View Full Version : RE: What are you hoping for?

firefighterjake
11-30-2006, 05:01 PM
It's a slow day at work so I've been doing a lot of thinking.

This year my wife said she didn't want to go crazy in terms of Christmas shopping which is alright by me since (as she mentioned) we've had several good Christmases in the past few years and more importantly we've spent quite a bit of money on remodeling the house in the past few months.

In any case, this got me to wondering if folks are planning on spending more, less or the same this Christmas (note I did not use the word "holidays" so I apologize in advance to any of our Jewish, Muslim, African-American, Wiccan or other -ish, -ims or -ans that celebrate another holiday besides Christmas).

In the same vein of thought, is there anything in particular folks are really hoping that they find under the tree in a little less than 25 days -- geocaching stuff or even non-geocaching stuff?

d’76
11-30-2006, 06:08 PM
It's a slow day at work so I've been doing a lot of thinking.

This year my wife said she didn't want to go crazy in terms of Christmas shopping which is alright by me since (as she mentioned) we've had several good Christmases in the past few years and more importantly we've spent quite a bit of money on remodeling the house in the past few months.

In any case, this got me to wondering if folks are planning on spending more, less or the same this Christmas (note I did not use the word "holidays" so I apologize in advance to any of our Jewish, Muslim, African-American, Wiccan or other -ish, -ims or -ans that celebrate another holiday besides Christmas).

In the same vein of thought, is there anything in particular folks are really hoping that they find under the tree in a little less than 25 days -- geocaching stuff or even non-geocaching stuff?

Boy, I can think of a few things that I would like to see under the tree but I think that the little woman would frown on it. :D :p

Hiram357
12-01-2006, 12:01 AM
well, im offended that you're not tryin to offend people... i think thats offensive... :rolleyes: ;)

and dont get me started on all the shopping stuff, its not even decem... its not even december 24th yet!

Sudonim
12-01-2006, 12:31 AM
I have hinted about for a Garmin 60CXs (or CSx, can't even keep it straight, how am I going to learn to use it if I get it!)

attroll
12-01-2006, 02:50 AM
We will be spening less on xmas this year. We have been looking at a camp that we are thinking of buying up near the Bigelows. So if all works out right that will be our xmas present to each other.

Quoddy
12-01-2006, 09:50 AM
I've sort of run out of GPS related stuff to buy,so this year it's going to be gear to get to the cache items. A pair of MSR Lightning Ascent Snowshoes and an Osprey Atmos 35 Pack are the main items. BTW I retired six weeks ago and moved to the NY/VT border where my new home is surrounded by mountains and great trails.

Sudonim
12-01-2006, 01:06 PM
BTW I retired six weeks ago and moved to the NY/VT border where my new home is surrounded by mountains and great trails.

...and you are surrounded by fresh new caches as well!!!

FuddsGirls
12-01-2006, 04:30 PM
I am hoping for a Garmin 60CXs also but I know something came from gpsonsale.com by UPS yesterday. So, can I wait until Christmas. The kids think I don't know what was in the box.

Hiram357
12-01-2006, 04:54 PM
I am hoping for a Garmin 60CXs also but I know something came from gpsonsale.com by UPS yesterday. So, can I wait until Christmas. The kids think I don't know what was in the box.

Heh... they proabably got you a Magellan... :p :rolleyes: :D

becket
12-01-2006, 05:18 PM
Heh... they proabably got you a Magellan... :p :rolleyes: :Dvery cool!:D :D :D

pjpreb
12-01-2006, 07:13 PM
We will spend less this year as our gift to each other was a new roof (and a dry livingroom carpet). The roofers will (hopefully) finish this weekend. The only item on my wish list is a camelbak. Someone put a good word in for me with Santa OK? ;)

firefighterjake
12-02-2006, 02:51 PM
We will spend less this year as our gift to each other was a new roof (and a dry livingroom carpet). The roofers will (hopefully) finish this weekend. The only item on my wish list is a camelbak. Someone put a good word in for me with Santa OK? ;)

I can do just that . . . I have a special "in" with the big guy since I know one of his local helpers who makes the rounds to the local town celebrations. In fact, this guy will be in Brooks on the evening of the 10th . . . which is always a great time since it seems as though half the town comes out to carol, meet Santa, drink hot chocolate/cider, etc.

firefighterjake
12-02-2006, 02:54 PM

One can only hope . . . the Explorist XL or 500 looks pretty sweet.

