View Full Version : Merry Christmas

Gob-ler
12-23-2006, 08:46 AM
To all my caching friends a Merry Christmas.

While it is a very busy season for us all I want to take the opportunity to wish you and yours the best this Christmas time.

Trezurs*-R-*Fun
12-23-2006, 08:52 AM
Merry Christmas and Best Wishes to all!!!

Team2hunt
12-23-2006, 09:08 AM
Going to take 1manteam over to Kids Christmas Stash on Christmas Day to celebrate our 2nd anniversary. Thanks Gobler. Happy Holidays everyone.

WhereRWe?
12-23-2006, 09:15 AM
Bah, Humbug!

The Easter Bunny told me that there wasn't any such thing as Santa Claus.

;)

(But who believes a rabbit! Merry Christmas to all!)

Mainiac1957
12-23-2006, 10:26 AM
Bah, Humbug!

The Easter Bunny told me that there wasn't any such thing as Santa Claus.

;)

(But who believes a rabbit! Merry Christmas to all!)

Our resident curmudgeon has spoken;) :p Hope everyone is having a good Christmas weekend. If not then I'm sorry to hear that.:(

WhereRWe?
12-23-2006, 11:36 AM
Our resident curmudgeon has spoken;) :p (

Sheesh! 24/7, 365 days a year, always on duty! (Now if only we could get mail on Monday! LOL!)

Haffy
12-23-2006, 02:01 PM
http://www.geocaching.com/media/holiday.html

http://www.groundspeak.com/media/ice.htm

http://www.geocaching.com/signal/sglobe.aspx

Kaching Karen
12-23-2006, 04:45 PM
Haffy, that last one was kind of sad. Poor Signal. Got some caching in today even with our non-holiday weather. Bring on the snow!

tat
12-23-2006, 07:40 PM
Merry Christmas, one and all!!

hollora
12-23-2006, 08:31 PM
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!

Starzz
12-23-2006, 09:19 PM
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year everyone!!!!

WhereRWe?
12-24-2006, 09:50 AM
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year everyone!!!!

Hmmm.... Do they celebrate Christmas in Canada on December 25, the way we do here in the US? I know you have a different date for Thanksgiving and the Independence day... :D :D :D :p :p

But hey! Everyone knows that Santa lives at the North Pole - and the North Pole is in CANADA!

Merry Christmas, Sue! ;) ;)

Mainelyroses
12-24-2006, 09:55 AM
It's not the trees or tinsel
that make the season special...

It's friends like all of you
who bring a certain sparkle
to the holidays.
For in the warmth
of your bright spirit,
the magic of Christmas
is something real and true!

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Rose

Beach Comber
12-24-2006, 10:54 AM
Wishing everyone a wonderful holiday season!!

Haffy
12-24-2006, 11:23 AM
Hmmm.... Do they celebrate Christmas in Canada on December 25, the way we do here in the US? I know you have a different date for Thanksgiving and the Independence day... :D :D :D :p :p

But hey! Everyone knows that Santa lives at the North Pole - and the North Pole is in CANADA!

Merry Christmas, Sue! ;) ;)
Hey wait a minute there,I thought the North Pole was in Alaska and that is in the US.......;)

dí76
12-24-2006, 12:49 PM
Hey wait a minute there,I thought the North Pole was in Alaska and that is in the US.......;)

And knowing s half the battle
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20061222131444AA7YpPV

:D :p

Happy Christmas

LaughingTerry
12-24-2006, 04:37 PM
Thanks Gob-ler Thanks for the caches also. I had fun with them.(even RR Park) Happy Holidays to you and yours as well as everyone else here.

NOW!!! Who is sending me snow for Christmas????? I WANNA SNOWMOBILE!!!!

Beach Comber
12-24-2006, 06:51 PM
Happy Holidays to everyone!!!

Sudonim
12-24-2006, 07:45 PM
Merry Christmas and a Happy new year to all!
(And I don't want to forget those celebrating "Festivus for the rest of us" either ;)

firefighterjake
12-24-2006, 08:12 PM
Thanks Gob-ler Thanks for the caches also. I had fun with them.(even RR Park) Happy Holidays to you and yours as well as everyone else here.

NOW!!! Who is sending me snow for Christmas????? I WANNA SNOWMOBILE!!!!

I agree -- we need snow -- especially after last year's dismal sledding season. If we get any snow this year we should organize a gc.org sled trip.

firefighterjake
12-24-2006, 08:16 PM
Merry Christmas and a Happy new year to all!
(And I don't want to forget those celebrating "Festivus for the rest of us" either ;)

Thanks for thinking of the 'rest of us' ... I'm already limbering up for tomorrow's 'feats of strength.' :]

Sabby
12-24-2006, 10:49 PM
Well Christmas Eve dinner is over, the dishes are done, we've taken the reindeer food out on the front lawn and spread it on the grass (no snow here), we've put out cookies for Santa and hung our stockings, AND the grandchildren are in bed. Time to relax and reminiss with our children and be thankful forr all the blessings we have had this year.

