View Full Version : Finally... 100

FuddsGirls
09-03-2006, 11:56 AM
It seems like it took too long when we watch other people's numbers climb but we finally hit 100 finds. Fudd and I did some micro caching this weekend while the kids were away and learned a few things in the process. 1. that we are not skilled at this enough to try micro caching in Lewiston without the clues, and 2. that not all puppies are in the guardrail. We are definately getting more addicted and enjoying taking our time. Thanks for all the great caches so far:D

Beach Comber
09-03-2006, 12:01 PM
That is awesome!! It has been great to meet you at events and look forward to seeing you all again!

d’76
09-03-2006, 12:48 PM
It seems like it took too long when we watch other people's numbers climb but we finally hit 100 finds. Fudd and I did some micro caching this weekend while the kids were away and learned a few things in the process. 1. that we are not skilled at this enough to try micro caching in Lewiston without the clues, and 2. that not all puppies are in the guardrail. We are definately getting more addicted and enjoying taking our time. Thanks for all the great caches so far:D

Congrats. I remember that it took a wicked long time for us to find our first 100 and then after that they just came so much faster. And yes your right. Not all puppies are in guardrails. They are not all in film canisters either. Some folks have changed the canisters to altiods tins and other stuff. Now onto the next 100
:D :D :D :D :D

WhereRWe?
09-03-2006, 12:58 PM
Way to go! Now that you're experienced cachers, you need to go for the TOUGH ones! LOL! ;) ;)

Hiram357
09-03-2006, 08:47 PM
and only 1,231 caches to go until you beat the top cacher in maine!!! :D :D :D

team teebow
09-03-2006, 09:18 PM
Congrats to you!! REMEMBER it isn't a numbers thing!:D

vicbiker
09-03-2006, 10:18 PM
Remember meeting you at the meeting in Waterville.Congratulations on the first big step.The next 100 will fly by!!

attroll
09-03-2006, 10:32 PM
Just remember. "it's not about the numbers"

Mainelyroses
09-03-2006, 11:12 PM
Congratulations!! You're doing great..now on to the next 100!!!:)

becket
09-04-2006, 06:21 AM
very cool! here's to the next 100! congratulations

FuddsGirls
09-04-2006, 08:41 AM
I known its not a numbers thing for sure. The girls and I, and now Fudd, throughly enjoy all the beautiful and interesting things we've seen and learned. The next 100 will probably take 2 more years but we aren't weekend couch potatoes anymore and we are all hooked:D

Cache'n Jacksons
09-04-2006, 08:43 AM
Nice job!! Take your time, you know what they say about quality versus quantity.... :)

Mainiac1957
09-04-2006, 09:22 PM
The cachers that say that the most seem to have the fewest finds.:rolleyes: :D Coincidence, I think not.:p :rolleyes: I am totally kidding here gang. Way to go Debbie on that first great milestone. See you on Saturday at the Bashe.

hollora
09-06-2006, 09:41 PM
Time is relative - but enjoyment lasts forever!;) If you have savored each find that is what counts.:D There are many reasons why the numbers go as they do - do not be bothered - just savor each moment, memory and place that you visit. If you are having a good time - that is what counts! Keep on caching!

parmachenee
09-07-2006, 05:16 AM
I known its not a numbers thing for sure. The girls and I, and now Fudd, throughly enjoy all the beautiful and interesting things we've seen and learned. The next 100 will probably take 2 more years but we aren't weekend couch potatoes anymore and we are all hooked:D

You've got the right idea and will find much more enjoyment this way than getting caught up in the numbers game. Congrats on the milestone and the attitude.:)

msteelee
09-07-2006, 06:47 AM
Congratulations! You'll see how quickly the next milestone comes, but more importantly, how many beautiful places you'll visit and wonderful memories you'll make. It's so healthy to be out and moving and exploring (even if it's a little - or a lot - addictive). Hope to see you on the trails or at the BASH. Good job!

Team2hunt
09-07-2006, 07:10 PM
Congrats! 100 caches = 100 stories. It is about the experiences. Now on to 200 and beyond! :)

steverph
09-08-2006, 08:07 AM
Your story about taking 2 years to get to 100 is similar to mine. I really enjoy geocaching but I have other pastimes that I spend time on as well so I am clearly not as dedicated as lots of the folks in Maine. The rubber chicken I found in my 100th cache reminded me that Laughing Terry has been at this for about as long as I have but he has logged about 750 more caches! I am still having fun and my caching trips might not be frequent but they are special. I also share your gratitude for the efforts of the folks who have placed all the caches I found on my way to 100.

firefighterjake
09-08-2006, 08:12 AM
Your story about taking 2 years to get to 100 is similar to mine. I really enjoy geocaching but I have other pastimes that I spend time on as well so I am clearly not as dedicated as lots of the folks in Maine. The rubber chicken I found in my 100th cache reminded me that Laughing Terry has been at this for about as long as I have but he has logged about 750 more caches! I am still having fun and my caching trips might not be frequent but they are special. I also share your gratitude for the efforts of the folks who have placed all the caches I found on my way to 100.

Ah yes, the perennial problem of having too many other fun hobbies . . . plus the annoying aspect of actually having to go to work (well, in my case I use the word "work" rather loosely being a government employee :D ). It might be an interesting thread sometime to find out what other hobbies people do in their free time when not geocaching. In fact, I might just start a thread.