View Full Version : N. Maine 2nd Annual Event - Please RSVP

J_Cyr
09-06-2006, 10:22 PM
Added on 9/6/06 Just two weeks away is the 2nd Annual event for Northern Maine. Below is a list of who has signed up for this event so far. I am also posting this on the event site on geocaching.com at http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=01df28be-2054-4718-8274-7c2028f6ceee Please let me know if you cannot make it ASAP or you want to come and are not on the list yet. A head count is very helpful before an event to prepare for food and activities. I also want to know if everyone can bring something for a BBQ on Saturday afternoon. The event will start around 3- or whenever starts getting there. If all goes well, I should be there from 230-on. For the BBQ I am looking for the following drinks, side dishes, deserts, hotdog/hamburger buns, plates/cups, etc (be creative, but list it so we can count on you bringing it) In other words, we don't need four potato salads showing up! I am going to cook some hamburgers and hotdogs. I also need a headcount on hamburgers and hotdogs (how many you want would be helpful) Also how many people are in your group (like wife, kids... etc) And the last thing I need is who will be camping over. There is many camping grill posts there and it would be helpful if 1 or 2 more people can bring their portable grills (We have a large one at the house and it’s a truck load to bring it and if it’s not a huge group there is no need to bring it) Camping is $12.00 per tent for the night. Small campers (popups) are ok. Dogs are not recommended but if you must, they must be leashed. The fee to use the campground for the day is free. I have the campground signed up for our event only, there will be no other’s around camping at this time. Thanks the sooner you reply the easier it is for me to get a number idea!
So I will say this again in what I am expecting from people when they reply to this thread.

1.) Sign up if you plan on coming.

2.) Let me know to take your name off if you know you will no longer be coming.

3.) Sign up for a side dish/drinks/desert/etc that you can bring.

4.) Let me know if you are going to be camping.

5.) How many people are coming under your party (ex “Joe” is bringing 4 people, his wife and two kids.)

Please do not reply on this thread if you are not relating to any of the 5 questions above. Thanks and look forward to seeing you there.

Signed up so far:
blevesque
Zonker
Team2hunt
Katadin Goddess
Blazing Trolls
Hiram 357
oobi
Northwoods Explorer
Tat
Maniac 1957

Hiram357
09-06-2006, 10:40 PM
I am a definite yes, the wife is a definite maybe (she might have to work) can I bring a side dish of beer? and yes I'll be pitchin a tent

attroll
09-07-2006, 12:34 AM
I am a definite yes also unless the truck and car both break down. Well the car is broke now so as long as the truck does not break I am a definite yes.

I am hosting a event for my other web site the weekend before and we have already pre-made 250 hamburgers. So if there are any left over I will bring them.

The G Team
09-07-2006, 05:40 AM
I will be there rain or shine. The other two members of the G Team plan to come if it is nice. We will have either one tent (rain) or a pop-up (nice). Is there anything specific you'd like us to bring for the BBQ?

Michael

Mainiac1957
09-07-2006, 06:29 AM
Sorry Jordan, I thought I'd already said I couldn't make that weekend. I am coming up next weekend. (15th) I plan to stay up there for 3 day 2 nights and cache my butt off. I don't know if I will be camping, in a motel or just in my car. Since I have no idea what is open. Maybe we can get together while I'm up there. PM me a number to reach you at if you'd like.

Team2hunt
09-07-2006, 04:24 PM
The Team will be there and I'm bringing 1manteam with me. We will be camping with 1 tent. For the barbeque we will bring the chips. Look forward to the event and the local caches. Coming rain or shine!!

tat
09-11-2006, 05:50 PM
I'll be camping out, and bringing Buritos a la Allagash. :) and maybe ploys too!!

parmachenee
09-11-2006, 08:00 PM
We are posting a "think so" and will be camping....unless it rains all weekend:confused: then maybe motelling??? Anyway...a definite maybe.:D

WhereRWe?
09-12-2006, 07:42 AM
We won't be there for the event. but maybe we can get together for lunch today! LOL!!