We wish you all a very Merry Christmas with much Peace and Joy.

dí76
12-25-2006, 07:46 AM
So, now that it is here I would be interested in knowing what everone got for xmas. We did our stuff last night since there are no kids in the mix and Constance folks have to be on the road early.

I got a great camera to put on the trails and watch wildlife. It does stills and video. I cant wait to get it out there.

Constance got a tikka light and some hiking boots and various other things.

With this list I hope to be able to get ideas for next year.

Be safe all and have a great day.:)

Mainiac1957
12-25-2006, 01:22 PM
I received lots of neat stuff, but as far a caching goes I got a crisp new Street Atlas 2007 DVD. Looks great what I have seen so far. It has GPS support as well as street level maps of all of Canada as well.

hollora
12-25-2006, 04:45 PM
Last year I got my GPSr from hubby. As you all know, that unleashed a monster. This year, for caching, my hubby got me a WiFi locator, a new laptop (that's a long story) and has promised to help me continue to pay the gasoline bill and also pay so I can go to Raleigh. Woooo, Hoooo!

Becka and her hubby (Francis Family) actually hid my gift and I had to use her GPSr and go to the Mom waypoint to find it. It was at my house but we have 6 acres. LOL

She and Charlie had gotten me a card for my Palm and an ammo box loaded with goodies to make caches. There was camo tape, a waterproof match container, little log books, pencils, sharpners and other neat stuff. This was one of my coolest gifts and obviously one I will be sharing with others in 2007.

Other things I received were a geo key chain and geocoins. There are just loads of ideas when it comes to caching.

Hope Santa was good to everyone. Everyone stay safe out there as this unseasonable weather will cause ice and road conditions to be unpredicitable and precarious for a while.

Cache Maine
12-25-2006, 06:00 PM
Other things I received were a geo key chain and geocoins..

Coins? Did somebody say coins?

Woo-hoo....Lots of caching stuff here. Most importantly for the ones that ride with me, a new pda charging mount so I don't have to fiddle with that cord anymore and a new bluetooth GPSr that actually turns on when I hit the little button! Woo hoo, Raleigh, here we come!

LaughingTerry
12-26-2006, 08:58 AM
I agree -- we need snow -- especially after last year's dismal sledding season. If we get any snow this year we should organize a gc.org sled trip.

I'm up for that. In fact I have an extra sled now if I can get them both to where we are going. The only thing is to see who wants to go that doesn't have a sled. It's my new Ski-Doo Freestyle 300.

firefighterjake
12-26-2006, 09:16 AM
I'm up for that. In fact I have an extra sled now if I can get them both to where we are going. The only thing is to see who wants to go that doesn't have a sled. It's my new Ski-Doo Freestyle 300.

Sounds like a plan . . . now we just need some snow . . . and then a date and place that would work for folks. If you have some of that extra "seed" snow, send some over my way would ya? :)

Not to hi-jack this thread but I'm curious as to why you bought a Freestyle -- I never figured you for a Freestyle sort of guy.

WhereRWe?
12-26-2006, 02:03 PM
Last year I got my GPSr from hubby. As you all know, that unleashed a monster. This year, for caching, my hubby got me a WiFi locator,

A "WiFi locator"??? :confused: :confused:

Mainiac1957
12-26-2006, 02:14 PM
Check out this one (http://www.intego.com/wiFiLocator/) I found.

WhereRWe?
12-26-2006, 08:05 PM
Check out this one (http://www.intego.com/wiFiLocator/) I found.

OK.

We use "NetStumbler" (http://www.netstumbler.com/downloads/), with the laptop on, when we're traveling.

(I'm just happy that our Tivo is now WIRELESS!!! No more $2 calls to Augusta to upgrade the program guide 10 times a month! :D :D )

firefighterjake
12-27-2006, 11:10 AM
I called my sister on Christmas and she said her and my brother-in-law were digging out from a storm that left 4 feet of snow (on top of the other foot they had before) at their rented cabin in Portage Valley (a little bit south of Anchorage . . . basically the place that was wiped out when the 1964 earthquake struck and the land dropped several feet to sea level.)

Thought of Noreasta, LT, Attroll, Dootrax and others . . . thought you guys would get a kick out of this link.

http://www.adn.com/news/alaska/anchorage/story/8516403p-8409430c.html

Hiram357
12-27-2006, 03:07 PM
I called my sister on Christmas and she said her and my brother-in-law were digging out from a storm that left 4 feet of snow (on top of the other foot they had before) at their rented cabin in Portage Valley (a little bit south of Anchorage . . . basically the place that was wiped out when the 1964 earthquake struck and the land dropped several feet to sea level.)

Thought of Noreasta, LT, Attroll, Dootrax and others . . . thought you guys would get a kick out of this link.

http://www.adn.com/news/alaska/anchorage/story/8516403p-8409430c.html

I like in the article where it says "Powers and two buddies bundled in layers of super-tough outdoor gear and got to work"

and it shows the picture of them wearing the same outdoor gear we wear in maine!! blue jeans and carharts! :D :D