View Full Version : RE: At the risk of stirring up last Fall's hornet's nest discussion on hunting . . .

firefighterjake
11-16-2006, 01:31 PM
Here's a link to my bi-weekly humor column . . . feel free to read it . . . or not. Just an attempt on my part to liven things up here some.

http://www.villagesoup.com/guestcolumns/story.cfm?storyID=81721

dí76
11-16-2006, 03:17 PM
Good article but it seems slanted to one side. :)

I hope there wasnt a relation to the Quimby that has closed off much of the North Maine woods for practices that keep this great state alive.:D

firefighterjake
11-16-2006, 04:21 PM
Good article but it seems slanted to one side. :)

I hope there wasnt a relation to the Quimby that has closed off much of the North Maine woods for practices that keep this great state alive.:D

I'm pretty sure there's no relation . . . I think I can say this safely since Pete is a real man's man . . . but when compared to R. Quimby I'd have to say that he looks like a girly girl . . . but that's only because she's do darn masculine looking!:eek:

hollora
11-16-2006, 04:59 PM
Gotta say I enjoyed the whole way through.......and the deer car 10-55s - we have had our share in our family. I think your Dad is right - that is real Prime meat. We even had one occurance that a fawn actually ran down some RR tracks and right into our white van = dead. That meat was more like veal and my Mom did the honors of cutting it up. I think she was 82 - a fond memory.

Ah, yes, the memories of deah season in Maine. For me, I enjoy the calories, cholestoral and commoradre at the huntas breakfasts!

Hiram357
11-16-2006, 11:46 PM
HAhahaah! once again another enlighting story! thanks Jake, btw... did the suby kill the tree?

firefighterjake
11-17-2006, 12:49 PM
HAhahaah! once again another enlighting story! thanks Jake, btw... did the suby kill the tree?

I think it's still standing.