(BTW: The food at the Northeastland Hotel is VERY good, and the beer is VERY cold! LOL!) :D :D

Kaching Karen
09-12-2006, 07:41 PM
I'm coming and bringing cookies. I'll share. I also plan on staying overnight.

attroll
09-13-2006, 12:58 PM
Alright Karen. So Jordan. What do you have for a head count now and who is on the list?

Cache Maine
09-13-2006, 02:32 PM
I'm coming and bringing cookies. I'll share. I also plan on staying overnight.

Awwww.....the log on the event page was great! I laughed right out loud. Something about "will bring tent and cookies, will share cookies."

LOL :D

Kaching Karen
09-13-2006, 07:42 PM
Now Cameo, what do you possibly mean? What are you insinuating? LOL.... :confused: I am so sweet and innocent, that I just can't figure it out!

robt
09-13-2006, 08:19 PM
I may be going, depends on how my dr appointment goes on tuesday.

Cache Maine
09-13-2006, 08:19 PM
Now Cameo, what do you possibly mean? What are you insinuating? LOL.... :confused: I am so sweet and innocent, that I just can't figure it out!

:rolleyes:

J_Cyr
09-13-2006, 08:31 PM
New list. If you have a ? by your name you there is a “maybe.”

Blevesque
Team2hunt
1manteam
Katadin Goddess
Blazing Trolls
Hiram 357
Oobi
Northwoods Explorer
Tat
Attroll
Kaching Karen
Rapeller
The G Team
Parmachenee?
Robt?

Please let me know if you and your company prefer hamburgers or hotdogs. Of course I plan on bringing extra, but a rough idea for a headcount on Hamburgers or hotdogs is good. Also, continue with this thread if you plan on coming or no longer will be. Thanks!

parmachenee
09-13-2006, 08:59 PM
Is Friday night available at ASP? We are thinking of driving up Friday and staying two nights. I think this was asked before but not sure.

J_Cyr
09-13-2006, 09:04 PM
I am pretty sure thier campground will be open. Here is the number you can reach them at.
207-768-8341

attroll
09-14-2006, 01:00 AM
New list. If you have a ? by your name you there is a “maybe.”

Blevesque
Team2hunt
1manteam
Katadin Goddess
Blazing Trolls
Hiram 357
Oobi
Northwoods Explorer
Tat
Attroll
Kaching Karen
Rapeller
The G Team
Parmachenee?
Robt?

Please let me know if you and your company prefer hamburgers or hotdogs. Of course I plan on bringing extra, but a rough idea for a headcount on Hamburgers or hotdogs is good. Also, continue with this thread if you plan on coming or no longer will be. Thanks!

You can delete Blazing Trolls and make it Attroll and Tink or you can just leave it Blazing Trolls.

J_Cyr
09-14-2006, 10:24 AM
As of 9/14/06

Blevesque
Team2hunt
1manteam
Katadin Goddess
Hiram 357
Oobi
Northwoods Explorer
Tat
Attroll
Tink
Kaching Karen
Rapeller
The G Team
Parmachenee?
Robt?

Hiram357
09-14-2006, 04:09 PM
You can delete Blazing Trolls and make it Attroll and Tink or you can just leave it Blazing Trolls.

A seperation of powers is it??? Has Donna decided if she's going for sure or not?

Kaching Karen
09-14-2006, 08:14 PM
Hamburgs for me, please. I once saw a pig slaughtered and that was enough for me!

Hiram357
09-14-2006, 08:21 PM
Hamburgs for me, please. I once saw a pig slaughtered and that was enough for me!

I'm the same way, one time I watched this guy make a salad, it was terrible! all the cutting and chopping! first the lettuce, then the carrots! I could just picture them all screaming if they could... the horror... I could never eat vegetables again...;) :rolleyes:

kayakerinme
09-14-2006, 09:15 PM
Finally got the ducks in a row and will be attending the event, then camping. Are there any alternatives for camping on Sunday night... nearby places, etc?

