View Full Version : Maine's 2005 Geocoin

Smitty & Co.
09-16-2006, 09:03 PM
Hey geocoin people.....the #10 2005 Maine Geocoin is now in circulation and can be found in Our Carrying Place Falls Cache (GCJBN5 ) in Pleasant Ridge, Maine. I believe it is the lowest numbered coin now in circulation. Have at it!! :D

Fish Seal
10-04-2008, 11:09 PM
I found the same coin, numbered 0630. However, I have not been able to log it. I would like to log it and move it on. Is the database tied into geocaching.com? How should/do I log it? Thanks.
FS

WhereRWe?
10-05-2008, 06:42 AM
Hi, Fish Seal!

The 2005 coin is only trackable on the geocachingmaine.org web site.

On the home page for GeocachingMaine.org, look at the right side of the page, about 1/3 down, and you'll see a box for "Maine Geocoin Tracking. That will allow you to log it and see where's been.

Thanks for stopping by, and visit us often!

(I also answered this question via email... :D:D)

Opalsns
10-05-2008, 08:08 AM
Hey geocoin people.....the #10 2005 Maine Geocoin is now in circulation and can be found in Our Carrying Place Falls Cache (GCJBN5 ) in Pleasant Ridge, Maine. I believe it is the lowest numbered coin now in circulation. Have at it!! :D

Sitty and co. Are you back????
Are you going to revive your caches???
Can we place a couple caches in areas that yours are archived or are you going to revive them???
I emailed you at the begining of summer and you never got back to me.:confused:
Opalsns

Hiram357
10-05-2008, 08:15 AM
Sitty and co. Are you back????
Are you going to revive your caches???
Can we place a couple caches in areas that yours are archived or are you going to revive them???
I emailed you at the begining of summer and you never got back to me.:confused:
Opalsns

*note the date of smitty's post* 09-16-2006, 09:03 PM

Opalsns
10-05-2008, 09:37 AM
OOHHHHhhhhhhhhhh!
I guess I'll be placing those caches after all!!! Tee Hee!!!
Thanx Hiram!!!
Opalsns

Team Cache Divers
07-11-2011, 03:08 PM
Hi, Fish Seal!

The 2005 coin is only trackable on the geocachingmaine.org web site.

On the home page for GeocachingMaine.org, look at the right side of the page, about 1/3 down, and you'll see a box for "Maine Geocoin Tracking. That will allow you to log it and see where's been.

Thanks for stopping by, and visit us often!

(I also answered this question via email... :D:D)

I looked on the maine (main) :) page for the link or any information to log a 2005 Maine Geocoin and cannot find it nor do I see it on the page. We (Team Cache Divers) have come into the possession of one (925) and we would like to know how to log it and more information about it if possible. Is it already registered and/or can we keep and share it? Thanks to everyone for your help in advance!

brdad
07-11-2011, 03:22 PM
Those were only loggable through this site, and I think the page has been discontinued. That will have to be be verified by Attroll, I'll see what I can find out.

attroll
07-13-2011, 12:12 AM
The old tracking page is still available. I need to get it posted on the front page again somehow.
Here is the url to the page:
http://www.geocachingmaine.org/cointracking/coin.htm

Haffy
08-28-2011, 11:33 AM
The old tracking page is still available. I need to get it posted on the front page again somehow.
Here is the url to the page:
http://www.geocachingmaine.org/cointracking/coin.htm

Firgured this was the appropriate place to let everyone know that I am in possession of coin # 0001 the 1st geocoin from Maine. Cameo mailed it back to me after she decided she was going to discontinue the traveling scrapbook that she had the coin in and was bringing it around to events for a while. I had donated it to GCM at the initial coin event after winning it at the drawing. If anyone has a good idea as to how I could donate it back or what to do with it I'm open to suggestions. I really would like the coin to be in Maine where it belongs not collecting dust in my personal coin collection. Thanks Haffy

Mainiac1957
08-28-2011, 08:14 PM
My opinion. Mail it to Dave and let it be incorporated into the Geocaching Maine travel bug plaque.

