View Full Version : Look what followed me home yesterday, and Mom says I can keep it!

The G Team
12-27-2006, 07:00 PM
http://www.geocachingmaine.org/gallery/data/500/medium/92_XJ-001.jpg

Laid down $300.00 cash and drove it home--wadda ya think?

'92 Cherokee Limited
Auto
242 transfer case
Power everything (including both leather seats)
Remote start
A/C

Of course, there is a down side:

http://www.geocachingmaine.org/gallery/data/500/medium/92_XJ-004.jpg

So, it is getting stripped for parts--oh well!

dí76
12-27-2006, 07:03 PM
Card board ducktape and a blue tarp and it would be just like brand new.:D

The G Team
12-27-2006, 07:54 PM
Card board ducktape and a blue tarp and it would be just like brand new.:D

Ha ha--that brown is fibreglas cloth and the 5 gallons or so of resin that it looks like the previous owner stood back and threw at it--I take it autobody is not his day job :D

Hiram357
12-27-2006, 08:52 PM
wow, is that roofing tar on there too???? im visioning a 6" lift and 33s... who cares what it looks like, just scrape it against some rocks a few times and itll take that right off :D :D

HappyTogether
12-08-2007, 04:39 PM
I'd swear I saw this jeep on e-bay motors a few years ago while searching for a 4x4 of my very own.

Yeah, yeah, I included non-Fords in the search. But this is the only place you will EVER hear me admit it. :)

The G Team
12-08-2007, 04:46 PM
I'd swear I saw this jeep on e-bay motors a few years ago while searching for a 4x4 of my very own.

Yeah, yeah, I included non-Fords in the search. But this is the only place you will EVER hear me admit it. :)

Holy old thread, Batman!

Ha ha--it could have been!? Now whatever I didn't use or save has been crushed, recycled, and is probably part of a Ford bumper by now :D

HappyTogether
12-08-2007, 05:36 PM
Holy old thread, Batman!

Ha ha--it could have been!? Now whatever I didn't use or save has been crushed, recycled, and is probably part of a Ford bumper by now :D

True, true, but I have only been aware of ORCA since the last TL event. The recent newsletter made me aware of this section of the website (thanks Mediwisla!). Been doing a little reading on an otherwise lazy afternoon.

The G Team
12-08-2007, 05:59 PM
True, true, but I have only been aware of ORCA since the last TL event. The recent newsletter made me aware of this section of the website (thanks Mediwisla!). Been doing a little reading on an otherwise lazy afternoon.

:D Yes, we need more participation in this forum, and Ford folks are welcome. Prior to getting the Jeep, a full size Bronco was my off-roader of choice and I've got an Explorer axle in the Jeep. The Mid Coast Jeep and ORV club plans to wheel all winter--everyone (and all makes) welcome! www.midcoastjeep.com

Hiram357
12-08-2007, 08:03 PM

Yeah, it's about time you starting speaking up... :p ;)

The Mid Coast Jeep and ORV club plans to wheel all winter--everyone (and all makes) welcome!

I call shotgun!!:D

dubord207
12-13-2007, 06:23 PM
Paint that thing camo, put a geocahe sticker on it, bury it out in the woods someplace, put some junky old Ford parts Travel Bugs in it, and get us the coords.Name the cache the Team G Grunt Bucket!

hollora
12-13-2007, 06:35 PM
Paint that thing camo, put a geocahe sticker on it, bury it out in the woods someplace, put some junky old Ford parts Travel Bugs in it, and get us the coords.Name the cache the Team G Grunt Bucket!

Oh no - that one is much to nice........you need something like Pontiac Silver Streak - now if you haven't found that one - put it on your list for next year....a must do.......do much fun!:D

dubord207
12-14-2007, 04:56 PM
Does OJ Simpson still drive a white SUV?

Hiram357
02-25-2008, 09:25 PM
Mike.... Ya let me down! I was hopin you would be at the WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWW4 event with the jeep... did ya get the new bumper on yet?? :confused::D

vicbiker
02-26-2008, 09:27 AM
A few cans of triple expanding foam...a good body rasp....and a can of under coating...it'll be as good as new. My Samari was mostly foam...great stuff.

firefighterjake
02-26-2008, 01:00 PM
A few cans of triple expanding foam...a good body rasp....and a can of under coating...it'll be as good as new. My Samari was mostly foam...great stuff.

My wife loves using that stuff when we're insulating the house . . . as for me whenever I use it I inevitably get that sticky stuff all over my hands and then it foams up and I end up looking like I've going into anaphylaxtic shock as the foam starts expanding.

dí76
02-26-2008, 03:53 PM
My wife loves using that stuff when we're insulating the house . . . as for me whenever I use it I inevitably get that sticky stuff all over my hands and then it foams up and I end up looking like I've going into anaphylaxtic shock as the foam starts expanding.

Laquer thinner will take that stuff right off. After doing years of work in the auto collision field I realized how great that stuff was. I have it around now as a general house hold cleaner.

The G Team
02-27-2008, 05:36 PM
Well, some of it is probably been made into tuna cans by now, the trasfer case is in the green Jeep, the block is stripped and ready to start the stroker project, the tranny is in my shed as a spare, as are the hood, doors, a fender or two and most of the interior. Oh, and the wheels are out behind the shed. So, white Jeep is no more.

Hiram357
02-27-2008, 07:53 PM
Well, some of it is probably been made into tuna cans by now, the trasfer case is in the green Jeep, the block is stripped and ready to start the stroker project, the tranny is in my shed as a spare, as are the hood, doors, a fender or two and most of the interior. Oh, and the wheels are out behind the shed. So, white Jeep is no more.

but what about the green jeep!?!?! is the facelift done??? :confused::D

firefighterjake
02-28-2008, 09:18 AM
So Aaron . . . is it safe to assume that you guys will have some sort of 4WD vehicle for next summer's ORCA event or are you planning on driving Steph's Scooby-Doo for the event? ;):D

Hiram357
02-28-2008, 03:53 PM
So Aaron . . . is it safe to assume that you guys will have some sort of 4WD vehicle for next summer's ORCA event or are you planning on driving Steph's Scooby-Doo for the event? ;):D

Even if I hafta buy a jeep for $500 outta uncle henrys for the event... :D

firefighterjake
02-28-2008, 04:18 PM
Even if I hafta buy a jeep for $500 outta uncle henrys for the event... :D

A throw-away Jeep . . . is that like a throw-away Magellan . . . oh wait a minute, that was a Garmin that you "tossed" in the stream . . . the snowbank . . . in middle of the woods. ;):D Sorry to rub salt on the wounds . . . but I couldn't help myself.

The G Team
02-28-2008, 08:32 PM
Mike.... Ya let me down! I was hopin you would be at the WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWW4 event with the jeep... did ya get the new bumper on yet?? :confused::D

Yeah, we had planned to make it, but it didn't work out.

The bumper is not on yet. I decided to beef up the mounts--the new ones will attach with 11 bolts per side, vs. the three bolts on the (bent) stock mounts. Should be a bit more sturdy.

The rack is on and working nicely--haven't done much else. Here's a pic from out last run to the off road park, before the snow got stupid deep--it was about 2ft. deep here.

http://www.jeepforum.com/gallery/data/4/medium/UpHill.jpg

Spring can come any time now!