View Full Version : How Did I Manage to Miss This Place????

Maine MountainMan
11-28-2006, 04:55 AM
Howdy folks.
I've been at this "geocaching thing" for several years (off and on), and had no idea there was a Maine website.
Now that I know it's here I'll try and stop by more often:)

Scott

Mainiac1957
11-28-2006, 07:27 AM
Nice to see new folks come in and try us out. We have a pretty good little group here. Come to Skowhegan on the 9th. Many of us will be at the event there. Some good charities as well as getting to meet some fellow cachers face to face. Welcome in.

Hiram357
11-28-2006, 08:46 AM
Howdy folks.
I've been at this "geocaching thing" for several years (off and on), and had no idea there was a Maine website.

Scott

Well... we were trying to keep this place a secret... now that you know about it... sorry we're gunna have to kill you... :cool:

:D Welcome and enjoy! :D

firefighterjake
11-28-2006, 08:56 AM
Howdy folks.

Scott

Welcome to geocachinmaine.org MaineMountainMan . . . I have some fond memories of Bethel -- I proposed to my wife at Screw Auger Falls (figured if she said no I could always throw myself over the falls :D . . . fortunately she said yes . . . well fortunately for me, not so fortunate for her :D ). My best friend's dad lives in Bethel (after migrating there from Massachusetts) so I used to go there every once in a while so Matt could combine a visit with me and his dad . . . haven't been there in some time though and I know there's got to be plenty of caches out that way, right?

Haffy
11-28-2006, 09:35 AM
Welcome MaineMountainMan. As you can read we have a pretty diverse group of cachers here from all walks of like and age groups. Nice to have someone from the western Maine area and look forward to you spending more time here on the site and maybe meeting at an event in the near future. Don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have about anything geocaching related,we always have someone here who can be helpful. Happy Caching Haffy

d’76
11-28-2006, 10:09 AM
Welcome to geocachinmaine.org MaineMountainMan . . . I have some fond memories of Bethel -- I proposed to my wife at Screw Auger Falls (figured if she said no I could always throw myself over the falls :D . . . fortunately she said yes . . . well fortunately for me, not so fortunate for her :D ). My best friend's dad lives in Bethel (after migrating there from Massachusetts) so I used to go there every once in a while so Matt could combine a visit with me and his dad . . . haven't been there in some time though and I know there's got to be plenty of caches out that way, right?

Jake, Jake, Jake,

Havent I taught you anything??? If she said no you could have thrown her over the falls.:D

WhereRWe?
11-28-2006, 10:17 AM
Jake, Jake, Jake,

Havent I taught you anything??? If she said no you could have thrown her over the falls.:D

No, no no! If her answer had been no, she would have thrown Jake over the falls! Sheesh!

firefighterjake
11-28-2006, 10:35 AM
Jake, Jake, Jake,

Everyone's a comedian. :D

firefighterjake
11-28-2006, 10:35 AM
No, no no! If her answer had been no, she would have thrown Jake over the falls! Sheesh!

Like I said . . . everyone! :D

pjpreb
11-28-2006, 06:21 PM
Welcome!! Glad you're here - the more the merrier!!:)

WhereRWe?
11-28-2006, 08:12 PM
Welcome!! Glad you're here - the more the merrier!!:)

Yup. As long as you're "merry". If not, we have a separate thread for that, too.

Welcome! See you on the trail! (Or then again, maybe not... With all these "park and grab" caches showing up in central Maine, we don't even bother to hitch up the seat belt any more! Trail? What trail? LOL!)

tat
11-28-2006, 10:00 PM
Welcome! And notice there is a regularly scheduled chat on Mondays (newbies get first priority!) and on Wednesday.

hollora
11-28-2006, 11:46 PM
Welcome - this website is a great resouce.

Maine MountainMan
11-30-2006, 12:57 PM
Screw Auger Falls???
I know it well. Come to think of it, it's only a "stone's throw" from Tiger Tat's "the Jail" cache.
There are several caches around here.
I don't cache as much as I used to, when the kids were younger, but I still get out every now and again.
With me, having the time is an issue.
There's 4 or 5 new caches within 5 miles of my house, but I haven't had a chance to hit them yet.
Gotta do it before winter.

firefighterjake
11-30-2006, 01:05 PM
Screw Auger Falls???
I know it well. Come to think of it, it's only a "stone's throw" from Tiger Tat's "the Jail" cache.
There are several caches around here.
I don't cache as much as I used to, when the kids were younger, but I still get out every now and again.
With me, having the time is an issue.
There's 4 or 5 new caches within 5 miles of my house, but I haven't had a chance to hit them yet.
Gotta do it before winter.

Ah, time . . . the one commodity we always seem to be in short supply. Pesky work (real work, working on the house, working around the house) keeps getting in the way of having fun!:D