View Full Version : found our first

rmwllc
10-18-2006, 11:32 AM
We found our first cache on Sunday. It was truly fun. We did Andre and the view was special:)

Beach Comber
10-18-2006, 11:54 AM
Awesome! Congratulations and welcome to this crazy world!

firefighterjake
10-18-2006, 12:13 PM
We found our first cache on Sunday. It was truly fun. We did Andre and the view was special:)

Congrats . . . and welcome to geocachingmaine.org.

hollora
10-18-2006, 12:25 PM
You're on your way .......... congratulations!

rmwllc
10-18-2006, 12:37 PM
now.... let's see 899 to go till i know what i'm doing

Haffy
10-18-2006, 12:52 PM
On the contrary, it won't take long. Just remember to enjoy yourself and learn to trust your GPSr as long as you have the correct coordinates installed you should have no troubles. One other thing also is to not jump in and try to hide a cache right off. Take the time to get a few caches under your belt and learn from what others have done with their hides. Not every cache will be the same. There are many to choose from. Start with the 1/1's and work your way up to the more difficult ones til you feel comfortable handling the GPS and knowing how to use it correctly. I like the whole array of caches now that I have been caching for a few years . At first I had some reservations about doing micro's but there are some very innovative ones out there and enjoy them as well. There is nothing like a good hike with a view which brings me to a place I have never been to before. I think I maybe found close to 100 caches before I felt comfortable in hiding my first cache. Each person has his or her own feelings about hiding them and that will depend on each individual. The main thing is to have fun and introduce others to the sport as well, you won't be disappointed. Attend the gatherings that take place throughout the year and before long you will have a number of new friends. Happy Caching

Team2hunt
10-18-2006, 07:12 PM
One word of advice that was given to me when we first started. Don't do ALL the caches that are closest to your home. Quickly the travel will become too far to do some quick caching. I have made it a point not to do all the caches in one area. That way I can revisit a special place, to do the remaining caches. Welcome to a very addictive sport, and good luck.:)

Mainelyroses
10-19-2006, 06:40 PM
Welcome to this fantastic sport! You'll soon become an addict like the rest of us:D :D :D
My cache count isn't very high, but I still get withdrawals if I don't read these forums for a couple of days!!!:)

WhereRWe?
10-20-2006, 04:53 PM
One word of advice that was given to me when we first started. Don't do ALL the caches that are closest to your home. Quickly the travel will become too far to do some quick caching.

You know, that's VERY good advice for a new geocacher! Thanks for posting it.

:D :D