---

About now TRF should probably dig out the pic he has of the "Magellan GPSr" unit he "built." :D

FuddsGirls
12-02-2006, 10:29 PM
Hey, Hey now. I know some of you think Fudd doesn't exist but give him some credit. Besides, I got my new Christmas present early. I wanted it for Skowhegan next weekend, and it is a 60CSx:D :D :D

attroll
12-03-2006, 02:39 AM
Hey, Hey now. I know some of you think Fudd doesn't exist but give him some credit. Besides, I got my new Christmas present early. I wanted it for Skowhegan next weekend, and it is a 60CSx:D :D :D
Your a spoiled brat, I would have made you wait.

FuddsGirls
12-03-2006, 08:49 AM
Your a spoiled brat, I would have made you wait.
I was content waiting but he kept asking if I wanted it, even told the kids we would have it for next weekend if they gave it to me. But you know, lately I have been spoiled:o We even got to do Christmas boxes for needy kids somewhere else in the world this year. I think that was the best part of the season yet.:)

Beach Comber
12-03-2006, 09:39 AM
Hey, Hey now. I know some of you think Fudd doesn't exist but give him some credit.:D :D :D

He does - I met him at Agamenticus! Seemed like a nice guy - now I KNOW he is - a 60Csx AND he gave her the gift early - cool beans!!! Enjoy :D

Team2hunt
12-03-2006, 09:52 AM
Troy and I will be together on Christmas eve. And he wakes to have Christmas morning with me. He has given Santa the list, and most of it will be filled. Every year he always asks me what I want. And the answer is always the same. For everyone to have the best Christmas ever. We will celebrate our 2 year anniversary of geocaching, with a find after he has opened his presents from the North Pole.

Merry Christmas everyone.

tat
12-03-2006, 11:14 AM
I always want world peace, but maybe I should settle for "everyone having the best Christmas ever".

WhereRWe?
12-04-2006, 10:12 AM
I always want world peace, but maybe I should settle for "everyone having the best Christmas ever".

I don't think ANY Christmas is as good as the one when you're 3-4 years old, you come down and find the milk and cookies gone, the "reindeer" droppings on the porch, and under the tree, the thing you wanted most in the world.

:D :D

d’76
12-04-2006, 02:44 PM
I have already got what I want for xmas.

I got my health and a great girlfriend to enjoy it with and a bunch of friends to enjoy every day. What else could one ask for.:)

hollora
12-04-2006, 05:55 PM
As we get older and our lives change, so does our window on the World. Dave has said a lot in his post! Amen to those comments.

Last year my husband bought me my, yup, Garmin and look what it unleashed. Then he got ill........and he has improved so much. I am so thankful!

He has encouraged me to cache and ridden along in the car to many pretty places with me. When he asked that same question - what did I want this year? I said, "just keep your positive attitude and pay the gas bill". He just laughed and said, "Santa will find something for under the tree". And he even had a twinkle in his eye!

If we are blessed with health, happiness, great friends, hopefully great family - the memories will last forever. Childhood memories, hopefully are those to enjoy as well. Peace on Earth is hard to realize but that should always ring out as a message throughout the year!

My husband, in raising my children (his steps), always said - "Let's try to make a good memory everyday. We may make some mistakes but hopefully they are laughable and with that - they too are memories! Have to say - he did succeed and my kids (all grown up) talk about it every day.

Hope all those on GeocachingMaine enjoy this magical time of the year!