View Full Version : RE: Another reason to visit the metropolis of Unity

firefighterjake
11-28-2006, 10:41 AM
I've been watching and watching my multi-cache and the inventory shows that there is a Green Jeep TB that has been sitting there for a long, long time . . . I figured with time running out on the contest that some folks might be inclined to tackle this challenging cache before the contest ends if they knew there was a Green Jeep TB in the cache.

Plus, if you act now . . . or rather Saturday . . . you can stop by from 7-9 a.m. for a Fire Department breakfast at the Unity House of Pizza as we are raising money for a new fire station.

There . . . shameless plugs for my cache and for the FD.:eek:

Beach Comber
11-28-2006, 11:21 AM
I don't mind the shameless plulgs as long as you don't mind my shameless request for help figuring the blasted thing out - LOL - I am not getting it!

becket
11-28-2006, 11:38 AM
. . . you can stop by from 7-9 a.m. for a Fire Department breakfast at the Unity House of Pizza as we are raising money for a new fire station. mmmmmmm pizza! my favorite breakfast!

firefighterjake
11-28-2006, 02:02 PM
I don't mind the shameless plulgs as long as you don't mind my shameless request for help figuring the blasted thing out - LOL - I am not getting it!

Sending you a hint shortly.

firefighterjake
11-28-2006, 02:04 PM
mmmmmmm pizza! my favorite breakfast!

Actually we cooked up pancakes and bacon/sausage last time around . . . I don't know if they're planning on doing this again or going with an egg-based breakfast.

pjpreb
11-28-2006, 06:07 PM
We did well over a hundred caches this spring/summer and never saw a green jeep. I'm not impressed by this program at all.

We did go to many great places, had a blast, and will keep on cachin'

Hiram357
11-28-2006, 06:34 PM
Actually we cooked up pancakes and bacon/sausage last time around . . . I don't know if they're planning on doing this again or going with an egg-based breakfast.

what about beer? can't have breakfast without beer... :D

WhereRWe?
11-28-2006, 08:08 PM
Sending you a hint shortly.

Sheesh! Jake sent me a hint for his "Behind the Schoolhouse" cache. He doesn't understand that some of us are CLUELESS,and need out hints to be a little less cryptic! LOL!

Good luck! ;) ;)

WhereRWe?
11-28-2006, 08:10 PM

Mmmmmmm! Beer! Breakfast of Champions! Liquid bread! :D :D

Hiram357
11-28-2006, 11:33 PM
Mmmmmmm! Beer! Breakfast of Champions! Liquid bread! :D :D

Preach on Brutha Bruce!!! :D :D

hollora
11-28-2006, 11:44 PM
We stopped by the UHOP the other day - definitely good food! Breakfast I am sure will be no different! As for the caches - Unity and then on to China - there are a bunch and great fun! Green jeeps - just another fun TB - but a Jeep. My Hummer TB hasn't moved - but some people are into bugs and others aren't.

Jake - best wishes on fund raising for a new station. Are other fund raisers planned?

firefighterjake
11-29-2006, 07:13 AM

No beer, but you should know that the owners are planning on opening a cafe and I've been told that they will be serving alcohol there eventually.

firefighterjake
11-29-2006, 07:14 AM
Sheesh! Jake sent me a hint for his "Behind the Schoolhouse" cache. He doesn't understand that some of us are CLUELESS,and need out hints to be a little less cryptic! LOL!

Good luck! ;) ;)

Surely you don't want me to tell you right where it is . . . otherwise you won't get the hard fought satisfaction of finding this hidden cache. I did respond to your email with some more advice that may or may not be of help.

firefighterjake
11-29-2006, 07:14 AM
We stopped by the UHOP the other day - definitely good food! Breakfast I am sure will be no different! As for the caches - Unity and then on to China - there are a bunch and great fun! Green jeeps - just another fun TB - but a Jeep. My Hummer TB hasn't moved - but some people are into bugs and others aren't.

Jake - best wishes on fund raising for a new station. Are other fund raisers planned?

We've done two breakfasts so far with another possible one scheduled in January in addition to the one this Saturday.

WhereRWe?
11-29-2006, 03:55 PM
Surely you don't want me to tell you right where it is . . . otherwise you won't get the hard fought satisfaction of finding this hidden cache. I did respond to your email with some more advice that may or may not be of help.

No, but your advice that "it's not in the pine tree" was a lot more help than the other hint! LOL!

Hiram357
11-29-2006, 08:47 PM
No, but your advice that "it's not in the pine tree" was a lot more help than the other hint! LOL!