JustKev
08-29-2011, 06:21 PM
My opinion. Mail it to Dave and let it be incorporated into the Geocaching Maine travel bug plaque.

Can I second that motion?

JustPJ66
08-29-2011, 06:51 PM
Here, Here!

Haffy
09-06-2011, 05:51 PM
Well Dave do you think that this is possible? If so then send me your address and I would be more than delighted to have it placed on the Maine plaque. I know we had discussed this earlier but what do you think? PM me if you want.

brdad
09-06-2011, 07:12 PM
I've held off replying because I have been pondering options. IIRC, I said that I didn't think it'd fit on the plaque. I could fairly easily build a new stand for it, however, and insert that in the center, alone or with our other coins.

http://img.geocaching.com/cache/log/bab974b8-f2bd-4f49-ab7f-8ed28eef5a9c.jpg

Ekidokai
09-08-2011, 12:24 PM
I like that idea.

Haffy
09-08-2011, 04:58 PM
Whatever will work and whatever the general consensus is will work for me,just let me know one way or the other and I can mail it out at anytime.

Haffy
10-03-2011, 04:40 PM
Whatever will work and whatever the general consensus is will work for me,just let me know one way or the other and I can mail it out at anytime.

So bumping this post to see if you have come to a consensus as to what you guys have decided. I can mail it out anytime if I have an address to send it to.

JustKev
10-03-2011, 05:45 PM
If you want, Haffy, you can mail it to me and I'll see that it gets to Dave or who ever. Or, maybe Dave will send you his address. Your call.

brdad
10-03-2011, 07:34 PM
At the event, we were thinking about having me re-do the stand and placing the coin and maybe the QR code for the site as well. I might also be able to incorporate a slot to put some of our cards in there. It's be nice if more people spoke up on this subject, but if you are happy with that haffy, we can do that.

cano
10-03-2011, 08:34 PM
No, we were thinking about redoing the whole plaque :)

Ekidokai
10-03-2011, 11:49 PM
At the event, we were thinking about having me re-do the stand and placing the coin and maybe the QR code for the site as well. I might also be able to incorporate a slot to put some of our cards in there. It's be nice if more people spoke up on this subject, but if you are happy with that haffy, we can do that.

Coin is a good Idea on the stand. The QR code is a bit much.

Mainiac1957
10-04-2011, 04:42 AM
Send it to Dave. He'll make it happen, eventually...:rolleyes:

brdad
10-04-2011, 06:40 AM
No, we were thinking about redoing the whole plaque :)
That was a very short discussion IIRC, which ended in NO! :p

Coin is a good Idea on the stand. The QR code is a bit much.
I don't think it is a bit much. There is plenty of room, and many cachers have phones now which can read the QR code. Not my phone, but many others do.

Ekidokai
10-04-2011, 06:43 PM
It is the sign of the devil.

grandpaclark58
12-01-2011, 03:58 AM
WOW that is super neat. We don't have anything like those in the Midwest. Really cool :)

KinneyClan007
02-03-2014, 10:44 AM
Well since this website is so hard to understand and navigate, I have no freaking clue where to tell you Maine Landers that your 2005 Maine Geocoin 1226 is in a cache here in Oregon. Don't know what else to do, been using this damn website for 30 minutes and still havent figured it out. GRUMBLES. Maybe there should be a link right on the front page and if there is IT NEEDS TO BE MORE OBVIOUS for us dumb blondes. So that is where the geocoin is and I am never returning to this site. To much of a headache, and if I come across another Maine Geocoin, I think it best to leave it alone and save myself the heartache.

Ekidokai
02-04-2014, 12:30 AM
Ditto, been saying this for years.

brdad
02-06-2014, 09:09 PM
Not many of the 2005s in circulation. No need to get all worked up about it!
You can track the coins at http://www.geocachingmaine.org/cointracking/coin.htm - it's a shame that link wasn't mentioned in a previous post - oh wait, it was...