Ah progress, ya gotta love it.

brdad
08-24-2006, 04:55 PM
How cool, a plan to do one of my caches!

Don't worry, FFJ - it's not a tough find - the puzzle itself is most of the work. Hope you enjoy the view!

Bruce, it's not a real tough hike. It is steep in a few spots. Not a long ways from parking. Bring some water, though!

We kind of left the weekend free in hopes we might go the festival at least once.

Either way, have fun at EaglEye, I'd join you but I have to work for a change tomorrow. :)

becket
08-24-2006, 05:14 PM
Bucket (he he he) has my number, I have Brads, Brad has Dave's, Dave has mine, I have Becke's, ummmm....I think we are good. :Djake, i have phone and/or cell phone #s for cameo, brad, dave, lois ann, 2 phone #s for you and phone numbers for lots more people! oh! wait! you and lois ann will be with me! :D :D :D bucket! geez, cameo! one little typo and now everyone is going to call me that! well, as long as they pronounce it "bouquet" as in hyacinth on "keeping up appearances" :D

hollora
08-24-2006, 05:45 PM
Perfumely perfect Becket! Look forward to our trek tomorrow and if lucky - another micro in the area will get published [;)] soon!

Hiram357
08-24-2006, 05:56 PM
*sigh* Sorry Jake, some of us have to work :(

dí76
08-24-2006, 06:25 PM
I will be at the festival tomorrow night and I will see you all there.

:) :) :) :)

firefighterjake
08-25-2006, 08:24 AM
No but you DO have a GPS. No wait it's a magellan, I guess you are still in the dark ages:D :p

Yes Jason, us that have cells do have numbers for other with cells. Ah progress, ya gotta love it.

Hey we've all got tin cans and string down in Unity so having an actual corded phone is quite something up here in the big city of Bangor. ;) :D

firefighterjake
08-25-2006, 08:25 AM
How cool, a plan to do one of my caches!

Don't worry, FFJ - it's not a tough find - the puzzle itself is most of the work. Hope you enjoy the view!

Bruce, it's not a real tough hike. It is steep in a few spots. Not a long ways from parking. Bring some water, though!

We kind of left the weekend free in hopes we might go the festival at least once.

Either way, have fun at EaglEye, I'd join you but I have to work for a change tomorrow. :)

Thanks for the reassurances . . . I now approach all of your caches with a sense of trepidation (much as I do Laughing Terry and VicBiker's caches).

If you're kicking around this evening give someone a call . . . or maybe we can give you a call . . . assuming that someone that will be with us will have a cell phone and your number.

firefighterjake
08-25-2006, 08:27 AM
*sigh* Sorry Jake, some of us have to work :(

Work? What's that? I work for City Government . . . all I know is that I show up at this office and every Thursday they give me a piece of printed paper that I take to the bank and they exchange it for real money. It's a pretty neat concept. ;) :D

firefighterjake
08-25-2006, 08:27 AM
I will be at the festival tomorrow night and I will see you all there.

:) :) :) :)

Sounds good . . . as usual I always enjoy hanging out with you.

Did you ever sell that ATV of yours? Just curious.