View Full Version : First group cache hide

attroll
08-28-2006, 11:49 AM
We did our first group cache hide on 26 August 2006. It is a very easy find but you will need a high clearance 4 wheel drive to get to it. The drive to it is not difficult. The only issue is the rocks and that is why you need a 4 wheel drive with some clearance on it.

Our goal as the ORCA's is to place a cache every time we get together and do something as a group.

Hiram let us know the link to the cache when you get it done.

Hiram357
08-28-2006, 04:12 PM
Hiram let us know the link to the cache when you get it done.

(I'm still waiting on some pictures of the cache) *hint**hint* ;) ;)

Hiram357
08-28-2006, 04:56 PM
I also thought that I would mention we made our first ORCA FTF on Saturday too! at the Milo Cache :D :D :D

firefighterjake
08-29-2006, 11:42 AM
Just let me know when the next trip will be . . . I'll try not to steer you guys to a party place. As I mentioned in my PM to Hiram I realized afterwards that some of the river guides party there. Little Omaha and Wheelbarrow Pitch (as you discovered) are pretty nice.

I need to go back to that area for an overnight though to get some virtuals and snag some of the other caches in the area.

A future ORCA trip might be in Washington County off Rt. 9. There are some pretty remote places there as well.

attroll
08-29-2006, 11:51 AM
Just let me know when the next trip will be . . . I'll try not to steer you guys to a party place. As I mentioned in my PM to Hiram I realized afterwards that some of the river guides party there. Little Omaha and Wheelbarrow Pitch (as you discovered) are pretty nice.

I need to go back to that area for an overnight though to get some virtuals and snag some of the other caches in the area.

A future ORCA trip might be in Washington County off Rt. 9. There are some pretty remote places there as well.
I will have to look that up on the map. Where about in Washington county off route 9, what town is the near?

firefighterjake
08-29-2006, 12:38 PM
I will have to look that up on the map. Where about in Washington county off route 9, what town is the near?

Somewhere between Beddington and Grand Lake Stream . . . I've never camped there but I believe there are some spots on Chemo Pond, Eagle Lake, Deer Lake and I think Sabao Pond.

attroll
08-29-2006, 12:58 PM
Somewhere between Beddington and Grand Lake Stream . . . I've never camped there but I believe there are some spots on Chemo Pond, Eagle Lake, Deer Lake and I think Sabao Pond.
I am sure there tons of place up there. I do not know the area though. I went moose hunting up there last year and there are tons of logging roads through out that area and is seems like people just camp in some of those spots. I looked at the map and found Deer Lake, Eagle Lake. There are campsites scattered all through the are there. I found one on a place called Duck Lake that looks pretty good too.

Hiram357
08-29-2006, 04:28 PM
Theres a really good spot just off of Rt 1 in ellsworth, I see people camping there all the time!! :rolleyes: Just kidding, I have a waypoint marked for a campsite just off of rt 9 on the machias river, its about 1/2 mile off the road.

d’76
08-30-2006, 07:26 AM
I am sure there tons of place up there. I do not know the area though. I went moose hunting up there last year and there are tons of logging roads through out that area and is seems like people just camp in some of those spots. I looked at the map and found Deer Lake, Eagle Lake. There are campsites scattered all through the are there. I found one on a place called Duck Lake that looks pretty good too.

Ahhh, My stumping grounds.

Deer lake, Duck and alligator all have nice areas. Alligator doesnt have a capsite near it but Deer lake does. Its where all the kids go to have parties. It gets kinda rowdy there from time to time.

attroll
08-30-2006, 11:20 AM
Ahhh, My stumping grounds.

Deer lake, Duck and alligator all have nice areas. Alligator doesnt have a capsite near it but Deer lake does. Its where all the kids go to have parties. It gets kinda rowdy there from time to time.
After this last weekends outing we had I think Hiram will agree with me. If it is a party area we do not want to be camping there.

becket
08-30-2006, 01:54 PM
After this last weekends outing we had I think Hiram will agree with me. If it is a party area we do not want to be camping there. so what happened? sounds like it wasn't good!

attroll
08-30-2006, 02:22 PM
so what happened? sounds like it wasn't good!
Nothing happened. Maybe Hiram will explain more. I don't have time now I am running late for work.

Basically we set up camp and found out that are neighbors were the partying type. So we picked up camp and moved 1/2 mile down the road, which turned out to be a better place anyways.

Hiram357
08-30-2006, 04:28 PM
After this last weekends outing we had I think Hiram will agree with me. If it is a party area we do not want to be camping there.

I've already started polishing the assault rifle for the next outing... :cool:

hollora
08-30-2006, 08:47 PM
Want to know that alternate camp site ........... also you have the start of a great coin!

Hiram357
08-30-2006, 08:52 PM
Want to know that alternate camp site ........... also you have the start of a great coin!

You'll pass it on the way to our new cache, the campsite is called wheelbarrow pitch. :D

firefighterjake
08-31-2006, 07:17 AM
You'll pass it on the way to our new cache, the campsite is called wheelbarrow pitch. :D

I've camped there more than a few times . . . but I prefer Little Omaha Beach (which is different than the regular Omaha Beach) . . . I should have known that going on a Saturday night to OB would be a bad idea since a lot of the River Raft guides party there . . . I just figured it is a spot specifically reserved for large camping groups -- of course as Hiram and crew discovered "reservations" and X number of tent sites apparently mean very little when you're two miles off the paved road. I am glad things worked out for you guys though.

Hiram357
08-31-2006, 07:47 AM
Okay!!! Go Get It!!! Gcy1rf Gcy1rf Gcy1rf Gcy1rf Gcy1rf Gcy1rf!!!

hollora
08-31-2006, 08:53 AM
Gotta get a 4 X 4!

Hiram357
09-04-2006, 09:56 PM
Congrats To Dave And Gail For Venturing Off To Grab The Ftf On Our First Orca Hide. :)