View Full Version : Earthcache Master Program

Northwoods Explorer
11-18-2006, 06:21 PM
Not sure where this one beings but it is one of my favorite so I stuck it here. I am sure you know about earthcaches being returned to the geocaching program but there is something added that you might not know about. It is called the masters program which encourages people to find earthcaches and also to place them. Goto to http://www.earthcache.org/ and look up Master Program and it will show you the requirements. Bronze requires logging three earthcaches in two state and they send you a pin while silver require six in three states and to own one. There is a gold and PT also. The process is free and the pins are very nice. I like earthcaches for their educational value and have made several with others in the works. It is a great way to place a cache in a place of interest that might not allow a container due to the number of people or the water or for any other reason. There are several in Acadia National Park currently with several others around the state. Many of you may already qualify for some or several of the levels. The process takes several weeks to verify the caches you have done and then the pin arrives. To make one of the new earthcache locations it requires a bit more work then a geocache both in writing it up and getting it posted. But it does become a nice lesson for others.:D

hollora
11-18-2006, 08:01 PM
becket and I visited the new ones posted in Acadia National Park shortly after they went up. It was a fun day. We were FTF on the ovens cache and in addition there is a regular cache there. We visited the Schoodic one right after a storm and were amazed at the destruction in the woods. These caches are educational, fun and well worth visiting.

To say the least, we learned a lot. Thank you for posting this information to highlight it to others who may have missed them.

Sudonim
11-19-2006, 12:39 PM
Another nice thing about earthcaches is that you CAN place them in 6 states. No maintenance required, so you can place "vacation" caches and still get them approved.

Yeehawma
11-19-2006, 02:37 PM
Thanks for bringing this to my attention! Once again I've learned something new and exciting by visiting your site. Who said it was just a gossip session for the clique?