View Full Version : Garmin eTrex Vista Accessories

steverph
11-19-2006, 09:55 AM
My eTrex Vista bit the dust :( and I upgraded to a 60 CSx :D. I have the following accessories for sale:

12 volt adapter cable for eMAP, eTrex and Geko (still in package) $20

Handlebar mount $5

PC Serial Port Cable $10

You pay shipping.

Steve O.

Haffy
11-19-2006, 10:15 AM
Just curious Steve but when you say bit the dust,what exactly happened to it? I have one and it gives me fits once in a while but still works.

steverph
11-19-2006, 02:33 PM
Hey John,

It started shutting itself off once in awhile right after it went out of warranty. Very annoying. Unfortunately, it just kept getting worse. I did get info from you last summer about fixing it but did not have the courage to take it apart.

WhereRWe?
11-19-2006, 05:45 PM
Hey John,

It started shutting itself off once in awhile right after it went out of warranty. Very annoying. Unfortunately, it just kept getting worse. I did get info from you last summer about fixing it but did not have the courage to take it apart.

Not to worry, Stever! You did the RIGHT thing by getting a 60csx! LOL!

;) ;)

steverph
11-19-2006, 06:18 PM
I love the 60CSx. I can't believe it picks up satellites inside my house!! It is fast, has a nice bright color screen and is just as easy to use as the Vista.

attroll
11-19-2006, 07:54 PM
I love the 60CSx. I can't believe it picks up satellites inside my house!! It is fast, has a nice bright color screen and is just as easy to use as the Vista.
Steve if you want to get ride of your broken Vista then I will take it off your hands for the shipping cost. Send me a PM.

Haffy
11-19-2006, 08:59 PM
I just received an email from Steve and he returned it to LL Bean where he bought it for a full refund. Even 2 plus years after he bought it there after the warranty ran out from Garmin. Gotta love that LL Bean waranty.

pjpreb
11-19-2006, 09:02 PM
Makes me pretty glad we bought our Garmin at L L Bean (and kept the receipt).

hollora
11-19-2006, 09:34 PM
That is unbelievable and for sure gotta love it. Watch for that unit in an outlet store or Goodwill store soon. It will surely go somewhere. Glad Steve got a reasonable resolved to the unit not fulfilling what he wanted. Interesting story - it pays to save receipts. pjpreb you have the right idea. Cache on all!