As for burgers, I'd like a couple, and I'll find something good to bring along.

Thanks,
Barry / kayakerinme

J_Cyr
09-14-2006, 09:43 PM
You can call Aroostook State Park like I had mentioned previously. They are in Presque Isle and offer camping. There are also a few other camping grounds locally. But Trafton is closed for season other then are Saturday night which has been reserved for months for this event only. Next year I am thinking about having a full fri-sun weekend campout event.

I am leaning more towards burgers as well. Question being... does anyone want hotdogs? I don't. I will make sure there will be enough, and if needbe I will drive wherever I have to get to more if the case we have more show!

On a side note -- If you don't eat meat... please consider bringing your own dish that would be just fine!! (or maybe you don't like my cooking!)

Hiram357
09-14-2006, 10:06 PM
You can call Aroostook State Park like I had mentioned previously. They are in Presque Isle and offer camping. There are also a few other camping grounds locally. But Trafton is closed for season other then are Saturday night which has been reserved for months for this event only. Next year I am thinking about having a full fri-sun weekend campout event.

I am leaning more towards burgers as well. Question being... does anyone want hotdogs? I don't. I will make sure there will be enough, and if needbe I will drive wherever I have to get to more if the case we have more show!

On a side note -- If you don't eat meat... please consider bringing your own dish that would be just fine!! (or maybe you don't like my cooking!)

Don't forget about the liquid diets! :D do you have a singup list of things to bring or are being brought yet???

RanMan22
09-15-2006, 07:10 AM
Don't forget about the liquid diets! :D do you have a singup list of things to bring or are being brought yet???

A singup list? Are you guys doing karaoke on your trip? :D :D :D

-RanMan22

Hiram357
09-15-2006, 07:55 AM
A singup list? Are you guys doing karaoke on your trip? :D :D :D

-RanMan22

No kareoaoeoeake, but I will be acting out my own revised edition of "The Body Gaurd" (I'll need a volunteer to be kevin costner and another to be the vampire king...) :D

J_Cyr
09-16-2006, 07:42 PM
Just a reminder -- This is a lake park. You are all welcome to bring any boats/kayaks/swimming gear/shorts, etc.

-------- 7 more days... and we will be camping!

(If the weather is half as nice as it was today that would be great!)

attroll
09-17-2006, 05:27 PM
Jordan

How many hamburger do you need us to bring? You name the number and I will bring it. We will also be bringing three bags of chips.

We can also bring eggs. You name the amount and we will bring them

We can also bring the pancake mix. You tell us how many pancakes you want and we will bring them. We will just need someone to bring syrup.

If you need anything else let us know.

Team2hunt
09-17-2006, 08:12 PM
Team2hunt and I'll be bringing 1manteam, we can stick to hamburgers like everyone else. Even though he is only 13 he eats like a horse. We'll be bringing some other good stuff too. Chips and the like. Nothing healthy.

robt
09-20-2006, 12:11 AM
Well, I guess i am going to be a no for the event this weekend. I saw the DR today and he is going to delay my surgery till I have fully recovered from pneumonia and with the weather getting cold I should probally not push my luck. I was to start to eat real food again... :):D :D

J_Cyr
09-20-2006, 01:14 AM
Updated List:

Blevesque
Team2hunt/1manteam
Hiram 357
Oobi
Northwoods Explorer
Tat
Blazing Trolls
ZeroStar_7
Kaching Karen
Rapeller
The G Team
Kayakerinme
Parmachenee?
Saint367?
Katadin Goddess?

We are going with the majority+ of hamburgers and also please I stress, please feel free to bring any games/activities you think would be fun.

Also -- if you have access to some firewood, it would be great, the more the merrier. I have some right now, but it's always good to have more!! Keep the list comming. Please feel free to help me with ideas/games/activities. There will be a night scavenger hunt -- welcome to all if you are camping or not, around 8:30-9"ish". Looking forward to the event--- just a few more days!

