View Full Version : A Christmas Poll

WhereRWe?
12-25-2006, 11:36 AM
OK - here's the question for the day:

Who got a new GPSr for Christmas? :D :D

Starzz
12-25-2006, 11:45 AM
I didn't!!! but I did get some geoswag! :)

WhereRWe?
12-25-2006, 03:39 PM
I didn't!!! but I did get some geoswag! :)

LOL! I have to admit that my parents still give us stuff for our Christmas stockings. And often, it is the WIERDEST stuff imaginable. Some of it WILL show up in a geocache! :D :D

Kaching Karen
12-25-2006, 07:56 PM
A certain Santa, who probably was sick and tired of me complaining about my cracked, salt water-dunked, off by 60 feet, GPSr decided to get me a copy of my old one. Smart thinking there, because I won't have to get new cables and stuff.
My son, was home with me for Christmas Eve and most of Christmas Day. He did up a stocking for me (a wonderful and thoughtful surprise) and there were some bouncy balls in it. I said, "Oh cool. For geocaching!" He laughed and admitted he just threw them in there to fill the stocking.
We won't open gifts until tomorrow when my daughter gets here from Seattle. I have had a wonderful Christmas starting with a visit from 1manteam and Team2hunt and finishing with a trip to Nova Scotia and with my kids. Rock on, Christmas!

LaughingTerry
12-26-2006, 08:53 AM
No GPSr but I did get seed snow from my Xwife. It's working too as there is snow in my yard now. Woo Hoo!!!!! I'll get to snowmobile yet.

Hiram357
12-26-2006, 11:54 AM
No GPSr but I did get seed snow from my Xwife. It's working too as there is snow in my yard now. Woo Hoo!!!!! I'll get to snowmobile yet.

from your ex? did you make sure that the seeds weren't yellow? :D

Team2hunt
12-26-2006, 09:36 PM
We got 10 bags of plastic frogs and 3 of snakes and 2 bags of lizards. Can't wait to start dropping them off. Too much to feed them all anyways. :p

kayakerinme
12-27-2006, 09:55 AM
We got 10 bags of plastic frogs and 3 of snakes and 2 bags of lizards. Can't wait to start dropping them off. Too much to feed them all anyways. :p

And a partridge in a pear tree? :p

steverph
12-27-2006, 10:40 AM
I did not get a new GPSr for Christmas, but I did get to be one of Santa's elves and help a friend pick one out for his wife. They were with me on a few caching adventures during the last couple of years and finally decided to officially join the fun. I lobbied hard for the Garmin Map 60CSx and Santa saw it my way!!:D

Beach Comber
12-27-2006, 11:10 AM
That's one smart Santa!

Team2hunt
12-27-2006, 08:30 PM
That's one smart Santa!

You've never heard of Santa getting lost have you?

FuddsGirls
12-28-2006, 11:10 AM
So you know that I got my new GPSr early but after the last event, the husband and kids ordered the bean bag and mounts for the car to go with it. See I did have to wait until Christmas:eek: And it was very cool driving in Connecticut this week...

Beach Comber
12-28-2006, 07:52 PM
You've never heard of Santa getting lost have you?

Well, I'm not sure if he was lost, but he certainly missed my house one year. Or was it perhaps because I was a bad girl. Noooooo - that just couldn't be! I have always consoled myself with the idea that it couldn't have been that because I didn't get coal in my stocking. Maybe he was lost ....... hmmmmmmmmm

d’76
12-28-2006, 08:05 PM
Well, I'm not sure if he was lost, but he certainly missed my house one year. Or was it perhaps because I was a bad girl. Noooooo - that just couldn't be! I have always consoled myself with the idea that it couldn't have been that because I didn't get coal in my stocking. Maybe he was lost ....... hmmmmmmmmm

;) :rolleyes:

mainesurveyor
12-30-2006, 01:13 PM
Maybe he was lost ....... hmmmmmmmmm

...okay I've waited three days now since this post...where's the obligatory "Santa must have been using a Magellan" replies?

Hope all had a great CHRISTmas and will have a happy New Year.

--Mike.

WhereRWe?
12-30-2006, 07:46 PM
...okay I've waited three days now since this post...where's the obligatory "Santa must have been using a Magellan" replies?

Hope all had a great CHRISTmas and will have a happy New Year.

--Mike.

Sheesh! EVERYONE knows that Santa's guide is Rudolph, the red-nosed reindeer.

And Rudolph has a Garmin 60csx! :p :p :p

Hiram357
12-30-2006, 10:10 PM
Sheesh! EVERYONE knows that Santa's guide is Rudolph, the red-nosed reindeer.

And Rudolph has a Garmin 60csx! :p :p :p

bruce bruce bruce.... the reindeer fly... they cant use a land based GPSr for navigation... haven't you ever seen santa's sleigh??? it's fully decked out with an integrated full color flat screen Garmin G900x :D

FuddsGirls
12-31-2006, 05:07 PM

The GRINCH was using a Magellan for our Christmas. It was great this year. Happy New year to you too.

MoxieMan
01-01-2007, 10:44 PM
I didn't get a GPSr but like most I did get some geoswag...that someone might think is ummmm sorta ok. lol My crazy aunt still gives my whole family stockings and there were definitely some weird stuff this year. My brother-in-law got a Speedo that was about 10 sizes too small (well, I might have had something to do with it being in his stocking, but that's beside the point). Did I mention I got some geoswag?

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!