View Full Version : Armed and ready

attroll
09-05-2006, 12:33 AM
Hiram I am armed and ready for our next camping/off roading trip are you? Do you have anything in mind. I would like to do one before it gets to cold.

Maybe at Wheelbarrow Pitch on October 21-22?

The G Team
09-05-2006, 05:46 AM
Sounds good!

Hiram357
09-05-2006, 08:06 AM
That weekend looks open for me

attroll
09-05-2006, 12:23 PM
Cool.

Arron should we call and make reservations for two and Wheelbarrow pitch then?

So far we have:
Me and Tink
Mike
Hiram and Wife

firefighterjake
09-05-2006, 03:55 PM
Cool.

Arron should we call and make reservations for two and Wheelbarrow pitch then?

So far we have:
Me and Tink
Mike
Hiram and Wife

I don't think these sites are reservable, but are more on a first-come, first-serve basis. I could be wrong though.

OK, so maybe my advice for OB wasn't so good . . . but Little Omaha is pretty sweet though!

attroll
09-05-2006, 06:23 PM
I don't think these sites are reservable, but are more on a first-come, first-serve basis. I could be wrong though.

OK, so maybe my advice for OB wasn't so good . . . but Little Omaha is pretty sweet though!
Arron told me that he called someone last time for reservations.

Hiram357
09-05-2006, 10:17 PM
Big Omaha, and a few other sites are reservable, but wheelbarrow pitch is not one of the... (geeze rick, dontya remember having this conversation already??? remember I brought it up because it was posted on the inside of the outhouse along with "discharging firearms at your lunch" ) I think a scout party should go ahead early on friday and make sure that a tent is in place and the road blocked to ensure we've got the site....

attroll
09-06-2006, 12:26 AM
Maybe we can talk Dave and Gail to go in on Friday and put up some junk tents or something to hold it for us. Or they could go in Friday and set up camp and stay the night and wait for us to show up Saturday.

firefighterjake
09-06-2006, 04:34 AM
Big Omaha, and a few other sites are reservable, but wheelbarrow pitch is not one of the... (geeze rick, dontya remember having this conversation already??? remember I brought it up because it was posted on the inside of the outhouse along with "discharging firearms at your lunch" ) I think a scout party should go ahead early on friday and make sure that a tent is in place and the road blocked to ensure we've got the site....

. . . and set up a few machine gun nests, a mine field and string up some barbed wire.

I suspect getting a spot here in early to mid-October shouldn't be an issue anyways since most of the summer campers will have packed it up long ago. Again, only my opinion.

"Reservable" . . . for all the good that did you guys, huh?

firefighterjake
09-06-2006, 04:37 AM
Arron told me that he called someone last time for reservations.

I was going to respond to this one, but I think Aaron explained it pretty well . . . just certain spots such as Omaha Beach are supposed to be "reservable" for groups.

Hiram357
09-06-2006, 07:39 AM
. . . and set up a few machine gun nests, a mine field and string up some barbed wire.

Hey, you and I think a lot alike!! :D

I suspect getting a spot here in early to mid-October shouldn't be an issue anyways since most of the summer campers will have packed it up long ago. Again, only my opinion.

and le't not go there Mr. Youguysneedtocampatomahabeach..... :rolleyes: :p

firefighterjake
09-06-2006, 08:08 AM
Hey, you and I think a lot alike!! :D

and le't not go there Mr. Youguysneedtocampatomahabeach..... :rolleyes: :p

Well I have been wrong before . . . but I tell ya I still think those spots would be open . . . or just do what I sometimes do . . . pick a road off the Golden Road, drive up in as far as you want/can and then pitch a tent off the beaten path.

dí76
09-06-2006, 10:04 AM
Well I have been wrong before . . . but I tell ya I still think those spots would be open . . . or just do what I sometimes do . . . pick a road off the Golden Road, drive up in as far as you want/can and then pitch a tent off the beaten path.