J_Cyr
09-20-2006, 01:21 AM
OK --

So the weather is looking like RAIN. 40% showers they are calling for on Sat/Sun.

This event is rain or shine, but would like to know if anyone is cancelling in advance so I can have a headcount. There is no make-up date. Maybe something I can consider for next year. So if you can't make it let me know even if you find out Friday night or Saturday morning. Post here or on the event page. Thanks.

attroll
09-20-2006, 01:56 AM
Well we are scheduled to ride up with Hiram and split the gas, but he wants to leave at 6 or 7 in the morning. That is to early for me. I am trying to compromise with Hiram. I don't think it is working though.

So if he does not compromise and the weather is lousy we will not be attending. If the weather turns out to be a drizzle and not so bad we will drive my truck up.

The G Team
09-20-2006, 05:33 AM
The rest of the G Team has bailed due to the weather report. I will be there one way or another!

tat
09-20-2006, 06:28 AM
I'm still planning on comming. I'll bring a 12x12 dining tent.

firefighterjake
09-20-2006, 08:55 PM
Hmmm . . . a 40% chance of showers means that there really is a 60% chance things will be good weather-wise . . . call me an optimist! Of course what J Cyr might not be telling us is that in the County the real report is a 40% chance of showers . . . and a 60% chance of snow! ;) :D

Rain . . . we don't worry about no stinkin' rain . . . where are the die-hard geo-X folks???

Team2hunt
09-20-2006, 10:09 PM
The Team's are still coming. Rain, snow or whatever. Not sure when or how yet. We are GEO-X

J_Cyr
09-20-2006, 10:29 PM
Thats right --- a little rain never hurt anyone! Thanks and I am going to keep this page updated with Limestone's weather forcast.

You can't trust the weather up here anyway. It was suppose to rain all day today, it drizzled this morning and this afternoon picked up the sun came out and I did 5 geocaches... so thats our forcast for you.

3 days and countdown....

Kaching Karen
09-20-2006, 10:42 PM
I think I can dig out my dining tent. If we string a tarp over the two, we could have a nice area to keep dry in....

attroll
09-21-2006, 12:52 AM
OK. I am still in for this trip. The wife has backed out though. So it looks like just me. Hoping to still catch a ride with Hiram.

J_Cyr
09-21-2006, 06:23 AM
Weather Update!!

Sat (http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdetail/04736?dayNum=2)
Sep 23
http://image.weather.com/web/common/wxicons/31/30.gifPartly Cloudy68°/44°20% http://image.weather.com/web/common/blank.gif 68°F

RanMan22
09-21-2006, 06:57 AM
Weather Update!!

Sep 23
http://image.weather.com/web/common/wxicons/31/30.gifPartly Cloudy68°/44°20% http://image.weather.com/web/common/blank.gif 68°F

Participant update:

Cheery to partly excited with a chance of brief scattered joy. :D :D

Wish I could be there -- sounds like a good time. Have fun everyone!

-RanMan22

Hiram357
09-21-2006, 07:39 AM
Weather Update!!

Sep 23

hey, that's Orlando's forcast.... :rolleyes:

Hiram357
09-21-2006, 07:40 AM
OK. I am still in for this trip. The wife has backed out though. So it looks like just me. Hoping to still catch a ride with Hiram.

Yeaup, so far it looks like you and mike are ridin with me. :D

firefighterjake
09-21-2006, 08:15 AM
Yeaup, so far it looks like you and mike are ridin with me. :D

The ORCAs ride again! :D

Team2hunt
09-21-2006, 09:48 AM
The Team's will be staying in Medway, Friday night and on the road to P.I. early am. We will be in the Team Tahoe. Hiram knows which truck to flag down on the highway. If you can catch up to us, we will be caching our way north, to the event.

Hiram357
09-21-2006, 04:12 PM
If you can catch up to us, we will be caching our way north, to the event.

