View Full Version : New Profile Page

Haffy
12-05-2006, 09:48 PM
Anybody else notice the new profile page? Looks pretty cool Rick,good job!!!

attroll
12-06-2006, 02:48 AM
Anybody else notice the new profile page? Looks pretty cool Rick,good job!!!
That may not stay. I am experimenting with it. Everyone is more then welcome to play around with it if they want. Right now it is just in the testing stages.

If you go to your profile and start playing around you will see that you can drag the boxes around and move them like a windows based program. Don't ask me to much because I don't know anything more then you do about it yet.

You can set up your own homepage on the web site also. But jsut play with it now if you wish. Like I said it may not stay.

attroll
12-06-2006, 04:28 AM
Here are two sample of what you can do.

My profile (http://www.geocachingmaine.org/forum/z/attroll/)

My Homepage (http://www.geocachingmaine.org/forum/z/attroll/?tab=1)

FuddsGirls
12-06-2006, 08:29 AM
Neat for someone who wants to play with it. Personally it looks complicated but I just took a quick peak. By the way, what the heck are you people doing up at 3:30 am? :eek: I know you all work.

firefighterjake
12-06-2006, 02:45 PM
I love this new change . . . I for one hope it may stay. I've already customized my webpage with info, pics and even a blog entry.

attroll
12-07-2006, 03:06 AM
I love this new change . . . I for one hope it may stay. I've already customized my webpage with info, pics and even a blog entry.
Jake, just some friendly advise. It is not a good idea to put your email in the public eye like you did in your profile. That is how spammers get email addresses. There are spiders that can be created to search forums looking for email addresses like joe@joe.net.

The G Team
12-07-2006, 06:59 AM
Jake, just some friendly advise. It is not a good idea to put your email in the public eye like you did in your profile. That is how spammers get email addresses. There are spiders that can be created to search forums looking for email addresses like joe@joe.net.

One thing you can do is spell it out "infoATifixpcs.biz", or "info@ifixpcsDOTbiz" for example--that should defeat the spiders.

firefighterjake
12-07-2006, 09:06 AM

But I haven't heard much lately on how much I need ******, how some disposed South American dictator wants to give me half of his money in return for giving him my bank account numbers and some girl named LuLu really, really, really wants to meet me! :D :eek:

Hiram357
12-07-2006, 12:06 PM
But I haven't heard much lately on how much I need ******, how some disposed South American dictator wants to give me half of his money in return for giving him my bank account numbers and some girl named LuLu really, really, really wants to meet me! :D :eek:

HEY! HANDS OFF LULU!! I SAW HER FIRST!

By the way Jake, I was just going through my files and it seems that I lost your account information, would you please send me your credit card numbers and social security numbers too so that I can update our database?

Thanks,
Imhadikan... Uhh I mean Hira... LULU!! that's it! :D :rolleyes: :p

firefighterjake
12-07-2006, 04:14 PM
HEY! HANDS OFF LULU!! I SAW HER FIRST!

By the way Jake, I was just going through my files and it seems that I lost your account information, would you please send me your credit card numbers and social security numbers too so that I can update our database?

Thanks,
Imhadikan... Uhh I mean Hira... LULU!! that's it! :D :rolleyes: :p

No problem . . . should I PM the numbers to you or simply post them here?:D

firefighterjake
12-08-2006, 02:37 PM
Rick . . .

How do I get "linked" to other cacher's profile page? I noticed you sent something requesting I add you to my Network section so I did . . . I put you in as a friend (hope that was OK.)

Also . . . is anyone else doing much with their profile page?

attroll
12-08-2006, 03:05 PM
Rick . . .

How do I get "linked" to other cacher's profile page? I noticed you sent something requesting I add you to my Network section so I did . . . I put you in as a friend (hope that was OK.)

If you go to anyones profile page under their profile navbar there should something that says "Network with firefighterjake" or what ever there user name is. I hope this helps.

Trezurs*-R-*Fun
12-08-2006, 03:20 PM
If you go to anyones profile page under their profile navbar there should something that says "Network with firefighterjake" or what ever there user name is. I hope this helps.

Why???? and I'm not saying its not good to network with FFJ, lol, but whats the purpose when we are all "networking" as members and participants of this site.

Hiram357
12-08-2006, 05:32 PM

I'm selling mine on E-Bay

Why???? and I'm not saying its not good to network with FFJ, lol, but whats the purpose when we are all "networking" as members and participants of this site.

So that we can form groups of the cool kids and the not so cool kids and throw spitballs at you during lunch :D :p ;)

Trezurs*-R-*Fun
12-08-2006, 06:07 PM
I'm selling mine on E-Bay

So that we can form groups of the cool kids and the not so cool kids and throw spitballs at you during lunch :D :p ;)

Why is it the uncool kids always throw spitballs!?

becket
12-08-2006, 06:48 PM
Why is it the uncool kids always throw spitballs!?yeah and when i was in high school, i had detention because of it :D

Hiram357
12-08-2006, 08:07 PM
yeah and when i was in high school, i had detention because of it :D

you were an uncool kid too!?!?! SEE!! WE CAN BE IN A NETWORK!! :D

becket
12-08-2006, 08:30 PM
you were an uncool kid too!?!?! SEE!! WE CAN BE IN A NETWORK!! :Dsomehow i knew that we had more in common than just caching, hiram!

d’76
12-09-2006, 08:04 PM
I think that I like the other profile page better. You could see where others where from and their bdays and such.:)

attroll
12-09-2006, 09:28 PM
I think that I like the other profile page better. You could see where others where from and their bdays and such.:)
Yes that was one downfall to the new profile. But when I installed it, I did not realize all the downfalls to it. So like I said it may not stay.

Haffy
12-09-2006, 10:06 PM
I agree, I liked the older one better. Sorry Jake......

Hiram357
12-09-2006, 10:46 PM
any way to merge the two different styles together?

firefighterjake
12-10-2006, 07:57 AM

I thought there was a section where you could add that info -- location and birthday . . . at least I filled out a section containing that info.