If you are determined to use a campsite that is full you could always act like the state Natural Resources Defense Council and tell them that the area has been quarenteened because of contamination of some sort. Not that I would know if that worked;) , but it could:D

Hiram357
09-06-2006, 04:03 PM
If you are determined to use a campsite that is full you could always act like the state Natural Resources Defense Council and tell them that the area has been quarenteened because of contamination of some sort. Not that I would know if that worked;) , but it could:D

Yeah... some uhhh contanimants have become introduced to the river from the power station further upstream... we're going to have to ask everyone to evacuate... all the good looking women can stay.... :rolleyes:

Hiram357
09-07-2006, 05:51 PM
haha! hey Rick, I think I have now made my boss a Hi-Point convert too!! He was in total disbelief as I was explaining the guns (and the prices) and now he's making a side trip in solon on his way up to camp this weekend. :D Anyone that talks crap about Hi-Point either hasn't ever used one, doesnt know anythign about them... or is just a fool... and i pitty da foo :cool:

The G Team
09-07-2006, 07:02 PM
Don't let Jeff Cooper hear you say that! 1911 all the way--that tiny .35 is for sissys! (Man, I miss my old Series '70 Gold Cup!).

Hiram357
09-07-2006, 07:12 PM
Don't let Jeff Cooper hear you say that! 1911 all the way--that tiny .35 is for sissys! (Man, I miss my old Series '70 Gold Cup!).

well you know what they say about the old dogs with attitudes....:D
who said anything about a .35? Rick and I just bought a couple of .40's :D :D :D (and i've got a hi-point 9mm comp, and carbine) admit it... they're good stuff! :)

The G Team
09-07-2006, 07:21 PM
Well, it IS a John Browing design, so it's not all bad ;-)

A .40 still isn't a .45, but I will admit to carrying my snubby .38 much more often than my .45 back in the day.

Hiram357
09-07-2006, 07:37 PM
Well, it IS a John Browing design, so it's not all bad ;-)

A .40 still isn't a .45, but I will admit to carrying my snubby .38 much more often than my .45 back in the day.

Well... if I had to choose... I'd rather have a BAR... :D

Nothing wrong with a snub, that's just about all i carry (because it's too hot to wear the clothing to conceal anything else!)

The G Team
09-07-2006, 08:23 PM
BAR is fun--I had, IIRC an H&R manufactured one. They only had a 20 rd. mag, though, and was pretty heavy w/carry handle and bipod. Expensive to feed, too--ought six was a lot tougher to get good deals on than 7.62 Nato. One of our associates made a BAR-K (Bark--get it?) by cutting a BAR down to about a 10" barrel--it did BARK, too--and the muzzle blast was quite a site. Machine guns are a more expensive hobby than Jeeps!

Hiram357
09-07-2006, 08:26 PM
BAR is fun--I had, IIRC an H&R manufactured one. They only had a 20 rd. mag, though, and was pretty heavy w/carry handle and bipod. Expensive to feed, too--ought six was a lot tougher to get good deals on than 7.62 Nato. One of our associates made a BAR-K (Bark--get it?) by cutting a BAR down to about a 10" barrel--it did BARK, too--and the muzzle blast was quite a site. Machine guns are a more expensive hobby than Jeeps!

Yeah, I think I'm going to combine the two hobbies and mount machine guns on my Jeep :D

The G Team
09-07-2006, 08:35 PM
Too bad it's illegal to shoot from a vehicle in Maine--vehicle mounts are cool!

Hiram357
09-07-2006, 08:38 PM
Too bad it's illegal to shoot from a vehicle in Maine--vehicle mounts are cool!

well then I'll put a seat on top so I won't be in the vehicle, technically I'll be shooting from the seat. ;)

attroll
09-07-2006, 09:07 PM
Hiram, if you boss is making a side trip you may want to tell him that me and you bought the last two they had so they maybe not have any. He may want to call ahead of time.

Hiram357
09-07-2006, 09:16 PM
Hiram, if you boss is making a side trip you may want to tell him that me and you bought the last two they had so they maybe not have any. He may want to call ahead of time.

oh, i didn't know they were the last ones, did you notice if they have any other hipoints there?

attroll
09-07-2006, 10:35 PM
oh, i didn't know they were the last ones, did you notice if they have any other hipoints there?
Yes they had I believe one 9MM left I think.