For a six of guinness i'll take ya right to it! :D

firefighterjake
11-30-2006, 07:20 AM

Sure you're pretty confident now . . . but I seem to recall at least one phone call practically pleading me to come down and help you out.;) :D Granted, you guys did find it on your own though . . . after I wandered down there to give you a hand.

WhereRWe?
11-30-2006, 08:23 AM

AHA! Someone told. I know where it is! Neener, neener... :p :p

(And I've gotta admit - we probably would never have found it. Our thinking on this one was COMPLETELY wrong.)

(OK Jake, don't run down and move it, now! LOL!)

Haffy
11-30-2006, 08:56 AM
Don't feel bad Bruce it took me 2 times as well,now if I can only get a hint on that darned phone booth micro. ;)

firefighterjake
11-30-2006, 09:45 AM
Don't feel bad Bruce it took me 2 times as well,now if I can only get a hint on that darned phone booth micro. ;)

I would send you a hint, but I'm mesmerized by the dancing turkey.:D

firefighterjake
11-30-2006, 09:51 AM
AHA! Someone told. I know where it is! Neener, neener... :p :p

(And I've gotta admit - we probably would never have found it. Our thinking on this one was COMPLETELY wrong.)

(OK Jake, don't run down and move it, now! LOL!)

Well I truly hope someone just gave you a hint in the right direction and didn't tell you exactly where it was since that seems to make geocaching less of a hunt and more of a numbers game thing . . . maybe it's just me but I find it much more rewarding to be given an additional hint when I need help rather than someone telling me exactly where to look for a cache . . . and in return I try to e-mail folks additional hints whenever I see a DNF logged since the object of hiding a cache for me is to have folks find the cache -- even if some present more of a challenge than others.

hollora
11-30-2006, 04:57 PM

Have to admit this is a pretty fancy phone booth but come on - how many places are there to look?:confused: It's not in the phone book cover and most of the objects don't move - sooooooo - if this is the spot - where would you hide it?:rolleyes: That's what we girls went on.:p

Good Luck!:D

WhereRWe?
11-30-2006, 10:18 PM
Have to admit this is a pretty fancy phone booth but come on - how many places are there to look?:confused: It's not in the phone book cover and most of the objects don't move - sooooooo - if this is the spot - where would you hide it?:rolleyes: That's what we girls went on.:p

I didn't really look for this one. I looked over the place casually, but there were too many people around to start playing with the thing! LOL! I'm pretty sure I know where it is, but there were 4 people at the picnic bench just behind me, and I didn't want to have to wait until they left... :D :D

(Getting too many muggles interested in what you're doing tends to make caches disappear!!)

(And as for the Behind the Schoolhouse" cache, I got a call from "Duke" from the bean commercials...)

firefighterjake
12-01-2006, 09:13 AM
I didn't really look for this one. I looked over the place casually, but there were too many people around to start playing with the thing! LOL! I'm pretty sure I know where it is, but there were 4 people at the picnic bench just behind me, and I didn't want to have to wait until they left... :D :D

(Getting too many muggles interested in what you're doing tends to make caches disappear!!)

(And as for the Behind the Schoolhouse" cache, I got a call from "Duke" from the bean commercials...)

Thanks Bruce . . . I subscribe the same philosophy when it comes to muggles. As aggravating as it can be to skip a cache when muggles are nearby, I have done just that to preserve the integrity of the cache so it will be there for future geocachers . . . especially when the cache is a "muggle intensive" area.

hollora
12-01-2006, 09:17 AM
Everyone is so right about muggles. And caches in town (even the small town of Unity) we all need to take care. Knowing when or calculating when businesses are and are not open helps. Jake, you were kind and posted the information.

We can all rely on Jake to have something unique and fun.

firefighterjake
12-01-2006, 09:37 AM
Everyone is so right about muggles. And caches in town (even the small town of Unity) we all need to take care. Knowing when or calculating when businesses are and are not open helps. Jake, you were kind and posted the information.

We can all rely on Jake to have something unique and fun.

Actually I don't believe I posted any info on the hours of operation . . . there is the post office, bank and telephone company that have "normal" business hours . . . and then there's the paging company which is 24-7 so it requires a little bit of stealth at times.

Hiram357
12-01-2006, 02:56 PM
Sure you're pretty confident now . . . but I seem to recall at least one phone call practically pleading me to come down and help you out.;) :D Granted, you guys did find it on your own though . . . after I wandered down there to give you a hand.

well of course i knew right were it was all along, i had to make the others sweat a bit though, the phone calls where all just part of the plan...:rolleyes: :p