10-15-2006, 09:59 PM
The last two days I have been having problems with the PQ's that I am running through GC.com. Sometimes they come in a zipped file like they usually do. Sometimes they come in a zm9 file type which won't transfer into GSAK. Anyone experience this as well? Know what I need to do differently?
10-15-2006, 10:22 PM
I would suggest that you maybe post the question on the GC forums and maybe someone can answer your question there. They seem to have been having problems with PQ's for some time now but it has been off and on.
10-16-2006, 07:14 AM
They still are zip files inside, and it's not related to geocaching.com sending them differently. I'm deducing that you're using the EZ Armor Suite, or perhaps ZoneMail. Those programs change the extension of zip files they find in question. I used to use EZ Armor software since it was free with Road Runner and I had the same issue with my PQ emails. As I recall, I added them to the "safe" senders list and the problem went away. Then I changed to Norton so I cannot remember the exact steps I took. I've done a couple of Google searches but didn't come up with the specific steps.
10-16-2006, 08:03 AM
I had the same problem. Zone Alarm was causing my problem. Its the ZoneAlarm Mailsafe Renamed .ZIP file. Now I have my pocket querys mailed to me unzipped.
10-16-2006, 10:05 AM
I'll play with these things and see what happens. I do use EZArmor and have been for some time so it didn't make sense to me that it was suddenly a problem. Plus the other day I ran 4 PQ's and two were fine, two were not. Thanks for the tips!
10-16-2006, 07:24 PM
Well, I played with the EZArmor settings and seem to have found a match that allows the zip files through now. These four PQ's transferred ok, we'll see what happens moving forward. Thanks for your help!!