That shouldn't be hard, I'll just set the cruis control to tahoe speed, which averages out about...ohhh 40 -45 mph :p ;)

Hiram357
09-21-2006, 04:13 PM
The ORCAs ride again! :D

does that mean you're comin with us this time?

attroll
09-21-2006, 08:58 PM
Hey that is cool. Jake is coming. Alright Jake. Are you riding with us?

brdad
09-22-2006, 06:15 AM
We are definitely headed south, so we will miss this. Looks like not much caching with the reain, either. :(

Have fun all!

firefighterjake
09-22-2006, 08:22 AM

Uh, no . . . I don't do events . . . remember? :rolleyes:

I meant you had Rick, Mike and yourself so the ORCAs were together again . . . I have to sit this one out as I have a bazillion things to do on the house before snow flies . . . although we finally got the front windows in . . . now I have to shingle, put up trim, insulate a couple more places, sheetrock the bedroom, sheetrock the hallway, install ductwork for the bathroom vent . . . well you get the idea.

I may skip out to Newport on Saturday to pick up a few caches "on my way" while Heidi sleeps (she is working the night shift for the next couple of months) as I need to go grocery shopping as we haven't gone for three weeks or so.

I would have loved to head north again as I love the County in any season . . . but as I mentioned a) I don't do events and b) I'm wicked busy.

firefighterjake
09-22-2006, 08:23 AM
Hey that is cool. Jake is coming. Alright Jake. Are you riding with us?

Unfortunately, no . . . see post above.

It sounds like you should have a half decent ORCA pack though with Mike, Hiram and yourself . . . have a good time in the County.

hollora
09-22-2006, 05:21 PM
Jake does have lots to do on the house - I (we the TGIF gang with becket) have seen the photos! It needs to be what we here in Maine would say "bottoned up" and "finished". So Jake, you go for it.:D

Now, as for the Jake doesn't do events - just don't work on it to hard and it just might happen.;)

Just watch him - he is going to slip right by 500 - no one with him - no spectacular hoo rah - but that's ok! It's Jakes way.:cool:

I am thankful he is our friend, has put out fun, cool caches and is a part of this community!

Hey all - have a great time in the County this weekend. There are loads of caches and sounds like fun. Perhaps I can join you next year.

J_Cyr
09-22-2006, 07:36 PM
Well I will see you all tomorrow afternoon. Drive say and hope for good weather!

attroll
09-23-2006, 01:45 AM
I will be there. I am off to bed now. I have been working on my other web site for almost four hours now. We had it hacked and I had to get it upgraded and all fixed. Were safe on this site though. I upgraded this one weeks ago, but put off the other site because of the size of it. Stupid me should have done that one first.

Looking forward to seeing the hicks from the county again tomorrow. I am wondering what they will have up there sleeve this year.

tat
09-23-2006, 09:11 AM
Live from Shin Pond! I just got map 51 and I'm headed to Limestone, via the last three remaining northern maps!!

It takes rain to make waterfalls!

hollora
09-23-2006, 05:58 PM
You go TAT! Hope everyone has a super weekend! Hope to make it to the "county" later in the fall.

Hiram357
09-24-2006, 06:37 PM
Jordan your event kicked asprin! :D Had a great time (it even gave me gas!;) ) Despite the weather that was off and on, everyone that didn't go missed out big time! The night time adventure was one that won't be forgotten :D can't wait til next year!

attroll
09-24-2006, 07:26 PM
Jordan, I could not imagine that it could have gotten any better then last year, but it did. Wow, how many night caches did we end up doing on Loring and the surrounding area? I can remember 11 night caches and then the incident of all of us getting pulled over by the police and board patrol on the last cache.

Gee, I wonder why they got suspicious with three SUV and 14 people in them?

I had a great time with great people. I enjoying sitting around the campfire with everyone until 3 am in the morning. Next time we will have to limit the amount of firewood we let Troy put in the fire pit at one time though. I still have a couple eyelashes left I think.

Keep up the good work Jordan.

This is surely an event I will never forget. I can not wait to do this again next year.